Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

"And you're gonna keep serving it to the bin until I see a perfect risotto!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I looked down at the empty treat bag, crumpled in the trash bin. "This is my last pack," I promised. "I gotta get slim, for Chili."

For a hot second I even meant it.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

mistaya posted:

I looked down at the empty treat bag, crumpled in the trash bin. "This is my last pack," I promised. "I gotta get slim, for Chili."

:drat:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Chili posted:

Sunday is here! Butterscotch caption contest time:

Quote the picture and include the caption, weehoo!

"Don't forget to recycle! I'll recycle any scraps for you. No problem. Ham, turkey, whatever. Gotta take care of the planet, you know."

EDIT: "A-are you sure it's empty? Maybe we should check again."

JackMann fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 7, 2016

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

"Maybe I could quit cold turkey just a little bit at a time, for instance between snack times. There are still gonna be snack times, right?"

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

"What the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

"For your own safety I highly recommend that this container be used for all treat storage....Also because I can open it at my leisure."

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Chili posted:

no, in fact this is not an accurate representation of my digestive system in the old days, chili. har de har har

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Chili posted:

"Adjacent to refuse is refuse....

...unless it's chicken."

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chili posted:

We recycle in this house motherfucker.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Chili posted:

One man's trash is another man's butter!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Chili posted:

Ikea? Jackpot!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Another strong week of captions but this:

mistaya posted:

Is a pretty clear winner.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

"Don't shame me, Chili, I'm getting the weight off :ohdear:."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chili posted:

Edit: Too late to get in on this one, but an adorable picture regardless.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 9, 2016

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

Chili posted:

"What? You actually threw those treats away? I thought we were posing for a picture!"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

:neckbeard:

You have to admit he's got the 1000-yard stare of a proper Noire actor.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Butters has very impressive penmanship for someone who doesn't have opposable thumbs :3:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Chili, I think the US is going to need more Butters pictures to survive the next few days.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Chili, I think the US is going to need more Butters pictures to survive the next few days years.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Chili, I think the US is going to need more Butters pictures to survive the next few decades.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Chili, I think the US is going to need more Butters pictures to survive the next few years.

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Chili, I think the US world is going to need more Butters pictures to survive the next few days years.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butterscotch is gravely concerned:

Concerned about making sure he laps up all of the cheese he licked off my fingers after I stress ate an entire pizza.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
My little Schnoozl is getting along so well with our older kitty, Gypsy (18 freaking years old!). She even licked him yesterday.

He's also started exploring the great outdoors, so we had to buy him a collar and name tag.

Unfortunately, he's also discovered my knitting. You can imagine the mess he made.

All in all, for an orphaned, feral colony kitten, he's doing pretty darn good.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
A lovely fall day meant it was time for some more cross training!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChI32ZPhiPo

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Chili posted:

I really needed this.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Soon he will be unstoppable.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chili posted:

I love that Butters, when put down outside, immediately dashes back for inside. It's like opposite cat behavior.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Kwyndig posted:

I love that Butters, when put down outside, immediately dashes back for inside. It's like opposite cat behavior.

Clearly you've never had a conditioned indoor kitty. I'm amazed he could even run, and didn't just slink low and crawl.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

According to Chili, he likes it outside, but he doesn't stray too far from the house.

He's a good Butters and I'm glad he's a nice ray of light.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

Pander posted:

Clearly you've never had a conditioned indoor kitty. I'm amazed he could even run, and didn't just slink low and crawl.

My mother has a cat that used to be terrified of going outside, but has gotten more and more bold as time goes on and is now coming back with lizards, birds, and mice in his mouth.

He's a huge cat, very fluffy, and his name is Rex.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Soon he will be unstoppable.

What if he balances out and becomes both the Immovable Object and the Unstoppable Force?

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Chili posted:

Catorcise

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yes. I do have too much time on my hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPmL8HDTVGo

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Chili posted:

:magical: The Butterhunt should be an event at every holiday.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Chili posted:

The Hunt for Orange Octobutter.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

Please never stop posting Butter videos. Thanks.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Hope y'all don't mind a crosspost (by me) from the cute thread in PYF, but I thought you fine folks might appreciate it.

I work at a specialty pet store/dog wash, where people can wash their dogs themselves or have us do it for them. We got a call earlier today from a new customer looking for a full serve appointment for a Keeshond (think small dark akita) she had just picked up from a family friend. Apparently, the new customer, "Lana," had driven up from Massachusetts into Maine after talking with the dog's owner and having met the dog many times over a few years while visiting her mother. She was concerned the dog, Zenni, was being neglected and had finally convinced the owner to let her take Zenni and find her a home that fit her needs.

I didn't know any of these details when Lana, her daughter Sylvia, and Zenni walked through the door, all I thought was "Holy poo poo, when was the last time this dog was brushed??" I was completely poleaxed by the state this poor pup was in. She clearly hadn't been brushed in what I'm sure was MONTHS, and had poop stuck to her butt as well as more than a couple fleas. I put her in the tub and was tugging handfuls of matted hair out of her, which she took extremely well. Most dogs hate the bath and many aren't fond of being brushed, especially when you're pulling fist-sized matts out of them, but Zenni was a loving champ. She panted hard the whole time but only whined twice, let me maneuver her as needed, and even clip her nails and use our industrial blow drier. I can't have a dog due to job/living space but I kind of fell in love with her, and really wish I could have taken her. She has an amazing temperament.

All of this was great, but I ended up spending well over 2 hours on Zenni, well past the time my shift ended. I think I became a bit maniacal, I ended up using a special conditioner and conditioning spray that I didn't charge Lana for because goddamn was I gonna make that dog pretty. After the first hour and a half or so Lana and Sylvia (mid-20's) came back from an errand and hung around while I finished up so I learned her whole story as written above. Her previous owner fed her only once a day, in the mornings. Zenni was usually housebroken unless "her owner was gone for 14 hours or so." She got very little exercise, but was luckily neither obese or emaciated. And god, what a good loving dog. She was sweet as could be, and I really, really, really wish I was in a position to take her.

At the end, I finally let Zenni go. Lana took a picture of us and texted it to me, which was lovely of her, and promised to let me know if they would decide to keep her themselves or rehome her after an extensive background check--Lana's done this sort of thing before. I promised to post on Facebook if she became available. Additionally, Lana mentioned she'd like to give me a tip on her credit card, which was very nice, but I usually expect about $5, maybe $10. My coworker rung her up, so I didn't see it until they left.

Lana tipped me $50.

Moral of the story: if you know anyone who is neglecting their dog, you can convince them--maybe over a long period of time--that the dog, cat, or whatever might be better elsewhere. Sometimes you win that fight and the animal goes on to a wonderful life they never could have dreamed.

If you know of a animal like this, don't wait. Broach the subject, make your argument. Let it simmer if you have to. But if the results are anything like Zenni, you won't be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

You are a good person, and that is an awesome dog.