Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
But it's digital! That means it's a computer. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Yeah, it's using fancy language to make it sound different from identical $10 products. Nothing else special about it, just pure scam.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDyO86kGaBE

You have got to be loving kidding me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4mP6PTqkd8

Comments disabled for this video.

Gee, I wonder why?

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
It's too bad that proper dental prosthetics are so freaking expensive. Usually the people who need them the most are the least able to afford them. :smith: Maybe one day they'll be made affordable by 3D printing or something.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

neonnoodle posted:

It's too bad that proper dental prosthetics are so freaking expensive. Usually the people who need them the most are the least able to afford them. :smith: Maybe one day they'll be made affordable by 3D printing or something.

I just paid $600 for a crown this year. And that was with insurance.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
missing one of your top front teeth will get you turned down for an incredible number of jobs so I could honestly see even something as awkward as this having a pretty sizable number of use cases. Dental costs are pretty hosed up

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, it's using fancy language to make it sound different from identical $10 products. Nothing else special about it, just pure scam.

But you can hide it behind your TV so there are no wires! despite the fact that you never want your antenna anywhere near electronics

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Vicas posted:

missing one of your top front teeth will get you turned down for an incredible number of jobs so I could honestly see even something as awkward as this having a pretty sizable number of use cases. Dental costs are pretty hosed up

I have a medical condition that's causing me a whole bunch of dental pain and stress on top of the rest of my other issues and I'm basically turbo-hosed for 12 months until my insurance kicks in and that still doesn't cover my co-pay which is going to be outrageous.

Healthcare in America is a loving joke.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Is 'VI Poo' a real ad for a real product or did I have an aneurysm because I didnt hear anything pop but I would greatly prefer that to a world where this exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

NiceGuy posted:

Is 'VI Poo' a real ad for a real product or did I have an aneurysm because I didnt hear anything pop but I would greatly prefer that to a world where this exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs

That stuff has been around forever, AirWick is just bringing it to a larger audience.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Hey Purple, rigging up a 300lb sheet of tempered glass and a pulley system is not an easy way of testing how good of shape your mattress is in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ugh, Ubisoft has an ad campaign for Watch Dogs 2 where they have streamers comment on stuff that is happening on screen and it is the worst.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this! posted:

Ugh, Ubisoft has an ad campaign for Watch Dogs 2 where they have streamers comment on stuff that is happening on screen and it is the worst.

Finally, someone managed to come up with something worse than the "your mom hates Dead Space 2" ad campaign.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They did it with the last Far Cry game too and I guess they got good enough metrics out of it?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Hardee's/Carl's Jr. has an ad out now stressing how clean and natural their burgers are now (grass-fed cows was mentioned). Every scene of a burger being assembled was done by a glove-less employee.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Oh come on I'm sure Hardees has a stringent hand washing poli....HAHAHAHA.

No seriously those ads make me furious. My food handler teacher probably faints when she hears the theme song.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Huh, is wearing gloves required for food prep where you live?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Most actual restaurants with a kitchen won't require you to wear them. Taco Bell where I can see the person touching my food is kind of a different story though.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
It's just weird to me that somebody would be bothered by seeing people using their bare hands, because where I live wearing gloves are specifically not required and I don't usually see fast food workers using gloves. Everybody just washes their hands.I think the concept is that it's easier for employees to tell when to wash their hands vs changing gloves. Anyway I've probably spent too much time talking about this.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I hate the DollarShaveClub (or whatever it is) ad on Spotify where the guy reading the promo says "Back to your chill tunes in 3, 2, 1..."

80% of the time it's straight in to a Home Depot ad.

I hate the lovely dramatic guitar piece Home Depot uses for their theme.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beastie posted:

I hate the DollarShaveClub (or whatever it is) ad on Spotify where the guy reading the promo says "Back to your chill tunes in 3, 2, 1..."

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... I'm convinced the most recent voice in the Home Depot ads is David Costabile, who played Gale Boetticher in Breaking Bad and was also in Suits and a whole bunch of other stuff. It sounds a lot like him, but everything I look up has Ed Harris listed as the voice (which he was, a few years ago.) Anyone know how I can confirm?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Hardee's...loving Hardee's is talking about clean food and then fingering all the foods with bare hands. It's not that gloves are a requirement, it's that they're a good goddamn idea in raw food handling.

It's like Bass Pro advertising gun safes being a great idea then having the gun-bed delivery headboard in the ad. Not required, but come ON.

Also if you think any fast food joint at all being more food safe than most competitors just LMAO.

Edit: Oh my God clarity is harder than wearing food safe gloves.

fizzymercury fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 8, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Vargo posted:

I guess this is as good a place as any to ask... I'm convinced the most recent voice in the Home Depot ads is David Costabile, who played Gale Boetticher in Breaking Bad and was also in Suits and a whole bunch of other stuff. It sounds a lot like him, but everything I look up has Ed Harris listed as the voice (which he was, a few years ago.) Anyone know how I can confirm?

A quick google-fu (I'm at work) shows me that you are incorrect. I'm not seeing anything that says it is David Costabile, but I can't really find anything that says who it is.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Has anyone seen the car commercial with the hip Santa from the north pizzle?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Beastie posted:

You have the power to end your suffering.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

theflyingexecutive posted:

You have the power to end your suffering.

It is called the Mute Button.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm inclined to think the meat-groping Hardee's commercials are better than the ones with half-dressed women jiggling everywhere.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

It is called the Mute Button.

I more meant Premium, but yeah

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Who needs creativity in ads these days?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

I more meant Premium, but yeah

I tried out premium over the summer when it was 99 cents a month for 3 months. It's awesome to not have commercials. But my commute is like 2 hours shorter each way now so I don't use it enough to justify $10 a month.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really dislike the new pistachio commercials. Especially the one that badmouths peanuts for no real reason.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It's the Christmas season, which means another steady stream of Duracell Battery / Star Wars kids commercials.

Good thing we have another four years minimum to keep enjoying them.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 15, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vakal posted:

It's the Christmas season, which means another steady stream of "he went to Jared"
FTFY

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Don't forget December to remember and "he does exist" "they do exist"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Need a last minute Christmas gift? Have you considered a luxury car?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is Pomplamoose still a christmas commercial thing or was that just the one year? That was a super annoying one.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beastie posted:

A quick google-fu (I'm at work) shows me that you are incorrect. I'm not seeing anything that says it is David Costabile, but I can't really find anything that says who it is.

This is the problem! I can't find anything saying it's him, but I can't find anything saying it's NOT him either. And it's not like he's a big name that you'd promote was doing your commercials. So it's driving me nuts.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Vakal posted:

It's the Christmas season, which means another steady stream of Duracell Battery / Star Wars kids commercials.

Good thing we have another four years minimum to keep enjoying them.

Every time I think my brain's okay with commercials I see a Target Christmas ad with all the wide-eyed little rich kids jumping around to a paid for pop cover of a Christmas song with a bunch of cartoon characters and I start hating commercials again. Now that they're milking Star Wars like it's the last cow in the world I think they're indirectly getting me to hate Star Wars.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Christmas? Better roll out the "premium" liquor commercials.

Crown, Grey Goose, Disaronno, Jazz music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
What about fragrance commercials? You know, the ones that are impossible to figure out what it's advertising until the very end when they show the product?