Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raveen
Jul 18, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

gently caress this brown and grey half-assed net-hosed lazy loving garbage.

Yup, I was pretty decent at MW3 and BLOPS2 on the 360. Just bought a xbox one and I am sucking poo poo at this game. I've gone back to my tried and true method of shooting down UAVs and other air stuff go get some easy points and hopefully make my lovely rear end less easy to find and kill so I can hopefully get better :downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

It's the only reliable weapon in the game besides the Eraser and that high speed dime launcher thing the default class has.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Payload weapons are there to ruin your attempts to get high cost scorestreaks :(

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Phase shift is the only decent payload. It's a bit OP even

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Mister Macys posted:

It's the only reliable weapon in the game besides the Eraser and that high speed dime launcher thing the default class has.

If you can get over the fact that the Bull Charge immediately ends when you hit a wall and it's easy to be killed during it, it's my favorite toy in Hardpoint second to being an rear end in a top hat that throws seeker grenades at people. I found out during a panic throw that if you throw a seeker and it lands right on a person it counts as a STICK while it grabs the person's face before exploding.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's trash and bullets go right through the shield. Pass.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Takes some getting used to, but the TAR is hella fun. Basically a handheld RPG with sticky power and if you overcook it it just launches itself so you don't blow up.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Today I had a much better experience with lag, I was able to win gunfights and had a pretty good time.

Now I'm at a point, however, where I don't know if I won because the fight was fair, or because the lag advantaged me and the other team had to deal with terrible delays/instant deaths.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Today I had a much better experience with lag, I was able to win gunfights and had a pretty good time.

Now I'm at a point, however, where I don't know if I won because the fight was fair, or because the lag advantaged me and the other team had to deal with terrible delays/instant deaths.

I'm wondering the same thing. Most of the games I played with you today went fine and I was positive. But there were a couple when I'd shoot first and die first. I hope they get it consistent for everyone soon.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

They've had two years to fix this poo poo. Don't hold your breath.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Why does the game take so long to put me into games in progress? It acts like a new lobby is starting, and then I go into an existing game.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
Beyond the actual gameplay issues, this stupid game is just criminally lacking in personality and feedback. I'm legitimately struggling to tell maps apart. I think they could merge Scorch, Mayday and Stardock into a single map and people would be hard pressed to notice. Good luck figuring out that an enemy has their super before you die, because there are literally no audio cues, and the visual cues are worthless. I have newfound appreciation for all the work Treyarch did making supers easy to read at a distance. No leaderboards, no stats, not even a goddamn medal viewer. The gently caress did they put their three years of effort into?

Also, anybody started progressing Strike Team 7 or the Wraiths? I gave up on ST7 when the second challenge I got was to kill two people with one lethal (good joke, game), and I'm wondering if all the challenges suck that badly. Also curious what kinds of challenges you get with the Wraiths.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 6, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The R.A.W is great and a good friend of mine.

Yeah i use the RAW with quick draw and stock and it owns. 3 hit kill at any range (as far as i can tell) and steady as a rock. Almost never need to reload it. Almost never run out of ammo. The only thing that gets me in SMG dudes getting in my face. Even those i can still win half the time.

Protip: I use double radars and the warfighter perk that lets me restock more radars when i kill someone. Almost no one uses Cold Blooded. So enjoy your constant wallhacks.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

JackGeneric posted:

No leaderboards, no stats, not even a goddamn medal viewer. The gently caress did they put their three years of effort into?

Yeah. This is loving retarded. It's poo poo that was in COD 5 years ago.

"Everyone's a winner" :downs:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
Seriously has anyone found a fix for the repeating JTF WOLVERINES CUTSCENE AGAIN bug (which also disallows customizing my rigs because it always thinks it's the first time on that screen)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Took a trip down memory lane last night. Like and share, thanks and God bless your heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LykZK6tu8yE

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
agh what the gently caress is the thread for MWR? is it this one? is it the other one? i don't know anymore

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Turdsdown Tom posted:

agh what the gently caress is the thread for MWR? is it this one? is it the other one? i don't know anymore

The MWR thread exists in your heart, friend.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

JackGeneric posted:

Also, anybody started progressing Strike Team 7 or the Wraiths? I gave up on ST7 when the second challenge I got was to kill two people with one lethal (good joke, game), and I'm wondering if all the challenges suck that badly. Also curious what kinds of challenges you get with the Wraiths.

The first couple missions ST7 give you revolve around equipment and grenades unfortunately but they eventually give you more varied ones, like call in aerial streaks or the general kill missions. Haven't used wraith much but it seems they revolve around simple kill/headshot missions.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Godzilla07 posted:

MWR and IW take up 104 GB together. Since the PS4 starts complaining after 400 GB with the stock drive, the two games take up a quarter of your disk space.

i had forgotten i was using an old SSD i stuck in there with a pretty limited capacity, so that would explain my complaint. went out and grabbed a 500gb 850 evo for $170 instead

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
Now i get to use a haymaker while also fist pumping the whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO-1pbeaOAc

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The impression I'm getting is that people who buy this for multiplayer are likely going to be disappointed unless they feel like dropping $80 for MWR, and people who buy this for single player are better off waiting for a sale. Is that a safe assessment?

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The impression I'm getting is that people who buy this for multiplayer are likely going to be disappointed unless they feel like dropping $80 for MWR, and people who buy this for single player are better off waiting for a sale. Is that a safe assessment?

i bought this for multi-player, but im a special case because im aware im paying a large sum of money for the same game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jeez after playing Remastered for an extended period I don't think I'll ever bitch about being fragile in CoD's ever again.

Can't react to poo poo.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Alteisen posted:

Jeez after playing Remastered for an extended period I don't think I'll ever bitch about being fragile in CoD's ever again.

Can't react to poo poo.

I think part of that is just that the game is sort of floaty in a way. For some reason I have trouble accurately moving my sticks in a way I don't have in BLOPS3, even turning the sensitivity up doesn't help, I just jump all over the place instead. It's like there's a joystick deadzone.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

JackGeneric posted:

The gently caress did they put their three years of effort into?

Starting production on Ghosts 2, scrapping it after everybody hated Ghosts, scrambling to put something new together?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Exactly. They reskinned BLOPS 3, but forgot basically half the UI elements from that game, and started with unpatched netcode from its launch.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

General Battuta posted:

Starting production on Ghosts 2, scrapping it after everybody hated Ghosts, scrambling to put something new together?

I really wanted the sequel to Ghosts' campaign :shobon:

It's me, the Ghosts apologist.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

https://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I wish I understood the netcode in this game. It's so unbelievably inconsistent. Earlier today I hopped on and did pretty well. Most matches were 1.0 - 2.0ish. Then this evening I couldn't kill anyone and was averaging between 0.4 and 0.6 every game. I just hopped on and played three matches and got 2.0 - 3.0 in all of them. According to Reddit I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Ah, launch weekends...

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

Good luck figuring out that an enemy has their super before you die, because there are literally no audio cues, and the visual cues are worthless. I have newfound appreciation for all the work Treyarch did making supers easy to read at a distance.

Not knowing if someone has their super is one of my bigger complaints. The only ones I can tell are FTL and Phase Shift. The Equalizer is especially annoying because it's silenced, so you can't tell where an Equalizer is on the map by looking at the killfeed/map skulls. And it might be way harder to counter supers in IW as well because of a lack of weak points.

This is a nice segue to say that Kinetic Armor feels more powerful in this game. I don't think there's the headshot counter to Kinetic Armor in IW, and it feels like you can take more damage as well.

E: I just realized there's no semi-auto AR in the base game. All there is is a Volk variant and the M1. :wtc:

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 7, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Party died, streaming's done.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

housefly posted:

According to Reddit I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I was having no-bullshit 7.0 - 10.0 KDR games the other day for a hour or two. it legitimately felt like I had the game genie turned on because I wasn't doing anything differently at all yet later that day kept going .5 - 1 with different hosting. I have no idea what is happening with this game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In other news, the Killing Floor 2 beta is good, and not poo poo like this game. It's the first zombie game I have ever liked, probably due to its similarities to Extinction.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
i just wish steam's refund program had been around when i bought kf2

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

General Battuta posted:

I wonder how far into Ghosts 2 they got before they realised they had to snuff it out?

Also, pubs need to learn to shoot down the loving air support in this game. Pretty much every game I play there are a thousand UAVs up that only I shoot down, and all my teams seem content to let Wardens pulverise them without attacking it.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 7, 2016

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
You PS4 goons are some complain-y motherfuckers. And what's with all the TDM?

I've found that I rather like Frontline. It has what I like about Domination (knowing where the enemy will spawn), but without all those pesky flags.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

venutolo posted:

You PS4 goons are some complain-y motherfuckers. And what's with all the TDM?

I've found that I rather like Frontline. It has what I like about Domination (knowing where the enemy will spawn), but without all those pesky flags.

What's your PSN? I'll invite you to the top secret private cool goons PS4 party.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

victrix posted:

What's your PSN? I'll invite you to the top secret private cool goons PS4 party.

rvenutolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just got a full refund for the $80 from Microsoft. The single player campaign for IW is ok, but the multiplayer is a broken mess of a gray spaceman shooter with zero personality and a bunch of missing or broken systems. I might play it in a few months if they make it not so boring, but I'm not counting on that happening.

• Locked thread