Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, reread. Nothing exciting is really sticking out to me yet.

Jimmy seems the scummiest on posting, but I can see the setup/role reasons to keep him around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

It's not really odd if people are just being casual with their treats, though?

It is IF they are on the same scum team and wish to claim the treat prize for themselves, so casual flippant responses like "he has a cat avatar" should be raising eyebrows.

Most players may see a vote leader for the treats and just toss them that way out of apathy.

All I'm saying is the treats are the hook to this game and we should be giving them out cautiously instead of casually

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I agree. I only trust myself, thus voting the treat to myself.

That does remind me that RF seemed to think it was suspicious that people were self treating.

RF, can you explain further about why you think that is?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Most players may see a vote leader for the treats and just toss them that way out of apathy.

Do you expect the same thing to happen with lynches this game or are you specifically concerned with treats?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just treats.

Don't know how powerful they are, but Asiina says we want our teams to have them. So I'd much rather we reach a consensus on treats at the end of the day, rather than just tossing them out there.
I think it will add an extra layer of scum hunting to the game to see who favours who with their treats.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why game the mod about treats. I think using it as a utility to scum hunt is kind of bunk, or rather will prove to be bunk.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Just treats.

Don't know how powerful they are, but Asiina says we want our teams to have them. So I'd much rather we reach a consensus on treats at the end of the day, rather than just tossing them out there.
I think it will add an extra layer of scum hunting to the game to see who favours who with their treats.

I guess I'm just not understanding how throwing around treats early is different than throwing around votes early. Positive effect, negative effect, whatever, but it's still a vote at the end of the day. I'm not advocating not discussing treat picks, but this level of concern two days before deadline seems forced.

##untreat
##treat derp

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why game the mod about treats. I think using it as a utility to scum hunt is kind of bunk, or rather will prove to be bunk.

Says the man who gave his treat out because "he had a cat avatar" :colbert:

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm not advocating not discussing treat picks, but this level of concern two days before deadline seems forced.

Sorry for taking Asiina's Super Serious Game No Laughing Mafia super seriously and actually having an opinion :colbert:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, reread. Nothing exciting is really sticking out to me yet.

Jimmy seems the scummiest on posting, but I can see the setup/role reasons to keep him around.

:agreed:

Infinitum posted:

It is IF they are on the same scum team and wish to claim the treat prize for themselves, so casual flippant responses like "he has a cat avatar" should be raising eyebrows.

All I'm saying is the treats are the hook to this game and we should be giving them out cautiously instead of casually

I don't think your point is bad, Inf. I just am not sure about Somber's phrasing of "You have a good point, except here is the excuse that makes your point worthless."

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Sorry for taking Asiina's Super Serious Game No Laughing Mafia super seriously and actually having an opinion :colbert:

##treat infinitum

And how does this make you feel?

I think it's unlikely we'll see serious treat votes until days start moving towards a lynch or deadline

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Guys treat me i am confirmed town

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The treat economy is rigged to favor the top 1%. We need to throw off our shackles and make the millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share of treats!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Uh, there is no way that Asiina didn't already intend for us to do that.

If we don't treat(hehe) them seriously, then that gives scum free reign to get extra powers.

I honestly thought this went without saying. It's a no brainer that we will be examining both votes and treats on future days.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

BottleKnight posted:

The treat economy is rigged to favor the top 1%. We need to throw off our shackles and make the millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share of treats!

...Of course that exists.

On the subject of taking treats seriously, my last treat vote was in fact serious.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Derp is your read for towniest currently?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why derp?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Derp is your read for towniest currently?
Yep

It felt like his vote on me and reasoning for it came from a town perspective.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It felt like his vote on me and reasoning for it came from a town perspective.

how magnanimous of you

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
1 more hr til my amazing read.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello.
leatherman is your treat a ploy to get me to like you

cause its working ;)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how many of you nerds here are writing in bernie sandor

lol

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Fl trying to trick us don't let him control the game!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
anyway mr leather man didnt get mad at my case or try to throw shade at me at all which is.... ?

im not sure what i think about it yet, but it is unusual imo. is he a super thoughtful guy who is pro at seeing others' perspectives or he is scum trying way to hard to keep it cool and towny

have you all played with him before and is he like that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

derp posted:

how many of you nerds here are writing in bernie sandor

lol

Are you trying to trick us into getting Trump elected?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i mean, not like it was a good case or anything but im used to getting some kind of reaction from every case

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

derp posted:

anyway mr leather man didnt get mad at my case or try to throw shade at me at all which is.... ?

im not sure what i think about it yet, but it is unusual imo. is he a super thoughtful guy who is pro at seeing others' perspectives or he is scum trying way to hard to keep it cool and towny

I don't have a useful meta on FL. Not really sure.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Are you trying to trick us into getting Trump elected?

no i just know someone who did and it made me lol
seems like a really goony thing to do

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you had a case on leatherman? what

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ya it was:

his posts

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
For whatever reason I know a ton of people that are writing in Bernie, it is a little bit disturbing.

derp posted:

If it helps, we both played in Cpig's Drugs Mafia a few months back.

King Burgundy posted:

I don't have a useful meta on FL. Not really sure.

At first I thought this was weird then I realized that I've only played in two games with you ever and they were both some time ago.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

At first I thought this was weird then I realized that I've only played in two games with you ever and they were both some time ago.

Yeah, I don't even know if this is right, but I vaguely recall you as a lurker from what little I played with you. And that's all I got.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I don't even know if this is right, but I vaguely recall you as a lurker from what little I played with you. And that's all I got.

Accurate in Soldiers, not entirely inaccurate in Shine 2.

I've been trying to make more of an effort since I started playing games again.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
##vote Derp

When J get on my computer ill do quotes. Phone posting now. Just go back and look their artificial content posts goofy attention drawing "fun" posts and need to bring up scum lurkers before game even started. Derp js old school mafia and it shows. Cuz he's acting like old school scum.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm a huge idiot and have a gummy bunghole AMA

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##treat KB

He seems to be the most levelheaded right now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also to answer your question I suppose it's not inherently scummy to treat yourself/campaign for them, but I tend to find it suspicious when people try really hard to power themselves up

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Good morning, friends.

Hey, AA. Do you have any reads? Did you have time to catch up Monday night? I am asking because so far I have very little to go off of from your posting and I am getting quite curious. It's interesting to me that despite having little to say you stopped in to talk about your treat shortly after we started discussing the treat votes on me.

...See? Curious. Very curious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Good morning, friends.

Hey, AA. Do you have any reads? Did you have time to catch up Monday night? I am asking because so far I have very little to go off of from your posting and I am getting quite curious. It's interesting to me that despite having little to say you stopped in to talk about your treat shortly after we started discussing the treat votes on me.

...See? Curious. Very curious.

Sorry I haven't, in all honesty I shouldn't have signed up for all these games but I am going to stick it out and try not to lurk as much. Yesterday was my bday so I didn't do anything maf related after work.

I can see why it is curious though. I'm intrigued about the treat mechanic, but I do think it's a bad idea to try and case from treat allotments, I mean yes we should try to get treats for ourselves, but there also has to be a majority and I picked you for the simplest of all reasons as explained.

Play wise give me a few hours and I'll have some actual reads, things are slowing down at work and I'll have a chance to scrutinize.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Sorry I haven't, in all honesty I shouldn't have signed up for all these games but I am going to stick it out and try not to lurk as much. Yesterday was my bday so I didn't do anything maf related after work.

I can see why it is curious though. I'm intrigued about the treat mechanic, but I do think it's a bad idea to try and case from treat allotments, I mean yes we should try to get treats for ourselves, but there also has to be a majority and I picked you for the simplest of all reasons as explained.

Play wise give me a few hours and I'll have some actual reads, things are slowing down at work and I'll have a chance to scrutinize.

I doxxed u your birthday was last week lynch all liars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jimmy Hats posted:

I doxxed u your birthday was last week lynch all liars

Nah mang, my birthday was yesterday. November 1st. 28 years ago I was born unto this mortal plane of meat. The world has yet to slay me. Foolish mistake.

• Locked thread