Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Just came out today. Owns. Its made by the Ys guys, and it plays like diablo mixed with legend of zelda.

also has a pretty mellow soundtrack to kill monsters to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The gameplay was compared to other similar games like Diablo, The Legend of Zelda, and to an extent, Final Fantasy.[3] Players seek out enemies, and then rapidly press the attack button to attack them. Spells could also be cast with varying strengths by holding down the spell button, allowing you to cast more powerful spells, but allow the enemies to close in on you.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Its a bit more actiony than diablo, since you can actually straight up dodge all the attacks so you have to actually maneuver while fighting. You also do bonus damage for hitting them from the side.

not sure where the final fantasy comparison comes from tbh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank you OP I been meaning to check this series out and have been looking forward to this release without actually knowing the release date. Is it just on PC now?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've also been waiting patiently for Tokyo Xanadu to get translated. I imported Ys VIII because you can't miss Ys but I'm not full blown insane enough yet to import text heavy Japanese games that I will have 0 chance of understanding (already did this once with the latest tri ace game that I already forget the name of)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ohhh right this is that out of nowhere N-Gage sequel to Xanadu that came out 20 years after the original. I love the maniacs at Falcom, I'll definitely check this out this weekend

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Ohhh right this is that out of nowhere N-Gage sequel to Xanadu that came out 20 years after the original. I love the maniacs at Falcom, I'll definitely check this out this weekend

What lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

hell yeah falcom

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus Christ

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I always wanted an ngage to play that Rifts game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

http://www.sidetalking.com/

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

i miss my old xbox
played super metroid for the first time on it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lets all get ngages

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

lets all get ngages
Hell,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

lets all get ngages

If someone was able to rebuild the scrapped metal gear solid n gage game I would get one to play it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

If someone was able to rebuild the scrapped metal gear solid n gage game I would get one to play it

I think it actually came out, there's probably an N Gage emulator out there

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think it actually came out, there's probably an N Gage emulator out there

It did come out, it's called metal gear mobile

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i found a translated copy of the pc version of xanadu a year or two ago but my old harddrive died and idk where i got it from and the mega links are probably dead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive finished the tutorial dungeon and the game is a neat fusion of the two extremes of Falcom dungeon crawling that ive played (the grid based resource management of Brandish and the later era Ys with full motion and constant attacking and combos). I think Ill make a video of my next full dungeon diving process, in the town, into the dungeon and then the aftermath if people wanna see what it looks like. The only thing I dont like about it is that navigating the menus with a controller ranges from annoying to broken

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot
Is this the next Faxanadu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the video will be here when its done processing for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7VYENVVGM

i should have turned off steam notifications because Hormelchili kept opening and closing Skyrim on steam during my recording

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

the video will be here when its done processing for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF7VYENVVGM

i should have turned off steam notifications because Hormelchili kept opening and closing Skyrim on steam during my recording

This is the polite way to say skyrim crashes alot

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Benny D posted:

This is the polite way to say skyrim crashes alot

maybe he was installing and testing mods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The key system in this game is starting to tick me off, especially if you run out in the middle of a dungeon

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

The key system in this game is starting to tick me off, especially if you run out in the middle of a dungeon

Yeah it seems like Ill make progress, then hit an area with like 15 locked doors.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Yeah it seems like Ill make progress, then hit an area with like 15 locked doors.

Yeah and pretty early on you get an item that lets you warp back to town, so its not really gating progress. its just like "well alright guess ill spend 5 minutes getting keys and walking back". i did fight the first big boss today and it was pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I skeleton priest boss is kicking my rear end.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Too spoopy for ya?

Pee Shy
Jan 23, 2011

GOO GAH Gah whe WAN sheh GAA boo!!!!!!!!! DADY No touch ME there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Baby Goku posted:

I always wanted an ngage to play that Rifts game

A rifts game on an actual system would be a dream come true

Pee Shy
Jan 23, 2011

GOO GAH Gah whe WAN sheh GAA boo!!!!!!!!! DADY No touch ME there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Platinum Game's "Blow a poo poo Ton of Coalition Assclowns Heads Off In a Glitter Boy - GOTY Edition"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this seems interesting, but i don't want to pay full price for it. i wishlisted it.

also, n-gages are 70 dollars on ebay.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

maybe he was installing and testing mods

ding ding

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sorry in training

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it blows my mind that this game is a remake of an ngage game, which was itself a sequel to an also-ran action rpg on the NES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it blows my mind that this game is a remake of an ngage game, which was itself a sequel to an also-ran action rpg on the NES

Falcom is a fascinating studio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

It owns.

• Locked thread