Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also aa probably scum or sk. I'd vote either one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why are we assuming that wooden treats are bad? are you saying our cat lady is bad? gently caress off.

but seriously, that's a really weird assumption.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Want to kill that moritz

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
How the gently caress do you all get scum on me from Inf claiming that I targeted him!?

AGAIN...

A = Anomalous Amalgam
B = Infinitum
C = King Burgundy

My Claim
A tracks B.
A sees B visit C.
C dies.

Inf's Claim
B watches B; Protects C.
A visits B.
B sees A visiting him.
C dies.

No where in either claim is there room for me to have killed C.
No where in either claim is there evidence to substantiate A as a redirector.
No where in either claim is there evidence to substantiate A as scum or SK as pig purports.

What it takes for my claim to work
A is really a tracker.
B really visited C. A really visited B.
C. Dies.

What it takes for Inf's claim and case to work
B protects C. B can see himself.
A visits B to redirect him. B sees A visit him.
D(???) kills C.

A & D knew to redirect B to kill C?
It is coincidence that A redirected B who protected C, and C was still targeted by D(???)?

Short of me and Inf being clairvoyant, because how else could he arrive at the conclusion that I must have redirected him, and me knowing to redirect him. This is all baseless conjecture on his part, when I have a real action that is not at all unbelievable or baseless.

The only thing that might, and only MIGHT, render my claim less believable is that Jimson flipped tracker and dicksleeves is claiming that he is a joat with a tracker.

Here is what is 100% corroborated by our claims.

A visits B.
A sees B visit C.
B sees A.
A confirms he visited B.
B has no idea what A's role is.
C dies.
A has no affiliation with C by his action.
B loving visited C.
C Died!

You all must be high on catnip, and if so, don't hold out on me.

*rolls around on carpet, looks at you upside down before leaping onto all fours and darting into a cabinet.*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##treat inf but mate, if you get what you think is a slam dunk like that, you don't immediately bust it out, you hang on to it and try to find his buddy

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
No one is saying you killed anyone you purposely misunderstanding scumbo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
This charade youre putting on and misconstruing of infins very very simple to understand theory is what seals you as scum more than anything infi said

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
don't turbo you goons. let me think on this. i have work in less than ten hours.

i wish i had a masonry with someone cool like leather.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

derp posted:

No one is saying you killed anyone you purposely misunderstanding scumbo

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
AA was there any particular reason you chose to track inf?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

I'll be out from pretty much now. So I won't be able to respond to any scum accusations that I was the one that killed KB.

You either believe me or you don't.
If you're playing with me in other games atm, you know I'm a straight shooter and I've been on absolute fire with my callouts lately.

I swear on me sexy sexy beard that AA+Cpig are scum.

If you want to lynch scum, lynch AA.
If you want to lynch me, a sexy as hell town bodyguard, that's your choice. I just won't be about to argue against it cause I'm getting drunk as a skunk this arvo

Enjoy your day lads :toot:

it's like my eyes are tasting bile.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
anonamal's argument makes sense to me at this point in time, but then it's nearly two in the morning.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

anonamal's argument makes sense to me at this point in time, but then it's nearly two in the morning.

I'm sorry that you're scum in this game as well

I'm also sorry you're a loving arsehole.

Not sorry that I am drink as fuuuuiuucccckkk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

this is a stickup posted:

AA was there any particular reason you chose to track inf?

Uh did you not read any of the arguments against him d1? Christ....

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
So if I'm reading right, the only way that AA isn't a redirector is if Inf A) is telling the truth about being self-watching and B) is not actually a bodyguard. The reason this doesn't hold water to me is that a self-watching scum in a role-heavy game doesn't make sense. It'd be a useless role. So to me, on balance, Inf's probably town - and then what reason would he have to lie about the rest of his role?

Finally, as stickup mentioned above, 3 trackers in a 13 person game seems nuts - I don't buy AA's roleclaim. Coupled with what I said yesterday, I'm inclined to believe Inf over him.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Uh did you not read any of the arguments against him d1? Christ....

sorry for attempting to figure out what influenced your final decision and why I should believe you over inf I guess?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

derp posted:

I knew infinus was town. #vote aa

this didn't count because the formatting is off

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
You know what, actually, maybe this is off the wall but I'm going to make a flavor argument.

The picture of Jimson's cat, when he flipped, was a cat pawing at a mirror.

If Jimson was a town tracker, what's the mirror - reverse - of a town tracker? Something that screws with tracker results. Like a bus driver, or a redirector.

Also a scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah I think you're reaching a little far with that one in a game about cat gifs

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

this is a stickup posted:

yeah I think you're reaching a little far with that one in a game about cat gifs

That's fair

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
On the other hand, I got an action result in keeping with my flavor, so I'm loath to completely discount it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello friends. I am extremely exceptionally incredibly drunk right now.

Like that kind of happy drunk where you just don't give a fuckkkkkkkkk about anything.

I am super duper 100% town.
Def Self Watching Bodyguard.

When I am sober I am gonna laugh my loving arse off at all the dickheads that are denying my claim. Like holy gently caress how the hell do you believe AA over me :laffo::laffo:
Absolutely do not give a gently caress about anything at this point

:3: Sorry for ruining your game Asina, but drunk posting is hilarious to me right now and I get to call out AA for his scum spindoctery bullshit
Like :laffo: how much he's annoyed that I loving caught him redirecting me.

gently caress.
Sorry. Imma go to sleep now and post serious once I sober the gently caress upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

God I love being happy drunk
Please give me treats because my bday party wasoff the hook and I am having the time of my life rioght now!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

THAT"S ME IN THE CORNER
THAT"S ME IN THE SPOT LIGHT!
LOSING MY RELIGIONNNNN

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Let's all report inf so he gets probed but still lynch AA

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also FL gently caress u for attributing my amazing and smart deduction to stickup

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

Let's all report inf so he gets probed but still lynch AA

I will report you for not having a good time :laffo:

gently caress man. like AA+Cpig are the biggest loving scummos ever.
Like I've been playing mafs for a long arse time now so if you can't loving spot AA at the very least and his weak arse loving attempt to throw shade on me.. then :laffo::laffo:

Ok imma go to bed now.

gently caress man. Like... :laffo: him trying to explain away the redirect! :laffo::laffo:
Goddamn. Weakest fuckin scum scplaining i've ever seen!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:laffo: Cpig loving treating himself. loving hell man.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

:laffo: Cpig loving treating himself. loving hell man.

Yes. That is correct. You are stupid if you don't want treats in this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Jimmy Hats posted:

Also FL gently caress u for attributing my amazing and smart deduction to stickup

rude! please don't attack cats that attribute things to me just because they know that I'm the better cat in this situation

got my eye on you jimmy, no funny stuff

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am Bubbles, Jimson was Bobbles. He was my reflection. Why would bubbles be the reflection to bobbles if you want to make lovely flavor cases based off Gifs.

And I mean, I tracked Infinitum because he came across as scummy yesterday.

I feel like you aren't following some basic logic here.

Like one, it's a huge assertion to say I'm a redirector.

Like there isn't a shred of evidence to substantiate that. Nothing. Zilch.

Even if Infinitum is a self watcher he would learned who targeted that player the same Night, nothing indicative of action.

quote:

The Watcher is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, targeted that player the same Night (but not what actions were performed on that player).

Also why would I redirect infinitum. THink about it hard for a minute, use whatever granules of brain power you may have to really think about, because what would be the effect? Without me having some prior knowledge as to his role or utility what good would it do me, alleged scum redirector, to redirect infinitum when I was pressing him as scum the previous day?

None.

Instead, it's more plausible that I, Bubbles, the prime version of the bubble-bobble tracker masonry, actually am a loving tracker, who tracked the guy he thought was scummy and caught him red-pawed killing KB.

That's way more plausible than a highly orchestrated plot to kill KB, and redirect Inf. IF KB was going to be protected by anyone why would I assume Inf is doing it?

There's a lot with Inf's argument that is contingent upon coincidence or some near psychic degree of insight, where as tracking the person you thought were scummy just makes sense.

What don't you all see about this?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also if you want to go off some lovely mirror gif flavor casing consider this...

quote:

The game, starring the twin Bubble Dragons Bub and Bob, tasks players with travelling through one hundred stages, blowing and bursting bubbles, jumping on and off blown bubbles to navigate level obstacles, dodging and eliminating enemies, and collecting a variety of items including some that carry 'power ups' and significant bonuses.

This flavor would stand to reason that both Jimson and I were good, twin Bubble Dragons, Bub and Bob.

Next lovely flavor reasoning, that the unconfirmed masonry makes sense for cats and were both good...

quote:

Sadly research suggests that cats can't recognize their own reflections. Whether your cat stares lovingly, acts spooked, or tries to play with the image staring back at him, experts say he is simply reacting to what he thinks is another cat.

We were playing with each other in the mirror, but were unconfirmed because we don't know that we were one in the same, we think we're two cats!

End of flavor discussion, it sucks all the dick in the world, and is stupid.

----

BACK TO LOGICAL REASONING.

For the last time....

A = AA
B = Inf
C = KB
D = Unknown Variable

As far as I understand it, a true account of what happened last night

A visits B.
B visits C.
C Dies.

B sees A visit B.
A sees B visit C.
C Dies.

B and A validate, A visiting B.
C is still dead.
B claims A is a redirector.
There is no evidence to support this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also if you give your treats to Inf, you're dumb and deserve to have scum roll you this game. Just saying.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Hello friends. I am extremely exceptionally incredibly drunk right now.

Like that kind of happy drunk where you just don't give a fuckkkkkkkkk about anything.

I am super duper 100% town.
Def Self Watching Bodyguard.

When I am sober I am gonna laugh my loving arse off at all the dickheads that are denying my claim. Like holy gently caress how the hell do you believe AA over me :laffo::laffo:
Absolutely do not give a gently caress about anything at this point

:3: Sorry for ruining your game Asina, but drunk posting is hilarious to me right now and I get to call out AA for his scum spindoctery bullshit
Like :laffo: how much he's annoyed that I loving caught him redirecting me.

gently caress.
Sorry. Imma go to sleep now and post serious once I sober the gently caress upppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

God I love being happy drunk
Please give me treats because my bday party wasoff the hook and I am having the time of my life rioght now!

Enjoy your drunkenness you filthy scum liar. Enjoy it while it lasts, because the hangover of truth is coming, then you just get hung.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Admittedly I kind of agree with AA, it just doesn't seem very likely to be honest.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
AA convinced me, I think he is telling the truth bubbles and bobbles twin trackers makes the most sense.

inf visited KB, claiming as a bodyguard, but if he is a bodyguard why is KB dead?

inf also pushed a lovely illogical case against me yesterday claiming he baited a hook like some kind of puppetmaster which is total bullshit because of his logic of "Only scum would have taken the bait" even though the so called bait was literally just him being scummy which literally anyone regardless of alignment could see as scummy and vote for.

inf is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

Admittedly I kind of agree with AA, it just doesn't seem very likely to be honest.

How is it not likely to be honest, I'll answer any questions you got. I'm about to start class so I won't respond immediately, but I mean I can't be any more genuine about my reads and casing than I've been.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is cloaks d2 all over again except far rudee.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
while infi is certainly unpleasant, i don't know if that means he is scum. from what i understand it's possible for both actors to be town here. we need to stop and talk this out, not rush to a vote.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Did anyone see if KB was visited by anyone? If KB wasn't visited by anyone else other than Infi, then the only possibility is that Infi killed him.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

How is it not likely to be honest, I'll answer any questions you got. I'm about to start class so I won't respond immediately, but I mean I can't be any more genuine about my reads and casing than I've been.

Oh no, I agree with you. I find it unlikely that there would be a scum redirector that happened to find the BG that was on the maf's kill target. Very lucky if true.

Though I also agree with FL that a self-watching maf would be kinda useless unless they have godfather powers. There's also a possibility that a scumbro could have told him that AA visited him though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we absolutely cannot make assumptions about the setup here. there are a mess of roles that have not and should not claim. there are many possibilities outside the standard, that's the point of this game. if you haven't read the cloaks post asiina linked in the op, it might be helpful.

i need to look back at jim hats. do i recall correctly that he had a watch and a track available and chose to track kb?

• Locked thread