Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

A'm aye pumpin' blootert lad

i thought u mighta died lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/793883429922336769

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Weiner has checked into a Cybersex addiction rehabilitation center.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Uh guys.

Guys

https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/793880513018785792

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Man Musk posted:

The Iowa cop killer turned out to be a lone white male who was mad he couldn't wave the Confederate flag at high school sporting events: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37845679

Did you know about the black-on-black murder rate though? Also that is related to these two officers deaths because

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That DICK! posted:

It also totally flies in the face of why people liked 538 in the first place

It's hard to believe but four years ago 538's supreme confidence in Obama's chances despite some very tight polling gave liberals a lot of hope and made Silver look like a genius when he called 50/50 states correctly, detecting some last-minute movement toward Obama in Florida that even PEC missed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yang Wen-Li

On the other hand, democracy is a roundabout thing. And people who are disenchanted with such roundabout-ness will always say: “Let’s give power to a great politician and have him spearhead revolutionary changes.” I wonder if the masses have always wanted an autocrat. And they might just be getting the ideal autocratic ruler right now. Compared to that brilliant golden idol, democracy is nothing but a faded bronze idol. No, no! Julian, we’re soldiers. And republican democratic structure is often born from the muzzle of guns. But the military, despite engendering democracy, should never boast of its accomplishment. And it’s not an unfair thing! Because the gist of democracy lies in control by the people, who have the power. Democracy institutionalizes the control of the power-holders by law and structure. And the military needs this control the most. They fight for the political structure that fundamentally denies them. The military of a democracy must accept that contradictory structure. The only things the military can demand from its government are a retirement pension and paid leave; that’s about it. In other words, the rights of the workers–they cannot demand for more than that.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why is everyone so loving determined to panic at winning in an unprecedented landslide jesus

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

No, we should listen to the concerns of the old white people who want to burn the planet down as they face the grim inevitability of their own mortality.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
"cybersex addiction rehabilitation center" is a concept that exists.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

If 538 splinters after ESPN sells them, I think I'm going to follow whatever camp Harry Enten fucks off to for 2020. Nate lost his mojo.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

B-b-b-ut emails!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That map is a 308 EV Hillary win

Nate is a mass

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

TARDISman posted:

Char Aznable would vote for the giant flaming meteor.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Tayter Swift posted:

"cybersex addiction rehabilitation center" is a concept that exists.

but u already knew that HEEEYYOOOO

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Venom Snake posted:

all full for now :(

it's ok

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

"gently caress you nate"
- blue jays fans everywhere (me)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The Anthony Weiner Rehabilitatiom Centre for Addiction to Cybersex

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

that is Mr. Vagina who has no relation to char

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit2: It also does put a drain on your ambition and will to do stuff, but I was already like that anyway.

I used to think that, but I just ran 3100 miles a year for the past three years while smoking weed the whole time so...:shrug:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Want to see that in the form of a Hillary email, please

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

What kind of idiot has NC red right now?

Shook Nate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thats a hell of a thread title

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit2: It also does put a drain on your ambition and will to do stuff, but I was already like that anyway.

Some of us dont't require artificial means to be lazy and without ambition :colbert:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

in all reality this probably has nothing to do with comey

he just can't stop it from happening because half the bureau is trying to ceasar him

i have a feeling that its not so much as trying but it will be successful

god i cant believe it

anyone who tries to touch clinton or rebuke donald are losing their jobs and career over it

am i still dreaming i wonder

its such a massive shake up everywhere and so quickly so i suppose this is the pragmatic accelerationism we're getting~

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

exquisite tea posted:

It's hard to believe but four years ago 538's supreme confidence in Obama's chances despite some very tight polling gave liberals a lot of hope and made Silver look like a genius when he called 50/50 states correctly, detecting some last-minute movement toward Obama in Florida that even PEC missed.

his problem was flying too close to the sun!!

went for fame and attention while wang is just steady doing his thang, unshook

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone email this to the Clinton campaign with the important parts highlighted, maybe it'll actually get coverage.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

Yang Wen-Li

On the other hand, democracy is a roundabout thing. And people who are disenchanted with such roundabout-ness will always say: “Let’s give power to a great politician and have him spearhead revolutionary changes.” I wonder if the masses have always wanted an autocrat. And they might just be getting the ideal autocratic ruler right now. Compared to that brilliant golden idol, democracy is nothing but a faded bronze idol. No, no! Julian, we’re soldiers. And republican democratic structure is often born from the muzzle of guns. But the military, despite engendering democracy, should never boast of its accomplishment. And it’s not an unfair thing! Because the gist of democracy lies in control by the people, who have the power. Democracy institutionalizes the control of the power-holders by law and structure. And the military needs this control the most. They fight for the political structure that fundamentally denies them. The military of a democracy must accept that contradictory structure. The only things the military can demand from its government are a retirement pension and paid leave; that’s about it. In other words, the rights of the workers–they cannot demand for more than that.

now do reinhard von lohengramm.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

at leadt shookie will habe killed punditry AND polking before he fadew into the ether

2024, pure demograpgic analysis backed by fewet polls just to edtablish trends

(2020, ttansitional)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Yang Wen-Li

nice chin rear end in a top hat

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

myfavorite anime characted is baloogan and if he were real he woiuld vote for death metwor

Yang Wen-Li

“For Kaiser Reinhard, there’s the shortest path to peace and unification, and for us, there’s the long road that leads towards righteous democracy. When both paths cross in the war of bloodshed, if something called God actually exists, I wonder which side He will affirm.”

“People follow people, but not necessarily ideals or institutions. Then I wonder if Julian, in the end, is fighting for me. But that’s not the way it should be. His reason for fighting shouldn’t be loyalty to one individual, but rather to the ideal and institution of democracy.”

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Char Aznable is Anthony Weiner. A brilliant and ambitious man brought low by his inability to keep it in his pants for teenage girls.

Mr. Quattro Vagina is merely his Carlos Danger pseudonym.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/793884434600693760
Nate is so loving shook

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
had to unshake a bunch of coworkers in NC today

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

showbiz_liz posted:

I'm currently on a self-imposed weed break because I'm depressed and was smoking every night after work to self-medicate and then failing to, like, do dishes and laundry or look for new jobs or make plans with friends. I'm looking forward to getting un-depressed and going back to having a good relationship with weed because it really does own and is way better than getting drunk

I had that and powered through it and willed myself back into that stuff but now I'm off for other reasons. Try changing strains when you're back on and actually trying to do those things faded if possible, sometimes it's like.....oh wait I do still want to do these things and I thought I couldn't because I was smokin. Like, I had a loooooong time where I thought I didn't want to leave the house but then one day I did and tried doing some stuff while just a little faded and I was like oh wait this is not bad at all, I'm just a scaredy cat when I smoke a ton.

Or not idk

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

that reminds me u wanted a roundup of those paintings i made when high af

(it basically is the concept art for the trump dr point n click game)

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Realize that Nate's model arbitrarily assigns percent chances to how far ahead a candidate is.

His model is just sort of dumb. 70% isn't 70%. It means that "We think Clinton is about 3-4 points ahead nationally"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's almost like his model was fine but constantly loving with it has made it a total mess

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

ugh fire 538 into the sun

legitimately i hope harry spins off, keeps up the pollster ratings and stuff with a more simplified model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/793884475675607040
:kheldragar:

• Locked thread