Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

So this nearly 900mb patch just fixed a bunch of cosmetic poo poo and didn't bother to fix any of the major issues still present from the demo beta. If you don't have a player on your team that benefits from the netcode, you are so screwed.

Try reporting it? I think they're watching the IW subreddit somewhat closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They are well aware of it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Connection's been... better? tonight.

More importantly I'm killing people with this piece of poo poo howitzer and getting rage mail :haw:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

so uh i ran into a guy who had coded characters in his name that flickered super fast and g ave a huge fps drop any time his nameplate was on screen.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You don't always get given the salvage when open the crates. Sometimes it actually removes salvage :iw:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Was thinking about the difficulty of chaining kills in this game due to the lethality, I should be able to try JTF max level smg soon (the one with health regen after kill), using Merc with Infusion and Reactive Armor. Infusion cuts regen time almost in half (faster time to start regen + faster regen both), and RA is just tough.

You are almost guaranteed to lose a fight if you enter it at less than full health, and that smg and infusion both help reduce that and give you better odds in a fast 1v2 fight.

The other option would be to go ahead and use the Nano Stim tactical thing with either Warfighter-Resupply, or Synaptic-Rewind. Either one would let you use Nano shots very frequently. Rewind is also pretty incredible in general, so there's that.

On shotguns, if you're using the semi or full auto shotguns, unlock and get the smart sight and quickdraw on them. All the pellets lock on while you're ADS, which makes them a lot more consistently lethal. Smart sight works on the pumps too, but it doesn't do anything for damage or range, so you can still hit with all pellets and fail to kill due to the garbage range on those guns. The semi/full auto though, you just want as much damage as possible on the first 2-3 shots, and that sight gives that to you.

If you're using the pump shotguns (you dumb bastard), use FTL Jump or Phase + FTL Slide. Put on laser sight and rifled barrel/speaker amp, slide into everyone and hipfire them. Sliding is really loving fast and hard to track in this game, and they are pretty consistent 1hkos if the barrel is lodged in their nuts. I still wouldn't call them good exactly, but it's fun to do, and good practice for all the drat slide kills you need to get with smgs if you plan on going for solar/black sky camo.

Also if you haven't yet, use Phantom's Ballista payload, that thing is loving hilarious. The instant you have a target in your sight you can pull the trigger and it'll autolock and kill them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Carecat posted:

You don't always get given the salvage when open the crates. Sometimes it actually removes salvage :iw:

Bold move for IW to use the in-game currency as a lesson of how economies work.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I've had the game not give me Salvage for duplicate items.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad I've just hoarded keys and not opened any boxes. Except 1 last night and the 10 from the season pass. Back to hoarding!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

FirstPersonShitter posted:

so uh i ran into a guy who had coded characters in his name that flickered super fast and g ave a huge fps drop any time his nameplate was on screen.
What platform?

victrix posted:

Also if you haven't yet, use Phantom's Ballista payload, that thing is loving hilarious. The instant you have a target in your sight you can pull the trigger and it'll autolock and kill them.
Huh, no wonder I wasn't doing badly with it when I'm a terrible sniper.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ok so I'm trying to play some of this new zombies mode and I have no loving clue what I'm doing. Is there an idiot guide for it yet? The map is huge and you can interact with like everything and the zombies all kill you in 3 hits and it's fun and poo poo at the same time.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

trash person posted:

I have to ask, what's with all the netcode talk? As in, what is it that people are seeing/experiencing that leads them to declare it's bad netcode.

I'm playing on Xbox One, have 25mbps down internet. I haven't had any issues with playing the game that I would put down to netcode. None of the kill cams I've seen indicated to me that the netcode was to blame.

you have "average" internet, so what lag comp sort of does is try to make your connection as good as mine (150/50) and mine as bad as yours so what ends up happening is what Macys described

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
yeah, in practice, it doesn't compensate lag, it handicaps reaction time.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

sba posted:

you have "average" internet, so what lag comp sort of does is try to make your connection as good as mine (150/50) and mine as bad as yours so what ends up happening is what Macys described
Yeah, it's pretty obvious when the connection is bad. I've been around a corner for a full second and then was suddenly dead. Or mag dumped into the back of someone's head and had them turn around and kill me. There was an in-depth (if somewhat dry and boring) demonstration someone did showing how lag comp worked with one of the older CoDs. With 2 people recording simultaneously one of them would see the other player nearly a full second before the other one did. In a game like this with really high ttk you're going to get loving murdered if you aren't on par with other players.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I saw a video of a guy with a Netduma who throttled his connection to like 5/2.5 and he was straight up melting people and turning on them like it was nothing, crazy stuff.

IW has always been bad at this.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

PATCH NOTES:

MULTIPLAYER:

Fixes for Medals
General fixes for Infected mode
Removing CTF Flags in Winner’s Circle; adjusted session state change for games where there’s no kill cam
Map exploits (we know some of you are reporting one on Genesis; we’re working on it)
Removal of Taunts that weren’t supposed to be unlocked
Localization formatting fixes
Adjusted a challenge to correctly reference Propulsion rather than Rushdown
Fixed typos
Adjusted the challenge for killing players in the air just a tinnnny bit more lenient
EAK ADS fire fix
Fixed an issue where the 2nd player in splitscreen would not earn any Mission Team Progress
Added a sound for tripmine projectile
Fix for Synaptic death going through the ground
Add a win to the top 3 players in FFA modes for leaderboard stats and show victory on the final win/lose/tie HUD
Created more contract between the 3 Scorestreaks that are selected versus the ones that are disabled
Adjusted points for score per bomb plant
Fixed accessory collision on the R.A.W.
Adjusted a Frontline spawn point on Riot due to intersection geometry
Fix for previews of Mission Team emblems when they were still locked
Adjusted gun camos
FFA score increase from 50 to 100
Fixed the collision of the strap on the Karma from glitching through the other side of the gun
DMR-1 – Epic- No longer supports the Variable Zoom Scope
Enlarged the collision shape on cosmetics to prevent clipping with various weapons
Fix for one extra frame of latency that was appearing in the muzzle flashes
Fixed a bug where bots wouldn’t pick up crates in Drop Zone
Fixed a bug where the Stinger would lock on to your own Killstreaks in FFA
Fix for S&D crash
Better win conditions that will prevent draws in Reinforce
Combat Burst duration tuning for CWL
CWL – adjustments to recipe for correct Payload charge and score rates
Fixed one known issue with framerate on Xbox One and various performance improvements – if you’re still experience this, please let us know
Added Infected mode
Adjustment to the Warden Killstreak on Breakout
Pick 10 points are now blue
Added ability to see the chosen Rig and mini combat record of others players in a lobby
ZOMBIES:

Fix for pap zappers having no ammo after you pick them back up off the standee
Fix for pap zappers not having camo after putting back on the standee
Fix for Brute having his helmet on incorrectly after removing it after he grabbed a zombie
Fix for zombies who “walk on air”
Fixes for certain cards with the Alien Fight
Front end camera transition fixes
Fix for the croc mouth (sometimes it wouldn’t return to its original height)
Fix for seeing player outlines when they are playing emulated arcade games
Allow clowns to be part of the “kill marked” challenges
Make sure the Brute zombie doesn’t decide to grab/kill zombies who are marked for a challenge
Fix for players being able to jump+sprint down the slide
Add the soul key progression to the front end.
Fix for players being able to repair a window from too far away and avoid being attacked
Fix for N31L’s pause/unpause functionality being broken after letting him auto-pause due to multiple failed challenges in a row
Fixed the occasional crawling zombie playing a standing death animation
Reducing emissive on camos
Give player a hit reward if melee’ing during Infinite Ammo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

Add a win to the top 3 players in FFA modes for leaderboard stats and show victory on the final win/lose/tie HUD

Holy poo poo, they really did copy-paste BLOPS 3. It's the only other game that had this bug.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

quote:

• EAK ADS fire fix
  • Fixed a bug where the Stinger would lock on to your own Killstreaks in FFA

Did they just straight up publish a bunch of Git commit messages without any editing? The Stinger's obvious because there's only one thing that locks on, but what in the world is the EAK? My guess is the Volk (Electro-AK?) but who knows.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
Can we please stop mentioning your bandwidth when talking about network connection? It is practically irrelevant. Call of Duty takes up so little bandwidth.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
did someone say bandwidth

IM DAY DAY IRL fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 12, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

venutolo posted:

Can we please stop mentioning your bandwidth when talking about network connection? It is practically irrelevant. Call of Duty takes up so little bandwidth.

Online gaming in general uses very little bandwidth. It's more sensitive to your connection quality than anything.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Titanfall 2 is awesome.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Troutz posted:

Titanfall 2 is awesome.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mill Village posted:

Online gaming in general uses very little bandwidth. It's more sensitive to your connection quality than anything.

And the hosts not being peer to peer. Supposedly it's still using the P2P lobby system like ghosts as players have seen host migration but there's not much more information.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Troutz posted:

Titanfall 2 is awesome.

Bought two Titanfall Dew cans, and they don't have codes! :argh:

why put the brand on it if you aren't going to promote anything

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Macys posted:

To get you to buy the bottles, of course.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I only got the cans because this one convenience store can somehow get American product. We are seriously lacking in flavor choices.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Please don't talk about known poo poo game Titanfall 2 in this sacred thread.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the flickering special characters were on pc.

the game is also now flooded with aimbotters on pc too.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Jumping fresh into MP to get stomped by nth prestige folks all toting rare / epic weapons already, is awesome. :stare: So glad I spent £30 for MWR and got a hilarious sci-fi campaign to go with it. ( 'You care about your men...' God that scene made me burst out laughing. I was half expecting someone to go, 'DUDE! WHAT THE gently caress?' on the fadeout. )

The MP, wow. I'd much rather play Ghosts. At least that had maps larger than a lunchbox. Also less transparently lovely attempts to make people buy loot crates.

Troutz posted:

Titanfall 2 is awesome.
Totally writing my BT / Ethan fanfic right this moment.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

FirstPersonShitter posted:

the flickering special characters were on pc.

the game is also now flooded with aimbotters on pc too.

I hear this a lot but 400 hours of Black Ops 3 I saw a definite aimbotter about three times. Wallhacks or trigger bots could be a different story.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Carecat posted:

I hear this a lot but 400 hours of Black Ops 3 I saw a definite aimbotter about three times. Wallhacks or trigger bots could be a different story.

I played a bunch of blops 3 on pc and never saw a hacker, or at least nobody I was sure was hacking. this game is a different story. it's been a lot worse the past couple of days, a lot lot worse. People going 51-0, spinning 180, locking onto heads, every kill a headshot, no recoil, just the fastest fire rate weapons possible.

Killed one of them 15 times with trip mines and the hardened trait for stryker because his aimbot wasn't locking onto tripmines and he'd just walk right into them like he couldn't even see them.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

Mister Macys posted:

Titanfall can codes were not made for filthy two-can casuals. You need to go for the cases, bro.

But just to elaborate on my four word shitpost, my impression so far of Infinite Warfare has been a very collective meh. There is something about this game that I am just not feeling at all. It feels like a less polished, weirdly unfun, poorly balanced and ugly version of Black Ops 3. My hope is that this is all stuff they can fix up in the coming months, but I'm not optimistic.

I played MWR a couple days ago and really liked it, but goon enthusiasm for that game seems to be lower than I anticipated.

Titanfall 2 on the other hand is legitimately amazing. It is everything i wanted out of a second Titanfall game; same core gameplay loop with more multiplayer content. Think I'll be sticking to this game for the immediate future. On PC, of course :thumbsup:

Seriously though, if there is anyone here that has some positive vibes to throw my away about IW, I'd love to hear it because so far I'm feeling like it was not worth $60 in the slightest.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

19 pages??? Holy fuckarooney this game is blowing up!!!!!!!

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Troutz posted:

Titanfall can codes were not made for filthy two-can casuals. You need to go for the cases, bro.

But just to elaborate on my four word shitpost, my impression so far of Infinite Warfare has been a very collective meh. There is something about this game that I am just not feeling at all. It feels like a less polished, weirdly unfun, poorly balanced and ugly version of Black Ops 3. My hope is that this is all stuff they can fix up in the coming months, but I'm not optimistic.

I played MWR a couple days ago and really liked it, but goon enthusiasm for that game seems to be lower than I anticipated.

Titanfall 2 on the other hand is legitimately amazing. It is everything i wanted out of a second Titanfall game; same core gameplay loop with more multiplayer content. Think I'll be sticking to this game for the immediate future. On PC, of course :thumbsup:

Seriously though, if there is anyone here that has some positive vibes to throw my away about IW, I'd love to hear it because so far I'm feeling like it was not worth $60 in the slightest.

beating people with toasters and rye bread has been the highlight of this game. I think its all downhill and chromebooks from here

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game also has a pitching machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWpEvlgk0U&t=49s

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Troutz posted:

The unlock system is nice, and would certainly be fun to travel down.

If the progression wasn't purposely poo poo to make people buy loot crates with real money. And attached to a better game. ( Seriously, it can't even track kills properly on the challenges. Wtf. ) Wait, poo poo.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

limited posted:

The unlock system is nice, and would certainly be fun to travel down.

If the progression wasn't purposely poo poo to make people buy loot crates with real money. And attached to a better game. ( Seriously, it can't even track kills properly on the challenges. Wtf. ) Wait, poo poo.

Yeah I like the concept of the progression system. The idea of weapon variants is pretty neat. But holy gently caress, it takes FOREVER to unlock loving ANYTHING. It's so frustrating. I felt instantly hamstrung in regards to progression because I didn't buy the season pass. That feels really lovely.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

to be fair even if you got the season pass its a question of 20 scrap per day vs 10 scrap per day. you're not getting an orange gun from crafting any time this century. best bet seems to be levelling the mission teams. They all give an orange gun at 50, and wraith gives one at 40 too. I'm following the saber mission team with THE most annoying challenges just beacuse the reward is akimbo SMGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Troutz posted:

Yeah I like the concept of the progression system. The idea of weapon variants is pretty neat. But holy gently caress, it takes FOREVER to unlock loving ANYTHING. It's so frustrating. I felt instantly hamstrung in regards to progression because I didn't buy the season pass. That feels really lovely.
Activision and co. have basically ridden the Counterstrike-skin horse and bought it to console. They will be gimping progression and shoe-horning this poo poo into every CoD now because their DLC maps divide the player base, but everyone likes pretty guns.

Square-Enix seem to be trying the same with card systems ( Tomb Raider & Deux Ex being the main offenders recently ) but in true SE fashion, miss the point entirely and gently caress it up.

• Locked thread