Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Between the four CWDC shows, they've made 8 full seasons of comic book television without a single clone. That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

Bad Moon posted:

Felicity:Spawn of Two Villains

man

honestly, she's been good this season and olicity was toxic for both participants.

I'm cutting them slack, plus the way felicity and rags handled the nuke incidents like adults showed she's learned from the experience.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Between the four CWDC shows, they've made 8 full seasons of comic book television without a single clone. That's amazing.

Does Bizarro Supergirl count?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

Does Bizarro Supergirl count?

That was a regular person injected with Supergirl DNA.

doesn't count as a clone unless they start out in a big glass tube

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Well, we're getting Cyborg Superman on Supergirl this year. So we're inching ever closer.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know if this holds true in spirit considering all the alternate earth doppelgangers.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There are time travel remnants and multiverse doppelgängers though. They're pretty much clones, right?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Binge watching season 1 and it is startling how rapidly the series was course correcting its minor characters in during the show's run. Remember, it didn't have a full season pickup out of the gate.

Its also startling how often Oliver gives characters a 2nd chance to change despite being so closed minded but one could argue that Diggle made that possible.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
:siren:BODIES DROPPING:siren:

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
That was unexpected.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Well I have to admit, I did not see that coming

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This was another good episode in what has been a good season. And that thing with Prometheus' weapons being forged from Oliver's old melted arrows is boss as gently caress.

Don't think I buy Quentin as Prometheus though, as strong as his motivation would be and as hilarious as "drunk becomes supervillain when he blacks out" is as a concept. I think the real person is just setting him up/gaslighting him.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wanna see a flashback of Quentin going through some 3rd rate League of Assassin training.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol at Wild Dog on crowd control. "Everyone stop panicking, a weirdo in a hockey mask is here to help you!"

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Lance and Thea's simultaneous disgusted groan about Oliver and the reporter

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ShakeZula posted:

This was another good episode in what has been a good season. And that thing with Prometheus' weapons being forged from Oliver's old melted arrows is boss as gently caress.

Don't think I buy Quentin as Prometheus though, as strong as his motivation would be and as hilarious as "drunk becomes supervillain when he blacks out" is as a concept. I think the real person is just setting him up/gaslighting him.
Probably a huge red herring but other than the part where Prometheus is a skilled archer and acrobat, Lance being gaslit to be the closest to it (having access to Oliver's S1 arrows and knowing some of the names on the list) is pretty interesting.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Maybe he's being mind controlled, or maybe it's tied into flashpoint?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn what is it with Lance's and dressing up in black leather?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Moon posted:

Lol Lance and Thea's simultaneous disgusted groan about Oliver and the reporter

Ollie is totally gonna bang that chick.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Ollie is totally gonna bang that chick.

She's gonna turn out to be Prometheus. And Tommy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ollie never killed the people on his list in season 1, right? All he did was rob them and it was Merlyn who killed them?

Unless this is Flashpoint stuff.

VV I remember him killing a lot of nameless grunts, but not the people on his list. I dunno, season 1 seems so long ago and all the body-dropping got muddled around so much.

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 10, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
While I dont recall exactly how many people from the list, Ollie did drop a lot of bodies in season one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ollie never killed the people on his list in season 1, right? All he did was rob them and it was Merlyn who killed them?

Unless this is Flashpoint stuff.

VV I remember him killing a lot of nameless grunts, but not the people on his list. I dunno, season 1 seems so long ago and all the body-dropping got muddled around so much.

He always gave them a choice, but some did end up being killed.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
DOLPH LUNDGREN! Perfect.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

ShakeZula posted:

It's 100% Felicity's boyfriend, but this will be a fun sidetrack.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah the whole "Green Arrow fanboy" thing reeks of Prometheus.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felicity's boyfriend looks kinda like Zack Snyder

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Season 6 flashbacks will be the village trying to unearth that turnip.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

LongDarkNight posted:

Season 6 flashbacks will be the village trying to unearth that turnip.

Season 6 villain The Turnip confirmed

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Cousin Johnny from Justified being the Bratva big wig was both cool and weird since I'm used to him speaking with a completely different accent.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Cousin Johnny from Justified being the Bratva big wig was both cool and weird since I'm used to him speaking with a completely different accent.

eh....just watch The Equalizer. Seems like old hat for him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just caught up on 3 episodes so I've already forgotten which one it was, but drat Wild Dog showing up Digg with those arms.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Aphrodite posted:

I just caught up on 3 episodes so I've already forgotten which one it was, but drat Wild Dog showing up Digg with those arms.

I don't think anybody can show Dig up when it comes to muscly arms, though???

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I had some distractions in the first flashback scene. Was it basically
"I thought joining Bratva was going to get me close to Kovar."
"Yes, not by subterfuge but by killing our way through his troops."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something that kind of bugged me about the episode was that the people on the list were all involved in some way with the "Undertaking" and Oliver didn't bring that up at all. It wasn't like Oliver was just murdering people for no reason.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Also, Oliver was very publicly arrested for being the Hood and the Arrow. Yet the B-Team was surprised that he was the Green Arrow? Or didn't figure out he was all three immediately? The answer to "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!?" should have been "Wait, you didn't know?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

OB_Juan posted:

Also, Oliver was very publicly arrested for being the Hood and the Arrow. Yet the B-Team was surprised that he was the Green Arrow? Or didn't figure out he was all three immediately? The answer to "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!?" should have been "Wait, you didn't know?"

Everyone thinks Roy was the Arrow and was killed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Entertainment Weekly released some picture for crossover promotion. Most of them are just studio photos unrelated to the shows, but there's one of Laurel and Sara where Laurel looks to be wearing a wedding dress or something.

So we might get some alternate universing after all.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They already said they're bringing a ton of dead characters back for the Arrow portion of the crossover so that seems like a safe bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but everyone assumed those were going to be flashbacks.

• Locked thread