Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

derp posted:

i hate these posts

Ok, that works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Reread Tired. He also seems like a good candidate.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

The good point is that people are super generous in giving their treats to FL without him clearing himself and that's odd.

this is a funny post. what do you think fl could do to 'clear himself' ?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I don't think we should vote JHats, after reflecting a bit - like a couple other people have said, if that's his role, and if he's town, he's well worth keeping around. There have been a couple more concrete cases as well. I figure we should at least save him for D2; confident the truth will come out by then with an action result.

On filtering, TM's posting in this game is way different than his posting in gotta go fast, in which he was town, and I could see myself voting him today. Other than that, I kinda like my vote where it is.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh. That's IF it's real, IF it's real AND he's town, and IF it's real AND he's town AND he uses them smartly

1 and 2 are correct but that 'uses it smartly' thing...
Anyways i am gonna ##treat myself since i'm town and am cool and good. Also how are we doing for time? I am currently joke voting someone but should probably settle on a real vote soon?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Any chance we can circle back to bottle knight that fucker is lurkin hard now tjat we stopped turboing him

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sorry for not posting recently, I had to help my friend find a new place to live. Anyway,

King Burgundy posted:

Reread Tired. He also seems like a good candidate.

Can you explain me to me why I seem scummy? Every game people seemed to think I'm scummy.

derp posted:

Lie detect, alignment cop, finding maf etc. I know it's very possible to bus someone but I've never seen a bus work out so it didn't occur to me at the time of posting. My logic is sound anyway, FL is potentially scum so it's odd that people would give him their treat votes. We don't know how strong treats can be so it's wise to be wary who to give them to.

Flying Leatherman posted:

I don't think we should vote JHats, after reflecting a bit - like a couple other people have said, if that's his role, and if he's town, he's well worth keeping around. There have been a couple more concrete cases as well. I figure we should at least save him for D2; confident the truth will come out by then with an action result.

On filtering, TM's posting in this game is way different than his posting in gotta go fast, in which he was town, and I could see myself voting him today. Other than that, I kinda like my vote where it is.

Can you tell me exactly how my posting is different from that game? That game started with P Mushroom being obvious scum, and I spend most of the time trying to get people to lynch them before I died. Nothing much is happening right now.

Don't anyone think it's weird that they are three people suddenly pushing onto me when I'm gone for a bit? It reeks of mafia trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm away. Especially with vague and kinda lovely reasoning.

Derp is probably the most suspicious of the three because I don't even understand what he is trying to imply, and seemed like a maf boy trying to bandwagon on me by following KB.

##vote Derp

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I actually kind of agree. I'm not totally sold on Derp as scum, but he seems like he's trying to guide the thread on some pretty flimsy stuff

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
My reads on others:

Jimmy is definitely town in my eyes from past experience.
Infinitum definitely reads scummy, not only does he not have much to say other than mechanics chat but his vote on CPig is pretty lacking on material. Just an "I agree" and a vote. Feels very bandwagony.

Derp and Infinitum definitely seemed the most scummy right now, I can't tell much from the rest.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
tm sure is sensitive, i didnt even vote him and already he thinks its a conspiracy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
opop i expect more of you

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if "posting more than twice per day' = 'trying to lead the thread' then you suckers are sure easily lead

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

derp posted:

tm sure is sensitive, i didnt even vote him and already he thinks its a conspiracy

Maf is basically a conspiracy game, dum dum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

Can you explain me to me why I seem scummy? Every game people seemed to think I'm scummy.

You hadn't put yourself out there. Your last posts were all asking questions of people without following up on their answers. You weren't really making any strong alignment calls.

Like seriously, look at your own posts before you made this response and imagine if someone else had made them and what you'd think of them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

King Burgundy posted:

You hadn't put yourself out there. Your last posts were all asking questions of people without following up on their answers. You weren't really making any strong alignment calls.

Like seriously, look at your own posts before you made this response and imagine if someone else had made them and what you'd think of them.

Oh. Okay yeah, I actually get it. Unfortunately, that's usually how I try to play, especially when I'm not being pressured. I'm really bad at scum reading so I try to help by asking questions and reminding people about stuff.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I really don't care for the derp case. It seems like the buildup doesn't really match the conclusion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I won't be here at deadline. Gotta go see Dr. Strange.

If we are going to come to a consensus on anyone it will have to be sooner.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

derp posted:

opop i expect more of you

What? Why?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

Can you tell me exactly how my posting is different from that game? That game started with P Mushroom being obvious scum, and I spend most of the time trying to get people to lynch them before I died. Nothing much is happening right now.

yeah, while I disagreed with your reads in GGF you were actively making reads, theorizing, and scumhunting; this game, the post I'm quoting here is the first one that's sounded more like your posting from that game.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'll be on closer to deadline but right now it's time for a catnap

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##treat flying leatherman

i reread him looking for a case to make and i came away with the xonclusion that he's town. good reads and scumhunting, especially for day 1.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Flying Leatherman posted:

yeah, while I disagreed with your reads in GGF you were actively making reads, theorizing, and scumhunting; this game, the post I'm quoting here is the first one that's sounded more like your posting from that game.

GGF basically started as a D2 game with PMushroom, I had enough information and stuff to be confident with my reads. GGF was not the norm of how I usually play, if I'm being honest. I had a lot of free time then too.

But yeah, I kinda get why I'm under suspicion though, in retrospect.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Did a re read feeling infi
##vote Infinitum
##treat Derp
Sorry for inconvenience

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Infinitum's lack of concern does seem weird. I'd vote him but I'm feeling cpig more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Did a re read feeling infi
##vote Infinitum
##treat Derp
Sorry for inconvenience

##vote Jimson

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So Jimson thinks the scum is derp. He's going to make a case on him as soon as he has time.

Now suddenly he's feeling infi and Derp is his read for towniest mofo in the game because he treats him.

Yeah, nope.

Jimson is scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh, good catch.

##vote jimson

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just woke up. That's why I haven't been saying anything. I'm in Australia people.
Catching up on thread.

Gonna feed my dogs, and then I'll finish up a case post I'm making.

tl;dr version is CPig+AA are scum at the very least.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Good job you unraveled my day 1 apathy and found the scum nuggets hidden beneath. Like so much ammonia ridden litter stuck to the bottom of a cat tray.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

derp posted:

AFTER A CONSECUTIVE 42 MINUTES OF NO POSTS IN THE THREAD DERP IS THE WINNER OF THE GAME BEING THE LAST POST STANDING!

GREAT JOB DERP!

! ! ! !

!!!!

GREAT JOB!
This post right here was the one thst made me think he was scum. It was attention grabbing and waaaay to "HEY LOOK AT ME PROVIDE "CONTENT" GUYS "

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
>summon votefinder

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Right then.

First and foremost, I know that when I play mafia I'm usually always strong point of contention due to my play style. I'm boisterous, opinionated, and a gigantic sarcastic arsehole. A lot of times I'll say something D1 that someone will latch onto, and my words will get spun into whatever narrative scum wants to run with.
That's fine, I know this.
That's how the game is played.

So what if I dangled a tantalising little fishy on a hook just before I went to bed?

Infinitum posted:

14 hours until lynch.

Imma go to bed and hopefully CPig will already be lynched when I wake up

Look at that.
It's such an ambiguously provocative statement, how could you NOT react to it as scum?
That's your spin doctor bread and butter right there.
"Holy poo poo Infinitum said something dumb, better jump right the gently caress on that one"

And guess what? They took the bait.

CapitalistPig posted:

##vote inf

every other vote on me at least tried to have a reason.

I did have a reason, and I stated it before. I agreed with AA's case on CPig

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think that operating as if we know how the treats work is a bad idea is all. I should specify that trying to infer motive from treats right now is probably a bad idea and that scum can use this added mechanic to look like they are contributing when they aren't and are instead mitigating heat that would build on them, in fact yeah... I think I see what pig is getting at with infinitum and your post reaffirms the notion I'm trying to express.

Inf used mechanic discussion to appear active then made a noncommittal me too vote.

That's the scummiest behavior ITT so far.

##vote infinitum

Then in swoops AA.
Suddenly the man who was giving out treats with no good logic behind it, and had cased CPig for being non-commital can see the scumminess in my post? Both CPig and AA know I'm an intelligent player, KNOW how much I love making cases, and they KNOW I'd never just pop down a Me-2 vote without having my reasons.

"But Inf. Wasn't AA voting for CPig?" I hear you ask?
Yes, but take a look at the posts in context. Cpig votes for me, and then AA joins in IMMEDIATELY afterwards.
As I said it was meant to be a provocative post to draw scum in.

All I'm seeing is AA bussing CPig early game for Town Cred, as CPig was at the time the likeliest lynch candidate, and then IMMEDIATELY jumping on whatever case his scumbro could make.

:bustem:

---------------------------------------------
tl;dr

AA+CPig scum
AA bussed CPig early for town cred
Both took bait I left hook line and sinker.

Of the 2, CPig is a more difficult read and would prefer him gone today. (All of his posts are "This is a stupid vote" or "I agree with this" nonsense)
It will be easier to read AA later.

##vote CPig

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

This post right here was the one thst made me think he was scum. It was attention grabbing and waaaay to "HEY LOOK AT ME PROVIDE "CONTENT" GUYS "

What were the posts that made you think he was the towniest cat in the game and you should give him a treat?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (4): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, this is a stickup, JimsonTheBetrayer
JimsonTheBetrayer (2): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Somberbrero
derp (1): Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum, Tired Moritz, JimsonTheBetrayer
CapitalistPig (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Somberbrero, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimmy Hats, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Somberbrero, Infinitum, Infinitum
this is a stickup (1): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Jimmy Hats
King Burgundy (1): derp
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Flying Leatherman
Jimmy Hats (1): Somberbrero, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (0): King Burgundy, Jimmy Hats, Infinitum, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats
Tired Moritz (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup

Not Voting (1): BottleKnight

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Tired Moritz posted:

28 years? Haha, you're old.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I like your case Inf. Would vote.

Tell me what you think about Jimson?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I like your case Inf. Would vote.

Tell me what you think about Jimson?

I think it's an excellent catch on the treat.

It's D1, you hardly know anything about anyone, you've got this treat mechanic floating about, and you decide to give your treat to someone you previously voted for?
100% doesn't add up.

Would vote Jimson as well.
Like we're in a good position D1 here as we've got a couple of really good lynch candidates.

Good job.
##treat King Burgundy

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Getting scum vibes from AA. Very self-conscious, and some of his word choice really pings me. Also didn't like stickup's series of consecutive posts on page 7. Them both voting Inf early makes me think Inf is town.

CapitalistPig posted:

also I call everyone idiots in almost every single mafia game, it is kind of my thing.

If there is no other meta I have it is that I call people idiots.

It's almost a catchphrase at this point.

:arghfist:

derp posted:

this is a really good point, and actually speaks to a very self-conscious mindset that I don't think is town.

Tired Moritz posted:

Sorry for not posting recently, I had to help my friend find a new place to live. Anyway,

Lie detect, alignment cop, finding maf etc. I know it's very possible to bus someone but I've never seen a bus work out so it didn't occur to me at the time of posting. My logic is sound anyway, FL is potentially scum so it's odd that people would give him their treat votes. We don't know how strong treats can be so it's wise to be wary who to give them to.

Don't anyone think it's weird that they are three people suddenly pushing onto me when I'm gone for a bit? It reeks of mafia trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm away. Especially with vague and kinda lovely reasoning.

Derp is probably the most suspicious of the three because I don't even understand what he is trying to imply, and seemed like a maf boy trying to bandwagon on me by following KB.

##vote Derp

This case is incredibly defensive, self-conscious, and the worst thing to me is the "my logic is sound" because it sounds like something a scum would say. When you fake an opinion, you make sure that that opinion is logical and reasonable and I can very much imagine someone getting upset and defensive when it's seen as not such. ##vote tired

let's lynch this scum folks

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Kb and inf should jerk eachother off more and maybe cum swap back and forth imo

Anyways srsly how much time do we have left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

his case was all asking questions of people and then just asserting a conclusion.

• Locked thread