Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So yeah, Fox and Sami are gonna fit right in

and, yes, there went Ivie's ankle again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
RIP Ivie :(

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Oh poo poo it talks

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just call it a loving casket, Striker, nobody says "funerary box"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Lucha Underground Season Six: Fans Bring the Caskets Match.

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

Benne posted:

Just call it a loving casket, Striker, nobody says "funerary box"

:laffo: I missed that! "Coffin" sounds better anyways, I think

e: also LOL @ the Mil-sized dent on the lid

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
that fuckin 450 onto the coffin was dope

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Damnnnn that poo poo was dope!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Puma just denying the flatliner is pretty amazing

eljackass
May 19, 2004

I suppose you need longer coffins for taller people...makes sense

also hahahaha check out all the garbage on the floor left over from the first match!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

drat, I was really hoping for a skeleton in Konnans clothes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:rip: Puma

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Also in the credits, LOL@ "Promotional Consideration Furnished By BAGEL BITES"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
RIP Puma

eljackass posted:

I suppose you need longer coffins for taller people...makes sense

also hahahaha check out all the garbage on the floor left over from the first match!

So as an aside, Believer's Backlash, this Grave Consequences, and last weeks Loser Leaves Lucha were all taped on the same day. The crowd did a great job having energy up for all three matches but holy poo poo was I exhausted after it was over

eljackass
May 19, 2004

The Senator Giroux posted:

drat, I was really hoping for a skeleton in Konnans clothes

That woulda been AWESOME

eljackass
May 19, 2004

StarkRavingMad posted:

RIP Puma

So as an aside, Believer's Backlash, this Grave Consequences, and last weeks Loser Leaves Lucha were all taped on the same day. The crowd did a great job having energy up for all three matches but holy poo poo was I exhausted after it was over

I'm from the east coast but I work a lot in LA...when it comes round about time for Season 4, I'd love to get tickets for a taping. Even if I can't schedule a work trip, I'll take a vacation if I have to, just gotta coordinate the day & time. I know that sometimes tickets can be real hard to get

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

I'm from the east coast but I work a lot in LA...when it comes round about time for Season 4, I'd love to get tickets for a taping. Even if I can't schedule a work trip, I'll take a vacation if I have to, just gotta coordinate the day & time. I know that sometimes tickets can be real hard to get

When you're planning it, just keep a close eye on LU's Twitter (like turn notifications on for them on non-Wednesdays) or Facebook and be prepared to send an email immediately when they announce a taping. You do have to be relatively quick...if you don't send it within like the first half-hour you may be out of luck. Sometimes I get advance notice of when they will open reservations because I'm a regular, and I try to notify this thread when I do, but that only happens like half the time for me. Tapings are likely starting in late January again.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

eljackass posted:

Also in the credits, LOL@ "Promotional Consideration Furnished By BAGEL BITES"

You missed the episode where Bagel Bites had a full-on product placement scene with Mom of Son of Havoc.

It was glorious.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
So Pindar, eh? I don't know why I was surprised to hear straight up Illuminati poo poo in the LU canon, but that's awesome.

I take it that's who that "holy poo poo lizard face" was in the trailer?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Whatever happened to Daivari? They did absolutely gently caress all with him and then he disappeared.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought he retried as a wrestler.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Daivari worked a dark match at Ultima Lucha Dos, so presumably he's still on the payroll. I think Big Ryck's retirement derailed the Season 2 angle they had planned for him and he just got stuck in "creative has nothing for you" purgatory.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

In terms of just start to finish overall quality that's one of the best non Ultima Lucha episodes they've ever done. Holy gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've been behind on LU this season but just watched the latest show and enjoyed that main event the most of the season so far. I also thought the opener with Famous B was fun, especially the way he clutched at his neck when they decapitated his cardboard cutout :)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

I've been behind on LU this season but just watched the latest show and enjoyed that main event the most of the season so far. I also thought the opener with Famous B was fun, especially the way he clutched at his neck when they decapitated his cardboard cutout :)

That match had a lot of nice little touches in it, like them adding the sound from an actual bowling alley when Mascarita threw the ball in B's crotch.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I assume this ending is going to lead to Vampiro bringing back Puma as DARK PUMA!

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I assume this ending is going to lead to Vampiro bringing back Puma as DARK PUMA!

I was expecting a weird swerve where Mil ends up putting Catrina in the coffin as a sort of 'you're not going to bring me back?!? Well now i've got you trapped, so you'll do whatever I tell you to do, i'm in charge now!'

And yeah, the arc has to be 'Puma is tempted by evil, loses his way, and then finds his way back to the light.' I wonder if this is Vampiro's way of getting back at Pentagon..corrupt Puma and then send Puma at Pentagon.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Obviously this needs to end with Pentagon summoning the spirit of Konnan to counter Vampiro.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rhonne posted:

Obviously this needs to end with Pentagon summoning the spirit of Konnan to counter Vampiro.

I'm not saying we need the end of Big Trouble In Little China but

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Deathlove posted:

I'm not saying we need the end of Big Trouble In Little China but

Well, LU is on El Rey, so it seems the most logical network for it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Really needed that opening match. Probably the first time I've smiled since Tuesday. Brenda's pie selling was top-notch and Sagrada getting patched in was a great end to this whole feud.

Ivelisse telling, "Not again!" was so sad but it also made me think it was a work. Bummed to hear it isn't.

Grave Consequences is always fun and I'm looking forward to Puma Negra showing the flippy side of darkness. The flatliner counter was such a clever and innovative spot that seems so obvious now that it's been done. Loved it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm really hoping Puma doesn't go bad just to go good again. I also doubt he will just because this is his last season and Puma going dark and kicking lots of rear end and then getting bumped off by something even scarier send like their style.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 11, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Ivelisse telling, "Not again!" was so sad but it also made me think it was a work. Bummed to hear it isn't.

https://twitter.com/RealIvelisse/status/796531220989562880

Yeah, she caught her foot underneath her on that rana and actually injured it worse than the first time. They showed a little bit of it on TV but Sami Callahan quickly carried her all the way to the back after the match and one of the producers went running after them. Real bummer for her.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Catching back up to season 3.

At episode six, thoughts so far: I hope the Worldwide Underground and the Superfriends stick together and feud forever, just make two or three more four-man stables to fight over the trios title with the fourth being either a manager or a solid title competitor

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Ummm...guys?

From http://in5d.com/reptilians-and-the-council-of-13-2/

"The leader of the Earths Illuminati is called the “Pindar“. The Pindar is a member of one of the 13 ruling Illuminati families, and is always male. The title, Pindar, is an abbreviated term for “Pinnacle of the Draco”, also known as the “Penis of the Dragon”.

Daga got 'torn apart'..so..ummm..was Daga hosed to pieces by an Illuminati dragon?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Martinpale posted:

Ummm...guys?

"The leader of the Earths Illuminati is called the “Pindar“. The Pindar is a member of one of the 13 ruling Illuminati families, and is always male. The title, Pindar, is an abbreviated term for “Pinnacle of the Draco”, also known as the “Penis of the Dragon”.

Daga got 'torn apart'..so..ummm..was Daga hosed to pieces by an Illuminati dragon?

:rolleyes: Well obviously.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
And a reminder that next week is AZTEC WARFARE!

Things we know:

IN IT:
#1 - Mantanza (defending champion)
#20 - Drago (won three-way)
The Mack (won five-way tag)
Marty "the Moth" (won five-way tag)
Mariposa (won five-way tag)
Jeremiah Crane aka Sami Callihan (won five-way tag)
(Edit): and Rey Mysterio (for beating Chavo)

That leaves 14 spots open. Probably Mil Muertes, Pentagon Dark, some combination of Worldwide Underground, Sexy Star, Son of Havoc. Probably Joey Ryan since he is pals with Dario. Maybe Mascarita? Kobra Moon and/or the debut of LORD PINDAR? Debut of the Rabbit Tribe? Vinnie Massaro?!? There's like four or five open spots that could be anyone.

UNLIKELY:
Prince Puma (coffined)
Ivelisse (supposed to be in it from five-way but injured herself last week)
King Cuerno (stretchered by Mil Muertes earlier in the season/legit out injured)
Angelico (storyline injured by Worldwide Underground and also legit injured, although I don't remember his recovery timetable)
Cortez Castro (arm broke and then re-broke in storyline although not legit injured)
Black Lotus (in Hong Kong, although who knows, she could come back for this)

NOT IN IT:
Fenix (lost three way match with Drago)
Aerostar (lost three way match with Drago)
Killshot (lost five-way last week)
Dante "AR" Fox (lost five-way last week)
Argenis (lost five-way last week)
Texano (lost five-way last week)
Cage (lost five-way last week)
Chavo Jr (banished by Rey Mysterio)

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 13, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Martinpale posted:

Ummm...guys?

It's funny, I Googled "Pindar" and got the Greek poet and kept scratching my head over what connection he'd have to a lizard tribe. The Illuminati connection didn't even occur to me until other people brought it up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's weird how LU's circumstances have led to people just up and disappearing sometimes. Daivari, Nightclaw, and now Daga were hyped up and just never had enough time to make an impact. Obviously Nightclaw was extenuating circumstances because of the whole Octagon shitshow, but I wonder about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

And a reminder that next week is AZTEC WARFARE!

IN IT:
#1 - Mantanza (defending champion)
#20 - Drago (won three-way)
The Mack (won five-way tag)
Marty "the Moth" (won five-way tag)
Mariposa (won five-way tag)
Jeremiah Crane aka Sami Callihan (won five-way tag)

You can include Rey Mysterio. Striker & Vamp commented during the five-on-five match that Rey qualified by beating Chavo.

• Locked thread