Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

You're triggering me here.

- MiniFoo

>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>
>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>
>
>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>
>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>
>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>
>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>
>>
>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails. :)
>>
>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>
>>Just give it a try! :)
>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>
>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>
>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>
>>
>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

MiniFoo posted:

You're triggering me here.

- MiniFoo

>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>
>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>
>
>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>
>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>
>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>
>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>
>>
>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails. :)
>>
>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>
>>Just give it a try! :)
>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>
>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>
>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>
>>
>

you're a god drat monster, you know that?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

DigitalMocking posted:

gently caress Skype for Business.

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm testing the preview of Skype for Business at the moment. CallKit is a really impressive API, and it finally makes VoIP worth doing on a mobile device.

The app still can't text chat for poo poo but the iOS integration is seamless. The question is whether replacing lovely VoIP implementation with Skype will lead to less problems, or just different ones.

I don't trust Microsoft to deliver after we committed top windows phones because we thought Microsoft MDM was actually going to be a thing.
I certainly wouldn't trust them with my phone system. It's just too drat easy to build your own PBX.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 4, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Man stole my joke.

I'd actually never seen that until I started using Touchdown and it took probably a couple of weeks of "why are people putting J and L at the end of a paragraph" to really parse what I was seeing.

SeaborneClink posted:

Welcome to Office on OS X MacOS. :suicide:

IS THAT WHAT THAT IS?

drat. I've been seeing that more and more and had no idea what it meant. Obviously, it didn't bug me enough to actually Google it and find out what the hell it meant.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

SeaborneClink posted:

Welcome to Office on OS X MacOS. :suicide:

macOS

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
>
>>
>>>
>>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>>
>>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>>
>>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>>
>>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>>
>>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>>
>>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>>
>>>
>>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails. :)
>>>
>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>>
>>>Just give it a try! :)
>>>
>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>
>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>
>>
>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>
>You're triggering me here.
>
>- MiniFoo
>

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this

hihifellow fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 4, 2016

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>>
>>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>>
>>>
>>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>>
>>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>>
>>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>>>
>>>>Just give it a try! :)
>>>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>>
>>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>>
>>>
>>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>>
>>You're triggering me here.
>>
>>- MiniFoo
>>
>On Nov. 4th at 6:01 PM, hihifellow wrote:
>
>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this

Please remove me from this email.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>>>
>>>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>>>
>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>>>
>>>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>>>
>>>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>>>
>>>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails. :)
>>>>>
>>>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>>>>
>>>>>Just give it a try! :)
>>>>>
>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>>>
>>>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>>>
>>>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>>>
>>>You're triggering me here.
>>>
>>>- MiniFoo
>>>
>>
>>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this
>
>Please remove me from this email.

UNSUBSCRIBE

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Sheep posted:

>
>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works! :)
>>>>
>>>>Just give it a try! :)
>>>>
>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>>
>>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>>
>>>
>>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>>
>>You're triggering me here.
>>
>>- MiniFoo
>>
>On Nov. 4th at 6:01 PM, hihifellow wrote:
>
>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this

Please remove me from this email.

This happened at my company 2 weeks ago. Several thousand people in a mailing list that everyone could reply at.

It stopped being funny after 200 mails of people:
1) asking to be removed
2) telling others not to reply all, while replying to all.

This was followed by memes. Hundreds of them.

In TYOOL 2016 :negative:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

This happened at my company 2 weeks ago. Several thousand people in a mailing list that everyone could reply at.

It stopped being funny after 200 mails of people:
1) asking to be removed
2) telling others not to reply all, while replying to all.

This was followed by memes. Hundreds of them.

In TYOOL 2016 :negative:

All,

Please do the needful and circle back to reengage before putting a pin in it.

Best,
gently caress You

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Iso. ISO!!!!!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Unsubscribe me from this thread!!!!!!!

This last page is the worst text adventure I've ever played. Eagerly awaiting being eaten by a grue so I can rest in peace.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 5, 2016

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Voted one; still subscribed??

Ask: Please advise and revert.

Seasons blessings,

SeaborneClink

Please consider this environment before printing the post.

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

SeaborneClink posted:

Voted one; still subscribed??

Ask: Please advise and revert.

Seasons blessings,

SeaborneClink

Please consider this environment before printing the post.

Doing the needful.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
>>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>>>>
>>>>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>>>>
>>>>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Just give it a try!
>>>>>>
Is this like, "Smile on the phone, they can hear it!" ?
>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>>>>
>>>>You're triggering me here.
>>>>
>>>>- MiniFoo
>>>>
>>>
>>>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this
Why?
>>
>>Please remove me from this email.
>
>UNSUBSCRIBE

See my comments inline.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I don't think I've ever wanted to be more drunk than I am now, and I'm getting my stomach pumped. Thanks thread.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
User sent an all staff email announcing she was going to be out of the office for a few days. Another user then send an all staff email announcing he was going to be out for a few days too.

C-level sends an email in response and i thought all hell was going to break loose with bitch fits and unsubscribe requests. Turns out the response went only to me asking to address this at the next tech committee meeting so we can correct culture behavior before it gets out of control.

I almost wept from joy.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
hello all i am on a chain letter?? EOM

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

It's just too drat easy to build your own PBX.

Sort of. Bringing up a PBX, connecting a SIP trunk and some endpoints is easy. It's exposing the more advanced features to the endpoints and then being able to deploy the endpoints that becomes a nightmare that is worth making someone else's problem. From what I have seen from Skype and the partnership with Polycom, everything seems to be getting done in the right way.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Thanks Ants posted:

Sort of. Bringing up a PBX, connecting a SIP trunk and some endpoints is easy. It's exposing the more advanced features to the endpoints and then being able to deploy the endpoints that becomes a nightmare that is worth making someone else's problem. From what I have seen from Skype and the partnership with Polycom, everything seems to be getting done in the right way.

As someone with a global Skype for Business deployment which uses Polycom phones and another third party trusted app, please let me speak this clearly for you:

gently caress
BUSINESS

It's all the worst parts of SIP voodoo and Microsoft server voodoo all wrapped up into one poorly designed interface.

Let me give you two recent examples:

From just last week: I have a very simple mobile client policy, it's the default that was updated in the June 2016 CU for SfB. This is global for all sites, all users. About two weeks ago, anyone assigned to the Brisbane AU pool that was using an iOS device was getting the message "you must update your client to the latest version" when they tried to connect. Nothing in the event logs. Nothing useful in the client logs. I gathered a bunch of logging with their new and awful logging tool and tried finding the error, never did. Finally wrapped everything up and sent it off to our SfB support VAR. A week of back and forth, more logs, they're stumped. I decided to have one more go of troubleshooting on Thursday, fire up my iOS testing device, and it logs in fine. Starts working for all of the users down there as well, except for the ONE GUY who can't use search for contacts for no reason that's ever logged. gently caress Skype for Business.

Three weeks ago: Client calls through one of our remote pools were failing after 30 seconds. Every call would drop, SfB was reporting that the client ended the call, clients were reporting that SfB ended the call. Almost a week of troubleshooting. Replacing certs, checking deployment, combing over everything. Our VAR was stumped, so we used one of our vouchers and opened a case with Microsoft and got it escalated. SfB engineer at MS had no idea, his final solution to fix it? Download the topology, delete that branch, reboot the servers, re-upload the topology. Wala, everything worked. gently caress Skype for Business.

Now I'm rolling out SfB in 4 more international locations this year, I'm sure this is going to go over swimmingly. gently caress Skype For Business.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Anybody who has manages sip and doesn't use sngrep for basic troubleshooting hasn't heard of sngrep.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 5, 2016

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

DigitalMocking posted:

Download the topology, delete that branch, reboot the servers, re-upload the topology. Wala, everything worked.

Fuckin' :lol: that this is a thing that has to be done.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Some real :downs: kicking in this TAMU game.

E: this isn't the college football thread. I'll do the needful and revert to the proper subforum.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin

ratbert90 posted:

Anybody who has manages sip and doesn't use sngrep for basic troubleshooting hasn't heard of sngrep.

Ah, but skype for business isn't SIP, that's just one of the many layers of bullshit that it uses.

Sheep posted:

Fuckin' :lol: that this is a thing that has to be done.

There's a good chance I just stared at my monitor for like 15 seconds, just blinking after that fixed it.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The answer with phones seems to keep coming back to "make it someone else's problem"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

DigitalMocking posted:

Ah, but skype for business isn't SIP, that's just one of the many layers of bullshit that it uses.

There's a good chance I just stared at my monitor for like 15 seconds, just blinking after that fixed it.

Oh I know; it's a unholy combination of SIP + SIP extended + WebRTC + other Microsoft BS.

Why they didn't just make SIP WebRTC is beyond me though. :psyduck:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

adorai posted:

>>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 7:42 AM, devmd01 wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>We just got a talking to from our director in the team meeting this morning, basically
>>>>>>saying that we need to turn into a more friendlier, cheerful customer service oriented
>>>>>>team because of the perception everyone has of us. Well if we weren't two people short
>>>>>>and trying to move so many projects forward at once, we'd have more time to be friendlier
>>>>>>about poo poo. Time to gtfo after the end of the year!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>edit: oh and in the new building we're moving to next year, we will be mixed out in open
>>>>>>plan office land with everyone else, instead of a separate room where we are now. We
>>>>>>discuss a lot of sensitive poo poo, and we need to be away from everyone else for that reason
>>>>>>alone, but they aren't hearing it.
>>>>>>
>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:47 PM, Dr. Arbitrary wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>One of the best working experiences I've had was with a guy from Uruguay. Over chat and email he was indistinguishable from a native English speaker.
>>>>>
>>>>>Over the phone his accent was so thick and incomprehensible that he sounded like a cartoon character.
>>>>>
>>>>>I would say that if you're going to be doing a substantial portion of your work in written communication, you're going to be just fine.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Try adding smiley faces every once in a while when sending emails.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>It's so loving dumb, but it works!
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Just give it a try!
>>>>>>
Is this like, "Smile on the phone, they can hear it!" ?
>>>>>On Nov. 4th at 1:57 PM, anthonypants wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>Okay, I'll give it a shot. J
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>On Nov. 4th at 5:10 PM, MiniFoo wrote:
>>>>
>>>>You're triggering me here.
>>>>
>>>>- MiniFoo
>>>>
>>>
>>>I'm sorry but I'm having trouble following this
Why?
>>
>>Please remove me from this email.
>
>UNSUBSCRIBE

See my comments inline.

+1

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
dookie

Chickenwalker fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 23, 2018

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Chickenwalker posted:

My boss has always said don't let phones become IT's problem, and you know what god bless him for that.

Who else in the organization should be handling phones? They're kind of an inherent part of IT infrastructure. I certainly wouldn't trust HR or an accountant or facilities management to provision an IP phone or make changes to extension names.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Who else in the organization should be handling phones? They're kind of an inherent part of IT infrastructure. I certainly wouldn't trust HR or an accountant or facilities management to provision an IP phone or make changes to extension names.

If you're big enough you can get away with it.

IT = Servers, Storage, Workstations & Printers (sorry guys)

Networking = uh.. Networks

Communications = Phones and Skype (hahahahaha, have fun!)

And then a Security group that stands apart from all that for policy enforcement, monitoring, incident response and project work.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Before IP telephony became common phone guys were a separate and distinct breed of weirdos from regular IT, and did their own poo poo. And that was good.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, nowadays I could not imagine our phone team being separate from IT. If we were larger, maybe a specific person or group to manage reporting and auto attendants. But the providing dial tone? IT all the way (with IP telephony at least).

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I don't have to gently caress with phones or email at my current job and it's bliss.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

big money big clit posted:

Before IP telephony became common phone guys were a separate and distinct breed of weirdos from regular IT, and did their own poo poo. And that was good.

You still find some of these fossils who converted to networking though i haven't met one who is good at it yet.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Benjamin Franklin
Unfortunately SIP/Skype for Business are now a critical part of my job description.

I loving hate it.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

anthonypants posted:

Okay, I'll give it a shot. J

I actually wrote someone an e-mail to tell them that no one is getting their smilies, they still do it to this day and even put in some J with size 20+

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

SEKCobra posted:

I actually wrote someone an e-mail to tell them that no one is getting their smilies, they still do it to this day and even put in some J with size 20+

I'm pretty sure J just means smiley to some people now.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma

Judge Schnoopy posted:

User sent an all staff email announcing she was going to be out of the office for a few days. Another user then send an all staff email announcing he was going to be out for a few days too.

C-level sends an email in response and i thought all hell was going to break loose with bitch fits and unsubscribe requests. Turns out the response went only to me asking to address this at the next tech committee meeting so we can correct culture behavior before it gets out of control.

I almost wept from joy.

Why don't you just restrict who can send out to the address?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Nuclearmonkee posted:

You still find some of these fossils who converted to networking though i haven't met one who is good at it yet.

It's not that they're not good. They're literally the worst.