Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/AchyHippo/video/23144902

CoD4 nades. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Is there no theatre mode? getting it from their perspective would've been nice.

Best class still 3x Frag + Stopping Power + Martyrdom? :getin:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hey guys how's the SP?????

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, The American soldier you play as dies from a nuke, and you find out that Captain Price never killed Zakhaev in Chernobyl.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe its just initial impression but it seems all the work went into CoD4, its smooth as hell, perfect connections and whatever you remember from CoD4 back in 07 still works here, IW in comparison feels kind of off, been having nothing but connection issues all night to and I can't find a single zombie match either.

I'll just chalk it up to launch woes, I bought the Digital Deluxe edition so its not like I can get away from it.

Hopefully with friends its more fun, been bumping into to many pre-mades.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The netcode for every CoD was completely different (read; better) until MW3, where it's been hosed ever since.

In all honesty, I'm genuinely surprised Activision didn't give them the new code to use for CoD 4.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Speaking of CoD4, I don't remember this Shipment. I do remember dying a fair bit but...

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Mister Macys posted:

The netcode for every CoD was completely different (read; better) until MW3, where it's been hosed ever since.

In all honesty, I'm genuinely surprised Activision didn't give them the new code to use for CoD 4.

I'm glad they didn't. MWR has been solid on that front. I'm just a few kills away from my precious ACOG Skorpion. Coltron would be proud.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I am omega loving bad at IW. Gonna take a few nights to reacclimate I think, it's not BO3 or TF2 in pacing. It's like slower than BO3 movement but faster than any of them in killtime.

Think this is probably the roughest start I've had in a new cod in years, sum total of high end streaks I called in was a warden and a thor. I guess playing at midnight in the middle of BF1/TF2 guaranteed it'd be mostly hardcore mlg scuf pros, but jeeze.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remote connected to my mac that's remote connected to my PS4 so I can make sure this poo poo has everything updated and is ready to go the second I get home.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

My copy is out for delivery as of 5:10AM. So I should have it in my grubby mitts somewhere in the vicinity of 7:45P if the USPS keeps with it's delivery tradition at my new place. So by the time everything downloads and installs I should be ready to go by Sunday. PSN is AhChaChaChaCha if you don't have me on your list. I doubt I'll even play IW this weekend since the servers are likely to be hosed. I'm all over MWR though.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Remote connected to my mac that's remote connected to my PS4 so I can make sure this poo poo has everything updated and is ready to go the second I get home.

Nerd

housefly fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 4, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Maybe its just initial impression but it seems all the work went into CoD4, its smooth as hell, perfect connections and whatever you remember from CoD4 back in 07 still works here, IW in comparison feels kind of off, been having nothing but connection issues all night to and I can't find a single zombie match either.

I'll just chalk it up to launch woes, I bought the Digital Deluxe edition so its not like I can get away from it.

Hopefully with friends its more fun, been bumping into to many pre-mades.

All the work for COD4 was done. Raven just gave it a fresh coat of paint. The real IW knew how to make a game with competent netcode.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My copy is out for delivery and I had it shipped to my dispatch office which is just a couple miles from my house. I'll pick it up before I get home and I'll be playing MWR with you dorks later.

I'll be the guy countersniping with an RPD. Or noob tubing people with an AK from across the map.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
How do you customize your loving rig with like new helmets and poo poo

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I tried this trash fire multiplayer on PC but the controls felt seriously hosed up. I played with mouse sensitivity, tried acceleration on and off, adjusted DPI — nothing helped. It felt like the mouse sensitivity was changing with the framerate. With vsync on it played better but I swear there was still something wrong with the aiming.

There's something funny about the gunfights too. I expected high TTK but feels like it comes in spikes, too: you're fighting, suddenly you're dead. There's no sense of what happened to you. The map design throwing enemies at you from every direction doesn't help.

Refunded it, went back to Black Ops 3, it felt great :shrug:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Drav posted:

How do you customize your loving rig with like new helmets and poo poo

When you're selecting which rig you want it should prompt you to press Y/Triangle to personalize them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

1stGear posted:

Hey guys how's the SP?????

its ok. the universe feels pretty fleshed out at least for cod game and the characters are good for the most part. game is loving bleak as gently caress at points though.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

JackGeneric posted:

When you're selecting which rig you want it should prompt you to press Y/Triangle to personalize them.

Yeah it must be bugged because I'm not seeing it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is the SP all campaign or are the side missions cool and good that give you more poo poo to play with in SP/MP?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

victrix posted:

I am omega loving bad at IW. Gonna take a few nights to reacclimate I think, it's not BO3 or TF2 in pacing. It's like slower than BO3 movement but faster than any of them in killtime.

Think this is probably the roughest start I've had in a new cod in years, sum total of high end streaks I called in was a warden and a thor. I guess playing at midnight in the middle of BF1/TF2 guaranteed it'd be mostly hardcore mlg scuf pros, but jeeze.

I think the opposite, I feel IW is WAY faster than any CoD to date, the little double jump bar in particular drains faster but it also recharges faster so you can bunny hop almost constantly and you can chain some stupid retarded wallruns.

I still don't know the names of the maps, I know its next to C flag in Dom, and in that map there's a building with a little nook up top and you can wallrun forever, I must have stayed up there 2 minutes straight just to test it out.

Also I dunno if this is a bug but destroying UAVs and poo poo is giving me primary exp, I took out a thor and a warden last night and my NV4 is level 5 right now.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 4, 2016

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I redeemed the Terminal map code on Xbox Live - where do I download it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Check your Library/Purchased games.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i ran home on my lunch break to queue up 40 gigs of patches and games so it should be ready when I'm done with this goofy farewell poo poo my boss wants to do. see y'all at 7 PST :)

Therapist
Aug 13, 2002

So I jus e'aim at e'heart of San Luis fan e'pull e'treeger? Hokay.
:suicide:
Did I choose poorly by getting this for PC? I just kinda wanted to mix it up this go round...

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Mister Macys posted:

Check your Library/Purchased games.

Had to go to the XBL Store and search for Terminal. Why can't they just do this automatically? :smith:

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress is this thing where I have to download an update in-game to play multiplayer? This poo poo is taking forever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't know about you guys but I think I just won the game :huh:

I also got the same Mauler I used throughout the Beta so I think I'll be fine to get started.

And FYI your 10 SD from the season pass or whatever are already available. If your keys (on the crate purchase screen) are red then you have free crates to redeem.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is the SP all campaign or are the side missions cool and good that give you more poo poo to play with in SP/MP?

the side missions are either space fighter missions which are pretty fun if arcady and or ship boarding mission which fun enough. the SP is pretty fun, the story is ok and the characters(mostly your crew is good, ethan the robot is pretty boss) personally i like it so far more then AW but its not Cod 4 level greatness(least so far). the universe is pretty fleshed out for a cod game and it kinda feels like how i picture war between humans is in the alien universe. its pretty low-fi but there are lasers and pulse rifles.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Spaceland Zombos update: It's both easy and hard. Easy in the sense that basic dumb shootmans is possible, you get an axe if you're lucky, and Pack-a-Punch only requires the only four portals on the map to be used once.

It's also hard in the sense that you might as well not go for the revive perk since dying and reviving as it is in solo fuckin' SUCKS. Also hard in that there's a big guy with a mask. Apparently you can see through the mask with the hater blockers.

Oh, and those coins? Yeah... bout that.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If only that was available on your merc rig straight up.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Therapist posted:

Did I choose poorly by getting this for PC? I just kinda wanted to mix it up this go round...

yes you did you poor fucker

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Played for 2 hours before i had to hop off to be an adult or some poo poo, Game feels very good. I feel like my xim is handling it just like blops 3, and the xim guys havent even put out a specific set up for it yet. Guns are fun and interesting to use. playing with a bunch of the old gang was a blast too. i missed everyone.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I also got the same Mauler I used throughout the Beta so I think I'll be fine to get started.

And FYI your 10 SD from the season pass or whatever are already available. If your keys (on the crate purchase screen) are red then you have free crates to redeem.

I couldn't even access the store last night.

Edit: Oh there we go, no epics and way to many goddamn sniper rifles. :negative:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 4, 2016

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Therapist posted:

Seems like it. I actively avoid all neo IW PC ports but this one has forced mouse acceleration that's loving with it and the game just seems bad. MW4 looks fine but I'm not paying $50 for it when we have so many multiplayer choices already.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
we have all this advanced movement so you can get to that one room real fast to camp with your sniper rifle - my Infinite Warfare review

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sba posted:

we have all this advanced movement so you can get to that one room real fast to camp with your sniper rifle - my Infinite Warfare review

Its funny how true this is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What the gently caress is up with lobbies

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What the gently caress is up with lobbies

I played a lot of 4v4/4v5/5v5/5v6 games last night, is that poo poo still happening?

Also saw a 5v2 game where it tried to refill the enemy team three times and failed each time, gg.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I have this dumb game now and am playing it, if anyone else is on. GT is Jack5434.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How's Jon Snow in the game? He cool. Good villain or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i just played a full game of Domination on Shipment :pwn:

you literally couldn't even loving spawn because grenades just blow up infinitely

• Locked thread