Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Phasma belongs in the trash.

Well uh... that's uh...sort of where she ended up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

poo poo guys, what happened to Glenn Webb?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'll be getting black suit Spidey from the next wave but don't care about Sandman, if anyone will want it for the cost of shipping.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Toyark/status/795655042632130564

:swoon: I'm in love

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I now I realized I hosed up by not getting that base for super cheap when Tradesmart was closing. Dang.

Super Celtic Predator looks boss as gently caress though.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
If any one missed out on Venom from the Absorbing Man wave, Amazon has him marked down to $12 for the moment: Marvel Legends Series: Venom(Discontinued by manufacturer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010SFTPSY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_K5qiybEYEA6P4

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

:hellyeah:

Just got a Pizza Spidey for $30 brand new at a random comic shop in NYC. They had one more if anyone cares. Toy Tokyo St Mark's Comics in the East Village.

EDIT: Sorry, got confused since I stopped into several shops tonight.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They came in! So amazing!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the most amazing game of Jeopardy ever.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Looks like the most amazing game of Jeopardy ever.

Jet Jaguar would make an amazing game show host.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

They came in! So amazing!

Hedorah Isn't sorry. I always knew he was a bad egg.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
I'm weird and I pair my good guy figures together and then give them three villains. Who should I have them fight aside from Lizard and Strucker? I'm leaning towards Venom, Enchantress, Boomerang, or Bulldozer. Thanks!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Zorglorfian posted:

I'm weird and I pair my good guy figures together and then give them three villains. Who should I have them fight aside from Lizard and Strucker? I'm leaning towards Venom, Enchantress, Boomerang, or Bulldozer. Thanks!

Bulldozer or Venom, they need a Brick to tank all the hits.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I have a dearth of bad guys so right now it's a bunch of DBZ characters all getting ready to blow up Link while he had his hands up.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Got some new poo poo from Japan today:

After watching some reviews, I wasn't expecting much from Mafex Superman, but it really isn't that bad. The humongous cape can be a nuisance to work with, but everything else is much better than I expected.
Armored Batman it's just plain awesome. My only gripe is that the figure doesn't come with the kryptonite spear or any alternate head, those are gonna be included with Knightmare Batman for some stupid reason.

Also got this one from the HLJ sale last month:

She was only 12 bucks, so it was hard to resist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since I got asked about it at work today and wondering myself..when is the next wave of Star Wars Black figures appearing? All stores I have are either some of the Rogue Ones, or Rey and Zuvio.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are a lot of people making spears unofficially, but I think they're all 1/4 or 1/6 scale.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mafex Knightmare Batman is coming with the spear. Pay up, nerds!!

Wonder Woman needs to drop already.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kinda disappointed by Premium Color Trunks. I mean, he looks great, and the hair is cool and all, but drat if his articulation isn't poo poo. He has no bicep swivel and his jacket's collar is too high so you can barely angle his head at all and have to force it to turn left or right. Also my sword sheathe's strap is a pain to connect to the sheathe and often just pops out unless I swivel it to a really stupid angle to relieve the tension on it. The knees look better than I thought they would, unless you bend them more than 90 degrees then they look like poo poo.

All in all, a decent figure, but you can't even really get him into this pose:

Because he can't reach across his chest even slightly.

Kinda disappointing, but hey, I'm glad I didn't pay some ridiculous price for it and got it at retail.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rirse posted:

Since I got asked about it at work today and wondering myself..when is the next wave of Star Wars Black figures appearing? All stores I have are either some of the Rogue Ones, or Rey and Zuvio.
My local Walmart had the new wave of 3.75" Black figures (which I didn't even know were coming out). I grabbed Jyn Erso and Captain Phasma.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone with a Figma Samus have issues with the arms coming off and not being able to pop it back in? I've been unable to repose mine since any reposition means her left arm falls off. No amount of squeezing and forcing it in has worked and I'm afraid I'm going to just snap the ball joint.

Is this one of those situations where I can use a hairdryer or something or am I better off just supergluing it and turning her into essentially a statue?

edit: Hairdryer worked like a charm.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 12, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

Anyone with a Figma Samus have issues with the arms coming off and not being able to pop it back in? I've been unable to repose mine since any reposition means her left arm falls off. No amount of squeezing and forcing it in has worked and I'm afraid I'm going to just snap the ball joint.

Is this one of those situations where I can use a hairdryer or something or am I better off just supergluing it and turning her into essentially a statue?

edit: Hairdryer worked like a charm.

Just for others' future reference, hair drying the socket, not the peg, is the safer method of fixing this... you run the risk if the peg bending or warping if you heat it, which could end up loving it up, plus heating and cooling it could weaken the stem and make it more likely to snap in the future.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I found a big bunch of Star Wars black series OT C-3pos at Walgreens yesterday, that was a fun surprise.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I found a big bunch of Star Wars black series OT C-3pos at Walgreens yesterday, that was a fun surprise.

Are they chrome or just gold colored plastic?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Are they chrome or just gold colored plastic?

Deep down you already know the answer.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Deep down you already know the answer.

Bleh, I'll stay with my kit then.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Got my Datong Frieza and holy poo poo, you guys weren't kidding... it really is pretty drat nice quality, even better than most of the videos I've seen. I daresay in some ways its actually nicer than the real deal... the pearlescent purple has a great kind of reflective sheen to it and the feel of the plastic they use to make the figure is sorta cooler than the standard figures, kinda... rubbery but still solid, for lack of a better description. The energy beam effects are cloudy and have air bubbles, same as most vids show, but meh, no big deal.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Bleh, I'll stay with my kit then.

Yeah, the model kit looks infinitely better, and neither choice exactly brings a lot of articulation due to the nature of the character.

I still can't understand the release of the red arm Threepio. He had his arm fixed by the end of the movie and was barely in TFA to begin with. It's like they made the red arm version just to bring more value to the Walgreens exclusive OT version.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man, Movie Doc Strange is real hard to find isn't he. Is he seriously short packed in his own wave? Because I've seen the entire line except for him. Even at drat Disney World.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

CelticPredator posted:

Man, Movie Doc Strange is real hard to find isn't he. Is he seriously short packed in his own wave? Because I've seen the entire line except for him. Even at drat Disney World.

He's not short packed since there are 8 different sku's in the case of eight.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Then drat. Everyone wants that strange.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

CelticPredator posted:

I saw like 8 of him in a Toys R Us, along with a Mordo and a bunch of Morbiuses. A few Caps, an Iron Man, a Jack-O-Lantern, and a pile of Wasps that will be there until the universe's heat death.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Apperently Disney World is not the place to look for ML's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

I have a few cases coming in tomorrow, if you want I can supply you with one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rhyno posted:

I have a few cases coming in tomorrow, if you want I can supply you with one.

Much apprech, but by sheer luck I found one. I just started hitting targets and walgreens during a ride back from an errand, ended up going to a video store, which had that drat astral strange. I almost left when I decided to look around and there was one lone Strange sitting under a minon toy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There are still video stores?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

purple death ray posted:

Thankfully, yeah. This one used to be all video, but over the past couple of years since I've been, they added collectibles and such.

They have an impressive collection of box sets too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Suncoast still has like, 13 locations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Suncoast still has like, 13 locations.

Do they know it's not 2004 anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CelticPredator posted:

Thankfully, yeah. This one used to be all video, but over the past couple of years since I've been, they added collectibles and such.

They have an impressive collection of box sets too.

I'm gonna hold out for an SH Figuarts Doctor Strange, but that's a great photo.