Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

how me a frog posted:

Please continue talking about moon over june, it's at least significantly more tolerable than meggmoogowl since it doesnt take half an hour to scroll past it every time one of you imbeciles thinks its funny to pretend that poo poo is worth posting.

It's a good comic hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I just got done running the numbers and it turns out that Megg, Mogg, and Owl is scientifically proven to be objectively good.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

I just got done running the numbers and it turns out that Megg, Mogg, and Owl is scientifically proven to be objectively good.

The math checks out.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

The math checks out.

Did you remember to carry the 1?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Slime posted:

Did you remember to carry the 1?

Oh, poo poo, you're right. Let me just re-crunch the ol' numbers aaaaaannnnnnnd....

Well that's strange. Now my calculations say that it's actually the best thing ever created by a person in all of human history, and the best possible thing that could ever be created. Huh.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Theory: anyone who doesn't like MM&O has either never dealt with people like the characters, or are (or at one point were) Owl.

In the case of the latter, stop chasing thirteen-year-olds.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe they're just not into furry comics?

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
I'll continue posting Moon over June until you guys post more MMO.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Selklubber posted:

I'll continue posting Moon over June until you guys post more MMO.

an artist once posted:

ART TIP:

To give your character an unhinged, psychotic look, try drawing them with a Moon Over June face

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Maybe they're just not into furry comics?

shut up, Owl.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

HPanda posted:

Theory: anyone who doesn't like MM&O has either never dealt with people like the characters, or are (or at one point were) Owl.

In the case of the latter, stop chasing thirteen-year-olds.

Everyone who likes MMO thinks they're Werewolf Jones but are in fact Owl. Everyone is Owl.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Deified Data posted:

Everyone who likes MMO thinks they're Werewolf Jones but are in fact Owl. Everyone is Owl.

i know for a fact that im mike so just piss off

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i take it back, im robot smoking that yellow smoke out back

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Can robots catch conjunctivitis?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Deified Data posted:

I wish that I could suck my dick, but I broke my back.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Keep posting those MM&Os. I'ma post some equally-entertaining poo poo.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

It's cool when a movie sticks so close to the source material

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

starkebn posted:

Can robots catch conjunctivitis?

You can program them to emulate effects of that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Buckets posted:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Powaqoatse posted:

i know for a fact that im mike so just piss off

No way you could hang like Mike.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

No way you could hang like Mike.

the gently caress do you know

i have specialties like:
- looking cool in the background
- opening a door & backing out because its too much
- try and talk to a lady, get rejected & later hear that one of my friends were with her that very night
- thats it i think

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Buckets posted:

Someone made a Chick Tract into a movie?!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Poldarn posted:

I have such sights to show you...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poldarn posted:

And it wasn't "MOON GOD?!" :mad:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Early MRElephant. He's even got a fedora!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

MM&O is Bojack Horseman without any jokes

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Oh, so season one.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Tiggum posted:

Oh, so season one.

I see what you did. Seriously though, I think MM&O bears a strong resemblance to Bojack (or vice versa I guess) if you only include the gutwrenching moments of seasons 2 and 3

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Back
In the nineties
I caught conjunctivitis

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
They're just really high
Don't act like you don't know

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

I'm pretty tired of hearing that I just don't "get it". That I haven't had those friends, that I haven't been in those situations. I have, and I understand the humor in lovely people like that, but it's a bad comic. It just is. I can excuse lovely art, lovely writing, lovely jokes, I'm ready, bring it the gently caress on. I can't excuse MM&O. It's just not good.

That said, the one where Megg woke up and decided she'd have a fashion day and then got street hassled into hating life did make me feel something.

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 14:14 on Nov 12, 2016

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

thats why its good imo

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm pretty tired of hearing that I just don't "get it". That I haven't had those friends, that I haven't been in those situations. I have, and I understand the humor in lovely people like that, but it's a bad comic. It just is. I can excuse lovely art, lovely writing, lovely jokes, I'm ready, bring it the gently caress on. I can't excuse MM&O. It's just not good.

That said, the one where Megg woke up and decided she'd have a fashion day and then got street hassled into hating life did make me feel something.
Thanks for this objective and factual post. Now that you've pointed out that MM&O is objectively bad we can all just stop enjoying it. Boy, I'm glad to know how wrong I was to think it was good, when it turns out it's actually bad!

Here's an Achewood that came up when I clicked random comic a few times. If not for Ray's mother you could've had a different president.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Requesting that comic with the big red cat lying across model train tracks, and there's a huge derailment and then it gets put in a model jail & its head sticks out & it looks pissed off all the time

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

That said, the one where Megg woke up and decided she'd have a fashion day and then got and street hassled into hating life did make me feel something.

You just don't get it and you haven't had those friends and you haven't been in those situations. It's a good comic, and you're a whiny twat.

Want to see a MM&O/Drunken Bakers crossover to be honest

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
See, these are the type of depressing working class comics I can relate to, not that nonsense with talking owls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Not to SMG it up in here, but the execution is a part of the comic's tone. It's mediocre, inconsistent, and feels like all motivation is spent before the comic is done. It's a half-assed, cynical comic about half-assed, cynical losers. People who look down on any real effort, because they long ago realized they can't follow through on anything, and gave up. If the comic was more professional, it would defeat the premise.

MM&O isn't a funny comic, outside of shadenfreude, or laughing as a defense against some absurdity you recognize in your own life.

It's the logical conclusion of the "It's cool not to care." philosophy of a portion of our generation too broken or lazy to be the sexy hipsters we see on TV.