Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Translated Raws

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/152852884367/shingeki-no-kyojinattack-on-titan-chapter-87

Quite a gruesome chapter. Eldians confirmed to be the only ones who are affected by titan powers. Mario Nazi get what he deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sub Harrison posted:

Translated Raws

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/152852884367/shingeki-no-kyojinattack-on-titan-chapter-87

Quite a gruesome chapter. Eldians confirmed to be the only ones who are affected by titan powers. Mario Nazi get what he deserves.

That seems like an odd time to blow his cover.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sub Harrison posted:

Translated Raws

How nice of the translator to break up the dull chapter with some refreshing reaction images.

Big Boner Stacy posted:

That seems like an odd time to blow his cover.

We might have later chapters from the Owl's perspective--his titan power looks to be the same one that Grisha and Eren have, which means that Eren might have his memories as well.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Schwarzwald posted:

How nice of the translator to break up the dull chapter with some refreshing reaction images.

We might have later chapters from the Owl's perspective--his titan power looks to be the same one that Grisha and Eren have, which means that Eren might have his memories as well.

Ah, good catch!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
On second thought, it's probably more likely Eren won't have the Owl's memories.

The story has already established that you need to be descended from someone to have their memories--that was the whole point behind bringing the King's titan power outside the royal bloodline after all. So unless the Owl is Grisha's great-grandad or something, that shouldn't happen.

Although, the Owl purposely had Grisha recruited into the resistance, and only chose until Grisha was in danger to act, so it's not off the table that there is a blood relation.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

nice

manga good

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

On second thought, it's probably more likely Eren won't have the Owl's memories.

The story has already established that you need to be descended from someone to have their memories--that was the whole point behind bringing the King's titan power outside the royal bloodline after all. So unless the Owl is Grisha's great-grandad or something, that shouldn't happen.

Although, the Owl purposely had Grisha recruited into the resistance, and only chose until Grisha was in danger to act, so it's not off the table that there is a blood relation.

we saw before Eren had one of Freida's memories so he doesn't have to be related. I don't think the super-secret-blood-relatives-only power of the coordinate Reiss mentioned has been revealed yet. My guess is anyone can use it to control the mindless titans, but only royals can control other shifters. Reiss did say Freida would have had no trouble defeating Grisha that night had she more practice with her titan's power

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sub Harrison posted:

we saw before Eren had one of Freida's memories so he doesn't have to be related.

I must have missed or forgotten this. Do you know what chapter it came up?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
This is totally from memory, but I thought that you only had to be part of the Reiss bloodline to access the memories at will, they're still there in Eren, just hard to access.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I must have missed or forgotten this. Do you know what chapter it came up?

Chapter 53. He saw her in a mirror from her memory's perspective.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
So Owl will have Grisha eat him and became a shifter, and then he will go infiltrate the Walls. Later, he will eat Freida and get the coordinate, and finally will make Eren eat him.

So Eren has Frieda and Owl's titan powers inside him

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Part of his plan seems to include Dina somehow, since he didn't want Klaus to know she had royal blood. Though she's kinda dead now so so much for that.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 9, 2016

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

So Owl will have Grisha eat him and became a shifter, and then he will go infiltrate the Walls. Later, he will eat Freida and get the coordinate, and finally will make Eren eat him.

Yup, so Eren has collected 2 of the 9 dragon balls. Once he eats all 9 shifters he can turn everyone back into humans and rid the world of titan powers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh if only Eldians can turn into Titans maybe the coordinate memory wiping won't work on non-Eldians either, and that's why the Ackermans are immune: They're actually descended from non-Eldians. Doesn't explain the weird super strength/reflexes thing though.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Oh if only Eldians can turn into Titans maybe the coordinate memory wiping won't work on non-Eldians either, and that's why the Ackermans are immune: They're actually descended from non-Eldians. Doesn't explain the weird super strength/reflexes thing though.

Maybe the Ackerman's are Marley's secret royal family? They might be how they were able to capture the 7 titans in the first place.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

RatHat posted:

Well, if someone in the past messed around with genetics to make their clan capable of transforming into Titans, it could be a second clan that messed around with genetics in a different way, giving them strength and high reflexes. Unsuccessfully because they were mostly wiped out lol.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mangastream

https://mangastream.com/r/attack_on_titan/087/3788/1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Elias_Maluco posted:

Now all Eren needs is an S2 engine and he can become god

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

So Chuckles is Monkey Titan's mom and Chuckles is also Eren's sorta step mother. Titanception everybody.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I don't know if this is an anime-only stylistic thing, but during fights in the anime, Eren sometimes talks in a deeper and animalistic voice. "I'll devour you, kill every one of you, etc." Now that we know that Titans are vessels of generational hatred, I'm curious just whose voice that is. Grisha? Owl? Some primordial Titan whose memories have not yet been touched?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
so Annie's titan had big ol titan titties just cause? Grisha's girl just became that non-distinct long haired titan we all know and love

KoB
May 1, 2009

HoneyBoy posted:

so Annie's titan had big ol titan titties just cause? Grisha's girl just became that non-distinct long haired titan we all know and love

Thats part of her specific titan form. Ymir doesnt have titties either.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Huh, I guess we really haven't really seen a large enough sample of titan shifters I guess

I remember people saying that titan shifter's titan forms resembled their human forms and for some that works, like Reiner and that small titan that showed up in this previous chapter. But then you have like, monkey trouble, Bert etc. then again those are special serums and these people being shipped off as a punishment just get a syringe of w/e titan spinal fluid right

Lots of mysteries at work here

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 10, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Presumably someone else using the Armored or Colossal Titan powers would look a bit different.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Something else that just occured to me: do you remember of member's of the Owl's resistance movement identified themselves through ritual scarring? That's the same way titan shifters trigger their transformation.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KoB posted:

Thats part of her specific titan form. Ymir doesnt have titties either.

The rare Boobs Titan, which I don't think we've seen another example of yet.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
So now that we've got an idea of three factions (+ scouting legion) at play, how do the Titans we've met fit in? I guess I'm just not seeing why the Marleyans would want to come cock up the island.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sarcophallus posted:

So now that we've got an idea of three factions (+ scouting legion) at play, how do the Titans we've met fit in? I guess I'm just not seeing why the Marleyans would want to come cock up the island.

The exact thing they were recruiting for before the rebels were caught?

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

The exact thing they were recruiting for before the rebels were caught?

I guess I'm just saying that's a dumb plot device and I expect something better. There's a reason that we're not sending folks to infiltrate North Korea, and it's because it'd be profoundly stupid and a waste of time and resources to do so.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sarcophallus posted:

I guess I'm just saying that's a dumb plot device and I expect something better. There's a reason that we're not sending folks to infiltrate North Korea, and it's because it'd be profoundly stupid and a waste of time and resources to do so.

Well, we would be sending folks in NK if the biggest oil deposit in the world was below them and toppling the current regime can be done cleanly by obtaining mind altering powers from the king!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And also if we carried a deep-seated generational hatred of them

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, we would be sending folks in NK if the biggest oil deposit in the world was below them and toppling the current regime can be done cleanly by obtaining mind altering powers from the king!

See: Iraq

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Turin Turambar posted:

Also, the isle, with its "millions of titans" inside the walls, is a lot more dangerous than NK can be

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Say Nothing posted:

Every Titan has tits, it's inherent in their name. Some just have bigger ones than the others.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Elias_Maluco posted:

Also, the isle, with its "millions of titans" inside the walls, is a lot more dangerous than NK can be

For those of you in the US, or familiar with US states, one million people is approximately one Montana.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Squidster posted:

I don't know if this is an anime-only stylistic thing, but during fights in the anime, Eren sometimes talks in a deeper and animalistic voice. "I'll devour you, kill every one of you, etc." Now that we know that Titans are vessels of generational hatred, I'm curious just whose voice that is. Grisha? Owl? Some primordial Titan whose memories have not yet been touched?

its probably the voice of the dude that watched titans eat his mom and swore an oath to kill every titan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terror Sweat posted:

its probably the voice of the dude that watched titans eat his mom and swore an oath to kill every titan

Indeed.

Seriously most peoples voices change a bit when angry.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Can someone write a summary of these last couple chapters? I've gotten lost in forgotten characters of old and the new ones they are introducing.

Also why is Eren in jail

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Drythe posted:

Can someone write a summary of these last couple chapters? I've gotten lost in forgotten characters of old and the new ones they are introducing.

Also why is Eren in jail

Insubordination for what happened at Wall Maria

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Say Nothing posted:

I juuuuust realized that's why they call her the capital-letter "Female Titan" even though there are plenty of female titans around.

Whole lot of lady.