Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally got a second 4-star Servant and it's loving Nursery Rhyme goddamit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Kyte posted:

Also, while AoE is literally half the damage of an equivalent Single-Target NP, lately they've been adding stronger/more dangerous mooks to bosses, so you shouldn't discount them right away. It's been a while since doing a Brave Buster Chain or pulling a strong single target NP outta your rear end would be the end-all of fights.

I've made it through the entirety of the main story (and 90% of most events) just by running Waver/Kiyohime/Darius and steamrolling all of the waves, I know full well that AoE NPs have their use. Hell, Raikou is currently the best Servant in the game because she can do both AoE and massive single target damage. :v:

Thing is, if you're not a Berserker you're almost automatically worse at the job. There are niche cases like Boss Ibaraki's hands where it was somewhat useful to bring a counter class, but by and large if you have a AoE NP and you're a regular class (like Artoria!) you're stuck on hand clearing duty. And even then Kiyohime and Darius can do the exact same thing you can, and they don't have to wait for the proper day.

The bulk of the game's difficulty so far has been on single bosses with giant stacks of HP. There have been attempts to change this by adding some mooks (Ozymandias and those Djinn come to mind), but they always have far less HP than the real boss so there's no reason you can't just hit them to death normally in a Crit chain.

Even the Hassan and Nero fights back in Nero Festival 2016 encouraged the use of single target NPs, because if you wiped everyone out at once you were hosed.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 3, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I deeply dislike bringing Berserkers because they are almost universally made of paper. Also it's a pain to get their NP charged in most cases.

For farming Ozy last week I had an AoE - ST - regular attack chain to kill the entire wave + Ozy in one shot. (The last NP was Jack and I used it to 1-turn the sphinx)

Also I did pretty great with Witch Liz just absorbing all the debuffs and healing her as needed. I also used AoE to good effect in the Cu+Scach fight with some careful HP management to get'em both dead at the same time.

Like, I don't expect to kill the boss with it, but it's great for chaining into a ST NP. Especially if there's secondary effects.

(Which, admittedly, Seiba doesn't have. Which is why Seiba kind of sucks. :V)

Kyte fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 3, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I bring kinoki to every event and fight. Carried me 99% of the game. He is so strong that his np extra chain can kill three enemy in one turn. I really should grail him already.

Edit: oh i was waiting for exp rate up.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Nov 3, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Kyte posted:

I deeply dislike bringing Berserkers because they are almost universally made of paper. Also it's a pain to get their NP charged in most cases.

You just gotta be absurdly lucky like me and have Waver and a Kaleidoscope. :v:

I put the K-scope on Kiyohime, and Imaginary Number Magecraft (or really any maxed Event CE) on Darius. Turn 1 I use all three of Waver's skills, then I swap him out for the Support Servant. What I do from then on depends on the battle in question, but already I can skip two rounds of the fight.

Like, for clearing hands I grab Baal's Kintoki and:

Round 1: Kintoki's Buster - NP - Something - Extra Attack
Round 2: Darius NP
Round 3: Kiyohime Buster Buff + NP

It's really nice being able to consistently finish 40 AP experience in three turns. Though I really, really, really wish I could skip NP animations. :argh:

EDIT: The other fun setup I have is due to me having Jack and two Pieces of 2030. Jack with Pieces, Waver/Serenity with Pieces, and my Crit receiver of choice (usally Saber Lancelot or Lancer Vlad) crit everything to death forever.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 3, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I also bring mozart to every fight now just for that one turn burst of 100% crit. If he got three card, use skill, then swap in KINIOKI/JALTER and have him/her extra crit things to death.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I don't have a Waver and if I bring out all Kaleidos then I lose on precious cost for bond farming Jack Gil and Attila at the same time in the back row. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm trying to figure out how to optimize my game play.

Should every day I farm Gels so I can get the Monthly Shop CE's? I've missed out on being able to LB the last couple. :(

But I also want to farm skill gems, I need assassin gems for Ruler Martha for instance, and a lot of QB to max out Okita's skills next, I finally got around to 10/10/10'ing Mordred. :sun:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone get me a loving Waver

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to optimize my game play.

Should every day I farm Gels so I can get the Monthly Shop CE's? I've missed out on being able to LB the last couple. :(

But I also want to farm skill gems, I need assassin gems for Ruler Martha for instance, and a lot of QB to max out Okita's skills next, I finally got around to 10/10/10'ing Mordred. :sun:

If you're aiming to optimize, ignore monthly CEs and skills for now and focus on getting a synergistic team of fully ascended Servants up. If you have a proper wave clearing team, you will save so much time in the long run because you can just faceroll over every battle. Focus on skills after that, and just ignore the monthly CEs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This monthly ce is the most important ce for grinding though. Max lv 10 Bond is the hardest thing to get in game even with apples.

Most effecient green gel farming is to do the 30ap exp daily and turn all silver card into it.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

One day I'll get you, Angra.
One day :argh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Playing through America right now. I love it.

"Edison: Karna-kun. *blush*"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Wait, how are people LB'ing the Extella CE? Where do you get more of those tickets?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It should come limit broken.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, all of the unique CEs come at max level and fully limit broken.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Schubalts posted:

Yea, all of the unique CEs come at max level and fully limit broken.

I hadn't looked yet. :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

My god, Hassan and CuLancer's dodge skill is so good.

I keep spending my Quartz on single rolls that give me jackshit. I also just spent all the Mana Prisms I'd been saving on Fou's for mah boy Angra, instead of waiting for the 1000-prism CE as I'd been planning. Good self-control right there.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

My god, Hassan and CuLancer's dodge skill is so good.

I keep spending my Quartz on single rolls that give me jackshit. I also just spent all the Mana Prisms I'd been saving on Fou's for mah boy Angra, instead of waiting for the 1000-prism CE as I'd been planning. Good self-control right there.

I think you're supposed to save your quartz for 10-rolls because it guarantees a 4* card. :ssh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think you're supposed to save your quartz for 10-rolls because it guarantees a 4* card. :ssh:

I know, but I keep spending it anyway.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

I have a friend who always gets the latest new 5* he wants doing nothing but singles. Gacha is the ficklest thing. :argh:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Overlord K posted:

I have a friend who always gets the latest new 5* he wants doing nothing but singles. Gacha is the ficklest thing. :argh:

Your friend is probably whaling but is too ashamed to be honest about it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think you're supposed to save your quartz for 10-rolls because it guarantees a 4* card Craft Essence. :ssh:

Fixed that for you.

It's all luck in the end, it doesn't matter which you pick.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone translated the Fate/GUDAGUDA drama cd that came out a while ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkHs3J_iiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqqlqcsvIEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLNqwO-G4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sea_pUoczag

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 7, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I hope there's gonna be some Black Tallows in the next event or I'm never gonna be able to full ascend Angra. Seriously, there's only one spot where it can, maybe, drop once.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Welcome to the hell I faced fully ascending Serenity. :suicide:

In the long run of things, you're always better off waiting for events than actually trying to grind out materials. Sure there are some actually decent grinding spots, but those tend to only be for "common" materials.

And it's not like having a decent grinding spot helps when every servant needs like, 20 piles of dust and 25 bones.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Waiting patiently is also how i still have 330 gold apples to get the 5th CE every event.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, but the early parts of Camelot have been beating the poo poo out of me so I need to upgrade my teams.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Camelot is a huge jump in difficulty. You would want to look up a guide for all the boss fights.

Or hold it off until half ap event.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

He's probably having more trouble with the enemy waves.

And the loving sandstorm.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Right now I'm stuck facing Dio. Once I got Based Hassan's Zabanya to trigger it's instakill, but the Djinns killed me afterwards (with less than 200 hp left :argh:)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Apparently Extella preorders are already being shipped out.
Naturally, this means extella materials scans are getting leaked.

And I believe these are from Comptiq. DLC ahoy.

Also Extella mats:

quote:

Technique Elucidation: EX
Skills to interpret and restore more or less anything that can be called a formula.
Not just repair magecraft, but also damaged circuits and even crests. An esoterica
among esotericae even in an age when magecraft still existed.
But completely useless in combat.

Aptitude for Slaughter (Tools): A
Skill posssessed by Heroic Spirits fitting the Assassin or Berserker classes.
Implements used gain damage plus against "humans".
A condition that Archimedes has even though he doesn't want it. Like a sort of curse.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 9, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Are those...golden armor swim trunks for Gil?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wow, does that mean he can recharge command seal? Then again, fate go master can recharge it one per day.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nate RFB posted:

Are those...golden armor swim trunks for Gil?

Yes, yes they are.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reup the pics on imgur so they don't go 404. Also Ro Bu ftw.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Altera is powerful

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

Altera is powerful

I didnt like the original huke art but these new pics really made her one of my top 10

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So she's An Algerian space giant?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

So she's An Algerian space giant?!?

There seems to be multiple models. She's the new Sak Pak.

More pics:

Gil stuff wrt Extella:
  • Unlike the other Servants, Gilgamesh was not summoned by the Mooncell, but rather manifested on his own accord by tearing apart the wall that separated the “front” and the “back” side of the SE.RA.PH (it also mentions that this kind of completely independent, arbitrary manifestation was originally the privilege of a certain special Class).
  • While Gilgamesh has no connections with Heroic Spirit Altera, it seems that he met with Attilaight Cell back when he was alive and formed some sort of contract with her.
  • Gilgamesh retains the memories from his time in the “back side”, and that is the greatest reason why he sided with Altera - something that neither she nor the protagonist are aware of.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 9, 2016