Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CapitalistPig posted:

comparatively speaking based on the activity level of this game.

I'd be willing to back off if something better presented itself. I too usually get labelled as behaving like scum so I understand that, but my gut feeling and judgment based upon your play this game is genuine.

I am not above admitting that I could be wrong, but the vote feels right to me and I hope you understand that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will say that the swift wind of support behind the vote does make me second guess myself though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I will say that the swift wind of support behind the vote does make me second guess myself though.

Honestly I understand your reasoning and agree that I look like the best thing going currently, so tbh I feel like townie vibes from you

Somberbrero posted:

in my experience when pig plays into his own meta like this he's scum. he's actually a really smart and intuitive player with a great sense of the social game.

##vote pig

I can also see town somber feeling this way because he (mistakenly) believes this.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol you tried this on me ya mook.

##vote cpig

Even though jhats is an idiot for using this logic, I can even see this vote.

The vote that is terrible on me though

Infinitum posted:

##vote cpig

Infinitum posted:

14 hours until lynch.

Imma go to bed and hopefully CPig will already be lynched when I wake up

is this crap.

##vote inf

every other vote on me at least tried to have a reason.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
CPig using the same 'you're all idiots and bad players!' defense that he used when i sussed out he was roadhog.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jimmy Hats posted:

CPig using the same 'you're all idiots and bad players!' defense that he used when i sussed out he was roadhog.

you mean when you were wrong about me being roadhog?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*bats at ball of yarn, then chews a length of the tangled thread before rubbing against the leg of the coffee table*

I'll weigh my options. ##unvote

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jimmy Hats posted:

also I call everyone idiots in almost every single mafia game, it is kind of my thing.

If there is no other meta I have it is that I call people idiots.

It's almost a catchphrase at this point.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CapitalistPig posted:

you mean when you were wrong about me being roadhog?

I don't remember that part. Are you sure..?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jimmy Hats posted:

I don't remember that part. Are you sure..?

You remember drat well.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (3): Anomalous Amalgam, Somberbrero, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats, Anomalous Amalgam
Jimmy Hats (2): Somberbrero, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig
derp (1): Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum
Tired Moritz (1): this is a stickup
Infinitum (1): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, CapitalistPig
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Flying Leatherman
BottleKnight (0): King Burgundy, Jimmy Hats, Infinitum, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats
JimsonTheBetrayer (0): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig
this is a stickup (0): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, BottleKnight, derp, Tired Moritz

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 5 minutes.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
This hellweek of work has finally almost ended, I'm going to reread right now and try to post a thing before passing out. I should be able to phonepost around the deadline.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CapitalistPig posted:

You remember drat well.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jimmy Hats posted:

We don't even know what treats do. However i will say that i am 99.99 percent sure that if you treat me i'll be able to use more than one of my powers tonight cuz uh that seems like a thing a cool game host would do.

Anyways i will follow up and say that my joats are watcher, follower, tracker, voyeur.

Jimmy doesn't feel super towny to me, but I don't really want to vote jimmy just in case this is true. def not giving you a treat without proof though cause you're a pretty shifty cat!!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Oh also everyone post your character's name i have a theory

im jimmy :haw:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

seems a little too self-conscious imo

I missed this skimming before, but this was also a response to leather saying I was playing both sides of the D1 argument. What I was trying to express was: though I agree that D1 content can be hit or VERY miss in my experience, I didn't vote because I didn't agree with turboing anyone D1 (jimmy was at -3).

looking back it reads real dumb as an individual post but I was trying to be active as best I could while rushing through an unusually busy week vOv failed pretty hard though

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Why game the mod about treats. I think using it as a utility to scum hunt is kind of bunk, or rather will prove to be bunk.

Can you expand on why treats wouldn't work well hunting scum? Looking back over inf's posts, what he's saying makes a lot of sense, I just don't think the previous treat votes are/will be an issue. or I, at least, was mostly just loving around anyway.

King Burgundy posted:

Uh, there is no way that Asiina didn't already intend for us to do that.

If we don't treat(hehe) them seriously, then that gives scum free reign to get extra powers.

I agree with this. Adding in a separate vote-like mechanic is way too game changing for this not to be a factor in Asiina's mind. I guess I can see why you'd say it would be a bunk method of actually finding scum, but it almost certainly will be a factor. I kind of like the idea inf presented about trying to give everyone one treat. We'd have to all be in agreement(we wouldn't be) and it still may not be a good idea(it isn't), but I could see there being a neat mechanic for a situation like that.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

When J get on my computer ill do quotes. Phone posting now. Just go back and look their artificial content posts goofy attention drawing "fun" posts and need to bring up scum lurkers before game even started. Derp js old school mafia and it shows. Cuz he's acting like old school scum.

looked at derp specifically again, but right now I'm still not leaning strongly either way. Until recently the last time I played mafia was 4-5 years ago but nothing really is giving me overtly bad vibes yet.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
##vote stickup

this is a stickup posted:

while rushing through an unusually busy week vOv failed pretty hard though

It's thursday the work week ain't over lynch all liars

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Can you expand on why treats wouldn't work well hunting scum? Looking back over inf's posts, what he's saying makes a lot of sense, I just don't think the previous treat votes are/will be an issue. or I, at least, was mostly just loving around anyway.

I agree with this. Adding in a separate vote-like mechanic is way too game changing for this not to be a factor in Asiina's mind. I guess I can see why you'd say it would be a bunk method of actually finding scum, but it almost certainly will be a factor. I kind of like the idea inf presented about trying to give everyone one treat. We'd have to all be in agreement(we wouldn't be) and it still may not be a good idea(it isn't), but I could see there being a neat mechanic for a situation like that.

I think that operating as if we know how the treats work is a bad idea is all. I should specify that trying to infer motive from treats right now is probably a bad idea and that scum can use this added mechanic to look like they are contributing when they aren't and are instead mitigating heat that would build on them, in fact yeah... I think I see what pig is getting at with infinitum and your post reaffirms the notion I'm trying to express.

Inf used mechanic discussion to appear active then made a noncommittal me too vote.

That's the scummiest behavior ITT so far.

##vote infinitum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

The vote that is terrible on me though is this crap.

##vote inf

every other vote on me at least tried to have a reason.

Inf used mechanic discussion to appear active then made a noncommittal me too vote.

That's the scummiest behavior ITT so far.

##vote infinitum

Agreed, as inf doesn't seem to normally make votes like this. Inf's only real contribution to the game other than joke posts was the treat discussion. He makes interesting points but I'm not sure that any of what inf is thinking will happen the way he's thinking it. It feels a little OMGUSy on cpig's part but you're right, this is probably the scummiest thing in the thread ##vote infinitum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not really feeling Inf. Pig is acting vote worthy.

My gut's telling me it's Jimmy though and I trust my gut above all else

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
time to for me to sleep, ##treat stickup because im the BEST

Retro Futurist posted:

Not really feeling Inf. Pig is acting vote worthy.

My gut's telling me it's Jimmy though and I trust my gut above all else

I would vote for jimmy to avoid a nolynch but that role is super important for us to keep alive if it's real

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It's real bitchesssss

Also my name is professor fluffybutt which is terrible

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My name is bubbles

*pads at mirror repeatedly*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Treat Vote

King Burgundy (2) - King Burgundy, Retro Futurist
Capitalist Pig (1) - Capitalist Pig
Jimmy Hats (1) - Tired Moritz
derp (1) - Flying Leatherman
this is a stickup (1) - this is a stickup

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm really not seeing Inf so far.

I still really like Jimmy for scum. I guess I'd consider Pig. And I sorta kinda could see AA.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would vote for jimmy to avoid a nolynch but that role is super important for us to keep alive if it's real

Eh. That's IF it's real, IF it's real AND he's town, and IF it's real AND he's town AND he uses them smartly

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hey whatever happened to my friend burger king

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
also, pig man sure is FLAILING after just a few tiny little baby votes on his poor little head

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

derp posted:

hey whatever happened to my friend burger king

He's dead fred

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh. That's IF it's real, IF it's real AND he's town, and IF it's real AND he's town AND he uses them smartly

Yeah, but thinking about it more, I really would like to see what comes of his claimed ability.

I'll switch to Pig for now.

##vote Pig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Didn't you promise a case or something?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

I'm really not seeing Inf so far.

I still really like Jimmy for scum. I guess I'd consider Pig. And I sorta kinda could see AA.

who's this wishy-washy kb? i don't recognize him.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

There is a lot of nothing so far this game. No one has said anything contradictory yet that I can see. And I don't have an amazing lie detector result or the like to lean on yet like in some other recent games. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

For the record, my read on Jimmy isn't wishy washy though. He seems legit scummy.

Just not sure I want to risk losing his power if he's town.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i would like to kill the red king

##vote burgandy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

derp posted:

##vote burgandy

this game is quiet enough without killing off a high volume poster, no thanks.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

derp posted:

##vote burgandy

I also would like to kill the poor spelling of the color burgundy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

derp posted:

##vote burgandy

But seriously, reasons?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

There is a lot of nothing so far this game. No one has said anything contradictory yet that I can see. And I don't have an amazing lie detector result or the like to lean on yet like in some other recent games. :)

King Burgundy posted:

For the record, my read on Jimmy isn't wishy washy though. He seems legit scummy.

Just not sure I want to risk losing his power if he's town.

i hate these posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

this game is quiet enough without killing off a high volume poster, no thanks.

lol, i'd kill this guy too

• Locked thread