Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Outsider was poop in DH1. He's not that great here but still better since he doesn't take five years to speak a sentence.
Outsider is supposed to sound a little bored. Don't like the new guy as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Genocyber posted:

Outsider was poop in DH1. He's not that great here but still better since he doesn't take five years to speak a sentence.

god yes, i couldn't stand talking to the Outsider in the first game because i knew i could not only crack a beer, but also drink the entire thing while contemplating the pointlessness of my existence before he finished meandering about whatever stupid bullshit he had on his mind this time

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Coolguye posted:

god yes, i couldn't stand talking to the Outsider in the first game because i knew i could not only crack a beer, but also drink the entire thing while contemplating the pointlessness of my existence before he finished meandering about whatever stupid bullshit he had on his mind this time

Jesus Fuckin' Christ you guys and your loving internet hyperbole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZJvyFwnmg

He sounds OTHERWORLDLY. He's fine.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
have you SEEN how fast i drink a beer

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

On the PS4 at least this game is pretty drat fantastic with no performance issues.

Apparently the Overseers have different masks and outfits in the four different nations. In Serkonos they wear white shirts and have black skull-masks, last game in Griswol we had guys wearing black with gold frowny-masks, and when I snuck through a dentist's office Emily said these creepy eyeless toothy dental models reminded her of the Overseer masks in Morley.

I hope this franchise goes on long enough for us to actually see the cursed continent of Pandyssia.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh. Theory: Meagan Foster is Daud's lieutenant who betrayed him, 100%. The gently caress was her name. Billie Lurk!

Bogart fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 12, 2016

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Shadow walk is the loving coolest and the kill animations are something out of a horror movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bogart posted:

Oh. Theory: Meagan Foster is Daud's lieutenant who betrayed him, 100%. The gently caress was her name. Billie Lurk!
Haven't gotten to a point that would yet but she looks pretty close to her plus some years of wear and tear. The peaceful solution was to exile her so makes sense. Also the Heart tells you about her growing up poor in a similar manner to what we know about Billie's past.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
confirming this game is 100% GPU dependant - I`m on an amd fx 8350 with 8gb of RAM, but I`ve got a 1080, and get 60-90fps on high and ultra settings (what it defaulted to)

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i wish there wasn't a dumb graphical effect when you're crouching

the game's performance takes a major hit whenever you crouch for some reason

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So one change they made that I hate is when you have your hands sheathed if you press the shoulder buttons it will use the thing in that hand rather than just take your hands out to view. Is there any way to take your hands out without using what's in them so I don't waste grenades or mana on a power or anything like that? I like to keep the hands away for more viewing real estate but to also take them out at a moment's notice since I often forget what I had in each.

e: It was a milisecond after this post that I thought to try holding square (as opposed to just tapping it). It works. Yay.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

The Walrus posted:

confirming this game is 100% GPU dependant - I`m on an amd fx 8350 with 8gb of RAM, but I`ve got a 1080, and get 60-90fps on high and ultra settings (what it defaulted to)

Yeah I checked it last night and only one core of my i5 6600k was in use, and not even maxed out at that.

Also I really liked the old Outsider voice for a lot of reasons, but one of them was because Billy Lush was also the trigger happy batshit SAW gunner in Generation Kill. So for him to go from HELL YEAH GIT SUM to weird rear end dude in bizarro space was pretty funny :haw:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The Walrus posted:

Is this anything the upcoming patch is likely to fix? I've been looking forward to this game for a long time and just about everything I've read is leading me to hold off on purchasing it for now even with the tricks you can use like CPU priority and pre-rendered frames. If it's coded in such a way that it barely uses the CPU, that sounds like a harder issue to fix and I really hope this doesn't end up like Arkham Knight where it's a broken game on release that never really gets sorted out.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA

Drifter posted:

Jesus Fuckin' Christ you guys and your loving internet hyperbole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujZJvyFwnmg

He sounds OTHERWORLDLY. He's fine.

if anything they went too far with the new voice actor he talks faster than any other character. it sounds really bad imo, as well as the new reverb effect or whatever they've added. plus the slightly nasal voice.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm just gonna wait until they release a patch or something. None of the fixes I've found do anything. What a bad launch.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what kind of graphics should i expect with a 980ti @ 1080p

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Empress Brosephine posted:

what kind of graphics should i expect with a 980ti @ 1080p

I'm running a 980 ti at 1920x1200, with no tweaks the only issue I've had so far is when loading finishes, the loading screen is stuttery. Got the graphics pretty much maxed with no framerate issues.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lprsti99 posted:

I'm running a 980 ti at 1920x1200, with no tweaks the only issue I've had so far is when loading finishes, the loading screen is stuttery. Got the graphics pretty much maxed with no framerate issues.

First level performance is definitely not indicative of the game as a whole. Once you get to Karnaca expect the FPS to dip a bunch in areas of verticality.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Been experimenting with some settings. Might just be me, but it seems like the higher I increase my FOV, the better framerate I get. It was garbage at 85 but fluid at 115.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Beat the game after about 12 hours (in stealth but kinda started rushing things and not collecting later on, so there's going to be different times for different runs). Enjoyed it a lot. It fixes a lot of my issues with the previous game, like the lack of non-lethal moves in fights or the overuse of monologues.

I found the non-lethal defeat of Delilah really interesting, with her being trapped in a false version of her ideal world and never noticing contrasted well with Emily realizing her irresponsibility as the Empress and seeing the struggles borne from the Empire's inequality. The themes of decline and class disparity is really well expressed in the level design as well, with the Clockwork Mansion's veneer of sophistication over grimy mechanisms and violent industrialization, or literally hopping between an aristocratic party and the ruined building in the present, hidden behind an aristocratic riddle and kept alive by a gangster's pity, or replacing the duke with his working-class body double, who tells you to gently caress off when you ask him to be a puppet ruler. It's a surprisingly good story from what I expected would be fairly personal stakes.

Gameplay advice: Stun Mines are your friend. Fully upgrade them and they'll nonlethally take out a room of dudes.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Okay I limited the fps to 30 just to check and it looked pretty similar to what I was getting and after putting the limit back to 60 it's fine now? Weird.

Anyone know what Dynamic Resolution is? It seems to reset to 75 every time I start the game up.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

Can anyone explain to me just what on earth does the "adaptive resolution" setting actually do? I can't find any explanation through some quick googling.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I did do a search just in case.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Sorry if this was answered before, but are there any in-mission cues that I'm missing if you get spotted or someone dies? I just finished mission 2 and apparently got spotted at some point, but don't remember it happening.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think I've got a bug on mission 3. T
I pulled the whale oil tank off the arc pylon, but it's still powered up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How is this thing on a PS4 Pro/1080P? I really liked #1 but wasn't one of the obsessives.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

foozwak posted:

Can anyone explain to me just what on earth does the "adaptive resolution" setting actually do? I can't find any explanation through some quick googling.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but I did do a search just in case.

It seems like it lowers the resolution on things similar to the resolution scale in something like Dragon Age Inquisition (edit: or shadow of mordor), but it only affects the more distant things. The lower the slider the blocker things are, at least in my experience. I may be entirely wrong.

incidentally, these bloodflies remind me a lot of cazadores and it's serious ptsd right now

Asbury fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 12, 2016

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

I am an EXPERT STEALTH WIZARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEvfqfw98Ig

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I'm only up to the Clockwork Mansion and what a fantastic level. I was blown away when I realized you could go behind the walls and that the mechanics are actually an important part of the game play. And it sounds like it's not even considered the best mission yet.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone tried playing this with a controller on PC?

Mandals
Aug 31, 2004

Isn't it pretty to think so.
Can you return to areas to pick up things you missed? I just finished the second mission where I have to get a carriage to some place, and I left a few runes and bone charms in the Karnaca docks level. Is Karnaca a hub I can return to or am I boned?

Mandals fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 12, 2016

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Mandals posted:

Can you return to areas to pick up things you missed? I just finished the second mission where I have to get a carriage to some place, and I left a few runes and bone charms in the Karnaca main level. Is Karnaca a hub I can return to or am I boned?

You can't return, you can restart just that level though.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo 4x naptime hugs and 4x chance to get my naptime darts back? I really need to grab those charms :stare:

Emily's shadow knockout is less hug and more :gonk:

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Noirex posted:

You can't return, you can restart just that level though.

I don't think there's any way to restart anymore.

Anyway I've been robbing all the black markets and in the 9th mission there's an ambush setup to kill the black market thief haha.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Beat the game after about 12 hours (in stealth but kinda started rushing things and not collecting later on, so there's going to be different times for different runs). Enjoyed it a lot. It fixes a lot of my issues with the previous game, like the lack of non-lethal moves in fights or the overuse of monologues.

I found the non-lethal defeat of Delilah really interesting, with her being trapped in a false version of her ideal world and never noticing contrasted well with Emily realizing her irresponsibility as the Empress and seeing the struggles borne from the Empire's inequality. The themes of decline and class disparity is really well expressed in the level design as well, with the Clockwork Mansion's veneer of sophistication over grimy mechanisms and violent industrialization, or literally hopping between an aristocratic party and the ruined building in the present, hidden behind an aristocratic riddle and kept alive by a gangster's pity, or replacing the duke with his working-class body double, who tells you to gently caress off when you ask him to be a puppet ruler. It's a surprisingly good story from what I expected would be fairly personal stakes.

Gameplay advice: Stun Mines are your friend. Fully upgrade them and they'll nonlethally take out a room of dudes.

The objectives seem to imply there's a third way to finish the fight, any idea what that could be?

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
I crafted a 4x strong arms charm and it seems to have made knockouts slower, not faster. Anyone else experiencing this?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Klaus Kinski posted:

The objectives seem to imply there's a third way to finish the fight, any idea what that could be?

no idea, there might be a way to trap her in the painting where she's unhappy but I didn't find it. Only saw kill or use the corrupt rune on the throne and put her unconscious body on the throne. I wondered if there's some 3rd path with the delilah effigy but I dont think so unless it's a high/low chaos thing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This game is awesome in a huge number of ways and I'd actually be able to enjoy it if it would stop loving resetting its own CPU priority to low and killing its performance. Ugh. One time I even found it back at normal, not low, just to make things even more confusing.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I recommend Emily for those who want to go stealth/nonlethal. She has this power where she can tag two to four enemies, and anything that happens to one of them will happen to the other. So if she hits one of them with a sedative dart, the other targets she magically linked to the one will also fall asleep. This power both conserves ammunition and reduces the chances of getting spotted.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Just did the escape from the tower mission at the start and you can skip half the level (from where you leave the tower to where you get on the boat) by catching a train. I love this game already. I actually went back through the whole section backwards because I didn't want to just skip all that content (and loot) but it's cool that you can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kurzon posted:

I recommend Emily for those who want to go stealth/nonlethal. She has this power where she can tag two to four enemies, and anything that happens to one of them will happen to the other. So if she hits one of them with a sedative dart, the other targets she magically linked to the one will also fall asleep. This power both conserves ammunition and reduces the chances of getting spotted.

Yeah that power looked super broken in the previews I've seen. How much mana does it use?

• Locked thread