Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'd be really impressed if they put the 2100 in from x wing Alliance, along with the Scottish family.

Although the ghost looks a lot like the 2100 I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

They share some similarities (mainly the center-oriented cockpit and general flight profile) but I get the impression that the Ghost is definitely more of a "heavy freighter" than the 2100 is.

vs

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Better than any VIRAXO pilot

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Not today, bootlicker!

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Cross-Section posted:

They share some similarities (mainly the center-oriented cockpit and general flight profile) but I get the impression that the Ghost is definitely more of a "heavy freighter" than the 2100 is.

vs

First, it's YT-2000, not 2100 :spergin:, second yeah, I think the Ghost's model is supposed to be much bigger than most of the other freighters (like about a quarter size bigger I think).

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Cross-Section posted:

vs

Despite having put hundreds of hours into X-Wing: Alliance, I always thought the cockpit was more incorporated into the distinctive Corellian saucer body- and not just a giant dick with wings flying through space.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MadDogMike posted:

First, it's YT-2000, not 2100 :spergin:, second yeah, I think the Ghost's model is supposed to be much bigger than most of the other freighters (like about a quarter size bigger I think).

Also apparently they did put the YT-2000 in, it appeared in Rebels supporting material as an original story comic series in a magazine

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bunnyofdoom posted:

honestly, I think I know who she is voting for this election

EDIT: Correction, she's English.

Double Edit: Yes she was a brexiter, and dear god, don't go to her twitter page

Karen Traviss being a brexiter is the funniest poo poo

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

If you guys think Karen Taviss is bad, you should ask PoptartsNinja about what Michael Stackpole has done to the Battletech universe. He's just as lovely an author, if not worse in some respects.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Since we talked Nucanon Mandalorians vs Legends Mandalorians, how is the same divide for the Sith? I know there is A LOT about the Sith in legends, but I also know a lot isnt' good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Covok posted:

Since we talked Nucanon Mandalorians vs Legends Mandalorians, how is the same divide for the Sith? I know there is A LOT about the Sith in legends, but I also know a lot isnt' good.

The broad strokes are more or less the same. The Rule of Two, the code, and general powersets, but most specific sith no longer exist in nucanon

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Darth Bane is the oldest named Sith, everything earlier than that for jedi and sith is an in universe legend, like the reliefs on Mandalore, and the dust statues on Malachor

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Does the Sith species still exist in current canon?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Woebin posted:

Does the Sith species still exist in current canon?

Apparently not, Sith are just schismatic jedi from the before time, in the long long ago, per some of the new comics which I haven't read.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 10, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I'm curious how the origins of the Jedi are in the new canon. The whole Je'dai order on Typhon is gone and with it, all that back story.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I'm curious how the origins of the Jedi are in the new canon. The whole Je'dai order on Typhon is gone and with it, all that back story.

Though, there is still the Bendu.

I would love if nuCanon went whole hog and gave a much, much different version of Jedi history and the birth of Sith. After all, it's not like doing that makes the Legends counterpoint fade away into the ether.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie. They have a universe of ideas that they can throw into a box and market. Don't worry. They'll get to all of that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

TheBigBad posted:

You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie. They have a universe of ideas that they can throw into a box and market. Don't worry. They'll get to all of that.

This both makes me happy and sad and I'm okay with that.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

TheBigBad posted:

You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie.

dang dude

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TheBigBad posted:

You're not gonna live to see the last Star Wars movie

Star Wars 36 remastered in full VR. They say it's a classic :v:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

whats that from lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

EVIL NOONER posted:

whats that from lol

Syfy's Dark Matter

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My canon consists of G-canon, the Dark Horse stuff, and the games that didn't suck. There is no other canon. This new stuff is the apocrypha.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I would imagine we'll need to wait for episode VIII and if Luke really did find the first Jedi Temple. And then let the nuEU fill it in some more.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Thwomp posted:

I would imagine we'll need to wait for episode VIII and if Luke really did find the first Jedi Temple. And then let the nuEU fill it in some more.

I'd hazard to say that we're not getting any real history until the sequel trilogy is done. Disney probably doesn't entirely know themselves what they might go with history wise so they definitely won't let some tie-in product force them to either ignore it, thus ruining the whole everything is canon approach they've adopted, or have it shove the universe somewhere they don't want.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

If you guys think Karen Taviss is bad, you should ask PoptartsNinja about what Michael Stackpole has done to the Battletech universe. He's just as lovely an author, if not worse in some respects.

PTN actually said he cannot really dislike Stackpole despite his failings because he does write decent female characters who can be better at fighting than their male counterparts (Ranna Kerensky for example).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think maybe a netflix or other CGI animated series that deals with early history of the Jedi and SIth would be pretty cool. If netflix they could just do like 12 episodes and flesh out that backstory. I always though the Legends version was a bit silly, where mysterious ships appeared out of nowhere and took force sensitives to Typhon and everything as already set up for them to learn how to use the force.

LIke who set everything up? The Celestials? The Rakata?

Though knowing NuCanon it would probably have something to do with the Ones.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i personally am not so into the jedi/sith stuff in star wars though i get its real popular among kids and other people

i like dashing rendars and hammy solos

also scummy villains

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

There haven't bee enough appearances from the stable of bounty hunters in Rebels, just Bossk in a book, and Sabine's buddy bounty hunter turned rebel Ketsu Onyo.

Plenty of memorable ones from Clone Wars they can use as well.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'd love for Embo to show up again

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My short list would probably be Embo, Cad Bane, Dengar (That Mummy gently caress!), or Zuckus.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
zuckus is nothing without 4-LOM, you hear me??? NOTHING!!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm shocked Boba hasn't shown up yet. I bet they're saving him for season 4 since they shot their wads on a bunch of big name characters already with Vader, Maul, and Thrawn.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Well, I guess it would be yet another chance for Boba to get owned by his kryptonite: a blind man. :v:

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i'm not shocked tbh. imperials don't like working with bounty hunters and it was somewhat of a desperate measure that the empire employed them. and that was for a famous hero of a united rebellion.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well, I guess it would be yet another chance for Boba to get owned by his kryptonite: a blind man. :v:

That hadn't even crossed my mind but now it absolutely has to happen.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

EVIL NOONER posted:

i'm not shocked tbh. imperials don't like working with bounty hunters and it was somewhat of a desperate measure that the empire employed them. and that was for a famous hero of a united rebellion.

They've pissed off more than just the Empire though. Azmorrigan I'm sure has no scruples about using Bounty Hunters

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see a bounty hunter / assassin droid borrowing its personality from HK-47.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
Defiant Proclamation: HK-47 is still fully functioning and as such theres no reason he cant appear himself. Meatbag. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

EVIL NOONER posted:

Specifically, it was Vader who hired them. The Empire true believers wouldn't do it, it denies that the Empire is all powerful.

• Locked thread