Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Spiderdrake posted:

If you can find someone to play it with, is chaotix at all good or just horrendous? I've always been curious

It's middling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

If you can find someone to play it with, is chaotix at all good or just horrendous? I've always been curious

Growing up my brother and I liked it, but we liked switching off playing as Sonic/Tails at every zone in Sonic 2/3+K more. :shrug:

Also last time he came to visit, we played some S3+K together for old time's sake and he still had me beat the special stages for him. :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I hope everyone on the thread picked up Sonic Megadrive Next Level today

:allears:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Spiderdrake posted:

It's boring on your own and I imagine it sucks with another person because you'd just grief each other the entire time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's boring on your own and I imagine it sucks with another person because you'd just grief each other the entire time.

Griefing implies that you aren't trying to help but the goddamn fuckin get in position I swear to god you're just loving with me now game has issues in co-op.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
I enjoyed playing Knuckles' Chaotix with my friend. Yeah you end up griefing each other but isn't that kind of expected with a game titled 'Chaotix'?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

The biggest problem with Knuckles Chaotix is the random level selector picking Amazing Arena again, dammit game, let me get started on Techno Tower already.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Everything looks so goofy and it's wonderful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Paul.Power posted:

The biggest problem with Knuckles Chaotix is the random level selector picking Amazing Arena again, dammit game, let me get started on Techno Tower already.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, something I've noticed: Sonic has faced world-rending abominations in each of the classical elements except one. We have Chaos for water, Iblis for fire, and Gaia for earth. Where's my crazy out-of-control wind god, SEGA?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Eggman's the wind themed villian...

Cause he's full of hot air or something.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sonic himself is the 4th elemental, as foretold in this ancient ballad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYuyguAE3o

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sonic's element is Heroes is wind.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have a full timeline for Sonic and I am not ashamed of that in the slightest.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I saw previews on Facebook and I am in love. This is amazing.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sonic himself is the 4th elemental, as foretold in this ancient ballad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExYuyguAE3o

Dabir posted:

Sonic's element is Heroes is wind.

That's... interesting. And it makes a weird amount of sense. Like I could see an overarching plot where back in the day, there were four gods who were always fighting or some poo poo, and for whatever reason, the other three got tired of the wind god's poo poo and killed him, but as he was dying, he was like "Like you could actually kill me. LOL NOPE, I'm just gonna come back in another form and keep loving your poo poo up forever. Later, losers! :boom:" And a few hundred years later, A Hedgehog Was Born... *buttrock guitar riffs playing in the distance*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You could but we'd be wondering what the gently caress was wrong with you.

Hypothetically.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
Plus Sega seems to be absolutely against anything that could hint at a background/past for Sonic. He just exists, and that's all. Probably for the best, tbh. The comics tried to do weird past poo poo like that and it doesn't turn out well.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Spergatory posted:

So, something I've noticed: Sonic has faced world-rending abominations in each of the classical elements except one. We have Chaos for water, Iblis for fire, and Gaia for earth. Where's my crazy out-of-control wind god, SEGA?

Not for nothing, but Iblis is more literally the devil than a fire elemental.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Sailor Dave posted:

Plus Sega seems to be absolutely against anything that could hint at a background/past for Sonic. He just exists, and that's all. Probably for the best, tbh. The comics tried to do weird past poo poo like that and it doesn't turn out well.

Yeah, the Adventure games get a lot of, well deserved, poo poo for there baffling attempts to give the series something of serious edge or what ever the hell they were trying to do. But at the end of Adventure 2, where the 'super mysterious Shadow' with his 'deep tormented history' asks Sonic who the hell he is and just gets a response which is basically, I'm just a guy who loves being an 90's platform hero, stop over thinking it, was one of the things that they didn't completely mess up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/794221232992333825
:haw:

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I used to read sonic sprite comics in the early 2000s when I was a kid who just got the internet, and seeing one of the guys I used to read (Tyson "Rittz" Hesse) actually drawing official sonic comics 15 years later is great. :allears:

I think I still have some of his customized sprite sheets buried somewhere in my hard drive archives.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlrWipe1L7c
25 hour 25th anniversary Sonic stream with the guy that runs the twitter this weekend from 8am to 8am. :)

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 3, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Zonekeeper posted:

I used to read sonic sprite comics in the early 2000s when I was a kid who just got the internet, and seeing one of the guys I used to read (Tyson "Rittz" Hesse) actually drawing official sonic comics 15 years later is great. :allears:

Same. When I was 11/12 Sonic Argh or whatever his comic was called was extremely my poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Anyone ever thought about how much time Sonic spends saving and protecting tiny little woodland animals from abuse rendered by Dr. Robotnik but Sonic's favorite food are chilly dogs?

Hey everyone I've spent the last few days trying to find out the answer to this question and I tracked down the Sonic twitter guy on the currently running the Sonic Extra Life 24 hour stream. I poised the question to him and he kindly answered this question for us at long last.

Every chili dog in the sonic universe is a vegan chili dog :tipshat:

They're still playing Sonic Adventure 2.
https://www.twitch.tv/sonicofficial

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/794938834215518208

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been replaying Sonic Adventure 2 myself, and I'm enjoying it much more the second time around. I wish people were trying to make Adventure-style fan engines that had a slicker, less janky feel than the original rather than Giant Expansive Field Zone.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
You want Sonic World then. It's a love letter to 3d Sonic games from SA1 to Sonic 2006 with all the homing attack chains and excessive action buttons one could need.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Sailor Dave posted:

I like the idea that Sonkc just exists. His powers don't have an origin story, he's just fast because he's just that way. He doesn't have a traumatic backstory driving him, that's just how he is. He's basically a free roaming wind deity/force of nature/idiot god and that's cool and he wouldn't care if it wasn't cool cause Aonic is merely wholly himself and comfortable with who he is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I like the idea that Sonkc just exists. His powers don't have an origin story, he's just fast because he's just that way. He doesn't have a traumatic backstory driving him, that's just how he is. He's basically a free roaming wind deity/force of nature/idiot god and that's cool and he wouldn't care if it wasn't cool cause Aonic is merely wholly himself and comfortable with who he is.

Lore is lame.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lore for Robotnik is fine, but yeah lore for Sonic who cares. Sonic is about the flow.

Speaking of which anyone else watch some of that stream? I managed to catch Webber playing a good chunk of mirage saloon, he lost it when Knuckles chuckled and it's pretty infectious how good that game looks.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zonekeeper posted:

I think I still have some of his customized sprite sheets buried somewhere in my hard drive archives.

When I was 14 I used to make super edge lord Sonic Sprite Comics. It was embarrassing as poo poo. :allears:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
sonic is a fast lad. that's his backstory

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey everyone I've spent the last few days trying to find out the answer to this question and I tracked down the Sonic twitter guy on the currently running the Sonic Extra Life 24 hour stream. I poised the question to him and he kindly answered this question for us at long last.

They're still playing Sonic Adventure 2.
https://www.twitch.tv/sonicofficial

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/794938834215518208

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqrxL_nbbDA

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

beep by grandpa posted:

1990's Sega rebel Sonic is way past veganism. :colbert:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Sonic only saves animals from robots so he can eat them.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

This owns, all the current Sonic voice cast are cool people

I felt weird about Roger Craig Smith for about 30 minutes in Sonic Colours and then never again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh my god.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Sonic only saves animals from robots so he can eat them.

This is canon

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

No it's NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Amppelix posted:

This owns, all the current Sonic voice cast are cool people

I felt weird about Roger Craig Smith for about 30 minutes in Sonic Colours and then never again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSWBfTZC5t8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Can anyone make a better version of this, I'm not good at gifs

webm if you want: https://webmshare.com/play/9MB4r

Taken from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nd55RBwFxc&t=690s