Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

How many times have Rey and Chavo wrestled each other between their WCW/WWE days? It's easily in the triple digits, right?

probably, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand
Oh that was completely stupid

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Oh that was completely stupid

HOLD ONNNNNNNN

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
what

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Have you forgotten how much I love violence?!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dario is the best

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Ok I'm not dissatisfied with that outcome :)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Smell ya later Chavo

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Dario is the best

I like that Dario has been characterized enough that this wasn't out of character for him. The only things he cares about are money, power, violence, the Temple, and his brother. He doesn't have to be a heel for no reason, Rey has never crossed him, and there's no reason he would want his main event to end in a wet fart DQ that sends one of his biggest draws away forever.

So, yeah, there were a lot of rumors swirling around before this match that Rey was about to go back to WWE. The crowd (including me) bought that false finish HARD, and after Dario restarted the match, the whole thing was super hot.

Nice side note from the taping, after Chavo got the whole "na na na, hey hey" treatment and he left, after the cameras were off, he came back in the ring and gave a speech. Saying that his roots dated back to wrestling here, and he may be done in the Temple but he's not done for good with wrestling, etc. He got a "thank you Chavo" and "Guerrerros" chant and it was a nice proper sendoff for a guy that is great at getting heel heat but the crowd actually likes as a real person.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That's real cool! I didn't rightly care for Chavo's character in LU anyways, and he probably enjoys his position in production of the show as well. Unfortunately Rey Rey's gonna have to hang it up soon, i just hope it's not too soon (or too late for that matter)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I normally don't like false finishes, on the other Dario howling at the referee for daring to call a DQ was so good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just caught the ending and that was really well done and a great example of how LU makes everyone look strong. Chavo got to cheat, have it work, and Rey still gets the great baby face win.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

StarkRavingMad posted:

yeah twice they've accidentally dropped a commercial in at random

I don't think it was random. It happened every vignette, and if it persists I'm going to be supremely pissed off.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think it was random. It happened every vignette, and if it persists I'm going to be supremely pissed off.

It's not happening on the replay, so it likely was a glitch

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like that Dario has been characterized enough that this wasn't out of character for him. The only things he cares about are money, power, violence, the Temple, and his brother. He doesn't have to be a heel for no reason, Rey has never crossed him, and there's no reason he would want his main event to end in a wet fart DQ that sends one of his biggest draws away forever.

So, yeah, there were a lot of rumors swirling around before this match that Rey was about to go back to WWE. The crowd (including me) bought that false finish HARD, and after Dario restarted the match, the whole thing was super hot.

Nice side note from the taping, after Chavo got the whole "na na na, hey hey" treatment and he left, after the cameras were off, he came back in the ring and gave a speech. Saying that his roots dated back to wrestling here, and he may be done in the Temple but he's not done for good with wrestling, etc. He got a "thank you Chavo" and "Guerrerros" chant and it was a nice proper sendoff for a guy that is great at getting heel heat but the crowd actually likes as a real person.

Christ, I bought that false finish hard, and it's awesome that they're actively thinking about how wrestling 'works' when they're planning out things..that's why it was completely believable that the match would end like that, wrestling fans have been trained to expect that...and then turn it on it's head by having El Jefe come out and go 'that's a pretty loving stupid way to end a big match, so..gently caress that.' It's also awesome that they've built this weird trust between Dario and the fans...we just know when he comes out, poo poo's going to get taken care of.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I love the Believers' weird relationship with El Jefe. He's an evil piece of poo poo who sometimes screws over our favorite guys, but he's OUR evil piece of poo poo and you can't say he doesn't deliver.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I didn't really buy into that false finish. Once they showed Chavo Sr., I knew he was going to get involved and get Junior DQed only for Dario to overturn it. It was predictable, but as usual, the cool thing is not the finish, but how we get there.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress chavo

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Chavo sucks

We'll miss you Chavo :(

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I love the Believers' weird relationship with El Jefe. He's an evil piece of poo poo who sometimes screws over our favorite guys, but he's OUR evil piece of poo poo and you can't say he doesn't deliver.

The crowd in things like Bloodsport were mostly scumbags so this is no different

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftXDzciZFg

I didn't know if I wanted Mil Muertes to speak, but his grunting roughly-accented grasp of english is pretty appropriate for a murdergolem

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftXDzciZFg

I didn't know if I wanted Mil Muertes to speak, but his grunting roughly-accented grasp of english is pretty appropriate for a murdergolem

When was it, the first season? When he was just shouting three-word sentences at Catrina, and it was hard to tell if he was actually speaking English or just doing it phonetically? Either way, Ricky Banderas' oddly adorable twitter has already ruined Mils' grunty scariness for me, so he might as well get his full sentences in on camera now. I kinda like that the two non-speakers through the beginning of the show are now cutting promos to each other. Seems fitting!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That reminds me, why did he turn up inexplicably in a suit last week?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ICHIBAHN posted:

Because he is one pimpin motherfucker.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

He was coming back from a funeral

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/796426290010042368

https://twitter.com/AngelicoAAA/status/796426481723281408

Errrrrryday

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So, yesterday was a little weird, yeah? But we don't need to talk about all that in here. If one thing can bring us together in these stressful and divisive times, and soothe our worries at least for an hour, perhaps it is huddling around the warm glow of some lucha. Because tonight poo poo BE POPPIN OFF, YO

LAST WEEK:
Cortez Castro "won" the Dial O' Doom and got to face Matanza and had his arm (including his cast) broke again. And then Dario called him a rat. Which he is, so fair enough.
Prince Puma called out Mil Muertes for Grave Consequences, and Catrina and a pimp-suit wearing Mil accepted.
Son of Havoc defeated Dr. Wagner Jr, which means Mascarita Sagrada got to pick the stipulation for his match against Famous B. He chose Believers' Backlash, with the Believers bringing their own weapons.
Rey Mysterio defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr. (after a timely restart by Dario), meaning Chavo is gone from Lucha Underground.

THIS WEEK:
A five-on-five match for entry into Aztec Warfare!
Mascarita Sagrada v. Famous B (Believers' Backlash)!
Prince Puma v. Mil Muertes (Grave Consequences)!
and I'm sure some other story stuff!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
"This is supposed to be your trademark match, STOP loving IT UP"

eljackass
May 19, 2004

This is pretty awesome so far

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is like CHIKARA levels of wacky

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Benne posted:

And it's magnificent.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHAHA the valet girl (I forget her name) using the roll of TP to clean the pie off of her face

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That was real silly and I liked it a lot.

Vampiro had to give the live crowd a very stern speech before the match, which amounted to "we'd like to be able to do this match again, DO NOT gently caress THIS UP"

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I really needed a cathartic match like that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
oh poo poo RIP Daga I guess

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Melissa's enthusiasm is welcome.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Uh, guess we're not seeing Daga this season.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Benne posted:

LU has zombies, ghosts, ninjas, an Actual Dragon, and a wrestler who's also a time-travelling spaceship. It's pretty much always been a higher budget spanish Chikara.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

fatherdog posted:

LU has zombies, ghosts, ninjas, an Actual Dragon, and a wrestler who's also a time-travelling spaceship. It's pretty much always been a higher budget spanish Chikara.

Touche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Uh, guess we're not seeing Daga this season.

He was in one of the trailers, so either she's lying or we're just getting a flashback of him getting murdered

• Locked thread