Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Diogines posted:

People can still vote for them, but they are too involved to do automatically.

If we end up devoting a significant amount of time to managing the city, can we have actual votes on public infrastructure projects or major events we want to organize/sponsor instead of limiting them to write-in options?

Also +1 university, +1 library, +1 olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Waci posted:

If we end up devoting a significant amount of time to managing the city, can we have actual votes on public infrastructure projects or major events we want to organize/sponsor instead of limiting them to write-in options?
[b]
My current plan is to have a "build stuff" option in a separate vote soon on things you might wish to order built, using the resources available. Unless you vote for G however, you won't become heavily involved in building and overseeing whatever is made and will have far less control on the outcome.

You will essentially delegate it to others.

Whether or not G wins you will have a new vote on Building Stuff, the Capybaras needed more time to set the vote up. Voting G or not now decides how much you are personally involved.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 12, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We should build a wall and have the bnaimokt pay for it.

Too soon?

Absum
May 28, 2013

1. AEF

Was gonna vote club instead of bow first cause I thought it might be more useful but I like the bow better after all.

Absum fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 14, 2016

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
E
We need to master ourselves, this sudden influx of ??? means Ish is the only one who I believe can truly guide us.

F
I think, from a metagaming perspective, this is actually a kinda bad vote, but I feel that Enkidel would want to spend time with his family.

L
United we stand, we need to bolster the strength of the bond of the people of Zepath and their closest neighbours.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Edited my response to Waci above about building stuff.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

jazzyhattrick posted:

Are we going to build a wall around kavodel?

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, and the Bnaimokt are going to pay for it.

Battle Royale Baby posted:

We should build a wall and have the bnaimokt pay for it.

Too soon?

Too late.

sotary
Sep 11, 2001
E F G

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

H N

P - Let's deal with the refugees. Declare that the children we rescued deserve the same opportunity we got, as we were also rescued from demon enslavement. To that end we should start training them basic survival skills in order to take the manhood trial and become part of Zepath since many of them didn't have the luxury of growing up here before taking the trials. Declare that as we were made to pay a bride price before marrying into the line of Zepa, so must they. Any Gebeban who wishes to marry a Zepathan woman or any Zepathan man who wishes to marry a Gebeban woman must make or perform some great work according to their chosen profession. Declare that by doing so they are part of Zepa's realm and any who would try to hinder their attempts or deny their successes would be considered the as a thief stealing from Zepa's kingdom.

2. Let's take a quick trip to visit Indor and ask for info on amber and any other things we saw that aren't verboten.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Uhhhh then trying to marry in ends in execution. Did you not read?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
so, Hagar didn't know we were a Melachin (given her surprise when she saw our wings probably) but she still had a statue built that resembled is. Weird.

Also lol at her knowing that apparently the Giants are now aware of the celestial warfare or something. I hope that doesn't bite us on the rear end.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
E E E

Our survival, and the survival of our family and city seem to me to most depend on our ability to master our terrifying potential. (And the blessing of El and the protection of the Melachin, but they are inscrutable and welp Tanaach) So I say let's hunker down and harness our newfound level of ever swelling ??? and the strong foundations of our training and work on becoming a being that can go head to head with greater horrors.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah and Tudiya does have a reason for not letting them marry ur people but we can. They're not of the line of labaras, a bloodline that ACTUALLY has magical powers that protect ur from demons. If they marry into te line they'll dilute it really, really fast and could threaten future generations by making them far weaker. With Ruth we can see that you can't just obtain bloodedness by being awesome.

We on the other hand, are descended from labaras, something Tudiya confirmed with his magic handshake.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

BEE

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

FoxTerrier posted:

Diog Ruth is getting older. Would Tudiyah let her marry once she's past child bearing age? Just curious.
The issue is not her reproducing. Well that was an issue too, he did not want her marrying a Zepathan but had no issue as long as it was some foreigner. Before 180 Gebebans showed up Tudiya did not seem to think the prospect of Ruth having children would doom all of Ur, he just did not want to risk her diluting Zepath's bloodline. With a single woman to keep an eye on that is a manageable problem if she married a foreign merchant or something.

The issue is homosexuality.

You declared her to be a man.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

The issue is not her reproducing. Well that was an issue too, he did not want her marrying a Zepathan but had no issue as long as it was some foreigner. Before 180 Gebebans showed up Tudiya did not seem to think the prospect of Ruth having children would doom all of Ur, he just did not want to risk her diluting Zepath's bloodline. With a single woman to keep an eye on that is a manageable problem if she married a foreign merchant or something.

The issue is homosexuality.

You declared her to be a man.

That was other goons voting for her to be a man. I had nothing to do with that decision. :colbert:

(By yeah, thanks, I did forget that major issue somehow)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
A, D, E

We'd never have killed the First without that bow. Smithery is cool. Not going berserk and eating everything is cool.

urf
Jul 12, 2009
D F O

Go home and be a family man!
Also I think D and O might have some synergy..

a) Talk with Jobe, Paebel and Ezekiel (I don't remember if that's his name, the other former heretic, the two sworded badass commander) about making things easier with reintegrating the former heretics into the community/church.
b) Maybe see what Ahaz (the 'black sheep' son) thinks about Lefkandi's cool new stuff and if he's got any ideas for our own new discoveries (paper, improved forge etc)
c) Go see the Orm
d) Talk with Zeb (the old man is not having a good time :( )
e) Short camping trip (or other possible activity) with Triple Dad and Danal (some quality time would help I think)
f) Take some time to practice our dancing skills
g) Talk to a local baker and butcher about making some dog treats for Snarls

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xun posted:

Yeah and Tudiya does have a reason for not letting them marry ur people but we can. They're not of the line of labaras, a bloodline that ACTUALLY has magical powers that protect ur from demons. If they marry into te line they'll dilute it really, really fast and could threaten future generations by making them far weaker. With Ruth we can see that you can't just obtain bloodedness by being awesome.

We on the other hand, are descended from labaras, something Tudiya confirmed with his magic handshake.

Hence the bride price demand. If they want to marry they'd better bring something really good to the table.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Would a trip to go stretch our wings count as a big time investment? Would it also defy the no big adventures? It'd be a 4 month round-trip at the minimum, so I assume so, but I don't want to forget it.

Also, I would like to add to my 2 vote:
Spend some time with the Gebebans

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
A - Sniper
D - Smith
I - Secrets

As great as the club is, our archery skills carried the fight with the Gebebians. Let's make sure we improve that a bit. Iron will keep our Balls well protected, and ensure the survival of our troops. Studying with the clergy will allow us to try and find out more secrets, while reassuring the temple we aren''t a heretic.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

1. F, O, Q

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
A
E
G

2. Visit our mother and tell her we love her

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

A A E

All in on the bow. I want to be the best bow person ever. gently caress the club. But yeah we also need to up our magic game so Ish time is necessary.

As for extras...

-Confer with Chait about the possibility of iron arrows. (I don't remember if we did this or not during the whole iron section, ignore this if we did)
-Try to spend some extra time with Ruth, as it's likely she's not gonna be around much longer in our lives, unlike everyone else.
-Check in on the fruit tree David's got going.
-Play a prank on Ishamal.
-Try to get a moment with our former heretical balls to help reintegrate the former heretics into the orthodoxy. Also make it clear that while we don't support melachim worship, not ALL their ideas were bad.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Hence the bride price demand. If they want to marry they'd better bring something really good to the table.

I really don't think a bride price will change anything, they are still diluting the genuine magic man bloodline. It's not going to matter generations later that a guy manages to do a thing good once. Like it is a fact that the bloodlines are generally getting weaker and that adding people who are 100% unblooded is going to speed that up a lot.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

EIN

Tyromancer
Sep 2, 2011

Eglamore looks pretty different.
1) D E I

And also

Go drinking with Ish and Triple Dad. Just socially hang out for a while without asking dozens of questions.

This might fall into too much time/resources, but:
Start keeping records of the "Bloodedness" of Kavodel's population . Nothing particularly formal, along the lines of "this year X men were capable of doing such-and-such". We've got a long life ahead of us and it'd be useful someday to see if the decline of Bloodedness was ever starting to reverse.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

1. G H E. I'm Team SimKavodel. We need to work on improving everyone's lives, and train a military. I'd use my third vote on more SimKavodel stuff, but our [???] is going to require our attention with word of our exploits spreading, and the worship-favor-belief-birthdaycake-blue-five resulting from that accelerating it.

2. Reverse engineer parchment/papyrus. I'm not sure if this is something we can do with our 5% time or not, though. Not as important as my 1 votes, if so.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
BEG

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
FGN

It's not that I don't care about other things, but it's the raw totals that matter and I'll be damned if we ignore everything around us again.

Figure out pen, ink and parchment.
Teach Lefkandi about writing on parchment, once we figure it out. And our sons and Gareb.
Make some toys for the little ones in our family.
Buy Chait a beer and thank him again for the bow that saved our rear end a ton of times.
Carve a sweet looking goat for Azazzel and leave it for him at the goat rock.
Check up on how the former heretics are doing.
Check up on how Jobe is handling the former heretics.
Find a way to talk to Indor about the Amber. Use intermediaries if necessary.
Check up on how cultivating Amok's fruit is going.
Change the coins so that they have our face on them.
Start dabbling in astronomy. Make notes about the position of major bodies in the night's sky.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

LNO

The House of Zepa shall prosper through alliances, trade and technological innovation.

2. Either develop ink and paper ourselves or show it to Gareb and Lefkandi and delegate
Delegate our best suited Ball after us to help train the men of Kavodel for war
Once a year throw a party to celebrate all the men that went on a manhood trial that year

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 12, 2016

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
B. My skill with a club is great, though several in the region are superior in such things. I can parry blows with an enormous club one handed, or two handed perform moves which might be described as "pulping" my foes. My strength is only growing and no weapon tales advantage of it like a club. Yet the gap between my skill and Tudiya and the Old Tales is vast. I work to bridge it.

D. If I ever hope to make true high quality Blooded Bronze I will need years, time and practice. I invented coins. I invented the compound pulley, well, reinvented, it existed elsewhere it seems. Me and Adina made a new and superior forge. Smithing is among the most prestigious professions in Ur and even coming to it relatively late in life I have shown tremendous and rapid improvement. I am an obvious prodigy. Almost as if I was not human but some sort of superior, supernatural being. Even the secrets of the Amalakite iron I have discovered though our working with it is still new. What might I discover, tomorrow? Let's find out. I devote myself to my forge.

E. I have long since known Ishamal is not teaching me for war, he is teaching me self control. My trip to Amalek may give strong hints on why, though Ishamal has hardly made it a secret. For much of my life I have spent considerable amounts of time on Ishamal's training, in some periods, most of my time. Progress has ever been slow. Frustratingly, maddeningly slow. Yet as it has progressed I have learned or intuited "secondary" abilities. Some came in rather handy. Ishamal's training is probably why I survived the fall of Tanaach. Even if I have (mostly) obeyed Ishamal's rules about experimenting I am strongly suspecting I could perform certain fantastical feats, even if not allowed. I could very probably throw fireballs, after a crude fashion. [???] has begun increasing more rapidly since my return from the south than I have ever noticed before, an actual noticeable amount some days! Something I once thought impossible! I keep up my training. This has been a major focus on my time in the past.

Assign whomever is the best in Kavodel at tree-farming to help nurture a grove of the trees we brought back from the ruins of Amok.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
1. E, D, G
2. Observe David's orchard.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Greggster posted:

E
We need to master ourselves, this sudden influx of ??? means Ish is the only one who I believe can truly guide us.

F
I think, from a metagaming perspective, this is actually a kinda bad vote, but I feel that Enkidel would want to spend time with his family.

L
United we stand, we need to bolster the strength of the bond of the people of Zepath and their closest neighbours.

Hey! Exactly what I want. I just honestly want to start dicking around in the greater society of Ur. I also want to get to know our wider family more and make our clan into a bunch of badasses

E, F, L

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nemo posted:

so, Hagar didn't know we were a Melachin (given her surprise when she saw our wings probably) but she still had a statue built that resembled is. Weird.

Oops

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
AEL bring on the influx of [???].

Ur-lympics

Take time to look at the night sky. Just notice it more often and remember what it looks like.

On a Hagar note, it would seem that the cult of the melachim might be a rogue faction that don't agree with the Ur worship armistice, which could be effecting the worship flowing to El and thus weakening Ur. Might want to start up an inquisition.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D F H

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The road to hunger is paved with good intentions.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I guess we should stone the mason as well, just to be sure we got all of them.

Is Hagar the first person with whom blue spirit we've talked after getting our wings? poo poo should be interesting if we ever fight agains donut assholes again. "I'll HAVE MY REVENG... wait what?" *gets dragged to Mt. Har*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
F I O