Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
That's a highly difficult name to market though, given all the properties and other things that use that term. A lot of people would buy it expecting Makoto to break into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

resurgam40 posted:

That's a highly difficult name to market though, given all the properties and other things that use that term. A lot of people would buy it expecting Makoto to break into this.

Maybe, the only noteworthy game to use the word is the 50 Cent one, and you'd have the benefit of it being two separate words instead.

At the very least I think it makes a better subtitle for the first game than "Trigger Happy Havoc".

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'll never understand why they didn't just call it "Danganronpa: Academy of Hope, Students of Despair", like both fan translations did (sorta), that being a nice, evocative and reasonably succinct though not snappy subtitle, with the added benefit of actually being a good literal translation of the actual Japanese title of the game.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Someone came up with "Bullet Rebuttal" during the first thread, which I like a lot.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: It's time to head to the party. As usual, there are a few people hanging around outside.

: Ibuki's out by the cottages.

: Oh! Are you also here for the par-tay?
: Why else would I be here? Anyway, what are you doing at a place like this?
: I'm doing a little exercise so I can enjoy all the yummy food we're gonna eat! I'm excited to eat Teruteru's cooking.
: Yeah, especially since he's the Ultimate Cook.

: Mikan and Peko are by the swimming pool.

: It's about time for the party... Hehe, I'm really excited...
: Ah, I'll do my best to not be in the way...! So...it's fine if I st-st-stay here, right...?
: Are you really worrying about...something like that?
: Y-Yes...!

: ...I let Fuyuhiko know about the party, but...he didn't look too pleased about it...

: Let's go inside.

So this is the old building... Compared to the hotel, it definitely looks worse for the wear...

: You're here...
: Now then, stand up straight and raise your arms.
: Why do I have to do that?

: Because I need to do a body check.
: B-Body check!?
: Since I'm the one hosting the party, it's necessary for me to take all possible security measures.
: I already promised that I would not allow even one person to become a victim...!
: I-I get it...

And so, I reluctantly raised my arms and stood up straight... Byakuya went ahead and thoroughly searched me, starting with my legs and working his way up...

: ...It appears you haven't brought anything dangerous.
: O-Of course I haven't!
: ...Very well. I shall allow you to enter.
: ...Hm?

It was at that moment that I noticed a strange item near where Byakuya was standing.

: ...Metal cases?

: Duralumin, actually. I found them at the supermarket... This one is used to store any dangerous items I find during body checks. The other one is for...
: ...Well, let's just say it's for emergencies only.
: ...What do you mean, "emergencies"?
: ...Don't worry about it. The others are already here, gathered at the dining hall in the back. Go there and wait...

As soon as he said that, Byakuya turned his back to me. I guess...that's the end of our talk, but... He's so cautious. I didn't expect him to perform a body check. And what did he mean by "emergencies only"...?

: ...

: The old building interior is a 3D space. Here's the map of the area.

: Let's have a look around. Seems like there's a front desk, though it's a little dusty and covered with spider webs.

: Fire extinguisher...

: Let's check out this office.

: Well, I immediately spotted the 4th Hidden Monokuma.

Is this the desk used by the staff for busywork? It looks like it's dusty. It's better if I don't touch it.

This is the remote control for the air conditioner.. I wonder if the filter is clean?

That's a circuit breaker... Why is it all the way up there? How's anyone supposed to reach it?

: Back in the hallway, there's a Toilet.

This bathroom...appears to be unisex... I don't need to go now. I should hurry over to the dining hall.

: Nekomaru is standing in the hall.

: There's a tantalizing aroma wafting from the kitchen...
: However, Byakuya will yell at me if I don't go straight to the dining hall. You should head over there as well.

: Hmm... These look kind of familiar, don't they?

: Let's check out the Kitchen.

: As expected, Teruteru is in here.

: Oh, did you need something? Don't worry, I've already prepared all of the dishes. Or rather... Did you want me to cook you up, too?
: Huh? What does that even mean?
: Mmhmhmhmhm...

There are a lot of different types of dishes. But this meat on the bone looks like something a caveman would eat. Where do you even get something like this?

: I'm hungry. I guess I should do to the dining hall.

: Sonia's standing around in the hallway towards the back of the building.

: So this is what the inside looks like. There are so many gaps in the wooden floor. Is that because it is so old?
: I must tread carefully so my feet do not stumble. My adventurous heart is pounding with excitement!

I guess when you're a princess, even little things seem exciting...

: Behind Sonia is a Storage Room.

These are irons. Were they used to prepare the tablecloth? If so, why do you need three...?

...I don't like how dusty it is in here.

There's a jumbled mass of stuff all stacked together... It doesn't look very organized.

: Alright that's enough exploration. Let's go to the party.

: Ah, Hajime! How do you like it?
: What do you mean?
: See? I decorated the whole dining hall for the party. I even laid out the carpet, too.
: ...Really? Even the carpet?

: Yep, I brought it from the supermarket.

That place...sure does seem to have everything.

: I actually wanted to cover the whole floor, but I guess the carpet wasn't big enough.

: There was a lot of dust and cobwebs all over the place, too. It took me all day to clean the dining hall just because of that.

There's no way I could handle being stuck cleaning the whole day...

: You're commendable, Nagito.
: ...Yeah, thanks.

: To progress the story we actually have to talk to everyone and examine everything in the room. Let's get started!

: ...Hey...what's up?

It's pointless... She's completely focused on the food.

: Even though that man is a lowly worm, it appears his cooking skills are most impressive, indeed... Nevertheless, even his food cannot stand against the gourmet cuisine of the multiverse...

: Man, that was so uncomfortable... Getting groped so thoroughly by a man, that was my worst nightmare...
: Oh, you mean the body check.
: Plus, he got super pissed and started yelling at me when he noticed I had a wrench with me... Seriously... How friggin' annoying...
: It's your fault for having a wrench in the first place.
: I just happened to find it at the airport. Carrying it around calms me down. But...Byakuya put it in that duralumin case of his.
: *sniffle*

There are a lot of fancy-looking party dishes on the tables toward the front.

: Even though it took me the entire day just to clean this hall... I'm glad everyone's so happy.

There are a lot of tasty-looking party dishes. Meat, fish... It's all there.

: ...Iron plates? That reminds me... I saw some similar-looking iron plates in the hallway too. But, why are there iron plates bolted onto the walls?
: ...All is not what it appears to be.
: ...Eh?

: One of my Four Devas, Supernova Silver Fox San-D, has seen what lies shrouded amidst the darkness...! Though that iron plate appears to be bolted to the wall, it's actually bolted over what's known as a "window".
: ...Window?
: There are no windows in this dining hall at all. I assume those iron plates are covering them.
: But...why are iron plates covering the windows?
: Hmph, San-D... It appears your fur is rustling more than usual today...
: Hey... Why are iron plates covering the windows...?
: Such a fine day... Countless lives gasp their first breath... And countless more go the way of all flesh...

I guess...he doesn't know. Well, this building is in the middle of a renovation, so I guess that might have something to do with it, but...this place sure has a creepy atmosphere because of that.

Such luxurious-looking party dishes. Looks tasty.

: That creep Byakuya rubbed his ham-hands all over me and called it a body check! More like sexual harassment!
: Th-That's not what it is... He did the same thing to the guys, too.
: Sooooo? I feel like he was getting frisky while he was frisking me.
: Eh...?
: Kyahaha! I'm pretty in demand, you know!

You're just kidding...

It's nice that there's an air conditioner, but the filter might need to be cleaned before we turn it on.

: ......I'm worried about Monokuma showing up.
: If he finds out we're having a party, there's no way he'll leave us alone...
: We gotta do something about it.
: ...You're right. We should do something.

: I wonder if someone can do something about it.
: Hmm, I wonder...
: I wonder...

...So we're on the same page, then? I'm not sure I understand.

: This old place sure is run-down. I feel bad Nagito went to all this trouble cleaning it.
: Even cleaning has its limits...
: See, check out the floorboards.

: Maybe the wood shrank because of deterioration? Don't these openings seem dangerous to you?
: You're right...
: Well, the carpet is spread out enough to cover most of the floor, so I guess it won't be that big of a deal...
: But it might be best to tell Mikan to be careful.
: Yeah, she *is* the type to trip over nothing.
: That's finally everything examined and everyone talked to.

Suddenly, we heard the voice of the "Ultimate Affluent Protagonist" ring throughout the dining hall.

: ...Thank you for waiting.

: Teruteru is in the kitchen, and...it appears Fuyuhiko did not come.
: I apologize. I did inform him about the party, but...
: It's not like you need to apologize, Peko. It's his fault for not coming...
: I explicitly stated that attendance was mandatory, but... It's fine... If just one person is absent, that shouldn't pose a problem. ...He won't be able to do anything.
: ...What do you mean by that?
: More importantly...hm?

Music cuts out.

: Hey, what is that!?

An intense expression spread across Byakuya's face as he looked at the table with various food dishes on it.

: ...Dangerous.

As he stomped his way toward the table...

: H-Hey! What are you doing!?

: You're hoggin' all the food! No fair!
: No, I'm not...!
: I don't care what you say, you're totally pigging out!
: I'm telling you, I'm not...! Look carefully at this dish.
: It looks like delicious roasted meat...
: ...And just what is stabbed into this roasted meat?
: ...Hm? It's an iron skewer.
: That's right. This iron skewer is definitely a dangerous item. I must take full responsibility and collect it!

: Teruteru arrives in the dining hall.

: Heeeey! Looks like everyone's here! I should go ahead and bring out the rest of the...huh?
: Whaaaaa-!? Some messy eater ruined my arrangement!
: Who made this dish?
: Th-That would be me, but...um... Are you a food critic...?
: What are you plotting? Cooking with such dangerous items...

: D-Dangerous...? That's churrasco, it's a South American meal where you stab meat on an iron skewer to cook it...
: It felt really tropical and exotic, so I thought it would totally fit the party's atmosphere.
: ...These iron skewers are a problem.
: Eh!? Iron skewers aren't allowed either!?

: If that's how you're acting, then there might be more skewers than just these...
: Hey...Hajime. Come with me. I need your help. *leaves*
: ...Wh-Why me!?

: It's your fault for standing right in front of him... My condolences...

Byakuya's face bore an intense expression as I reluctantly followed him out of the dining hall.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

"Ultimate Affluent Protagonist"

As amusing as that would be, I think Hajime has the prior claim on at least one part of that title.

Seems like there won't be a lot of pointy things around once Byakuya has his way. Did anyone search him, though?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Qrr posted:

"Ultimate Affluent Protagonist"

I assumed it was snark since Byakuya's taken such control of the situation. Monokuma gave him poo poo about playing protagonist in the first game, remember, this wouldn't be out of place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's some prime eating action

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

FPzero posted:

: Kyahaha! I'm pretty in demand, you know!
Oh please, just drop dead or something. I didn't think it was possible but you are pretty much on the same level as pervo chef in my eyes when it comes to being obnoxious.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Oh please, just drop dead or something. I didn't think it was possible but you are pretty much on the same level as pervo chef in my eyes when it comes to being obnoxious.

Was anyone in the first game besides Monokuma so cartoonishly evil before the first trial even started as these two?

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Sylphosaurus posted:

She's on my list to survive solely because I'm convinced shes being set up to be disliked only for the game to pull a switcheroo on us later on and make her not so bad...

Steve gets no benefit of the doubt there :colbert:

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Jimmy4400nav posted:

She's on my list to survive solely because I'm convinced shes being set up to be disliked only for the game to pull a switcheroo on us later on and make her not so bad...

She'll probably survive and still be a little poo poo to be honest. :v:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

And I can't help but feel Mikan would be less of a mess if Hiyoko isn't around to constantly belittle and demean her

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Robindaybird posted:

And I can't help but feel Mikan would be less of a mess if Hiyoko isn't around to constantly belittle and demean her

On the other hand, look at how everyone else reacts to Hiyoko putting down Mikan - one time one person said something about it but otherwise they just kind of let it happen.

The Ultimate Fanfic guy was pretty pervy, but he was only into 2D girls so it wasn't the same as Teruteru.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Qrr posted:

On the other hand, look at how everyone else reacts to Hiyoko putting down Mikan - one time one person said something about it but otherwise they just kind of let it happen.

The Ultimate Fanfic guy was pretty pervy, but he was only into 2D girls so it wasn't the same as Teruteru.

Hell, Hifumi killed someone because he thought they assaulted a girl. If he was here Teru's rear end would be grass which is something I never thought I'd say about Hifumi come to think of it.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Hell, Hifumi killed someone because he thought they assaulted a girl. If he was here Teru's rear end would be grass which is something I never thought I'd say about Hifumi come to think of it.
I can only image the slap fight these two would have.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
It seems not all of the possible weapons were put into the duraluminiminium cases. We got irons, shishkebabs, fire extinguishers...

SOME KID GONNA DIE TONIGHT, is what I'm saying...

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Cangelosi posted:

It seems not all of the possible weapons were put into the duraluminiminium cases. We got irons, shishkebabs, fire extinguishers...

SOME KID GONNA DIE TONIGHT, is what I'm saying...

I was hoping the first death would be like the first kill in Temple of Doom, but Byakuya had to confiscate the kebabs so it's probably not happening. :chef:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: All right... This is the kitchen. We have to thoroughly inspect it to make sure there are no dangerous items.
: Byakuya immediately enters the room after saying this, leaving no time to get the usual portrait picture.
: Thoroughly, huh...?

Byakuya stomped into the kitchen...and I followed after him.

: Let's get on with it, then. Search this place thoroughly.

As he issued that order, Byakuya began searching the whole kitchen from one end to the other.

: Look...I found these. There are forks and knives on that shelf.
: ...Don't tell me, those too?
: These are definitely dangerous items. If you're just eating, chopsticks are enough.

After he said that, Byakuya threw the forks and knives into the duralumin case, one after the other.

: You're being very thorough about this...

: Let's have a chat with Byakuya first.

: Hey, is it necessary to go this far?
: ...I'm doing this *because* it's necessary. If I'm to fulfill the promise I made to not let anyone become a victim, I must be extra vigilant.
: Really...is that all...?

: ...What do you mean?
: Well, I'm just assuming, but...I think something must've happened to you... After all, you decided to throw a party so suddenly. I can't help but think there's a reason for that...
: That's not it... I've been a distrustful person...for as long as I can remember.
: Distrustful person...?
: Hmph, I don't really like to talk about my past, but... It's fine, I'll just tell you a little bit of it.

: I cannot talk to others about my past... I suspect that my skeptical nature is partly to blame.

Byakuya...has a past he can't talk about...?

: Distrusting others...and being distrusted in turn... For a long time, my life has been a living hell. It was inevitable that I would end up this way.

: But, in this kind of situation, my skeptical nature might be of good use. If we're to survive here, skepticism is necessary at all costs.
: By the way... That past you mentioned...
: ...Now is not the time. However, one day... There will definitely be a time when I will be able to tell you about it.
: If nothing happens and time passes for us peacefully... I will have no choice but to talk.

Th-That sounded...pretty deep. I sort of feel like...things are even more mysterious now...because he hasn't told me the whole story... This guy...might have a deep mystery hidden within him, deeper than I thought he'd have...

: Hey, enough with the unnecessary banter. We'd better hurry and find the rest of those dangerous items.
: Y-Yeah... Got it...

Even so, he sure works us hard. That's...probably more in line with his actual personality, I bet.

There appear to be various types of knives, but these...

: Out of the question! Knives are far too dangerous! Hand then over to me. I'll safeguard them.

Byakuya grabbed the knife from my hand, and threw it into the duralumin case with the rest... Of course.

Um... This paper is...

: I see... It appears to be an equipment list for the kitchen.

20 forks, 20 knives, 20 spoons, 5 iron skewers, 3 frying pans, 20 wine glasses... There are also iron plates for barbecue...and even a portable stove for cooking hotpots.

: Iron plates and a portable stove... I do recall seeing them on the shelf over there. This kitchen seems to be well kept. There should be no problems using it.
: Though the building is old, the kitchen is impressive. Compared to a normal restaurant, it's not too shabby.
: But it's strange... One of the items on the list seems to be short by one...

Chinese, Japanese, French, and Italian cuisine... Seafood dishes, too... There's even a huge piece of meat on the bone...! That Teruteru...he sure got fired up. I don't even know if I'd be able to eat that much food...

: It seems there are no dangerous items--like that skewer in the churrasco earlier--inside that pile of food.
: That...appears to be the case...

Phew, I wouldn't have known what to do if he said fish bones and meat bones were also dangerous items...

: Huuuuhhhh!?

: Wah, the kitchen's a mess! What happened here!?
: Don't raise your annoying voice... I just removed all the dangerous items.
: Ah, there are no knives or forks! Why!? How come!?
: I literally just said that I removed all of the dangerous items.

: Don't tell me...you're treating cooking utensils like dangerous items?
: Well...most of the dishes are finished. All I gotta do is arrange the plates, so it's not a problem, but...but...but still!
: Waaaaaaaaaaah! Hajime!
: St-Stop it! Get off me!
: Eh? Not into that sort of thing? Well, that's a little depressing.

Trust me...I'm the one who's depressed here.

: Hey... Before you start getting all flirty, explain this. I checked the equipment list and there seems to be one iron skewer missing...
: Ah, that's right... As far as I know, that's been missing from the start.
: No matter how clean this place gets...stuff is still bound to go missing in an old building, right?
: If it's been missing all along...we can't really do anything about it, right?

: You're right... There's no place to hide such a long skewer, anyway... Very well...all I need to do is keep a watchful eye.
: Don't tell me you plan to...keep a watchful eye all night long?
: All right, let's go back. The others should be waiting for us.
: Okay...

...Jeez, he's such a pushy leader.

: Ah, they're finally back!
: Hey, let's eat already! I'm starvin'!
: ...There's still an issue we need to address first.
: Eh? An issue?

: Who do I gotta beat the crap outta? Just say the word, I'll do it for ya!
: That won't be necessary...

: The issue is where to safeguard this duralumin case that has all the confiscated dangerous items.
: Can't we just leave it here?
: I've already put a lock on the case, so it shouldn't be a problem, but...we should definitely up the security and keep it some place safe.
: Some place safe... Oh! There is a storage room at the back of this old building.
: A storage room, huh? ...Even so, we can't leave the case alone in there.

: Then someone should guard it. That would keep it safe, yes?
: Eh? Who? Who?
: ...I'll do it, of course.
: Eh, are you sure...? I guess...if you insist. Just kidding...!

: But it'll be lonely there by yourself.
: I don't mind... I'm really not that good in situations where I have to be around lots of people anyway.
: Nahaha, if I wrote a song about this, the title would definitely be "Lonely Girl in the Storage Room."
: However, Teruteru has gone to the trouble of cooking... Is it all right for me to bring some of it with me?
: Yeah, that's totally fine!

: But...if you're going to do guard duty anyway, it might be better if you avoid the storage room.
: Eh? Why is that?
: Well, not only is the storage room packed with lots of stuff, it's hard to see in there and full of cobwebs...
: Also, I was so busy cleaning the dining hall that I didn't even have time to clean the storage room.
: If you stayed in there for a long time...I think it would be bad for your health.

: In that case... Why don't you guard it in the office? If I recall correctly, there's also a circuit breaker in there, too. It'd be a good idea to guard that as well.
: Yeah, the office sounds nice. I'm pretty sure it's not that dirty, either.
: ...Understood. So I need to be on guard duty at the office. Then, I should get going. Have fun tonight, everyone. *leaves*

Taking with her the duralumin case and a plate piled with food, Peko left the dining hall...

: Mmm, seeing Peko's back as she walks away makes me feel like she's got this super cool, melancholy vibe...
: But shouldn't she have taken that other case with her, too?
: This... No, this case is fine.
: Ah, no fair! You're, like, the only one who got to bring their own stuff.
: When you're as special as me...you get special privileges.

: When you put it that way...it's hard to argue with you.
: This duralumin case stays with me at all times. I've put the key to the other case in here as well. I will take full responsibility for watching over it. There's no way I can let anyone else handle this matter.
: M-More importantly... We're all done now, right? Let's start the party...

: No, there's still more.
: Ugh, who do you want me to beat the crap outta!? Hurry up and tell me already!
: Seriously, it has nothing to do with that...
: Actually...if you're volunteering, I do have one particular nuisance in mind.
: Huh? Are you talking about...?
: Monokuma, of course. He's the one thing that could obviously disrupt this party.

: Awwww riiiiight! So you'll let me eat if I beat the crap outta Monokuma, right!?
: Wait a sec... If you actually pick a fight with that thing, you're just going to end up perforated...
: Are you tellin' me to wait till I starve to death!?
: St-Starve to death!? That's a little extreme...!
: Our opponent is not someone we can just fight. Rather, it's better if we use our heads and think of a plan...

: ...I'll do something about it.
: Do something...? You...?
: Hey now... What can a girl like you do? You're just gonna put yourself in danger.
: I won't. It's not like I'll personally do something.
: You won't...?

: ...Do you intend to utilize Monomi?
: Yeah, if I can talk her into helping us... She might be able to keep Monokuma at bay...at least, that's what I think.
: Ah, that's probably a good idea! She looks like the type that's easily manipulated!
: Plus, Monomi and Monokuma totally have a rivalry going on!
: Well, it's a pretty one-sided rivalry.
: But will you really be okay, Chiaki? I still think it's dangerous...

: I'll be fine. If things get dangerous, I'll just run away as fast as I can. ...Well then, I'll be going now. *leaves*

What is this feeling...? I feel somewhat uneasy... It's not like I have a bad feeling about this, but... Something feels...off...

: S-So, it's all settled, right? Then can we...
: ...You're right. Let's begin.

: ALLLLLL RIIIIIIGHT!
: Kehehe... So, the "banquet" has finally commenced...
: Fuhahaha! You better keep me entertained!

And with that, the party started...

Now that I think about it, I still don't understand why we're even having a party in the first place... But whatever the reason, everyone seems to be having fun.

: Hey, are we good? Can I finally eat?
: You're already eating!
: Haha...hahaha... I-I can't stop... Hahahaha! I can't stop my hands from shovin' food in my face!
: Well, of course you can't stop. These are the world's tastiest party dishes, after all. No matter how full you feel, you can't help but continue eating such exquisite delicacies... That is what I cook, the world's tastiest dishes!
: Th-That's rather scary...
: ...You're not eating? Then I'm gonna eat all this by myself!
: I'll make lots more in the kitchen, and then I'll bring it all out here, okay?
: Hey everyone! While we're at it, why don't I take pictures for you guys?
: Wow, that sounds wonderful! Please do!

*Snap!*

*Snap!*

This...feels weird...

When I first came to this island, watching everyone have fun was so frustrating... But now, it feels reassuring. We're actually "friends" who fight together... Friends who've developed a sense of unity...

: Ng...gh... Muuuuuughhhhhhh....!
: Hm, Nekomaru? Did something happen?
: Th-The party's just started, but... I...must...return to my c-cottage...!
: Don't be foolish... I won't allow such selfish actions.
: Don't stop me, Byakuya... There comes a time when a man knows he's gotta go...! If I don't go now...it would shame me as a man.

: making GBS threads my pants would totally shame me as a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
: ...So he *was* talking about the toilet!
: If you need to use the bathroom, there's one in this old building. Why do you need to go back to your cottage?
: I-I've been trying to use it many times...but the door just won't open at all!

: Wh-What is this blasphemy...!?
: ...What now?
: M-My Hell Hound Earring...has disappeared! Did it vanish into subspace!?
: Calm down... You probably just dropped it somewhere.
: Oh poo poo! I'm gonna SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!
: Shut up! Don't you dare!

: Heeeey, is it really all right if I eat all of this?
: D-Don't be an idiot! Make sure you leave some for me!

: Heeeey Byakuya! Everyone c'mon! I'm gonna take a picture! All right, say "cheeeeeeeeese!"

*Snap!*

: Hey! Why can't you all act a little more mature...?

*Beep beep!*

: ...Hm? What was that sound just now?

*Bzzap!*

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Uh oh, I've seen enough cliche murder mysteries to know a "black out and then murder" scenario.

My one hope is that its Steve who gets schiskabobed.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Uh oh, I've seen enough cliche murder mysteries to know a "black out and then murder" scenario.

My one hope is that its Steve who gets schiskabobed.

What are you talking about? It is just going to be a temporary outage to hide the fact that Steve is going to bring out a delicious cake for everyone.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Oh, is it time to light the candles on the cake? Whose birthday is it?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Monomi of course. With a special presentation from Monokuma. You see for all those voting in the death pool this entire game is an elaborate hoax and the rest of the game is anime hijinks and a dating sim.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Mikan is gonna trip and somehow someone is gonna die because of it. I hope it's Steve.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Man, if that was the power going out Peko is going to be suspect #1 pretty quick.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

: Oh poo poo! I'm gonna SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

I'm glad that that made it through the localization :allears:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Logicblade posted:

Mikan is gonna trip and somehow someone is gonna die because of it. I hope it's Steve.

If Mikan falls and Steve gets a nosebleed so bad he dies from it, does Mikan count as the murderer?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Someone was killed by an earring.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Byakuya is going to be pissed.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

And here I was thinking yakuza guy had eaten it off screen for several updates now.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

And here I was thinking yakuza guy had eaten it off screen for several updates now.

Maybe he did, and this is a work.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

I don't want to doubt our boy Byakuya, but I'm slightly concerned about what's in the second box

FoolyCharged posted:

This, basically :(

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Bzzap!*

... ...

Huh...? It's dark...all of a sudden...?

Female Voice 1: Uwah! It's a b-blackout!

B-Blackout... Eh!? A blackout!?

Male Voice 1: Hey, I can't see anything!

In that instant, as we stumbled around in the darkness, our fear swallowed us up like a flood.

Female Voice 2: I-It's pitch black! My future is pitch black!

The sounds of screams and frantic footsteps rang throughout the dark dining hall and were immediately swallowed up by another sound.

Female Voice 1: E-Everyone, calm down! We gotta stay calm in a situation like this!

Female Voice 3: Waaaah! Don't step on my feet!

Male Voice 2: What the hell!? What's going on here!?

Because the windows were entirely covered, the blackout surrounded us with complete darkness. Complete darkness. Therefore...no matter how long I wait, there's no way my eyes will adjust.

Male Voice 2: Th-This is...!

Male Voice 3: Ow!

Female Voice 4: Turn the drat lights on! I can't eat like this, y'know!

Male Voice 4: You guys? Where are you? W-Wasn't the blackout...just in the kitchen?

Female Voice 5: Perhaps the breaker overloaded?

Male Voice 1: H-Hold on a sec! I'll go along the wall and...do something about it...!

Within the darkness, we fervently waited to be released from our fear. We anxiously waited...and after a while, it finally...

Music fades out.

*Zap!*

: Ah...!

At that moment, when the lights in the dining hall finally turned back on... A shocking scene unfolded before our eyes.

: Th-That is...!

Mikan's appearance had been...compromised...

: I-I'm sorry! I tripped again!
: S-Seriously...? How do you trip and land like *that*!?
: Yaaaay, an erotic pose! That's obviously a fanservice moment!
: Eek... Nooooo... P-Please don't! Please don't look at me!
: Eeeeeeee-hehehehe! I can't take this at all...!
: Mahiru! It's time to snatch some shots!
: Th-There's no way I can do that!
: Hyeh... Please forgive me...! Just forgive me...alreaaaadyyyyy!
: E-Everyone...I think it would be best if we help her already.

: Uyu...*hic*...ugh... Ughhhhh...
: I'm terribly sorry for all this trouble...so sorry!
: Yeah, from now on...just be careful.

: Oh, I'm glad! The lights are back on here, too!
: So you were the one who fixed the breaker, Kazuichi! You were unusually useful this time!
: Well, no...I couldn't find my way to the office with the circuit breaker...
: Eh? Then why are the lights back on?
: Who knows...

: Don't "who knows" me! You're so useless!
: Argh! It's not my fault, you know! There's no way I could've found my way to the office in that darkness!
: ...Oh my.
: Sonia...did something happen?

: No... Byakuya is missing. Did he go somewhere?
: ...Eh? Byakuya?

Music fades out.

We immediately looked around the dining hall. Sure enough... Byakuya, who promised he would lead us in situations like this, was nowhere to be found.

: Th-That's weird... He was here earlier...right?
: Did he run off somewhere...during the blackout?
: In that pitch blackness...?

: I'm...a little worried. We should split up and go look for him. I'll look in the storage room, so can I ask you to check the entrance, Hajime?
: Y-Yeah, got it...
: Then...I guess I'll go look in the office.
: I shall go look around the hallway.
: I'll wait here, since I'm kinda in the middle of eatin' anyway...

She's still gonna eat while this is going on...?

: I-I must... Bathroom...
: I must man up and check the bathroom! *leaves*

I don't understand this..."man up" thing.

: Jeez. Mr. Ham Hands ran away just because there was an itty bitty blackout...
: Hehe... Such a shameful leader. If I find him, I'm gonna finger-flick him in the face as punishment... *leaves*

Even so...where did Byakuya go?

Um...I believe I have to go check the entrance. I'm pretty sure Chiaki was there.

: Let's have a look around before we go outside.

: This door... Is this the storage room...?

*Creak*

: N-Nagito...!
: Ah, sorry to surprise you!
: O-Oh yeah... You were looking around in there.
: Yeah...Byakuya isn't here. I wonder where he is?

: Maybe the kitchen?

: Man, that blackout totally surprised me... I was totally right to think these podunk facilities are lame.
: Since this place is still part of the hotel, wouldn't you assume it get enough electricity? But even so, for the circuit breaker to actually fail...
: Jeez...I've decided that there's no way I'll ever be able to live the crude, country bumpkin life.

: Nuuuuughhh...
: Wh-What are you doing? Weren't you going to use the bathroom?
: Y-Yes, but...it appears someone else is using it... And...the door's been shut since before the party even started...
: drat you! The bathroom is for everyone! How dare you hog it!!!
: Someone's been using the bathroom since before the party even started?
: That's what it looks like... No matter how many times I check, it never seems to be open...

: Th-This is bad! Oh shiiiiit!!! I'm going to SHIIIIIIIIIIT!!!
: Gwah-wah-wah-wah! The more I try to hold it in, the more it wants to come out!
: H-Hold it in... C'mon, you can do it...!

Even so...that's a long time to be in the bathroom. Who's in there? If they've been in there since before the party started, it can't be Byakuya.

: Let's see for ourselves.

*Clatter clatter*

It's not opening... It seems someone is in there.

: As expected. Let's check the office.

: It's just what it looks like...Byakuya's not here. In fact, *nobody* is here. Doesn't that seem odd?
: Huh... Now that you mention it, wasn't Peko supposed to be in this room?
: I know, right? Isn't it weird...? Why's she missing, too?

: I have searched the hallway, but...there is no sign of Byakuya. Where did he go? Is he outside?
: ...I haven't looked yet. I'll go check.

Chiaki and Monomi are standing in front of the entrance. I guess they're watching out for Monokuma...

: Huh, Hajime...what about the party?
: Ha-wa-wa! It's not done yet, right!? I haven't even joined in yet!
: Hey, Chiaki...did you happen to see Byakuya pass by here?

: Byakuya? Nope, I didn't. But...what happened to Byakuya?
: There was a sudden blackout inside the old building and...Byakuya vanished during that time. So...we thought he might have gone outside, but...
: ...Nope, nobody came out.

If nobody came out...does that mean he's still inside?

: ...If that's the case, we might have missed each other.
: ...That's what I think.

: Ah, Hajime! How'd it go?
: Well, when I talked to Chiaki, she said he didn't go outside...
: Th-That's weird... No one was inside the storage room either.
: He wasn't in the kitchen, obviously.
: No one was in the office...
: ...Nobody was in the office?

: Huh? What about Peko? I thought she was supposed to be guarding that area.
: Well...actually, not even Peko was there.
: ...Eh? Peko's gone too?
: Maybe those two took advantage of the blackout to have themselves a major makeout session in the bathroom...?
: *snort* *snort* Truly, truly outrageous!

: ...Hm? Hmmmm?
: Did something happen, Akane?
: Well... Do any of you...smell somethin'...?
: Wh-When partially digested food is absorbed by the small intestine, it's decomposed by bacteria, releasing gas...which is mostly absorbed in the intestinal tract, but whatever cannot be absorbed is excreted from the anus.
: Th-Those are the mechanics of farting... But...farting isn't something to be embarrassed about!
: No, I'm not talkin' about that...

Music cuts out.

: ...It smells like blood.
: ...Blood!?
: *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff*

As Akane's nose twitched like a beast's, she suddenly pointed.

: It's comin' from over there...!

A table...at the very back of the dining hall.

: The smell of blood... What in the world...is at that table...?
: It's...under there...!
: Under...the table?

I dashed toward the table at the back, reached out toward the tablecloth...and then I stopped.

...Is this nervousness? Fear?

Wh-Why...why am I nervous...?

It can't be. It obviously can't be.

: There's no way that's gonna happen!

With a shout, I grabbed the tablecloth and flipped it back in one go.

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

For the rest of my life...I will never forget what I saw.

What I saw...

I saw...the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, Byakuya Togami...already dead...and beyond recognition.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 9, 2016

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
And I already lost one of my bets for surviving the dead pool.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Figures he'd be the first to go. Can't have the audience knowing something the characters don't in a murder mystery.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Rest in peace you corpulent bully. You were my favorite last game.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
All that heroic, courageous eating...for nothing... :negative:

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Urgh, I want to say something, but because I know how this turns out I can't.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Motherfuckin' Fat Togami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Other thoughts:
1 spy down, probably 2 to go.
Yakuza is the only one capable of being in the bathroom during the party, everyone else is accounted for.
Sword chick is still missing, we might be opening on a double murder

• Locked thread