Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
"...."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

cheetah7071 posted:

Why is that male pikachu laying eggs

mated with a ditto

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Countblanc posted:

similarly, I'm excited to see how many of my 3ds friends suddenly and totally coincidentally stop being listed as online for a week before the game launches after the CIA leaks

Probably none of them because Nintendo can't or at least doesn't ban for that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Funkmaster General posted:

They are definitely capable of banning people for that. They did for a while, and then eventually stopped for some reason. For now, at least.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Funkmaster General posted:

i more meant because then everyone will know they're a filthy hacker but it was mostly a joke anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it's not really something you can ban for imho, since a copy leaking means stores broke street date and it isn't good practice to ban a bunch of people who have a perfectly legal copy of a game they just happened to get early, even if 99% of them arent that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Countblanc posted:

it's not really something you can ban for imho, since a copy leaking means stores broke street date and it isn't good practice to ban a bunch of people who have a perfectly legal copy of a game they just happened to get early, even if 99% of them arent that

Nintendo has also banned in the past for identical cartridge IDs, in a bid to stop piracy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

corn in the bible posted:

Nintendo has also banned in the past for identical cartridge IDs, in a bid to stop piracy.

Corn who the gently caress gave you that red text?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

corn in the bible posted:

Good thing CIAs don't have anything unique then.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
like a barbaracle im just too handsome

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The best of SuMo in one image

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Doesn't have a spooky anchor, 8/10.

Currently playing through my first Gen V game (Black 2) and I'm so glad instead of using HMs as roadblocks they usually have NPCs blocking the routes until you earn a gym badge/advance the plot. Just yesterday I arrived at the beachside town after Reversal Mountain and I decided to go south where I ran into about a dozen people forming an impassible conga-line. Then I went northeast and stumbled upon a cave where a guy with three Roggenrolas told me I wasn't worthy of a fight yet. It's pretty silly and fantastic.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 4, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The spooky anchor and Aloan Dugtrio haven't been officially announced, have they?

Cause I've been thinking that it might actually be... Just a Dugtrio in a wig.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-247965078

wait till the last turn

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

lezard_valeth posted:

This beautiful creature could only be Fire/Fighting.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

:psyduck: Someone seriously threw a tantrum for 2 hours just because they got hit by Stone Edge twice in a row?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kikas posted:

The spooky anchor and Aloan Dugtrio haven't been officially announced, have they?

Cause I've been thinking that it might actually be... Just a Dugtrio in a wig.

Alolan Dugtrio shows up as a pokemon you can photograph in the demo.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

lezard_valeth posted:

Majestic.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Toys R Us is running a b1g1 40% deal on games. You can get both Sun and Moon (or Sun/Moon + X/Y/ORAS) for $51ish depending on your state tax.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, I hadn't logged into my pokemon bank in over a year and lost all of my pokemon dating back to gameboy times. That super suck but there's nothing I can do it about it now.

Wait, do they just go 'haha gently caress all your pokemon' if you forget to re-up? Holy poo poo.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Holy poo poo. :discourse:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

"This game looks pretty normal, nice comeback from the Mega A-what the hell :stare: "

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tomie knows me posted:

Wait, do they just go 'haha gently caress all your pokemon' if you forget to re-up? Holy poo poo.

There's a grace period of a few months where you can pull them all back down, but otherwise yeah afaik

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tomie knows me posted:

how quickly we forget 'holding my friends hostage'-gate of 2014

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dr. Fetus posted:

:psyduck: Someone seriously threw a tantrum for 2 hours just because they got hit by Stone Edge twice in a row?

Was that their complaint? I was having a hard time figuring out what the guy's problem was.

quote:

mitel: You might be the most pretentious little gently caress I've ever seen.
OH MY GOD KILL: you say time and again "it's not important" etc
Tod Dunsparce joined.
fgtsrsgfzd: You're gathering all this information off some silly little argument?
OH MY GOD KILL: I wouldn't go that far, but he is pretty bad
fgtsrsgfzd: Because you LOST?
mitel: I wasn't talking about fgt snob

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 4, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

quote:

If I deem a person unworthy of beating me, they don't. I refuse to allow them the honour of KOing all 6 of my Pokekon.

Lol, what a huge baby.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Blooming Brilliant posted:

"This game looks pretty normal, nice comeback from the Mega A-what the hell :stare: "

"Yeah this seems pretty in the bag I wonder if the Arcanine's gonna pull out some Close Combat hax and somehow win the oh my what happened to the chat window?"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah that's funny and all but the other guy couldn't even get the year right. it's 2016 dummy

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean was I supposed to read that 900 page chat log because I'm not doing that

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

You can get the jist of it from the first few lines but basically the losing dude had a big baby fit and decided to Time out .

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

All you have to do is read a few lines after the end of the battle to get the gist of it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

more like 900 page chat long !! ha cha cha cha

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Honestly all parties involved seem like idiots for arguing for over 2 hours about the honor of pokemon battles. Maybe I'm just getting old.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yup.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's about Honor in pokemon battles by wussing out.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The guy who won the battle quits pretty early, after that it's only the guy who lost and a rotating cast of new chatters who come in to gawk as the url made the rounds and call the guy an idiot.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

"If we had a butthurt scouter it would have broken by now"

good poo poo :discourse:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Golden Goat posted:

You can get the jist of it from the first few lines but basically the losing dude had a big baby fit and decided to Time out .

Yeah I can't see how people time out for losing in Showdown.

The only times I've ever forced a time out or prolonged a game is because my opponent was some edgelord who was like "SEE I KNEW U COULDNT BEAT ME"
Dude.
It's random battle.

And that one dude who had a chat bot that threw out poorly spelled taunts at set intervals even when I crit him and took down his pokemon with poo poo like "HA HA HA U SEE MY TRU POWER NOW??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOIPUi5k6MA

New Generations is up.

I like how when everyone is freaking out Cynthia gets in a fighting pose when Giratina goes after Cyrus