Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Don't Tell Her It's Me is the one where Steve Guttenberg is Ziggy, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'd rather they did FF 2015 because that's the platonic ideal of "barely a movie"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Calaveron posted:

I'd rather they did FF 2015 because that's the platonic ideal of "barely a movie"

It's less than that and has no meat or bones at all to really turn an episode on it though?

There's guys with guns, they're dying. A woman looking sad. All of a sudden EVA third impact???

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 3, 2016

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I guess it'd be interesting from the perspective of what happened behind the scenes but it'd be less interesting from just a sheer bad movie perspective IMO, it's just a movie that's clearly all chopped up and incomplete
I'd also say it's one of those movies to get trapped in an internet critic feedback loop where everyone outraced themselves to talk about how it was the worst. comic. book. ever. when it just felt sad/empty/incomplete to me and had the IMO unfortunate effect of killing Josh Trank's career before it really got a chance to breathe

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
The first half of FF2015 is pretty good, honestly. Solid body horror and good performances all around. Last half is.. not good.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I guess it'd be interesting from the perspective of what happened behind the scenes but it'd be less interesting from just a sheer bad movie perspective IMO, it's just a movie that's clearly all chopped up and incomplete
I'd also say it's one of those movies to get trapped in an internet critic feedback loop where everyone outraced themselves to talk about how it was the worst. comic. book. ever. when it just felt sad/empty/incomplete to me and had the IMO unfortunate effect of killing Josh Trank's career before it really got a chance to breathe

Unlike most "worst. movies. ever.", where the internet continually harps on it, it was basically forgotten shortly after it came out.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Corek posted:

Unlike most "worst. movies. ever.", where the internet continually harps on it, it was basically forgotten shortly after it came out.

WHM needs to do more of the off the wall superhero movies that came before the big Marvel boom. The Shadow was a really fun episode with a surprising amount of insane concepts/actions going on in the background. Something like the The Phantom or Blankman would be right up their ally.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mexican prime minister?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
After Eartha Kitt in Ernest Scared Stupid and Julie Newmar in Ghosts Can't Do It, is there a terrible movie Lee Meriwether was in the guys could do for the show? :v:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SilentChaz posted:

After Eartha Kitt in Ernest Scared Stupid and Julie Newmar in Ghosts Can't Do It, is there a terrible movie Lee Meriwether was in the guys could do for the show? :v:

Metal Gear Solid 4

HEYO!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

SilentChaz posted:

A very special episode dedicated to "The Munsters Today."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
We love movies batman 66

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Misunderstood what movie Calaveron was talking about and am glad no one seems to know what I was describing.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

A very special episode dedicated to "The Munsters Today."

When they run out of horror franchises for the Spooktacular, they could do an On-Screen about The Munsters Today.

(There's what, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre... and that's it, isn't it?)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

SilentChaz posted:

When they run out of horror franchises for the Spooktacular, they could do an On-Screen about The Munsters Today.

(There's what, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre... and that's it, isn't it?)

man my biggest point of contention with an episode is their mockery of New Nightmare, which was the only good Nightmare on Elm Street sequel. Luckily, I know that It's Okay To Like a Movie.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i would love to see them do Texas chainsaw massacre 3D, it came out 3-4 years ago and it tried to make leather face and the evil cannibal family good guys and the people who did mob justice on a pack of inbreed monsters as baddies. but it too new for them unless they do it on some live show or if they just straight up break the rule.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 6, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Cyron posted:

i would love to see them do Texas chainsaw massacre 3D, it came out 3-4 years ago and it tried to make leather face and the evil cannibal family good guys and the people who did mob justice on a pack of inbreed monsters as baddies. but it too new for them unless they do it on some live show or if they just straight up break the rule.

They mentioned it before and I believe they described it as dogshit.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

SilentChaz posted:

Don't worry, there's a shockingly high number of horror films that spawned bloated franchises with both insane and pitiful sequels. Off the top of my head there's Hellraiser which I'm sure they've mentioned on a few episodes, The Howling (Crossover with werewolves and things?), Romero's of the dead films, that one with the killer puppets (the puppet master?) there were like six of them they even had a Freddy versus Jason style crossover. Oh and Tremors those last are particularly horrifying. :rimshot:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I genuinely enjoy the first two Wishmaster flicks, but I'd love to hear the gang rip into 'em. 3 and 4 not so much, if only because then they would have to watch Wishmaster 3 and 4, and I wouldn't inflict that on my worst enemy.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'd like them to do Hellraiser 3 which is when the series officially jumped into poo poo town

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Squallege posted:

I'd like them to do Hellraiser 3 which is when the series officially jumped into poo poo town

Yeah, that's the only Hellraiser I'd like them to cover. It's bad, but Doug Bradley hams it up in a hilarious way. After that, they aren't even Fun Bad.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Baka-nin posted:

Off the top of my head there's Hellraiser which I'm sure they've mentioned on a few episodes

Including saying they would never do an On-Screen for it in the middle of the Halloween one, haha.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Baka-nin posted:

that one with the killer puppets (the puppet master?) there were like six of them

There's been 10 with two more annouced. That series will not die.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

frgildan posted:

There's been 10 with two more annouced. That series will not die.

I don't get it. I watched the first one recently and it was legit terrible. How is that poo poo still going?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I don't get it. I watched the first one recently and it was legit terrible. How is that poo poo still going?
Well you see, in the third one they fight nazis

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Speaking of puppets, I just remembered Child's Play.

Then immediately wanted to forget Child's Play.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Child's Play was awful but I want an episode on Bride of Chucky, even if it's not nearly as bad of a film.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crowetron posted:

I genuinely enjoy the first two Wishmaster flicks, but I'd love to hear the gang rip into 'em. 3 and 4 not so much, if only because then they would have to watch Wishmaster 3 and 4, and I wouldn't inflict that on my worst enemy.

Every time someone talks about The Wishmaster I keep thinking it's this movie:

It's also awful and the gang should do an episode on it. Or maybe a Very Special Animation Damnation

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I watched that movie a lot as a kid

There was a videogame advertised in the trailers on the VHS that I really wanted to play back then, though I'm sure it's abysmal.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Every time someone talks about The Wishmaster I keep thinking it's this movie:

It's also awful and the gang should do an episode on it. Or maybe a Very Special Animation Damnation

the very concept of a movie about reading books is so ridiculous. Also christopher lloyd second billed in a movie in 1994

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is still Macauly Culkin's best role:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CXD8PK6Djc

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corek posted:

the very concept of a movie about reading books is so ridiculous. Also christopher lloyd second billed in a movie in 1994

You'll be singing a different tune once I get my Reading Rainbow movie greenlit

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Misunderstood what movie Calaveron was talking about and am glad no one seems to know what I was describing.

What were you describing?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The Pagemaster would be an incredible episode and they should absolutely do it.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Baka-nin posted:

Don't worry, there's a shockingly high number of horror films that spawned bloated franchises with both insane and pitiful sequels. Off the top of my head there's Hellraiser which I'm sure they've mentioned on a few episodes, The Howling (Crossover with werewolves and things?), Romero's of the dead films, that one with the killer puppets (the puppet master?) there were like six of them they even had a Freddy versus Jason style crossover. Oh and Tremors those last are particularly horrifying. :rimshot:

Not to mention the Witchcraft series, which went 13 movies strong, and slowly devolved from an entertaining mid-budget schlock-fest to full-on shot on shitteo.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Didn't like the Ghosts Can't Do It episode much. some nice bits but I couldn't follow the plot or who the characters were. That made it hard to follow. Maybe the movie was a mess but I think the team could have been a bit more disciplined and the nuttiness of the plot would have been effective. Too many tangents, a bit long.

Grade: B-

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Metal Gear Solid 4

HEYO!

Why here? Wearing an eyepatch?

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

My rebinge of the WHM archive has reintroduced me to The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking, which remains one of my favourite episodes. They're really good at explaining what's weird or bad about a movie without you having to watch it. A number of WHM episodes are on movies that aren't the typical trash fires that everyone in the Bad Movie Sphere knows about. They're the mediocre-to-bad failures that time forgot and when WHM does an episode on them, that's when they're skills really shine. I don't think WHM can truly have a bad episode because of how good they are.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DoubleCakes posted:

My rebinge of the WHM archive has reintroduced me to The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking, which remains one of my favourite episodes. They're really good at explaining what's weird or bad about a movie without you having to watch it. A number of WHM episodes are on movies that aren't the typical trash fires that everyone in the Bad Movie Sphere knows about. They're the mediocre-to-bad failures that time forgot and when WHM does an episode on them, that's when they're skills really shine. I don't think WHM can truly have a bad episode because of how good they are.

Yeah I like it best when they cover mediocre movies that everyone thought were good at the time, like Face/Off and My Best Friend's Wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

DoubleCakes posted:

"You'll get the chair, Pippi! THE CHAIR!"