Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

EricBauman posted:

People are using lowercase letters while they say the Middle Ages brought nothing new. smdh

BEFORETHEWESTERNEMPIREFELLEVERYBODYWASCONSTANTLYSHOUTING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Byzantine posted:

BEFORETHEVVESTERNEMPIREFELLEVERYBODYVVASCONSTANTLYSHOVTING

FTFY

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

EricBauman posted:

People are using lowercase letters while they say the Middle Ages brought nothing new. smdh

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rumda posted:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

The worst thing there: “2.4 A of power”.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Oct 30, 2016

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

The worst thing there “2.4 A of power”.

Hnnnnnnnng. :argh:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd love to see the methodology and raw data that study generated.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

COMfTANTLY

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Man, a LoB post containing crazy poo poo without context for a second I thought I was in the IoSM thread. You're doing the lord's work over there by the way.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I was kinda interested in finding out what kind of deranged mind comes up with this poo poo and still calls it science, so I googled that organisation.

Turns out, it's a cult. It's led by some guy they consider a saint, and whenever they talk about him, the pronouns are capitalized, like "He".

Stuff they believe:
- 'Spiritual science' is just as valid as modern science. But modern science is worthless because it's only about the physical world and doesn't help us after death.
- Quote:

quote:

When one wants to research the subtle-world, one cannot use conventional measurement and analysis tools. Just as we cannot use a measuring tape to measure one’s intellect, so also we cannot use physical, psychological or intellectual methods to understand or explore the spiritual realm. This is because of the simple reason that by definition the spiritual dimension is that, which is beyond the understanding of the five senses, mind and intellect.
- So, how then do you do 'spiritual science'? Why, that's simple. You just have to follow a training by one of their gurus, they will teach you how to talk to god/"universal mind", and once you know how to do that, you can ask him any question and the correct answer will pop up in your mind in seconds. Don't worry about the needlessly complex scientific method them regular scientists came up with. And it's true research because you learn 100% accurate facts by using this method. It's beyond the understanding of intellect so don't question it.

Some more stuff from their site:

Carbon dioxide has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Oct 30, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:golfclap:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
This is a beautiful find, A+ crazy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mods rename me sadguru!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Sooooo.... they're German?

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

frankenfreak posted:

Mods rename me sadguru!

Mods rename me Guru Squared

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

moon frequencies

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The best part is, these graphs are better at conveying the information they're trying to give than a lot of the actual serious graphs about real things posted in this thread. Like, "understanding how a pie chart works" is the low bar we're working with here.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

This one was posted here before but it always makes me smile :allears:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I love this one. Reminds me of the time our corporate overlords produced a song and dance number set to Jay-Z's New York about their corporate values, and the main value was "Profit Driven". It had a lot of old middle aged white men dancing badly in suits, and a mascot of the corporate emblem. Steve Carell's Michael Scott would have been proud.

But at least it was honest I guess.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is the "yard sard" of graphs. I can't help but crack up every time I see it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

At least there is a slight overlap.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Picnic Princess posted:

This is the "yard sard" of graphs. I can't help but crack up every time I see it.

Please tell me about yard sard

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Geokinesis posted:

moon frequencies

Moon Moon frequencies.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

moon frequencies

'Bout every 28 days...

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

sweeperbravo posted:

There's not much to it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Fathis Munk posted:

My sister in particular loved this one because she was dealing with this company at her job.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

sweeperbravo posted:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
That's what I hoped, and I was not disappointed.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's way more to it than that.

It's always the same kind of screwup too, you get one word right but slap the ending of it onto the other one.

There's something about the act of making a sign that does this to people. Painting the big letters takes way longer than writing so if you let yourself get distracted you'll go into the same autopilot, except it fucks up and crashes.

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Nov 2, 2016

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

RandomFerret posted:

There's something about the act of making a sign that does this to people. Painting the big letters takes way longer than writing so if you let yourself get distracted you'll go into the same autopilot, except it fucks up and crashes.

Explains badly spelled tattoos

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I think by this point enough people have seen yard sard pictures online that most do it on purpose.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

One time in high school my friend had some shirt, I can't even remember what it was exactly , but it was some political thing with two dudes running for office. He wanted me to write "BOTH SUCK" on it in big black letters, so I obliged.

He ran around the rest of the day getting mocked with a shirt that had "BOLTH SUCK" on it. No idea what happened. I just shorted out drawing it on there I guess.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fathis Munk posted:

That one and the Manchester one are always my favourites:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's the good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

They’re not in the same plane. They just happened to line up perfectly by coincidence.