Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm dating someone now but she's taking a 10 day work trip that begins the exact day this comes out. It's like she gets me.

my GF has like 15000 hours logged in Splatoon and plays more games than me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Troutz posted:

I can't believe I JUST discovered there was a new thread.

Are we all in agreement that the new COD is MWR and the other one is a tech demo for Blops 4?

MWR is bait to see who's a loving idiot still interested in playing a bad decade old multiplayer game.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MWR is bait to see who's a loving idiot still interested in playing a bad decade old multiplayer game.

So I can expect to see you online tonight at midnight, then? :v:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Will MWR manage a higher multiplayer count than the base game at some point?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Carecat posted:

Will MWR manage a higher multiplayer count than the base game at some point?

I think it will have a higher population than IW will.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I bought the digital deluxe edition because I am bad with money and I couldn't resist not having the bonus salvage/keys and the season pass daily login bonus. MWR is grandpa CoD.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Can you preload this sumbitch on PS4?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SubponticatePoster posted:

Can you preload this sumbitch on PS4?

You loving know it. I'm ready to play tomorrow night because I have a job

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Yeah I just bought it this morning and you can download it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Javes posted:

I bought the digital deluxe edition because I am bad with money and I couldn't resist not having the bonus salvage/keys and the season pass daily login bonus. MWR is grandpa CoD.

You should become so bad with money that you play Titanfall 2 with us on the bone.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Wasn't it ChaCha that thought I was a sassy redhead?

Yes, and no amount of anything with change that mental picture of you.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

Yeah I just bought it this morning and you can download it.
OK I'll get on and download the fucker. I work until 5 tomorrow and will have to pick up a friend at the airport at 7 but I can play a bit in between and afterwards.

housefly posted:

Yes, and no amount of anything with change that mental picture of you.
I tried being a redhead once. It didn't work, I looked like I had jaundice.

e: where do you find the download? All it does is says I bought it.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 3, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I imagine everyone to be a sassy redhead except Macy's who is just generic Canadian.

SA lets you upload a profile photo which I haven't updated in a decade but aside from life wearing down whatever optimism I had left I'm still the same.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

In non-imagining-people-as-redheads news, my copy shipped. I'll be plunking that fucker in the second I get it and downloading MWR. Can't wait for the servers to poo poo the bed on day one as has been the annual tradition.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
wait, MWR isn't on the disc? hahahahahahahahaha

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

wait, MWR isn't on the disc? hahahahahahahahaha

Are you loving kidding me

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
One of the few good reasons to buy this bitch digital - MWR is already playable with SP. Also they probably did it digital only so they can sell it as a code later without having to print discs.

No really, where do I find the loving download for IW?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One of the few good reasons to buy this bitch digital - MWR is already playable with SP. Also they probably did it digital only so they can sell it as a code later without having to print discs.

No really, where do I find the loving download for IW?

Check your library? I had the beta downloaded (and MWR) and IW just added and downloaded itself at some point this week.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
From what I was reading for PS4 MWR is not on the disc and there's a digital code for it in the box. For Xbox One MWR is on the disc.

(Score one for Xbox)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Check your library? I had the beta downloaded (and MWR) and IW just added and downloaded itself at some point this week.

Check your Purchased Library thingy (thing on the FAR right). Got mine preloaded and will probably avoid MP since I loving DOUBT the servers are gonna be good enough to play on Day 1.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I did, it ain't there :saddowns:

e:

widespread posted:

Check your Purchased Library thingy (thing on the FAR right). Got mine preloaded and will probably avoid MP since I loving DOUBT the servers are gonna be good enough to play on Day 1.
Ah, it was in purchased. Thanks!

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 3, 2016

Dr. Van Nostrum
Sep 14, 2007
Some please tell me the rumour of half time being in Domination in MWR is some kind of sick joke.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have absolutely no interest in CoD multiplayer, but the SP looks awesome. Is the SP for MWR worth the extra $20 for the digital legacy edition?

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have absolutely no interest in CoD multiplayer, but the SP looks awesome. Is the SP for MWR worth the extra $20 for the digital legacy edition?

Well they kept all the cheats you get from intels and arcade mode, and it really is a much better looking cod4 (especially at night). I'd say yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Van Nostrum posted:

Some please tell me the rumour of half time being in Domination in MWR is some kind of sick joke.

Welcome to the old COD. Same as the new COD.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Picking this up for PS4, but I need PS4 friends to play with. Add me, djcobol.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The PC version of this particular COD is going to be even more fractured and anemic. Anyone who buys IW/MWR off the Microsoft Store will be limited to only playing with other users who bought it off the Microsoft Store. Hopefully the five or six people who actually buy games off that enjoy each other's company!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

(and I love cod4)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I had this same thing happen on Xbox One but as I went to play them it reverted and apparently neither game was on my HDD so now I'm downloading both.

Great job, IW!

e: They need "updates" of 51gb and 45gb for IW and MWR respectively. I thought I'd used that data last month, but noooope just gonna take a 100gb hit on my data on November loving 3rd. :mad:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
day 0 patches in excess of 15 gigs are a pain in the rear end for me just based on the wait to download, i couldn't imagine having a cap on my bandwidth and having to deal with that poo poo

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
The third supply drop exclusive epic is a shotgun that makes people explode when you get a melee kill, and the rares and legendaries are nothing to get jealous over.

However, the reward for maxing out your social link with Team Skull is a sniper rifle with a free suppressor that doesn't decrease its range.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
One of ya'll better be streaming this poo poo. :colbert:

LackinPants!
Mar 25, 2007
He actually isn't
Wasn't sure if anyone had tried this yet.

I picked up the the $80 version on the assumption of the Xbone store page mentioning four player local play for MWR.
Wanted to see if it did so before passing out tonight, but from all I can see it's just two players (with no guest option) per console with the option to network for more.

Has anyone been able to set up a 3/4 player game? I assume it's out completely for IW, which is fine, but the info for MWR specifically stated otherwise. I could be thick and missed something in the menus, otherwise that's some real mealy mouthed wording on the storefront.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There's a Hotdog remix map

We're calling it Corndog

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I thought I'd preloaded, when I checked the data it said I had 50 something gigs but when I went to play, nope, gently caress you gotta download another 20 before you can play. So I booted up MWR and played that for a bit but was having the same old problem of mag dumping somebody at point blank and not getting hitmarkers. So gently caress it I'm going to bed :mad:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Meet the new CoD.

Same as the old one.

Every single one of my first matches in any CoD is always a loving stomp, that IW match was a spawn trap to, enemy uav, enemy uav, enemy uav, enemy warden, enemy scorchers, enemy uav for like 2 loving minutes straight, same poo poo happened to me in the beta, I can't tell if I'm just unlucky or what.

CoD4 at least went well the rest of the night, had some good matches with the glory of M16 stopping power, got a nice 19 streak in ambush like the good old days.

Its funny, I tried to find multiple matches in IW and it would close the lobby or reject the connection, that stomp was the only one that went through, should have taken it as a sign.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Good news, making sacrifices to the Well God still assures victory.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
First match and a little girl was yelling human being because he lost. Call of Duty never fails. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait, you mean to tell me that the servers are actually pretty stable? Well poo poo, guess I should hop away from the zombies a bit... except for the fact I'm getting what I believe is the MP stuff without touching the MP.

The gently caress, Neo IW.

Maybe I'll check out MWR soonish.

• Locked thread