Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does IW have collectibles in the campaign at all? Intel or whatever. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You can collect new guns and upgrades for them, but there isn't any kind of "find these because you're an OCD loser" collectible that I've seen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skeezy posted:

Does IW have collectibles in the campaign at all? Intel or whatever. I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Based on trophies, there's suit upgrades and jackal parts to collect then there's a number of side missions / bounty hunts to complete. No idea how hidden some of these poo poo may be but outside of the "clear the game in veteran" most of the stuff looks relatively easy to complete since you can just pick and choose missions once you complete them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:siren: ATTENTION XBONERS :siren:

We have a dedicated Slack group of big dick convertible driving Xbox one gamers who like to shoot Mans. We use it to talk about gaming, life, babes, and hot pocket recipes. We also use it to coordinate hit squads in destiny, battlefield 1, and titanballs 2

If you want an invite to the group, send me a message here with your email or send a XBL message to Wrecks Box One with your forums name

(And add me as a friend on XBL so we can stomp on scrubs)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

Buy a drive for me. Thanks in advance!
You can find a 2TB one for like $70 at Costco.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah HDD are super loving cheap nowadays. Hell, if you wait till black friday you can probably get an even better deal.

Also, PS4 crew I'm jut playing through the campaign but feel free to invite me for MP shenanigans. Can't wait for this week of meat grinding and dying while I learn the maps, callouts, and guns is over so playing becomes even funner.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

SubponticatePoster posted:

You can find a 2TB one for like $70 at Costco.

I know. It's not high on the priority list right now.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

We have a dedicated Slack group of big dick convertible driving Xbox one gamers who like to shoot Mans. We use it to talk about gaming, life, babes, and hot pocket recipes. We also use it to coordinate hit squads in destiny, battlefield 1, and titanballs 2

If you want an invite to the group, send me a message here with your email or send a XBL message to Wrecks Box One with your forums name

sent an XBL message

also sorry to the poor goon whose message and game invites I missed last night. I played MWR for like three hours and then took a break to play Overwatch on PC with some dudes and left my console on in the background

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

You guys play other games besides Destiny? Crap, I bought this poo poo on PS4.

I miss the 360 days when everyone was on one platform.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Why didn't you respond? Did his spell work on you

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Lol drat you got owned

I got two hours into this earlier, I like it way more than I thought I would. I like how little the jetpacking matters.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Eh I had no desire to send any more messages to him. I just think hackusations on console are hilarious. Did my job repping scuf as I'm such an MLG pro tryhard, in fact I should probably have my own discount code.

Soul Glo posted:

I like how little the jetpacking matters.

Jetpacking is even more effective compared to Blops 3 due to the faster TTK.

Javes fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 5, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing some MWR now if anyone wants to join me.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm at my part time job, supposed to work until 10 but it's pretty dead so I'm most likely leaving soon. Save me a spot for shooting mans.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This game is a horrrible fuckfest of lovely connections and the fast TKK doesn't help.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The Banshee is good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The R.A.W is great and a good friend of mine.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Has anybody else been noticing lag so severe that the game looks as though it's running at like 5 FPS? This is unplayable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Welcome to my world.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Has anybody else been noticing lag so severe that the game looks as though it's running at like 5 FPS? This is unplayable.

Its an issue on the Xbone version for some reason. Activision is looking into it.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

So far my impression of this game is that it is the worst parts of Ghosts, AW, and BLOPS 3 rolled into one. Thank god for MWR.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Anyone getting Error Code: 32700 on MWR? I'm on Xbone

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Yo is this Success Probability in IW a thing? It keeps going down as I do more missions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

gently caress this brown and grey half-assed net-hosed lazy loving garbage.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
It's interesting cause I haven't had any of the Xbox lag so far. Not sure why when it seems widespread.

Playing disc copy on a 1tb og Xbone

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You're not actually playing on a disc bro. The first thing both consoles do when you insert it is install the entire game to your harddrive.
The only thing the disc is used for after that is authentication. Otherwise it's the same.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
beat the campaign, it was interesting to say the least. its alright even really good in parts but the main "chapters" feel to short for there own good. the side missions are decent though somewhat repetitive(though not mafia 3 level of repetitiveness) the story is alright(though it could have been longer and fleshed more stuff out) but your crew is cool and pretty likable. the game gets bleak as gently caress in the last 3rd(its basically if the last 5 min of MW1 were stretched out over 1 or 2 hours) but it works with the theme the game is going for. SDF could have been fleshed out more. their design is kinda cool but they dont do much other then be retardly evil and socialy darwinistic. Snow doesn't really do anything except kinda be there and evil.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

Mister Macys posted:

It'll grow on you! :sun:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The R.A.W is great and a good friend of mine.

Not seeing it

The Type 2 is a party animal though

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

I think the servers semi-collapsed there for a bit. Had a few games where everyone was stuttering and poo poo. Smoothed back out towards the end. I notice the lag more in IW, maybe because of the low TTK or else I just sort of got used to it in Blops after months. I seem to have more good games than bad though :shrug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Soul Glo posted:

Yep, had it in a bunch of matches tonight.

Had one amazing match where everything connected, went 15-5, even called in a warden for the first time ever, then back to 5-20 matches where even if I catch someone facing away from me they still have to time to turn around and melt me while I mag dump ineffectively.

I'm just gonna wait for a patch, game is honestly unplayable for me in this state, need to stop buying these drat games digitally.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Apart from the ludicrously short TTK, I'm really loving this game. All I ask is for BlOps 3 netcode and for people to shoot down UAVs.

Edit: Also, I love that you can hear your magazine hitting the floor when you reload.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 6, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Oh dear

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Can confirm that RPD plus Deep Impact plus Stopping Power is the best class in Modern Warfare still.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sometimes the Steel Dragon can be good?

https://giant.gfycat.com/YellowishBrilliantAlleycat.mp4

Since the stats in MWR are completely unchanged from CoD4, here are some of the weird stats that are in CoD4.
  • AK-47: red dot and silencer both reduce the minimum damage to 20
  • AK-74u: red dot and silencer increase the hipfire spread to AR spread instead of SMG spread; has AR bullet penetration instead of SMGS
  • SAW: grip reduces hipfire spread
  • MP5: equipping the M9 as your secondary gives you an extra magazine (same applies to the Uzi but don't use the Uzi)
  • G36: ADS sway is reduced when crouching or prone
  • M40: damage with ACOG increases to 75

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lazyfire posted:

Can confirm that RPD plus Deep Impact plus Stopping Power is the best class in Modern Warfare still.

I can't be bothered to use any gun other than an M16. It just feels like I'm wasting time and bullets when I'm not one-bursting mans (:quagmire:)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Godzilla07 posted:

Sometimes the Steel Dragon can be good?

https://giant.gfycat.com/YellowishBrilliantAlleycat.mp4

Since the stats in MWR are completely unchanged from CoD4, here are some of the weird stats that are in CoD4.
  • AK-47: red dot and silencer both reduce the minimum damage to 20
  • AK-74u: red dot and silencer increase the hipfire spread to AR spread instead of SMG spread; has AR bullet penetration instead of SMGS
  • SAW: grip reduces hipfire spread
  • MP5: equipping the M9 as your secondary gives you an extra magazine (same applies to the Uzi but don't use the Uzi)
  • G36: ADS sway is reduced when crouching or prone
  • M40: damage with ACOG increases to 75

Here's the best write up of MW mechanics and discrepancies

http://denkirson.blogspot.com/2012/09/call-of-duty-4_12.html?m=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Every time i use the steel dragon it feels like it takes 2 seconds to actually kill someone which is more than enough for them to kill me first.

• Locked thread