Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
lmao you two are ridiculous. Since jimmy is saying he visited kb in the dumbest possible way on the night he died i'll vote him.

##vote jimhat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Your gambit is literally making a bad post. You haven't try to read his later posts to see if anything pings you. And you're relying on a day 1 case. That's why you're suspicious.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey, sorry I had to drive an hour out of town to go see Dr Strange in IMAX because we don't have one in this podunk town, and we made a day of it.

##vote hats since it apparently didn't count

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah, ##treat inf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh that was the hammer :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Ahem, gentlemen, gentlemen. You must be making some mistake. I am no ruffian, but a simple proper housecat." A stupid cat wearing some paper glasses like an idiot speaks to the approaching crowd of cats. His old timey phrases hold no sway on them however, and they attack him. When the rest of the cats hear Lynea coming they quickly move away and the roughed up gentleman cat looks like is the only one who has been fighting.

"Well, how awful! I expected better of you Professor Fluffybutt! Out you go!"

She unceremoniously kicks the cat outside, throwing his paper glasses out after him, but of course they just sorta float to the ground because paper doesn't throw very well.

Jimmy Hats, Professor Fluffybutt, Town-aligned Peeping JOAT was kicked out D3.

Treat Vote

Retro Futurist (1) - Somberbrero

Retro Futurist gets a treat!

quote:

It is evening time in the cat sanctuary. Lynea thinks about going to bed but decides to give one more treat out to one of her fluffy kitties. She chooses a cat that hasn't had one of her lovely treats before and the cat eats it right up. Surveying her surroundings, she is filled with love and friendship with all her lovely cats who because of her wonderful treats all love her so much. She knows she doesn't need to buy their love anymore and decides to put the treats away. She doesn't want them getting hooked on the treats afterall. Not good for their little kitty tummies!

Somberbrero, Lynea, 3P Treat Giver has won and absconded from the game.

quote:

With Lynea gone to bed three cats stalk the house. Garfield, Missy, and Smokey find their target, the innocent kitten Tiger. He's chasing that dot again, so he's easy to find. Smokey guards the room. Garfield grabs the laser pointer and uses his little paws to move the dot towards the patio door. Tiger, single minded as he is, chases it without noticing the direction. It's not until he's outside on the grass that he's realized that Missy has slammed the door behind him. The three cats turn and leave him outside in the cold. Now, with Lynea gone to bed and the other cats no match for their cooperation, they can get anything they want. This cat sanctuary is theirs forever!

BottleKnight, Tiger, Town-aligned Escalating Rolecop was kicked out N3.

Which means that...

derp, Buttercup, Town-aligned White Mage

Infinitum, Comet, Town-aligned Self-watching bodyguard

and

Retro Futurist, Maru, Town-aligned Lynchbomb

have been endgamed!!

Scum have won!

Tired Moritz, Garfield, Scum-aligned Rolecopping Roleblocker

this is a stickup, Missy, Scum-aligned Thief

and

CapitalistPig, Smokey, Scum-aligned Smokescreen

Writeup about the setup in a moment.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

loving called CPig scum :colbert:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

loving called CPig scum :colbert:

too bad you couldn't put together a real case on me :)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:toot:

rip jimmy

The mechanics of the scum kill are pretty neat but I think overall it is a little too powerful. For a game this size, I would probably limit the 3 man kill to make it more of a strategic use ability vs an every night ability. It would have been neat to set up a chain smokescreen + steal + kill, but there was no chance to steal a treat in this game anyway

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

too bad you couldn't put together a real case on me :)

I did. Thanks for falling for the gambit.

Too bad noone listened to me :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
we had a chance to kill our cat lady? what the gently caress

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

I did. Thanks for falling for the gambit.

Too bad noone listened to me :colbert:

No seriously, that was a really stupid gambit that could just as easily catch town. It's not a real case at all.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

we had a chance to kill our cat lady? what the gently caress

she was giving us moldy and wooden treats, man.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is wrong with you, Asiina?!

So this is my answer to Somber's game, Cloaks, which was a role madness game that couldn't be traditionally solved by night actions.

There were 3 scum:

Rolecopping Roleblocker - Rolecopped whoever he blocked
Thief - Could steal treats
Smokescreen - Made whoever they targeted have watchers who watched them see nothing and trackers who tracked someone to them see no movement

The scum also had a different mechanic. Instead of performing their own actions, they could act together on the nightkill.

One scum doing the NK was a regular NK. Two scum it was a ninja NK. Three scum it was an unblockable ninja NK.

If a scum died their spirit would be still helping with the NK so after one scum was dead all NKs will be ninja and after two scum were dead they'd all be ninja and unblockable. The point of this was so the scum kill would get stronger the longer the game continued and the more scum were dead.

There was 1 3P:

Somber was a treat giver and could set the treats for the day (he had a list but didn't know what each one did specifically) and also give treats at night. He won when half of all players (living or dead) had been given a treat.

There were 9 town:

2 mason trackers who would have been given each other's results. I'm sad this didn't happen
1 Peeping JOAT - Exactly what Jimmy claimed, had a 1-shot of watcher, tracker, follower, and Voyeur.
1 White Mage - protects someone for two nights
1 self-watching bodyguard
1 Lie Detector (couldn't use on alignment statements)
1 Lynchbomb
1 Mod Annoyer. This role would get to ask about town, scum, or general and I would have given them information about the setup. Eventually culminating in telling them the entire mechanics. A very powerful role, but would take a lot of nights to get all the information.

---

So did it work? Did all your dreams come true?

Kinda. I liked some things and not others. I did find it funny that in a game that said in no uncertain terms that following night actions would be bad, that people relied on night actions. Scum were quite strong, but I also liked that in a game with a lot of movement and 4 people with some sort of movement tracking role, that having 3 people not being seen could be a bit of a downside if scum wanted to 3-man into the kill every night. I do still really like the smokescreen role. I feel like there aren't a lot of negative utility roles for scum, and since cops are rarer these days, it's nice to give them something to combat the mass watcher/trackers other than a roleblock.

Somber's role was probably too easy but not being able to control the treat vote during the day meant that if people decided to stack treats on someone, there's not a lot he could do about it and I wanted the 3P to have some say in whether they won or not.

I'm sad that the tracker mason pair and the mod annoyer never really got to do their thing, I think that would have made a difference, but honestly town really phoned it in a lot so I don't think it was terribly unbalanced in the end.

BTW the game technically should have gone into N3 because Somber still had to give another treat, but the scumteam had said they were going to juggernaut kill BK earlier in the day and Somber was obviously going to give to someone new, so I didn't want to wait around for that and called it slightly early. Especially when BK and Opop were mostly absent and probably shouldn't have signed up even though I gave full warning for them to not join if they were going to lurk.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

1 Mod Annoyer. This role would get to ask about town, scum, or general and I would have given them information about the setup. Eventually culminating in telling them the entire mechanics. A very powerful role, but would take a lot of nights to get all the information.

I love custom roles.

Thanks for running the game Asiina.
BOO SCUM BOOOOOOOOO

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Very neat setup.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I do think the scum might have been a little too strong. I think if I did something like that again I'd just do the second part where once a scum died they empowered the NK.

I wanted the idea that relying on night actions, especially in later days when role madness games become more about being logic puzzles, would just simply not work. I think it's a mechanic I'll keep in my pocket and maybe try again in another game a long time from now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This was a cool game. Thanks for running. Grats scum, well played.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Ahhhhh

Good game. Thanks for running it Asiina. Congrats to scum on a well deserved win.

Jimmy was correct in that I lie detected his role claim night 1; I did try to breadcrumb my night actions/results a little bit but really didn't want to claim early in hopes of being able to survive long enough to clear more people. Oh well!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I loving knew iiiiiiit

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Passive role my dick, cpig!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways I tried real hard, put in my 110%, you miss every shot you don't take

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I guess that's why you don't rely too much on night actions

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Can't believe tired didn't get cuddled. You guys really borked things.

I copped Jimmy btw. Figured he'd draw a lot of fire so would be good to clear.

Also scum taking out me as first night kill? Super chickens.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the aa push still makes no sense to me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Well I guess that's why you don't rely too much on night actions

Well I guess that's why I shouldn't have let you sign up.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

the aa push still makes no sense to me.

Also yeah, AA had a great point. Like the idea that he as scum somehow knew what Inf was and who his target was going to be is just crazy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I was only one guy off on my maffer triangle which is p good imo. Also somber was p much playing for mafia team so...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Well I guess that's why I shouldn't have let you sign up.

:( I tried

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

did you tho

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

You had 5 more posts than I did and significantly less than KB who died N1.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It geta even better since he had the game losing combo of hammer + treat vote.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

derp posted:

Aa moritz cpig most obvious scumteam in the history of mafia

i was almost right

thanks for the game assina

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
As a side note, all of the cat pictures I posted were, in fact, of my cats.

I am the true Cat Lady.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Can't believe tired didn't get cuddled. You guys really borked things.

I copped Jimmy btw. Figured he'd draw a lot of fire so would be good to clear.

Also scum taking out me as first night kill? Super chickens.

nah, the plan was to kill people who weren't us that got treats.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

You had 5 more posts than I did and significantly less than KB who died N1.

I had 2 less than KB and he had a lot of shop talk, pre game posts, and empty votes (no offense KB, you were only alive for a day).

But fine, noted, I'll stay out of your games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

I had 2 less than KB and he had a lot of shop talk, pre game posts, and empty votes (no offense KB, you were only alive for a day).

But fine, noted, I'll stay out of your games.

FWIW, my only pregame post was my sign up. :)

But yeah, this game will bring down my posts per game by quite a bit if FL ever turns that back on. Stupid N1 deaths.

• Locked thread