Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah. Regardless of what happens at the very end, the way most of the main threads wrap up before that is excellent.

Hm. Guess I should do that soon, before I get too far into World of Final Fantasy :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

quote:

⁃ Around 2185, at the height of galactic progress, unaware of the impending Reaper invasion, several species band together for the "Andromeda Initiative".
⁃ 4 Arks, each carrying a different race, are built, housing thousands of individuals to chart a course to Andromeda. The Heleus Cluster is noted as having a significant amount of "Golden Worlds", or planets ripe for life. Each ark is led by a "Pathfinder".

both of these decisions seem really weird.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Randarkman posted:

Seems like your guy actually has a set first name this time around. Though I guess that might just be your sibling.

Scott and Sara are just the defaults, per Mac Walters. You can still pick any name you want.

Pathfinder Lo Ryder reporting!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm pretty pumped for this. There is gunna be SO MUCH pixel sex.

You don't even know.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Milky Moor posted:

both of these decisions seem really weird.

Yeah it means you get to reexplore how much everyone loves making GBS threads on Krogans... again! Retreading a story that we dealt with in 3 games over 5 years is gonna be fun. also they're still infertile

Is Peebee gonna be Space Sera with the lolbees so random xD toned down?

E: VVVVV I'm ok with this

Eej fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 7, 2016

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Peebee is obviously Space Tracer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Scott and Sara are just the defaults, per Mac Walters. You can still pick any name you want.

Pathfinder Lo Ryder reporting!

Dick Ryder is going to conquer this new galaxy. One penis at a time.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ice Fist posted:

I'm pretty pumped for this. There is gunna be SO MUCH pixel sex.

You don't even know.

I too can't wait for goons to establish brand new deviant sexual fantasies about these characters and to share it through tumblr links! :v:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
What does Kett sweat taste like?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Trast posted:

I too can't wait for goons to establish brand new deviant sexual fantasies about these characters and to share it through tumblr links! :v:

Dont worry I'm on it fam

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Can't wait for an entirely new wave of unintentionally funny ME fan art!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Pretty disappointed duderyder's default name isn't Richard.
Dick Rider would be the perfect name for a bioware protagonist.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It's a bit sad. The Keep is a grest replacement for savegame imports, and now it won't even be needed.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hmmm. Well I fished out my ME3 and even looked at the store and it doesn't look like it's available for backwards compatibility yet on the Xbone

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

moist turtleneck posted:

Hmmm. Well I fished out my ME3 and even looked at the store and it doesn't look like it's available for backwards compatibility yet on the Xbone

Did you try putting the disc in? I popped the first disc of ME2 in and my bone is downloading a 13 gig "update" after choosing to "install disc." Haven't tried 3 yet.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
So just a trailer, and a release date for a novel? Didn't they say they'd have more than just a trailer? Who the gently caress reads Mass Effect books

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

the good fax machine posted:

So just a trailer, and a release date for a novel? Didn't they say they'd have more than just a trailer? Who the gently caress reads Mass Effect books

Two trailers and an unconfirmed release date tweeted by some autist :eng101:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

*sheepishly raises stupid gay hand*

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

cut to Plinkett saying "and don't tell me that it's explained more in the novel! what matters is the movie video game!"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Okay yeah now it's working for me, I restarted my Xbox and it took the disc, not sure if it was timing or restarting the box that did it

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They also launched a website!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just thought that I had read somewhere that they might unveil a beta. Guess I'll just play some ME3 MP.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DrNutt posted:

*sheepishly raises stupid gay hand*

Yeah me too. I'll shamefully (not shamefully) read most any drat old sci fi with an interesting setting :shobon:

So I forget how ME3 single player goes, is Adept or Vanguard more of the funhaver class and also how do Paragon/Renegade work in that one WRT the endgame? I remember in ME1 and 2 you had to hardcore blue/red to get all the scenes and such

Also is there a good 'backstory' generator for saves somewhere

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Also what the hell does "bubbly personality" means? Are we gonna have another Sera in the party?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress is Sera

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

frajaq posted:

Also what the hell does "bubbly personality" means? Are we gonna have another Sera in the party?

Constantly drunk on champagne.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Not-an-elfy-elf from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

https://youtu.be/nZ8n5qIzghE?t=29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Zkun0tJc4

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 8, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah me too. I'll shamefully (not shamefully) read most any drat old sci fi with an interesting setting :shobon:

So I forget how ME3 single player goes, is Adept or Vanguard more of the funhaver class and also how do Paragon/Renegade work in that one WRT the endgame? I remember in ME1 and 2 you had to hardcore blue/red to get all the scenes and such

Also is there a good 'backstory' generator for saves somewhere
vanguard vanguard vanguard

masseffectsaves.com

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You're going to be able to have sex with a character named "Peebee" in this video game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://beacon.bioware.com/

multiplayer beta signup

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

There it is :woop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

vanguard vanguard vanguard

masseffectsaves.com

Thank you kindly :tipshat:

I'll have to look up when I get home if there's a way to play with controller on PC. I remember wanting that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Thank you kindly :tipshat:

I'll have to look up when I get home if there's a way to play with controller on PC. I remember wanting that.
Most likely. It was pretty clear DAI was meant to be played with a gamepad on PC and it sounds like they're pulling a lot from that.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You're going to be able to have sex with a character named "Peebee" in this video game.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Read the last page, there is a massive info dump about the game based on interviews

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like the beta is PS4/Xbox only.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Smellrose
Did the DA:I multiplayer ever get any better? Kinda worried that was their iteration after ME3.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

That makes a pretty good Mass Effect Goonsay honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm guess ship 4 is Turians, or something off the wall like Hanar, and then there are Krogan hangers on because having an ark ship of Krogan would make zero loving sense.

It also gives them an easy way not to have to model Geth, Quarians, Hanar, Elcor, Volus etc.