Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Sometimes the endless powerlevel debates, waifu wars, and relentless shitposting makes me forget why I like this series.

Then something new is released and I get sucked into the insanity once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://m.imgur.com/a/3RL5b

Extella album. Cool alt costumes and chibis!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm pretty sad Lu Bu didn't get a casual outfit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kidgamesh got a NP upgrade quest, woo! He and Robin are my best archers.

I don't see much difference, but I guess the numbers are bigger now.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
MAXIMUM EXTELLA SPOILERS

Velber
- Harvester Star
- a comet shaped like a teary eye that appears in the Milky Way every 14000 years
- a different type of observation device left behind by the alien civilization that created the Moon Cell
- every passing, it destroys intelligent life
- last time it passed over Earth, it wiped out 80% of the Moon Cell's data
- has a core planetoid and several ships surrounding it like armor
- the ships are various invasion weapons
- Altera, the White Titan was one of 3 ships that fell to the Solar System 14000 years ago
- she has a "brother" and "sister" but they're not in this story

Anti Cell
- vanguard sent by the Velber
- organic lifeform designed by the Void Cell to destroy civilization efficiently, like how high-level information lifeform (Servants) are designed based on Earth cultures by the Moon Cell
- every Anti Cell has a different approach, but all grow by absorbing spiritron from intelligent beings and have no sustenance once all are destroyed
- harvestors that work purely for the Velber's directive

Altera (Moon)
- the mysterious Saber that appeared from the unknown region
- main heroine of Extella, the 3rd servant you have

Altera (Earth)
- the backup brain of the Attilaight Cell that destroyed the surface
- discovered sleeping in the remains of the giant by the Huns and raised by them
- she became Attila the Hun after that (ie. this is Grand Order Altera)

Attilaight Cell
- the Anti Cell that fell to the Moon after being purged by the Velber
- the "Titan" Anti Cell that absorbs mana from the civilization she destroys and uses it to grow bigger, designed to destroy itself once the task is done
- a whole lot of personality stuff, I won't go into that right now

These may not be entirely correct:
- she invaded SERAPH as an Anti Cell, and also sent her own data to Earth to create a material body (avatar), invading both at the same time
- did huge damage to both, but was beaten by the Moon Cell on the Moon and by the wielder of the holy sword on Earth
- on Earth she became a corpse, but on the Moon she was sealed since Moon Cell had no way to wipe her out
- Altera (Moon) stayed in the Star of Tears (her ship?) which became the separated "unknown territory"
- 14000 years past and Altera wakes up as the Velber approach the galaxy again

Gameplay time:

quote:

So Nasu put up a new blog entry mentioning Extella

Each heroine's route takes average 4 hours to complete, plus about 2 hours for sub stories for that route's servants

2ch (looking at achievement) says there is a true route after the 3 are complete

Assuming 6 hours per route x 4 routes = 24 hours to complete the story content (disregarding repeat play, etc.) which is basically what Famitsu reported
That's quite a bit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:psyduck: sasuga nasu

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I have been trying our Arash and he is amazing. He will be the next guy i would grail after kinoki.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I loving love the Fate series.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
God drat in the JP version of FGO I've never gotten a single 5*, just a 4* Herc after 6 months along with event 4* heroes before root banning.

Played the Chinese version upon release(half month) and I pulled 2 Gilgesh, 1 Orion and 1 Kintoki.

:trumppop: I never knew how OP 5* heroes were until now.

EzEight fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 9, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You don't have five star friend?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

https://m.imgur.com/a/3RL5b

Extella album. Cool alt costumes and chibis!

Why am I not surprised Iskandar's casual clothes are loving combat fatigues and a tank top?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Nyaa posted:

You don't have five star friend?

Other peoples units aren't as good as your own.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You say that, but he has Orion

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Orion is actually good though

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

All five stars are good. Some just better than others.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
As an Orion owner, i will NOT allow anyone to say bad things about Orion. She loving eats male servants like candy and she has VERY big boobs!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She is the Sumanai of 5*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

She is the Sumanai of 5*

tehre's a billion more male servants than dragons

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is true

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The ratio of male and female servant are actually a close 5:5 to 4:6 for all classes. Female obviously have the most five stars, but it doesn't matter much when your enemy use a different hp formula in encounter.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Orion is actually amazing in the Camalot chapter. I'd say the Sumanai of 5 stars is Amatsuka really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Amakusa is actually p good iirc, just not godlike or anything. I will not shittalk Orion as much though, if she actually is that useful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hassan is a Five-Star in my heart. (His dodge skill is soooooooo good!)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

You want a good dodge skill, go look at Cu Alter's Protection from Arrows. All the fun of three dodges and on a much better Servant who can abuse the gently caress out of it.

Captain Baal posted:

Amakusa is actually p good iirc, just not godlike or anything.

He, like Angra, was designed to be a boss and not a player Servant. His only real niche is being able to mass remove enemy buffs, and that has been partially useful exactly once so far. Otherwise he's got pitiful damage output (even at level 100 he can't clear hands unbuffed), a lovely skill set, and is limited for that extra gently caress you.

quote:

I will not shittalk Orion as much though, if she actually is that useful.

She does one thing, and that one thing is to murder Gawain in Camelot.

Her voice is still awful though.

EDIT: The current worst 5* is probably a tie between Brynhildr and I guess Iskandar because the former's niche is nigh useless and the latter just has an awful skill set. Vanilla Jeanne isn't doing too hot either, but she at least has "was really, really good back at launch" going for her.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 10, 2016

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Orion is really useful, not only she does extra damage vs guys but her guaranteed NP drain, Atk down and Arts NP make an excellent basis for stall teams. She even has EotM(F) to stall some more and take advantage of any stars that float her way and her first skill gives her a Def boost for even more survivability. (Also debuff resistance, for those enemies that put annoying debuffs on you).

It gave excellent results vs raid Ibaraki and in Camelot vs Gawain and Mordred, who barely got a chance to use their NPs despite their buffs.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Nov 10, 2016

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

As an Orion owner, i will NOT allow anyone to say bad things about Orion. She loving eats male servants like candy and she has VERY big boobs!

I have NP2 TamaLancer for that though
Despite the poo poo people give her over the drawbacks it's really easy to play around (charm when they've already got a full bar, don't use 3rd skill unless you've got a brave chain without her NP).

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: The current worst 5* is probably a tie between Brynhildr and I guess Iskandar because the former's niche is nigh useless and the latter just has an awful skill set. Vanilla Jeanne isn't doing too hot either, but she at least has "was really, really good back at launch" going for her.

Maybe this question will expose my fundamental lack of understanding of the game, but is Iskandar's skill set really that bad? Seems to me like it's tailor-made for going nova with 3xBuster NP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His buster NP is worse than Drake's and it emphasizes his own damage output which is not particularly stellar. Like he's pretty mediocre.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can someone say if Extella is PSTV compatible? Vitas are still kinda pricy...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Maybe this question will expose my fundamental lack of understanding of the game, but is Iskandar's skill set really that bad? Seems to me like it's tailor-made for going nova with 3xBuster NP.

Charisma and Military Tactics are effectively filler skills; they're not particularly awful, but they're not very useful either. Iskandar has both, which means right away he only has one actual skill. And Conqueror of Lightning is just a generic Buster buff. So all three of his skills are generic as hell.

Well, okay, how does he perform in battle? Awfully, because his generic skillset is overall geared toward buffing his NP... his really weak AoE NP. He doesn't have particularly great NP gain either, so he can't even spam it.

Drake is his direct competitor, and she has a NP Interlude, Pioneer of the Stars, and just for extra insult Voyager of the Storm which is literally Charisma and Military Tactics in one skill slot. And like I mentioned earlier, for the most part 3* Berserkers can handle clearing chaff just fine, so his counterpart in lore Darius is also arguably more useful.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Oooh, got myself a Gawain from a random single roll! How is he?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Charisma and Military Tactics are effectively filler skills; they're not particularly awful, but they're not very useful either. Iskandar has both, which means right away he only has one actual skill. And Conqueror of Lightning is just a generic Buster buff. So all three of his skills are generic as hell.

Well, okay, how does he perform in battle? Awfully, because his generic skillset is overall geared toward buffing his NP... his really weak AoE NP. He doesn't have particularly great NP gain either, so he can't even spam it.

Drake is his direct competitor, and she has a NP Interlude, Pioneer of the Stars, and just for extra insult Voyager of the Storm which is literally Charisma and Military Tactics in one skill slot. And like I mentioned earlier, for the most part 3* Berserkers can handle clearing chaff just fine, so his counterpart in lore Darius is also arguably more useful.

See, I've always seen Drake as de facto only having two skills because Golden Rule and other NP generation buffs, to me at least, are the most useless skill category in the game. Servants seem to either not need it, because they already build their NP bar quickly, or it doesn't do anything for them because it's percentage-based .

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

NP generation buffs are only good on Servants who you want to spam their NP. Drake qualifies quite nicely, and gets both flavors to make life easier. And Pioneer of the Stars grants free stars too so she's got utility outside of wave clearing too.

Contrast Iskandar who's entirely reliant on Waver or slapping a Kaleidoscope on him and praying for an Arts chain.

But yes, Golden Rule is pretty much another filler skill. But having effectively two skills is better than effectively only having one. :v:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oooh, got myself a Gawain from a random single roll! How is he?

Gawain's cool. 3 Buster cards, good skills, and a neat sunlight gimmick. He doesn't even mind having an AoE NP much, since he can do a Buster Brave chain on his own. Get him some stars and watch him go.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 11, 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
What's the consensus on Jeanne Alter? I can buff her into extreme poo poo-kicker range with some crit stars from Arturia or a good star-making support, plus stacking attack buffs, but she's kinda squishy.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Jeanne Alter is one of the Servants people argue about as best Servant in the game, so that kind of says it all right there.

Her damage output is loving insane, and the shenanigans she can get up to with Buster Brave chains more than outweigh not having class advantage most of the time. She's not as tanky as vanilla Jeanne, but she takes regular damage from everything so she's not as fragile as you might think either. And hey, best defense is a good offense and all that.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

She's also my wife.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She already has a wife and her name is Brynhildr.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Jeanne really loves Norse mythology in general.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Probably not a big fan of Surtr, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I wish there was a handy guide to how good/bad all servants were, the one on reddit is out of date and is missing a lot of servants.