Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Insubordination for what happened at Wall Maria

It's okay though, because the cell bars are apparently intangible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
No Mikasa is just that strong

Actually the characters were drawn a lot better this time I feel, I first thought Mikasa was someone else entirely

Maybe it's just been a long time since I'd seen her -not- glaring all the time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

For those of you in the US, or familiar with US states, one million people is approximately one Montana.

i refuse to believe anyone actually lives in montana

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

HoneyBoy posted:

Actually the characters were drawn a lot better this time I feel, I first thought Mikasa was someone else entirely

Same. I had to go back and read it again to understand who that was

Drawing on this manga has ever been inconsistent

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
What I didn't understand about the plan to use shifters is that to the supposed king it would've been obvious who is responsible for the attack the walls. So the argument that if Marley were to attack with their regular army the king would bring down the walls and release the giant titans inside, that doesn't really hold up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Piriwi posted:

What I didn't understand about the plan to use shifters is that to the supposed king it would've been obvious who is responsible for the attack the walls. So the argument that if Marley were to attack with their regular army the king would bring down the walls and release the giant titans inside, that doesn't really hold up.

Marley people can't become Titans so it's entirely banking on the idea the king would assume it's a rebellion or something from the inside. (At least from what we know so far.)

It's worth remembering that despite whatever the 'the power is broke into pieces' thing is, we know for a fact there are multiple of the special Titans, including the Colossal ones inside the walls, so the appearance of another Colossal Titan doesn't inherently mean it's a Marley attack.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Marley people can't become Titans so it's entirely banking on the idea the king would assume it's a rebellion or something from the inside. (At least from what we know so far.)

It's worth remembering that despite whatever the 'the power is broke into pieces' thing is, we know for a fact there are multiple of the special Titans, including the Colossal ones inside the walls, so the appearance of another Colossal Titan doesn't inherently mean it's a Marley attack.

Actually the king had to be aware that Marley owned those titans, they did fight and lose a war against them after all.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
The only sure way to steal the coordinate power to keep the king from using it is to eat him. This necessitated using shifters. You can kick in a gate and let mindless titans in, so you don't need an army. Then the shifters can hide in the confusion. There is no retaliation (cause the king got got, don't know if they knew that or not, but either way, the walls don't mobilise), so they can infiltrate and do some recon before moving onto phase 2. Of course they hit phase 2 and then another shifter shows up, throwing their plan into disarray.

Although, they try to capture Eren instead of eating him, so I guess maybe they wouldn't have just tried to eat the king... Eh, I don't know.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Zeke never met Eren in Monkey form right? Presumably Reiner and Berthodt had orders to bring the coordinate power to him instead of eating it themselves.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Did anyone catch this two chapters ago?

God he's such a dick.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Flying Squirrel posted:

The only sure way to steal the coordinate power to keep the king from using it is to eat him. This necessitated using shifters. You can kick in a gate and let mindless titans in, so you don't need an army. Then the shifters can hide in the confusion. There is no retaliation (cause the king got got, don't know if they knew that or not, but either way, the walls don't mobilise), so they can infiltrate and do some recon before moving onto phase 2. Of course they hit phase 2 and then another shifter shows up, throwing their plan into disarray.

Although, they try to capture Eren instead of eating him, so I guess maybe they wouldn't have just tried to eat the king... Eh, I don't know.

I assume they could easily get over the wall without being detected. How would they even know there was any military they could infiltrate in advance?

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

RatHat posted:

Zeke never met Eren in Monkey form right? Presumably Reiner and Berthodt had orders to bring the coordinate power to him instead of eating it themselves.

Zeke probably knows you need to be a Royal to use the full power of the royal titan.Funnily enough, if Zeke got it he'd get taken over by the king because he's a royal.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

i refuse to believe anyone actually lives in montana

That's where i grew up.

But then again, i left...so maybe it's empty now.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Flying Squirrel posted:

To me it seems that the plan was:

1- some of the shifters strike at the walls while the Reiss family was busy on that ritual (they surely knew it somehow, its too convenient to be a coincidence)
2- while the confusion is going on, Annie, the fastest one (maybe with Zeke), goes directly to where the Reiss family is and eat then all

And then it would be all over, and the king would never had time to retaliate

What messed it was the fact that Grisha somehow knew it was going to happen, got to the Reiss before Annie could and stole the coordinate

So Annie gets there, realizes what happened, and they decide to go with a Plan B: stop the attack, infiltrate the walls society, find who has the coordinate now.

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 11, 2016

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Flying Squirrel posted:

I suppose they had specific orders to bring Eren to Zeke and not eat him, as the plan was to have the leader Zeke having the coordinate. And hey, his loyalty was clear already, he betrayed his parents.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Remember when a lot of people were whining about what was in the basement and it ended up being the best reveal of the series so far?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So? It was AOT's Fishman Island. Mentioned repeatedly for YEARS before they actually got there, to the point that it became a running gag for most people, and a "let me know when they reach the basement and I'll start reading AOT again" mark for others

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I know we figured out the titan Dina turned into like two chapters ago but the full page panel of he transforming was still very :smith:

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Has anybody read Attack on Titan Anthology? Any thoughts on it?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

So I'm guessing this stuff definitively rules all of the spinoffs not canon? I don't remember if they were or not anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

change my name posted:

So I'm guessing this stuff definitively rules all of the spinoffs not canon? I don't remember if they were or not anyways.

Alternately everything in the book is a lie and we'll discover in 5 chapters that Eren got totally tricked and now has to go on a quest to find the SECOND TRUE BASEMENT.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Eustace posted:

Has anybody read Attack on Titan Anthology? Any thoughts on it?

Haven't read it..but the cover is pretty awesome

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Basement owns. I was about to give up on the comic when they started prattling on about bloodlines and poo poo but it really rebounded after Reiss was taken out.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

I suppose they had specific orders to bring Eren to Zeke and not eat him, as the plan was to have the leader Zeke having the coordinate. And hey, his loyalty was clear already, he betrayed his parents.

I'm actually not sure his loyalty is clear. The bit where Grisha tells Zeke that he has to follow Marley's rules better than everyone else in order to overthrow them could be taken as foreshadowing.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Based on Zeke's monologues about the wall people destined to repeat their mistakes and his talk with Eren about Grisha's lies, I'd say he's against his dad's revolution. Reiner's the one most set-up to defect to the wall people with his delusions and self-guilt.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Schwarzwald posted:

Something else that just occured to me: do you remember of member's of the Owl's resistance movement identified themselves through ritual scarring? That's the same way titan shifters trigger their transformation.
I loved this. Less a fan of the fact that master tactician The Owl decided to enact his Grisha-saving plan once all other revolutionary recruits were dead or titanized. Was there a point to this besides dramatic tension? Would letting these revolutionaries live within the wall be too dangerous to the mission? Did he just realize the jig was up and change pace when Grisha stupidly ran his mouth about secret intel, and if so why not save Dina instead of Grisha?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

snucks posted:

I loved this. Less a fan of the fact that master tactician The Owl decided to enact his Grisha-saving plan once all other revolutionary recruits were dead or titanized. Was there a point to this besides dramatic tension? Would letting these revolutionaries live within the wall be too dangerous to the mission?

I get the impression that he had been intending to let Grisha die but changed his mind once it came down to it and pulled his hidden Titan trump card earlier than expected.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Just noticed Eren's crying this chapter is exactly how the first chapter started. How did Eren have memories before eating his dad? Does this mean Eren and Grisha had contact with Frieda before the fall?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

I get the impression that he had been intending to let Grisha die but changed his mind once it came down to it and pulled his hidden Titan trump card earlier than expected.

I think he just had enough of listening to the other rear end in a top hat brag about feeding little girls of his people to the dogs his whole life and just went "gently caress it, the whole plan is hosed anyway, wildcard bitches".

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 12, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mikasa's bed hair is the best part of the chapter.

No seriously, that's really good attention to detail.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Sub Harrison posted:

Just noticed Eren's crying this chapter is exactly how the first chapter started. How did Eren have memories before eating his dad? Does this mean Eren and Grisha had contact with Frieda before the fall?

"See you later, Eren."

I totally forgot about this until you brought it up. I'm really curious to see how it will be explained.

Bob Moog sex tape
Aug 26, 2004

So does this mean that the people in Connie's village were given titan spinal serum, presumably by Zeke, and didn't just turn into titans from monkey titan proximity?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Fluffdaddy posted:

Remember when a lot of people were whining about what was in the basement and it ended up being the best reveal of the series so far?

Basement delivered :unsmith:

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006

Bob Moog sex tape posted:

So does this mean that the people in Connie's village were given titan spinal serum, presumably by Zeke, and didn't just turn into titans from monkey titan proximity?

He did carry around a tiny bag somewhere, because he wanted to bring back the gear of some scout he killed.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Sarcophallus posted:

Did anyone catch this two chapters ago?

God he's such a dick.
Whoa. Re-reading the whole thing once it's over is going to be an Experience, that's for sure.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So, like Attack on Titan is like Maus only the mice are Deuteronomy-style Zionists and the cats are self loathing mice.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Probably infected them by flinging feces at them.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hanji mentioned the rubble implied they all burst from their homes so it seems he can transform Eldians just by being near them. Maybe that's the secret power of the royal blood? I really want to know who all those people were that sparked into titans during the Wall Maria fight. Were they tied up and gagged to be set off by Zeke or were they all standing by and injected themselves?

And of course the big question if Mule Titan is a shifter or a semi-mindless titan.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 15, 2016

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

And of course the big question if Mule Titan is a shifter or a semi-mindless titan.

More likely just a different kind of titan serum than the bog-standard. Rod mentioned having serums that granted titans more suited to different tasks.

Thinking about it, if the "9 titans" they talk about are the only shifters, we know:

Zeke has 1
Eren has 2 (progenitor and whichever Grisha had)
Braun has 1
Armin has 1 (from bertold)
Ymir has 1 (from braun/bertolt's friend)
Annie has 1

That leaves 2 not directly accounted for. It'd be super lame if one of the last two titan shifters just had the ability to be a mule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Mule Titan has gotta be a shifter. It can talk, it follows orders, it strategically rescued Zeke and fled of its own volition, and it didn't show any interest in eating people except when it was trying to kill Levi and Hange.