Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

Right then.

First and foremost, I know that when I play mafia I'm usually always strong point of contention due to my play style. I'm boisterous, opinionated, and a gigantic sarcastic arsehole. A lot of times I'll say something D1 that someone will latch onto, and my words will get spun into whatever narrative scum wants to run with.
That's fine, I know this.
That's how the game is played.

So what if I dangled a tantalising little fishy on a hook just before I went to bed?

Look at that.
It's such an ambiguously provocative statement, how could you NOT react to it as scum?
That's your spin doctor bread and butter right there.
"Holy poo poo Infinitum said something dumb, better jump right the gently caress on that one"

And guess what? They took the bait.

I did have a reason, and I stated it before. I agreed with AA's case on CPig

Then in swoops AA.
Suddenly the man who was giving out treats with no good logic behind it, and had cased CPig for being non-commital can see the scumminess in my post? Both CPig and AA know I'm an intelligent player, KNOW how much I love making cases, and they KNOW I'd never just pop down a Me-2 vote without having my reasons.

"But Inf. Wasn't AA voting for CPig?" I hear you ask?
Yes, but take a look at the posts in context. Cpig votes for me, and then AA joins in IMMEDIATELY afterwards.
As I said it was meant to be a provocative post to draw scum in.

All I'm seeing is AA bussing CPig early game for Town Cred, as CPig was at the time the likeliest lynch candidate, and then IMMEDIATELY jumping on whatever case his scumbro could make.

:bustem:

---------------------------------------------
tl;dr

AA+CPig scum
AA bussed CPig early for town cred
Both took bait I left hook line and sinker.

Of the 2, CPig is a more difficult read and would prefer him gone today. (All of his posts are "This is a stupid vote" or "I agree with this" nonsense)
It will be easier to read AA later.

##vote CPig

Lmao this is horrible reasoning. First of all you were the only vote on me that didn't have a reason. Just a contentless vote that is scummy. You act like you have this masterstroke case that amounts to poo poo (because you are wrong) writing lots of words doesn't make you right. You dropped a lovely me too vote on me and I called you out on it and now to act like the puppet master. And kb, I'm embarrased for you that you fell for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

King Burgundy posted:

So Jimson thinks the scum is derp. He's going to make a case on him as soon as he has time.

Now suddenly he's feeling infi and Derp is his read for towniest mofo in the game because he treats him.

Yeah, nope.

Jimson is scum.

this is kind of too scummy to be scum for me tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Lmao this is horrible reasoning. First of all you were the only vote on me that didn't have a reason. Just a contentless vote that is scummy. You act like you have this masterstroke case that amounts to poo poo (because you are wrong) writing lots of words doesn't make you right. You dropped a lovely me too vote on me and I called you out on it and now to act like the puppet master. And kb, I'm embarrased for you that you fell for it.

Oh look CPig is calling someone stupid and idiotic for voting for him again.

I've never seen that before.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Kb and inf should jerk eachother off more and maybe cum swap back and forth imo

Anyways srsly how much time do we have left?

2 and a half hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

his case was all asking questions of people and then just asserting a conclusion.

Yeah, I'd still consider Tired. I like the other choices more though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

And kb, I'm embarrased for you that you fell for it.

What do you think about Jimson?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Kb and inf should jerk eachother off more and maybe cum swap back and forth imo

$50 and you can watch baby

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Would vote, he's flip flopping as you pointed out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

Oh look CPig is calling someone stupid and idiotic for voting for him again.

I've never seen that before.

Except neither of those words were used in the post you quoted?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (4): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, this is a stickup, JimsonTheBetrayer
JimsonTheBetrayer (2): CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Somberbrero
derp (1): Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum, Tired Moritz, JimsonTheBetrayer
Tired Moritz (1): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, BottleKnight
CapitalistPig (1): Anomalous Amalgam, Somberbrero, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats, Anomalous Amalgam, Jimmy Hats, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Somberbrero, Infinitum, Infinitum
this is a stickup (1): Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Jimmy Hats
King Burgundy (1): derp
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Flying Leatherman
Jimmy Hats (1): Somberbrero, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (0): King Burgundy, Jimmy Hats, Infinitum, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Jimmy Hats

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 03rd, 2016 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 28 minutes.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

First of all you were the only vote on me that didn't have a reason.

I did have a reason.

If you actually read my post instead of going with a kneejerk "THIS POST IS STUPID AND YOU'RE STUPID IF YOU BELIEVE IT" you'd see that I agreed with the initial casing by AA, and then put down a single vote followed by the statement to draw you in.
And you fell for it.

This post just confirms my suspicions of you all the more mate.
You didn't even bother reading the case I made against you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Except neither of those words were used in the post you quoted?

You know what an adjective is, right mate?

:cripes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd switch to Jim or Pig but I don't think Inf is scum atm

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

You know what an adjective is, right mate?

:cripes:

I do but, I did not say you were dumb or an idiot in your "case" I just said it was wrong and your whole :master: case is full of ridiculous assumption and really isn't even close as much of a "gotcha" as you seem to think it is. you literally voted me without a word, just a contentless vote and a paragraph basically proclaiming that you were going to bed and no matter how you try to spin it, that is scummy behavior and isn't even close to the "hook" you seem to think it is.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Oh yes, sorry and an agreement with a case that also was not good.

If you cannot see why you look scummy and actually believe you pulled off some kind of genius puppetmaster bullshit then lol.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

I'd switch to Jim or Pig but I don't think Inf is scum atm

You should do that. We should consolidate our votes a bit more.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

On poster Tired Moritz, yes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I would do that but I'd rather go for Jimmy. I'll be around for the next 20 mins at least so I can if I need to

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

On poster Tired Moritz, yes.

It's totally Jimson. Too scummy to be scum is not something to let him slide on.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I absolutely would vote jimson, inf posting infposts makes me a lean a bit in the other direction

Looking back AA unvoted Cpig after almost no prodding at all, that feels worse than cpig to me right now

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Inf or Pig are my top picks. Jimson didn't lie about being in an unconfirmed masonry with me. He thinks I'm scum and I'm giving him the benefit of doubt because it seems WIFOMy

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
We're hosed for time let's get this done.

##vote cpig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also I unvoted because pig's point against inf seemed more concrete then my case against him, and the rapid heat he built as I mentioned made me curious.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

It's totally Jimson. Too scummy to be scum is not something to let him slide on.

I'd vote Jimson, he certainly could be scum, I just don't think scum would make such a stupid loving mistake. Jimson's not thinking and I don't know if that's indicative of alignment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm honestly fine with either CPig of Jimbo.
My preference is on CPig mainly due to the fact how easily he took the bait.

I've got some housework to do, but I'll be about to vote either of them.

Hell we could split the difference and vote AA. I'd be fine with that as well.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
it's like two hours out james hats.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

I'm honestly fine with either CPig of Jimbo.
My preference is on CPig mainly due to the fact how easily he took the bait.

I've got some housework to do, but I'll be about to vote either of them.

Hell we could split the difference and vote AA. I'd be fine with that as well.

So anyone but you? I've nothing to hide. I'm the good kitty.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So anyone but you? I've nothing to hide. I'm the good kitty.

Such a perfect Catch 22 political reporter question :allears:

"Why yes, anyone but me is perfect" "AHA so you admit that you're hiding something"
"Why sure vote for me, I've got nothing to hide." "AHA so you admit that voting for you is a good vote"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Feeling good about inf. Sticking to it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jimmy Hats posted:

We're hosed for time let's get this done.

##vote cpig

we are hosed for time so you vote the person who only had 1 vote over inf, the vote leader?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

we are hosed for time so you vote the person who only had 1 vote over inf, the vote leader?

So you're pushing for my lynch on a case I just systematically ripped apart by revealing the honeypot? :allears:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

So you're pushing for my lynch on a case I just systematically ripped apart by revealing the honeypot? :allears:

But you didn't rip it apart? You are just being arrogant. Like I have already said over and over it isn;'t the slam dunk you seem to think it is vizzini.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

it isn;'t the slam dunk you seem to think it is vizzini.

So you admit I have a valid point against you, but it's just not a valid 'slam dunk' point? :allears:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I'm heading out now and will hopefully back for deadline but I don't know what our dinner plans are. ##vote Jimson

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

lol, 1.5 hours is a loooooooong time bro

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

derp posted:

lol, 1.5 hours is a loooooooong time bro

no he is the one who said we were hosed for time, I quoted it in the post you quoted.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh, right

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

So you admit I have a valid point against you, but it's just not a valid 'slam dunk' point? :allears:

That absolutely is not what i said, nice try putting words in my mouth though.

Like I don;t know how much clearer I can be, your case is based in nothing , it is a nothing case that was manufactured in your own head saying you created a "honeypot" is assinine and ridiculous.

If someone does something scummy , and then calls it a honeypot after the fact it is not valid or a good case.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Except I completely explained it in full.

You know my playstyle, you called me out on a ME-2 vote which is something I never do, and then I explained exactly what the post you jumped on was.
It was bait and you took it hook line and sinker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
infinitus is confirmed town

the effort put into that ridiculous plan and how hard he believes in it, no way he's scum.

• Locked thread