Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

TFRazorsaw posted:

They're beautiful.

The upside down autobot symbol doesn't bother you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

considering that's a thing the Commandos had in the show, why would it?

The reverse G2 Autobot symbol is their thing, man.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, I had no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, I had no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah Takara didn't want to remold the launcher discs (which had the G2 Autobot symbol molded on them) that came with Laser Prime when they repainted him as Scourge, so Scourge's faction symbol became the G2 Autobot logo upside down. Whether this was inventive or the height of laziness is for you to decide. Hasbro seemed to come down on the side of the latter, since when he was released in the U.S. for RiD, he came with blank grey discs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

In RiD Scourge and his buddies were Autobot protoforms the Predacons got to first and corrupted into Decepticons, I always figured the Autobot symbol was supposed to be a result of that. Although I don't think Japan ever had G2 or their symbols, so I don't know how well that applies for the original Car Robots version.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm just bothered by the fact that it doesn't resemble the RiD Bruticus I had since I was a kid because apparently they changed the colors for the American release.

I guess a tan tank makes more sense than blue, but why would anyone want that yellow instead of a sensible dark grey?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Because that's what Ruination looks like.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Saw 4 Brainstorms at the Walgreens at Lawrence and Pulaski in Chicago today. Just putting it out there.

I know what my Secret Santa recipient is getting this year, is what I'm saying.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 31, 2016

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wife just gave me MP Ironhide she'd hidden away for Christmas because I took her out for a fancy dinner to duck trick or treaters, life is good and my Autobot collection just keeps growing.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wife just gave me MP Ironhide she'd hidden away for Christmas because I took her out for a fancy dinner to duck trick or treaters, life is good and my Autobot collection just keeps growing.
:krad: MP Ironhide is all kinds of awesome.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah I enjoy him, the way his chest comes together in transformation is real neat and it's super impressive how well he packs down into his alt mode.

I also dig how he actually has a platform to stick all his accessories on instead of having to put them somewhere inconvenient or stick them in the box in a cupboard where I'll never bother to get them out again. Especially the underside hiding place for the alternate face.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Make sure you reward her by talking with a southern drawl for the next few weeks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I did that for a few weeks when I was a little kid and my parents became genuinely concerned about me talking only out of one side of my mouth.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Make sure you reward her by talking with a southern drawl for the next few weeks.

I've been saying "ahrnhaid" for like 2 hours now.

I need to fix his shoulders because they looked off and it turns out they're backwards (which is a common fault apparently), but otherwise a solid toy.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Yeah the closest Walgreens to me didn't have Brainstorm yet. And even 18 bucks seems a bit high for Brow. Maybe.

But the local Wal Marts have Deluxe TMs for 10 bucks so now I can go deep into The Sweeps Lyfe

I probably don't need to open Generations Scourge because I now have 2 other ones. TM Scourge is kind of a pain to make everything perfectly flush in ship mode plus no place for his big gun to go that doesn't look ridiculous. (Also protip: Do not attempt to turn into robot with pilot still in cockpit.) It kind of amazes me how each of my Scourges does the same basic concept differently. Yet somehow the Generations seems to be the best looking robot. And MSRP on TM Scourge is the same as Titanium IIRC. (15 bucks. I remember opening that one up watching the US broadcasting of that David Tennant Doctor Who episode with Martha and the evil TV sets with the Olympics. Or was it the episode with the monster dad drawings? One of those. Goddamn time flies.)

TM Scourge and Blurr seem to be the shelf warmers of the line. Being effectively mono colored is probably why. Even ONE more major color would improve Scourge. Blurr needs to be baby blue and a darker blue and not this dark teal thing.

EDIT: Y'all convinced me plus he is cheap on eBay so now they are a trio. I have a new picture to take tomorrow I think... A shame the directions eat so much rear end though. I basically had to guess and look at the card for the most part. And butt clench when the QC made a few bits hairy...

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 1, 2016

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That Generations Scourge is one of my faves. I have 2 of them and the Takara Ratbat repaint, which also kicks serious rear end. Two nitpicks: (1) Sliding the chest can be annoying and harder than it needs to be and (2) getting the landing gear out from under the thruster or whatever is almost impossible on 2 out of my 3.

But yeah, double weapon storage, slick in both modes, one of the best Generations 'updates' out there.

I think I'm going with Takara for TM Blurr and Scourge, specifically for more paint as you mentioned.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Gen Scourge is seriously good and you'd be depriving yourself by leaving him in package.

E: He's got bloody red claws for fingers. Which is almost as cool as the bloody tusks on Universe Nemesis Prime.

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 1, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

TheDK posted:

I think I'm going with Takara for TM Blurr and Scourge, specifically for more paint as you mentioned.

Takara Blurr is one of my favorite Transformers in my collection. The baby blue and dark blue just make him pop on my shelf. So glad I preordered it, as I'm sure it is really hard to come by now.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The upside-down G2 Autobot emblem just looks like worried Goldbug

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Titanium Scourge looks like a god damned robot Teletubby.
I am waiting patiently for the Platinum Cyclonus/Sweeps set on tru.ca to go on sale. I got the Platinum coneheads for $40 but realize now that was from walmart.ca (which, last I checked, they're $40 again) so now I'm not 100% confident it's gonna happen. I check pretty frequently but if any Canucks here happen to notice them go on sale, make sure to holler in here.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

The MSJ posted:

Optibotimus has a review of MP Primal up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVCVNrO6KFE

So I didn't know that he had a peg you can flip up on his back so Rattrap can perch there just like the show an that's awesome.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Can anyone fill me in on what's happening with MP Thrust? October has come and gone but mine hasn't been shipped yet.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

Can anyone fill me in on what's happening with MP Thrust? October has come and gone but mine hasn't been shipped yet.

Who'd you order from? I got mine at BBTS and it's been sitting in my PoL for like a week

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

catch22 posted:

Who'd you order from? I got mine at BBTS and it's been sitting in my PoL for like a week

From TTmall

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

catch22 posted:

Same here.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I'm not normally one for gimmicks, but I'll be damned if this guy isn't just the cutest:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
MUNKY

edit: oops, forgot to transform his shin all the way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Joe Fisto posted:

MUNKY

edit: oops, forgot to transform his shin all the way.

rad.

but you need to fix that shin and post a new photo. :colbert:

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Also if you have any of the deluxe beastwars guys you should put them in next to him for scale.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He can ride Voyager Rhinox and Deluxe Rattrap plugs into his back. I'm starting to think about picking him up if he goes on sale at HLJ. And then I've pretty much got to get Cheetor too...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I dunno if anyone has picked it up, but the Transformers Revolution one-shot, aka Thundercracker And Buster Save The World is absolutely loving bugnut crazy and hilarious. Thundercracker may well be my favourite character in the IDW-verse that's not Megatron, especially when trying to write a screenplay in the middle of a battle while also talking to Optimus

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
lovely early morning group shot

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I recently got a windfall of more than MP Primal's cost.
I ended up not needing to spend money on a project of sorts.

I am incredibly tempted, and don't even know if 100 euro is a good price or not. :signings:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I dunno if anyone has picked it up, but the Transformers Revolution one-shot, aka Thundercracker And Buster Save The World is absolutely loving bugnut crazy and hilarious. Thundercracker may well be my favourite character in the IDW-verse that's not Megatron, especially when trying to write a screenplay in the middle of a battle while also talking to Optimus

I did, I also like his eventual realization that the reason he couldn't write is he wasn't a writer, he was a Seeker, and he needed to seek.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
If any Canadagoons care, TRU.ca is selling CW torsos for $10, incl. White Optimus at least at the time of this post. Scattershot, Sky Lynx, and Onslaught are already sold out so... yeah, I guess if you wanted a White Optimus? I was gonna get one but shipping's another tenbux and there wasn't anything else I wanted on sale because somebody up there doesn't want me to have that goddamn Platinum set.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Ballroom Blitz was exactly the right thing to be listening to reading this.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Diet Poison posted:

If any Canadagoons care, TRU.ca is selling CW torsos for $10, incl. White Optimus at least at the time of this post. Scattershot, Sky Lynx, and Onslaught are already sold out so... yeah, I guess if you wanted a White Optimus? I was gonna get one but shipping's another tenbux and there wasn't anything else I wanted on sale because somebody up there doesn't want me to have that goddamn Platinum set.
Most of them were never in stock. People were guessing they'd add Sky Lynx when the sale starts in earnest, guess they jumped the gun online. Maybe not since White Optimus was added seemingly at random during the week.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Has Weirdwolf ever been portrayed as a Shakespearean Ack Tor? (Or Fangry? Maybe I'm conflating him with BW Silverbolt.) Somehow I got it into my head that he had been, and I had this moment of "Oh neat, all the original Decepticon Headmasters have been Stage Artists". Because, y'know, Mindwipe's always been a stage hypnotist, and Skullcruncher is recently a stand-up comedian.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Well he is a headmaster so there's room for some good Hamlet goofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

I found a Chromia yesterday. I like her a lot better, now that I figured out her torso crunch deal. That poo poo was stuck real good til I took off her limbs and head, and fiddled with it some.

Comic shop I found her at had a plain-Generations dark green/yellow truck or construction type equipment guy that I totally forgot his name. Which would make it easier to ask if he was any good.