Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My login bonus was... a single key. Only 29 to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

any goons here prefer SnD on PS4? I'm trying to play more of that and less TDM to slow my game down and git gud. I'm on EST and on most nights, PSN: myswagyolo.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

It's funny because I have those types of problems in core, but hc is consistently better for me connection wise. The last couple matches last night I started having that issue, but the 20+ I'd played prior didn't have those problems and I was doing well. *shrug*

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
I want to do the Easter Egg.. is there anyone here who is skilled enough to get me through it?

PS4.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I want to do the Easter Egg.. is there anyone here who is skilled enough to get me through it?

PS4.

It actually gets a bit rougher with more people. Like, the initial defenses are probably easier but you have to kill one extra alien per player in your game. Up to four aliens.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Ok I need some PS4 friends. Is their a group or do we just invite each other?

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 9, 2016

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
I tried slow methodical playstyle with the R.A.W. it was good, i had good kds, but i had a bit less fun

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Carecat posted:

My login bonus was... a single key. Only 29 to go!

I had 1 salvage yesterday...with a bonus 1 from my season pass!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Key progression was definitely halved, compared to BLOPS 3. Hooooly poo poo is it ever slow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry I quit halfway through MWR but I wanted to witness the end of America

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Mister Macys posted:

Key progression was definitely halved, compared to BLOPS 3. Hooooly poo poo is it ever slow.

Gotta rake in that desperate grab for keys.

Also Zombies is helping me get keys for MP stuff, even though their crates are different. Instead of two potentially poo poo items and a rare, it's one poo poo item and a rare and a pack of Pay2Win Buggy-As-gently caress I-Use-Coupon-Clipper-At-The-ATM Fate and Fortune cards.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sorry I quit halfway through MWR but I wanted to witness the end of America

Thanks, Brexit.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is there a Steam group or thread for PC goons?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Good game, close. ALMOST A TIE.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

So I guess Ty and Ven went to PS4. Any other members of the HC crew still on the xbone?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Gordon Shumway posted:

So I guess Ty and Ven went to PS4. Any other members of the HC crew still on the xbone?

90% of the Xbone crew is playing Titanfall 2 because we're all in consensus that IW is a garbage fire that isn't worth our time. I think I see one or two goons playing it every so often

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
In COD attachment tradition the foregrip attachment doesn't work. Who knows what else is bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFZTLkm0Nc

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

Anita Dickinme posted:

good one

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
anybody for a few games of Brink?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I uncovered a graphical glitch with the stryker that reveals a horrifying truth:

This IS Ghosts 2. All the rigs are empty. They're ghosts. We've been dead all along.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

In COD attachment tradition the foregrip attachment doesn't work. Who knows what else is bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFZTLkm0Nc

I was wondering why that attachment didn't seem to do much. So that leaves BO3 as the only COD it actually did anything in?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

MW1 & 2, and BLOPS 1 also had functional grips. Not sure about MW3.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

MW1 & 2, and BLOPS 1 also had functional grips. Not sure about MW3.

Yeah, MW3 had one as well. I forgot because I didn't really use them in those games.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Can someone tell me wtf I got from one of my supply crate items.

It was something like Infinity Ward token or something like that. I have no idea where it is or what it even does/did. It was from a multi supply crate, not a zombie one.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Probably gunnuts

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
is it for one of the classic weapons??

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I honestly have no idea, I wasn't really paying attention when it popped up.

Most likely is related to that though. Thanks guys.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game is kinda fun in a group, but somehow the connections are even worse solo? Like I know I'm playing against people in my state when I see someone like "chicagoguy1234," so I don't really understand this game's logic.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.
in order to preserve what little sanity i have left i think i might have to start bowing out as soon as connection goes against me.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Couple things from tonights games

1) The spawns are different in this compared to other cods. Teammates spawn on other teammates, not just at fixed spawn locations. They seem to like to spawn two extra players on top of a friendly. Basically, expect to run into groups of 2-3 VERY often, far more often than usual. This has weird effects on flow in a lot of modes. Just keep it in mind.

2) The lag in this game is incredibly well masked. So far it's been pretty rare to spot an enemy actually hitching and lagging around. Instead what happens is you get the utterly infuriating shoot first-die first action. If that starts happening consistently, bail out of the lobby. The hit detection is otherwise very on point, but if you start getting pre-aim/pre-fire, land shots and then you just loving evaporate, whoever you're shooting at is probably lagging. Unfortunately the in-game lagometers are total bullshit, I've seen people visibly hitching around the level all match and they show 4 bars, and detecting someone lag murdering you vs you just missing a shot or two in a 1v1 is hard to pinpoint consistently.

3) The RC8 is terrifying and good. The Apex seemed unimpressive from when I used it, maybe it's better on auto than manual. The RC8 though, has a loving instant hit explosive railgun with a high rate of fire and a shield to block incoming fire. Fun stuff. Get a sentry in Defender, drop it near the ball, hold the ball and chill behind it, watch while your sentry wrecks the enemy team and earns whatever high end streak you want :v: Best done with Hardline and Combat Focus.

4) LMGs with Man At Arms, specifically the RAW, is really loving good. Quickdraw, Stock, sight of your choice, go ham. Three shot kill, full mobility, nearly bottomless mag. It's reallll nice.

5) Shotguns are bad, but, Shotguns and the Combat Knife with FTL Slide and FTL Jump are loving hilarious. Blinking into someone and stabbing them will never get old, and FTL Jump charges really quickly.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

victrix posted:

4) LMGs with Man At Arms, specifically the RAW, is really loving good. Quickdraw, Stock, sight of your choice, go ham. Three shot kill, full mobility, nearly bottomless mag. It's reallll nice.

I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU.

Man, is this how it feels to have good ideas?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LMGS are good and cool.

- Me, every COD

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

It's already fallen to 9k max players over the past 24 hour period on Steam.

I realise this doesn't answer your question directly.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

It's already fallen to 9k max players over the past 24 hour period on Steam.

I realise this doesn't answer your question directly.

It actually does.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I found that IW token thing I was asking about.

It is a customize option for my guns, just a little token that hangs off the side of the gun. Nothing exciting. :ms:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

freeranger posted:

It is a customize option for my guns, just a little token that hangs off the side of the gun. Nothing exciting. :ms:

Except for Gun Nuts, of course.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

freeranger posted:

Ahem

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I got this great sassy hand gesture called 'Stop It'

http://imgur.com/a/WjWrX

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I got this great sassy hand gesture called 'Stop It'

http://imgur.com/a/WjWrX

Almost as good as Wolverines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

bear is driving! posted:

90% of the Xbone crew is playing Titanfall 2 because we're all in consensus that IW is a garbage fire that isn't worth our time. I think I see one or two goons playing it every so often

Yeah, I agree with the consensus haha. I played a bit more tonight and this game is awful and dare I say it, worse than Ghosts. And Ghosts was basically hot garbage. Might be the first COD game I return, if they don't fix it.

• Locked thread