Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

nimby posted:

That pretty much excludes Bam losing his Viole name, or letting Kaiser leave the station. He's gotta kill her before he dies, really doubt she'd let him heal up if she's alive in some way.

Why not just take her name and make her do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Wonder if he can copy the spirit wolf ability. I know it's not shinsu but bam can do anything.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Sarcophallus posted:

Why not just take her name and make her do it?

That's how they got sent to the exploding escalator.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I think if Baam beats her two special abilities and puts her perceived suffering and duty into perspective (everyone on that station is overreacting, tbh), she'll join the harem and give up the whole slavery narrative. I'm more worried about the aftermath in the tower from ruining their little slavery ring than I am about Kaiser's weak motivations for running it.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
"Oh no our slave ring has been ruined!"

"Hmm, well, that is bad but hasn't the boy who ruined it already moved on to the next floor?"

"Oh, yeah"

"Okay! Then let's just start it up again! Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Thing is if Kaiser abandons it then they need to find someone willing, subservient, and powerful enough to take her place and that's probably hard to do

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, basically. Also, you can already see the effects of having a slayer candidate do things like this: the people in the tower end up looking to FUG as the authority instead of the Zahard's. All anyone would have to do at that point is whisper FUG's name into the wind and the slavery ring would blow up again.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
http://webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-218

Laure confirmed to be the strongest character.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Bam's fight is really enjoyable, I wasn't too invested in the fight on the train but I'm liking Kaiser's fighting style and how Bam is adapting to it.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-219/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=300 Turns out that in order to defeat a girl, you have to grab her arm and don't let go

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

No wonder why Khun wet himself when he first met Baam's FUG teacher.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bernardo Orel posted:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-219/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=300 Turns out that in order to defeat a girl, you have to grab her arm and don't let go

Standard female grab area. I'm surprised more people don't exploit that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-220/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=301
Kaiser finally gets unmasked
It looks like the Name stealing station is winding down. Some setup for what I assume will be the next story arc is going down. It's been fun at this station though, could have been drawn out with the whole "collect the 10 bosses names" but we got through it at a very nice pace. Looking forward to the next chapter.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

This ended completely different than I thought it would. I thought they'd break their ties with Fug by having the Viole name stolen, but looks like they're even more indebted to Fug now.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It's kind of nice to see Baam and crew using FUG for once though. They're very factional and at this point he's sufficiently well-known that anything he does reflects on them. And he's very definitely tearing up the structure of the Tower that they hate, even it is for personal reasons.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Yeah Baam is soft, but because he's soft he's still going to mess up the tower. At the very least his teacher is down with that and probably some of the elders too so it'll be nice to see more of FUG's internal structure rather than operating off of info from the faction that wanted to melt him.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

This whole arc has been the most engaging Tower of God has been in years

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-221/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=302

:asoiaf:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm yuri zahad, completely flabbergasted by the turn of events

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Looks like things aren't going to calm down any time soon! :black101:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sounds like Yuri wanted an irregular boytoy.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I hope this means Lo Po Bia Elaine is going to be joining Bams crew now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you'd have thought a ha ranker would recognise a FUG member of the ha family

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

you'd have thought a ha ranker would recognise a FUG member of the ha family

It depends. Jinsung was part of a branch family, and it seems (from the other examples of the families) that there's not much mingling between branches.

e: But you're right, it seems like he should be fairly well known at least for every Ha family member.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's in the top 100 rankers its odd that anyone wouldn't recognise him really

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Maybe he used to wear a wig like his son, Viole, and now literally no one can tell it is him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

zerosix posted:

I hope this means Lo Po Bia Elaine is going to be joining Bams crew now.

I'm hoping this is the loophole Baam uses to technically bring Kaiser's name back to Yuri

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Or maybe he's super, super old and there's no recorded face to go with his name as a top 100. Not really sure how memory interacts with how time flows in the tower. Do people recognize somebody they might've heard of or seen 1000+ years ago the same as we might for 10 years ago?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
No one recognizes him since Wangnan convinced him to stop smoking.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I love that she had no confidence in him even after seeing what he had to go through. Alternatively, I love that she wanted him all to herself. Baam best boy.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-222/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=303 Poor Rak

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hope we get to see the fight :prepop:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

god drat

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Jose posted:

hope we get to see the fight :prepop:

Seriously. I wanna see what slayers can do

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Honestly things only go bad when Laure is awake, he's like an unconscious protective ward

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
I just remembered that Ha Jinsung is at the station too, and that he already warned Karaka to leave Bam alone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hirethor posted:

I just remembered that Ha Jinsung is at the station too, and that he already warned Karaka to leave Bam alone.

him showing us the difference between a rank 100+ and a rank 500+ would be interesting

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

So this is a High Ranker battle

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Tower of God: Frog? No. God.

Alternatively, the final boss of frog fractions appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

One of the most powerful weapons in Tower of God is a finger puppet.