Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fair enough.

Another indication of :iw:'s lack of imagination since their lobotomy: every location has the same gravity.

I didn't know Europa was 1g...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Destiny and Halo does the same poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Destiny and Halo does the same poo poo.

They both have artificial gravity manipulation, aka, "magic".

I wanted that zero-g ad they did for CoD a while back as an actual gameplay option

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Looks like Titanfall 2 will win over this - especially with the Pay to Win mechanics due to Scrap drop rate. And a fractured play base when the new DLC amp packs domw out. Free Maps for life in TF2.

Never thought I would say this but with BF1 and TF2 and some of the changes made within game, EA is really doing some consumer friendly things. Activision meanwhile is upping the ante on Pay to WIn in COD: Infinite Warfare, and adding more and more microtransactions to Destiny. Looks like I won't be buying any of Activisions games until they revert.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I would prefer they pulled back, but in an ironic twist, I also wish they'd just cut the foreplay and give me CoD: Online already.
Their way is like inching into Lake Erie in the middle of September; yeah, it may be 90 degrees in the air, but that water is loving cold. Just splash in and get it over with.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
my boss wants to have a going away party for me on friday and I don't have the heart to tell my coworkers to gently caress off because i dont work here anymore and there's a new COD sitting on my porch

so i'll probably be on later that night

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like all Call of Duty games except 3 and the Vita one.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
"This year I am definitely skipping this" - me before beta

Me now :smith:

Think I lost my right to bitch about video games not being good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mon Dieu... :ohdear:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Welcome to the cool kids club

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

BobbyBaudoin posted:

RIP in pieces.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Why were you charged $129 for that. Are those Australian moon dollars or something? I thought it was $100 usd.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

housefly posted:

Why were you charged $129 for that. Are those Australian moon dollars or something? I thought it was $100 usd.

Canadian money, but we're nearing parity with the Australian dollar soon!

Just to give you an example, IW by itself costs around 90$ with taxes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If i don't find a phone i want on sale for Black Friday, I'll pick it up.

I'll be loving damned if I'm going to pay for maps ever again though.

Watch Activision put the remaining CoD 4 maps in the first DLC installment :suicide:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Macys posted:

Watch Activision put the remaining CoD 4 maps in the first DLC installment :suicide:

I had this exact thought today.

I may play some space CoD, but basically I'm all in for MWR. Although I'm not sure I would have bought it if I didn't get the discount from Amazon Prime plus having a 10 buck credit from them. 55 bucks for the game is a lot more palatable than 85.

I'm also excited to be able to air burst C4 again.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

MWR servers were up for about 15 minutes earlier again. Twitter is buzzing about them going live tomorrow. wooo wooo.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

At least it's been said that the remaining CoD4 maps are coming in a December update.

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/771759678850080769

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Note that it doesn't say whether that update is free or pay, though.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

Note that it doesn't say whether that update is free or pay, though.

this was the first thing I noticed and if you don't think that was intentional then

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
If I'm not mistaken the CEO of Activision said those maps would be added free of charge at CoD XP.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Javes posted:

If I'm not mistaken the CEO of Activision said those maps would be added free of charge at CoD XP.

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember them saying they wouldn't be ready for launch but that they would be included. Besides, dlc 1 for iw won't be ready until February I'm sure.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
If they could make the season pass free for the PC it would be great. It's impossible to play those maps outside a few weeks of their release.

Also having a rotating mode of the day where you get more XP so anything other than TDM is populated. I'm stunned they still haven't done this already but hey who cares about anything other than metacritic and microtransactions?

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

I still can't believe I'm paying $80 for a ten year old game. By paying $80, I mean that I'm trading in poo poo I just don't play any more so I'm only shelling out $10 at most. :patriot:

What I played of the IW mp beta was hot garbage and reminded me of exactly why I got rid of BlOps3 so soon. Too bad I can't just trade that disc back in and keep MWR.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you don't like blops3 theres the door **boostjumps to a wallrun and scurries away**

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you don't like blops3 theres the door **boostjumps to a wallrun and scurries away**

blops 3 is the best next gen cod so far. I still think blops 1 is the best overall cod game.

MW2 is the most broken and I loving love it.

Edit: I'm gonna admit it, I got the season pass because they said you get more daily rewards if you own it.

Yes I'm terrible at good purchasing decisions.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 2, 2016

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

housefly posted:

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember them saying they wouldn't be ready for launch but that they would be included. Besides, dlc 1 for iw won't be ready until February I'm sure.

Oh man are we finally going to get DLC that's actually worth the price content wise?

Assuming of course they are going to be adding in new guns,new maps for IW,possibly more of the COD 4 maps for Remaster, on top whatever they are going to do with Zombies?

Sounds like a lot of content for 15 at least.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Oh man are we finally going to get DLC that's actually worth the price content wise?

Assuming of course they are going to be adding in new guns,new maps for IW,possibly more of the COD 4 maps for Remaster, on top whatever they are going to do with Zombies?

Sounds like a lot of content for 15 at least.

Uh...what? I was agreeing with Javes that I remember hearing something about the remaining cod4 maps being free for everyone who owns mwr. The second part was to say that they likely wouldn't pull a "pay-for" since the first dlc for infinite warfare won't be released until February and the remaining cod4 maps are being released next month.

But regardless, the dlc will assuredly not be worth the money. Blops didn't add guns. It was just 1 map for zombies and 4 maps (mostly not great maps at that) for mp.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone know if there was an official response as to why the character models for MP in IW are faceless, sexless, featureless killing machines of indeterminate origin?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

In the future we are all sexless and brown, macys.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Mister Macys posted:

Anyone know if there was an official response as to why the character models for MP in IW are faceless, sexless, featureless killing machines of indeterminate origin?

The popular opinion, from what I've noticed, is that most find the character to be bland as all hell and incredibly boring. I actually like this way more than the black ops 3 model but if you saw my taste in movies and games you'd notice I am a massive edgelord.
Faceless mercenary that just does his/her job and being good at it is what I find cool in a character, even if they're silent and featureless.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

I'm that right now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm dating someone now but she's taking a 10 day work trip that begins the exact day this comes out. It's like she gets me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

I would be happier with this than the current situation, if only to see racists absolutely lose their poo poo and get the gently caress out of my preferred shooter lobbies.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I'm that right now

Won't lie, I picture you as your Sheperd model. I apologise if that offends you though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

housefly posted:

Uh...what? I was agreeing with Javes that I remember hearing something about the remaining cod4 maps being free for everyone who owns mwr. The second part was to say that they likely wouldn't pull a "pay-for" since the first dlc for infinite warfare won't be released until February and the remaining cod4 maps are being released next month.

But regardless, the dlc will assuredly not be worth the money. Blops didn't add guns. It was just 1 map for zombies and 4 maps (mostly not great maps at that) for mp.

I could have swore the DLC packs added some extra guns as well in Blops 3? Or am i thinking of Advanced Warfare again?

Well if that's the case then i suppose it's business as usual :v:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I could have swore the DLC packs added some extra guns as well in Blops 3? Or am i thinking of Advanced Warfare again?

Well if that's the case then i suppose it's business as usual :v:

Extra guns were added by patches, but owning a specific DLC pack was not a requirement to get earn them from the slot machine supply drops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Deleted BLOPS3 off my PS4 and unbookmarked the thread. Long live the new COD.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Won't lie, I picture you as your Sheperd model. I apologise if that offends you though.
I don't have quite the same level of duckface. Also I actually have biceps and forearms. And better posture. But nah, I ain't offended.

Wasn't it ChaCha that thought I was a sassy redhead?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Deleted BLOPS3 off my PS4 and unbookmarked the thread. Long live the new COD.

See ya there noodle, I'll defo be on. I can't wait to play robot doggo.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is the SMG robot guy just a class loadout you can pick or is he some wacky killstreak thing you have to unlock per match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
I can't believe I JUST discovered there was a new thread.

Are we all in agreement that the new COD is MWR and the other one is a tech demo for Blops 4?

• Locked thread