Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kurieg posted:

The thing about Sera that pissed me of the most is the scene where she blackmails an elf inquisitor into renouncing their religion if they want to stay in a relationship

That was really bad, but I found Sera's party banter to be pretty good (depending on who else is with you, obviously)

Her accent was a mistake though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mymla posted:

Yeah, same. Only human protagonists, and humans being the bestest at everything for no reason has always been one of the worst parts of mass effect.

Kind of wish humans where a little more like how they are shown in Babylon 5. Sure they showed up and ended up kicking a mid-tier species rear end but then got curbed stomped after picking a fight with the toughest species on the bock.

precision posted:

They should really tie the DA and ME games together by putting Iron Bull in. We know from Kasumi's loyalty mission that they take place in the same universe.

How so? (I never played any of the DA games so I would have no idea what to look for). Was it something similar to the Alien head trophy in Predator 2?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I really want to be excited for this but there's this nagging voice in the back of my head that keeps saying "feature creep ruins everything". Based on a few of the things I've read and after what they did in DA:I I'm worried they're going to add a ton of annoying resource gathering/management and superficial base building crap.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

BexGu posted:

Kind of wish humans where a little more like how they are shown in Babylon 5. Sure they showed up and ended up kicking a mid-tier species rear end but then got curbed stomped after picking a fight with the toughest species on the bock.

You mean like the reapers? And wasn't there a Human-Batarian war before the series? Or was it Turians? I forget.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You mean like the reapers? And wasn't there a Human-Batarian war before the series? Or was it Turians? I forget.

Turians and humans had a minor skirmish which introduced humans to the broader galaxy. Humans and Batarians had a small scale war right before ME1.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

It would have been more if the humans accidentally started a war with the Asari.

A very sexy war

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It was a minor skirmish to the Turians. For humans it was a huge deal.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It was a minor skirmish to the Turians. For humans it was a huge deal.

I always liked that. The humans call it the First Contact War. The turians call it the "relay <numbers> incident" :v:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

moist turtleneck posted:

I didn't hear the tuba sound of the reapers in the preview and I'm kinda upset that I won't know that the reapers are around if there's no farting

the fart sound travels infinitely far so there will be a random point in the game where you hear a reaper fart out of nowhere

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

BexGu posted:

How so? (I never played any of the DA games so I would have no idea what to look for). Was it something similar to the Alien head trophy in Predator 2?

Probably? You raid this rich guy's vault and in addition to Michelangelo's David, part of the Statue of Liberty, and futuristic Famous Space Art, there's a statute of a DA Ogre or something like that.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

god save us from comic book nerds and their lust for continuity

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is probably a lost cause but is it possible to change which PSN account I have linked to my EA account? I want to keep all my ME3 multiplayer stats with it from playing on the 360 but the PSN I had linked to it is an old throwaway (which I probably should have just kept but it was different than my name basically everywhere else and you can't change PSN names for reasons).

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hot diggity! :dance:

Oh. :smith:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hot diggity! :dance:

Oh. :smith:

Yeah. I spent like ten minutes filling that poo poo in, then... gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

AriadneThread posted:

god save us from comic book nerds and their lust for continuity

Rude.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope Sera is in ME:A and you can kill her.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope Sera is in ME:A and you can kill her.

The more companions I can kill off by the end, the better the game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

moist turtleneck posted:

I didn't hear the tuba sound of the reapers in the preview and I'm kinda upset that I won't know that the reapers are around if there's no farting

I found this for you to enjoy friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisHcuBzTCM

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Probably? You raid this rich guy's vault and in addition to Michelangelo's David, part of the Statue of Liberty, and futuristic Famous Space Art, there's a statute of a DA Ogre or something like that.

There's that, and in DAI there's a mounted Krogan head in a trophy room in the mission Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Transmogrifier posted:

There's that, and in DAI there's a mounted Krogan head in a trophy room in the mission Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts.

Nods to other games don't really mean they're canonically in the same universe. Devs do that poo poo all the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nods to other games don't really mean they're canonically in the same universe. Devs do that poo poo all the time.

Get this:

Nothing "really" means anything because these are made up stories!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
easter eggs are common across all media and mean little more than the in-jokes they obviously are

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I assume, or at least hope, that absolutely nobody in here is the Game Theory guy trying to make a claim as to the objective truth of whether two game series "really" take place in the same Universe. Good gravy, y'all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Not in this case. A Krogan crash landed in Ferlden and died. They chopped off his head and put it on the wall. Then used the tech to do things.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Waltzing Along posted:

Not in this case. A Krogan crash landed in Ferlden and died. They chopped off his head and put it on the wall. Then used the tech to do things.

Like a krogan wouldn't survive the crash and conquer the planet. What is elf magic compared to noodle fueled krogan might?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Bioware had better finally let me have a space hamster party member, or no sale.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

I wasn't suggesting anything, just sharing some trivia. :)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Bioware had better finally let me have a space hamster party member, or no sale.

You can get a space monkey if you buy the expensive edition. Minsc probably wouldn't approve as much however.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is the only difference between the "Expensive Edition" and the "Ludicrously Expensive Edition" the extra 19 multiplayer packs?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

They already gave you a cute robo-dog pet.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Is the only difference between the "Expensive Edition" and the "Ludicrously Expensive Edition" the extra 19 multiplayer packs?

yep and you can earn those packs just from playing I bet

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
The Expensive Edition also comes with the game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

losonti tokash posted:

The Expensive Edition also comes with the game.

Unlike the version with the remote control car.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Teron D Amun posted:

yep and you can earn those packs just from playing I bet

If it's like ME3 then definitely.

Just play a human engineer since those are unlocked from the start with the lightest pistol available. You're only there to spam powers anyway so the loot box gear grind is a non factor :v:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

DancingShade posted:

If it's like ME3 then definitely.

Just play a human engineer since those are unlocked from the start with the lightest pistol available. You're only there to spam powers anyway so the loot box gear grind is a non factor :v:

But the little doohickeys and widgets on some guns make you spam harder and/or faster so you can top the scoreboards in this cooperative game.

They couldn't be bothered with competitive MP, could they? Volus Vanguards vs Volus Vanguards would look like the Sonic game we never got.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
One of my favorite multiplayer builds was a N7 Demolisher with max grenade gear and my level nine harrier. I'd camp my ammo pylon, poo poo tech grenades everywhere for the vanguard to charge into, and finish off stuff with a rain of bullets.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Trast posted:

One of my favorite multiplayer builds was a N7 Demolisher with max grenade gear and my level nine harrier. I'd camp my ammo pylon, poo poo tech grenades everywhere for the vanguard to charge into, and finish off stuff with a rain of bullets.

This except with a Krysae back before they nerfed it. Also either the Piranha or the assault rifle that fired grenades, can't remember it's name.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I imagine at like four years old the multiplayer for ME3 is pretty much dead, right? Y'all got me wanting to try it some more.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
What was the big deal with ME3 MP? I tried it a couple of times and it was the same boring cover-shooting that the main game had: nothing I would want to play in its own right...

What was I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was just a really good Horde mode. If you hate the gameplay it isn't going to change your mind.