Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Eej posted:

Krogans own and the stupidest thing they did in ME1 was give you an option to kill Wrex because it prevented them from working the actual best character in the series into the main plot more.

But if Wrex is dead, you don't have to shoot Mordin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I hate to be that guy, but the trailers said 4 ark ships total, and we know it'll be the council races, so humans, turians, asari, and salarians. If there are other races, they'll probably be just randoms hanging out on the main ship because they're good at their jobs or something. Not sure where the fifth arkship talk came from.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

precision posted:

Krogans are boring, I hope they're not in and BioWare instead made another race to be What If Orcs, But Too Much.

Whats it like being that wrong? Brogans for life.

Makes sense that the Council Races get a ship each then you'll likely have minor races as hangers on in the big Citadel-style ship because why not? Krogans are confirmed so it's probably a Wrex initiative since he was smart like that. Volus would be cool because they ran the economy for the Council Alliance. Throw in some other minor races as background NPCs and you should be good to go.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I hate to be that guy, but the trailers said 4 ark ships total, and we know it'll be the council races, so humans, turians, asari, and salarians. If there are other races, they'll probably be just randoms hanging out on the main ship because they're good at their jobs or something. Not sure where the fifth arkship talk came from.

There's a citadel-like Nexus ship as well. People are speculating thats where the non-council races are hanging out.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
There is also confirmed talk of a krogan colony ship you have to find but that's probably not the same as an ark ship.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Hedrigall posted:

There is also confirmed talk of a krogan colony ship you have to find but that's probably not the same as an ark ship.

I wonder if they'll use the hook of the Krogan cure being transmitted to the colony fleet while it was on its way for a story?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hedrigall posted:

Well, a Krogan is confirmed to tell you about a missing colony ship. Nothing says the colony is comprised of Krogan.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Zore posted:

There's a citadel-like Nexus ship as well. People are speculating thats where the non-council races are hanging out.

That's what I meant by main ship, but I did choose the most vague way to say it because I forgot which term it was they used for it. I would be amazed if there weren't several members of every race we already know on the nexus ship.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Also krogans and turians are the 100% greatest and I hope they're in the game in droves and fully romanceable

ALSO PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT if you're planning on romancing Peebee you'd better name your Ryder "Jay" so you can be Peebee and Jay

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zore posted:

Well, a Krogan is confirmed to tell you about a missing colony ship. Nothing says the colony is comprised of Krogan.

Last year's reddit leak which has been proven true time and time again said something about your krogan squad mate asking you to track down a lost krogan colony ship.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
And if you're in doubt here's what that leak already got right long before each was announced:

Andromeda being the setting
Khet/Kett
Tempest being the ship
Helius cluster
Remnant vaults

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Andromeda's also going to have Yahgs iirc, I think one of them was in their 5 second preview vid a couple months back

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i can't believe her name is loving peebee

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

Pretty sure it's a nickname. :v:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Milky Moor posted:

Technically, it's not, since that's just her nickname, but I have yet to see anything that clarifies what her actual name is.

Filling out the application for the multiplayer beta forced me to look up my N7 rating, which suggested that I'm... in the top 13% of multiplayer players for ME3? I always though I was solidly middling.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 8, 2016

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

Technically, it's not, since that's just her nickname, but I have yet to see anything that clarifies what her actual name is.

Filling out the application for the multiplayer beta forced me to look up my N7 rating, which suggested that I'm... in the top 13% of multiplayer players for ME3? I always though I was solidly middling.

PB are obviously initials. Her real name is something like Phlogiston Basileus.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

loving in!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Has anyone tried this thingy for controller support in ME3 PC?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This game is gonna be awful and every message board on the planet is going to be filled with "Is it possible to romance BOTH Peebee and CookieButt'r?"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Peebee is probably short for PB-1138 because she spent most of her 100 Asari teenager years in juvie. Her light hearted attitude is a cover for the deep emotional trauma she experienced being beaten up and abused on the regular. Luckily Ryder is there to help her through this journey.

With his dick.

Also killing Wrex makes the first two games worse but makes the third game's Krogan plot way more interesting.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Trast posted:

Pretty sure it's a nickname. :v:

Probably going to be the name on her character sheet and poo poo, though.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/795680632127049732

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Volus confirmed! :shepface:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Biotic God confirmed!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Nah, the Batarian People's Republic launched their own Ark.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

I'm in the top 5% for N7 score and the top 1% for achievements :shepicide:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God drat it, I just realized I deleted ME3 from our PS3 to make room for Yakuza 5, and I want so badly to get in some rounds of MP. :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

My greatest shame in ME3 is in over 1000 games of multiplayer I never once unlocked the Saber. :smith:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

monster on a stick posted:

Nah, the Batarian People's Republic launched their own Ark.

I always wanted a Batarian party member :argh:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My money's on a Kett party member

midwat
May 6, 2007

I'm split about what they've released so far - there's a lot of good stuff in the bullet points, but I think all the trailers they've put out have been really.. underwhelming?

Also, "Peebee" already reeks of Bioware trying way too hard to create a "quirky-funny" character. Hope I'm wrong on that count, but she seems custom-made for the random humor crowd.

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

both of these decisions seem really weird.
I assumed the mission would be to flee the reapers but i guess even that much of a mention is too much

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Never trust marketing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

A Catastrophe posted:

I assumed the mission would be to flee the reapers but i guess even that much of a mention is too much

I suspect the founders of the Initiative suspected or knew about Reapers but kept it from the public, lest they make everyone who doubted think the whole thing was crazy talk. So it might come up in a conversation or a codex entry.

Ryder: "You knew? You knew about the Reapers?"
Clancy Brown: "I knew Shepard from my N7 days. I trusted him. Garson trusted him too."
Ryder: "But we could have stayed! We could have fought!"
Clancy Brown: "And we would have lost! This was the only real choice."
Ryder: "Then why not tell everyone the truth?"
Clancy Brown: "You just said it yourself. They would have stayed to fight. And every sapient species in the galaxy would have been lost forever."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want to be able to gently caress anyone in the game. Even if it's a robot. And I want my shipmates to watch.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

I suspect the founders of the Initiative suspected or knew about Reapers but kept it from the public, lest they make everyone who doubted think the whole thing was crazy talk. So it might come up in a conversation or a codex entry.

Ryder: "You knew? You knew about the Reapers?"
Clancy Brown: "I knew Shepard from my N7 days. I trusted him. Garson trusted him too."
Ryder: "But we could have stayed! We could have fought!"
Clancy Brown: "And we would have lost! This was the only real choice."
Ryder: "Then why not tell everyone the truth?"
Clancy Brown: "You just said it yourself. They would have stayed to fight. And every sapient species in the galaxy would have been lost forever."

Pretty much. It might not be hard to create a cover reasoning without telling people about the Reapers. Humans are influential now and this initiative is a by-product of their pioneering spirit. If some races need a threat to motivate them just remind them that poo poo like the Geth, Rachni and the Krogan Rebellions happen. Citadel Space is a powder keg and we should put some eggs in a different basket.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

in a hi-larious turn of events it turns out every species in andromeda are actually refugees from the milky way from past reaper cycles

e: reaper cycle sounds like a very strange setting for your washing machine

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AriadneThread posted:

e: reaper cycle sounds like a very strange setting for your washing machine

DRY DRY DRY!!!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

Pretty much. It might not be hard to create a cover reasoning without telling people about the Reapers. Humans are influential now and this initiative is a by-product of their pioneering spirit. If some races need a threat to motivate them just remind them that poo poo like the Geth, Rachni and the Krogan Rebellions happen. Citadel Space is a powder keg and we should put some eggs in a different basket.

And then ship that basket to Antarctica on a one-way trip where you have no way of telling if the eggs even arrive there, and no chance of getting them back fresh if they do.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Kurieg posted:

DRY DRY DRY!!!

You will know the spin cycle, Shepard.