Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Daaku Shinsei posted:

I found a Chromia yesterday. I like her a lot better, now that I figured out her torso crunch deal. That poo poo was stuck real good til I took off her limbs and head, and fiddled with it some.

Comic shop I found her at had a plain-Generations dark green/yellow truck or construction type equipment guy that I totally forgot his name. Which would make it easier to ask if he was any good.

Was it Hoist? http://tfu.info/2013/Autobot/GenHoist/hoist.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Comic shop I found her at had a plain-Generations dark green/yellow truck or construction type equipment guy that I totally forgot his name. Which would make it easier to ask if he was any good.
Hmm, autobot or decepticon? Hoist maybe?

e;fb

Hoist is good if he's on sale. He's a bit hollow, but he's also Hoist and can do a nice "head out in alt-mode" kind of deal:

Also he has at least one 3rd party upgrade kit, if you are into that sort of thing.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What model is that behind Hoist?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Generations thundercracker

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

DoctorWhat posted:

Well he is a headmaster so there's room for some good Hamlet goofs.

Just gonna repost this since it's relevant

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

TheDK posted:

Hmm, autobot or decepticon? Hoist maybe?

e;fb

Hoist is good if he's on sale. He's a bit hollow, but he's also Hoist and can do a nice "head out in alt-mode" kind of deal:

Also he has at least one 3rd party upgrade kit, if you are into that sort of thing.

NO THUNDERCRACKER I DO NOT WANT TO READ YOUR SCRIPT!
(Also get a lawyer because Harmony Gold is probably gonna sue you and I don't think Buster's cuteness will cause them to cease with a cease and desist.)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's Moist, right? Baby, you're gonna be a star in the pictures!

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

No, I think it may've been a voyager, actually. He'll surely still be there in a couple weeks when I go look again. Then I can look him up properly. I mean, they've still got Beast Hunters toys.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Daaku Shinsei posted:

No, I think it may've been a voyager, actually. He'll surely still be there in a couple weeks when I go look again. Then I can look him up properly. I mean, they've still got Beast Hunters toys.

Maybe ROTF Long Haul then: http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/4/4b/ROTF_Voyager_LongHaul.jpg

I had the yellow one and it sucked rear end until I threw it away when one of the tires broke off at the translucent red plastic joint.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
My next guess was Roadbuster

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Might be Movie Hound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bS7gFL6rQw

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
By the end of the series Thundercracker is going to be a legit poet laureate, right

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's been a week since I ordered Soundwave off of Smyths toys, it's been "on its way to the courier" since the 31st of October. Never ordering from a company using a Hermes-based courier again/listening to The_Doctor (just kidding on that last one).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
China Post is terrible. You'll probably get your box before they update the tracking.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

China Post is terrible. You'll probably get your box before they update the tracking.

Smyths toys is a uk retail chain

Hermes are just dogshit, filling the void for garbage courier left behind by citylink.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah I'd have more confidence if it was a Chinese order I was waiting for...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goddamn am I starting to get sick of finding hairline cracks in Masterpieces. This isn't even a stress thing, it looks like.

What's my best option for fixing this? Can I stuff some epoxy into the crack as is, or do I have to push the pin out first? And what epoxy? Or Gorilla Glue?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Phy posted:

Goddamn am I starting to get sick of finding hairline cracks in Masterpieces. This isn't even a stress thing, it looks like.

What's my best option for fixing this? Can I stuff some epoxy into the crack as is, or do I have to push the pin out first? And what epoxy? Or Gorilla Glue?

Pin out, epoxy, SLIGHTLY increase the size of the hole, reassemble.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Smyths toys is a uk retail chain

Hermes are just dogshit, filling the void for garbage courier left behind by citylink.

I swear it said SIRTOYS when I read it earlier!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

I swear it said SIRTOYS when I read it earlier!

Sirtoys is taking you over. In a body snatchers kind of way.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Phy posted:

Or Gorilla Glue?

Clearly this is the answer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's Loudpetal, not Optimus Primal in that pic, though.

\/\/\/ You're right. The Gorilla Glue joke is still ruined though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 6, 2016

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Pretty sure it's Tracks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If anyone is in their area, Meijer has Transformers for 25% off right now. I got Chromedome and Weirdwolf for $11.50 each, and there were a few still on pegs. Rochester Hills, Michigan to be exact.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just got invoiced for Iron Factory's Lord Scorpion, should be here in like a week and a half wooo.

Has there been anymore news on that sicknasty Bludgeon from DNA designs?

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

\/\/\/ You're right. The Gorilla Glue joke is still ruined though.

:eng99:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just got invoiced for Iron Factory's Lord Scorpion, should be here in like a week and a half wooo.
Guess it's about time to pick a site to PO their Stormbringer optimus from, given the PO bonus is so sweet

Anyone got any thoughts? I was thinking of going with the Chosen Prune.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chosen Prome got a indecent amount of my money at TFCon and they were willing to deal in person, which was nice.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Chosen Prome got a indecent amount of my money at TFCon and they were willing to deal in person, which was nice.
yeah that was almost kind of strange... in previous years they were the 2nd-most expensive booth for stuff, behind none other than tfsource. But this year they actually had some reasonable prices and even the best deals of the 'con on some things (that tailgate comes to mind).

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 7, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Exactly, and being able to haggle down on an Iron Factory Windblade which had a dinged box was awesome.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Medullah posted:

If anyone is in their area, Meijer has Transformers for 25% off right now. I got Chromedome and Weirdwolf for $11.50 each, and there were a few still on pegs. Rochester Hills, Michigan to be exact.

Rochester Hills represent! I live a half mile from downtown Rochester and I'm going to Meijer tomorrow for groceries. I saw some newer RIDs I wanted there, maybe I'll spring for them.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Went to the store for some toiletries, and ended up walking out with Combiner Wars Devastator, because I am weak.

Goddamn he's a big boy.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

A Bad Poster posted:

Went to the store for some toiletries, and ended up walking out with Combiner Wars Devastator, because I am weak.

Goddamn he's a big boy.

You are not weak. You are a good decision maker (assuming you could afford your toiletries after)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I could afford all of them as well. Devs looks really good with MP Grimlock and MP-01 Prime.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

did you remember to get your tp though?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That is one of the things I got, yes :tinfoil:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you're only going to own one ridiculously big transformer Devastator is the one to own.

Obviously you're not supposed to only own one ridiculously big transformer though, otherwise why would they make others?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I sold my Unicron to someone on here years ago, and every once in a while I think about getting another one. Right now I barely have room for what I have though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm still shocked they didn't keep making Devastators until the christmas season. Seems like the perfect toy for a "big under-the-tree gift", wonder why they blew their load early on? And it never seemed like there were very many Devastators to begin with, seems like it went out of production super fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's really weird especially with the potential Devastation video game tie-in that could have been exploited to make tons of money while making customers happy. But hey, who am I to question toy stores' methods? I'll just be over here waiting for my Soundwave to arrive, let's see how the delivery is going...

"08/11/2016 13:09 On its way back to the retailer"

Jesus christ smyths/hermes, how difficult is it?