Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Troutz posted:

Seriously though, if there is anyone here that has some positive vibes to throw my away about IW, I'd love to hear it because so far I'm feeling like it was not worth $60 in the slightest.
it looks rad on the ps4 pro

you see it's like the matrix. every year you all reset with the same arguments as last year

it drives a poor old broken brain like me crazy, as i can't really tell the difference between this and other cods. Not that it's perfect, I think every cod needs a few large open maps and they've been not doing that since like MW2. one day maybe ill play a good map again

the zombies map is cool

the game looks rad.. did i say that?

ethanol fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Mister Macys posted:

I only got the cans because this one convenience store can somehow get American product. We are seriously lacking in flavor choices.

*flavour

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Troutz posted:

Titanfall can codes were not made for filthy two-can casuals. You need to go for the cases, bro.

But just to elaborate on my four word shitpost, my impression so far of Infinite Warfare has been a very collective meh. There is something about this game that I am just not feeling at all. It feels like a less polished, weirdly unfun, poorly balanced and ugly version of Black Ops 3. My hope is that this is all stuff they can fix up in the coming months, but I'm not optimistic.

I played MWR a couple days ago and really liked it, but goon enthusiasm for that game seems to be lower than I anticipated.

Titanfall 2 on the other hand is legitimately amazing. It is everything i wanted out of a second Titanfall game; same core gameplay loop with more multiplayer content. Think I'll be sticking to this game for the immediate future. On PC, of course :thumbsup:

Seriously though, if there is anyone here that has some positive vibes to throw my away about IW, I'd love to hear it because so far I'm feeling like it was not worth $60 in the slightest.

on a more serious note with the game. Its alot like Blops 3 was in the start. a bit buggy with what feels like it wants to be a good game. alot of things feel very close to being good but just barely missing the mark. My personal favorite weapon class is inconsistent to the point that when it works how i want, Its really loving awesome. but when it doesnt, It really is like a nail in my dick hole. As with every other cod i've played, Its exactly what i wanted, The same exact game with a new filled playerbase.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i am having fun with it, to the point i switched from playing a ton of titanfall to mostly just playing this. I feel like there's more depth and detail in your loadouts and all the unlocks and everything. Titanfall is pretty shallow, you can unlock everything but the camos super fast.

people bitch about the different quality guns but they don't do very much. There's a couple of the super rare epic ones that are actually better than the base gun, but most just have minor poo poo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Reactive Armor in this game is the poo poo. I win so many gunfights I don't deserve to win.

The maps are really starting to grow on me. They don't seem to follow the 3 lane format as much as BO3's maps did.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

sba posted:

*flavour

- Dew with a blast of citrus cherry flavor (not to be confused with Code Red)
- Dew with a blast of mango heat flavor
- Mountain Dew Throwback with real sugar

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I have room in my heart for both titanfall and iw and will be switching between them.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

housefly posted:

I have room in my heart for both titanfall and iw and will be switching between them.

Same but also battlefield 1

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
it might be stockholm syndrome but i am enjoying this game a lot more. i also have a very nice smattering of unlocks before my first prestige. there are no outright "i hate this map" maps (although many are underwhelming) but hotdog makes it all good

plus the groups i've been playing with have been fun, the DMR rules, i'm enjoying it. pls add nodes

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

it might be stockholm syndrome but i am enjoying this game a lot more. i also have a very nice smattering of unlocks before my first prestige. there are no outright "i hate this map" maps (although many are underwhelming) but hotdog makes it all good

plus the groups i've been playing with have been fun, the DMR rules, i'm enjoying it. pls add nodes

Yeah, I'm liking this more than BO3.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, I'm liking this more than BO3.

woah woah woah

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, seriously, don't say anything you can't take back.

Anyone know if FTL's Synaptic's rewind ability restores launcher ammo as well as gun ammo?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 13, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Absolutely does, that's how I did the stupid rear end howitzer challenges. It basically respawns you completely fresh, including gear.

ecdub22
Jul 9, 2008

I'm going to crush all opposition in this thread.

:siren: -=+ 54i +=- :siren:
Pillbug

Troutz posted:

Titanfall can codes were not made for filthy two-can casuals. You need to go for the cases, bro.

But just to elaborate on my four word shitpost, my impression so far of Infinite Warfare has been a very collective meh. There is something about this game that I am just not feeling at all. It feels like a less polished, weirdly unfun, poorly balanced and ugly version of Black Ops 3. My hope is that this is all stuff they can fix up in the coming months, but I'm not optimistic.

I played MWR a couple days ago and really liked it, but goon enthusiasm for that game seems to be lower than I anticipated.

Titanfall 2 on the other hand is legitimately amazing. It is everything i wanted out of a second Titanfall game; same core gameplay loop with more multiplayer content. Think I'll be sticking to this game for the immediate future. On PC, of course :thumbsup:

How about this for a reason: I want us to yell and insult each other just like in Blops 3 and the little we have played of IW. Don't have that on the PC do ya! :argh:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

COD points have been spotted in the game.

Get your wallets ready, y'all.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

They need to remove the drat winners circle. It makes me vomit every time. It's so lame. Soooooo lame

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

ethanol posted:

They need to remove the drat winners circle. It makes me vomit every time. It's so lame. Soooooo lame

I like how they expanded the winners circle to the whole team (Is this true for ground war?).

Next CoD will have everyone from both teams in the circle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I like how they expanded the winners circle to the whole team

and then not have them do anything :effort::iw:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ethanol posted:

But then they can't crowd out the RNG on their supply drops with gestures. :haw:

Anyway, wow. The final act of the campaign takes a bit of a sharp turn.

From noble heroes fighting a almost one-sided war, it becomes a bunch of morons led by a inept, suicidal fuckwit. I would say take a shot something stupid or predictable happens, but I don't want to be responsible for deaths.

Or maybe playing too many vidya games has turned me into a psychopath finally, and I shouldn't have been laughing and rolling my eyes most of the time.

Oh, and a fun tidbit not everyone might pick up when they go to have a beer during credits, Brian Bloom does the voice of Reyes. He also wrote the script. No wonder why everyone rushes to suck off the protaganist moreso than usual.

Ending spoiler - I honestly breathed a sigh of relief when Reyes died. 'HEY GUYS, INSTEAD OF ESCAPING TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY, LET'S DO A SUICIDE RUN! :downs:'

limited fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 13, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

limited posted:

it becomes a bunch of morons led by a inept, suicidal fuckwit.

So it turns into a multiplayer match? :haw:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Reyes is a comical fuckup whose decisions constantly backfire (lol @ the outcome of his big plan to 'start cutting throats') but he at least has a complete narrative arc in which he realizes that his constant attempts to save people are just slowing the bleeding and he'd better try to get everyone killed on purpose to complete a mission, instead of by accident.

The parade of 'hi commander I'm a character' *dies instantly* got pretty ridiculous.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Comically enough this game actually argues that the guy who randomly shoots his own troops is a better qualified commander who the protagonist must learn to emulate.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Deaths is no disgrace - Jon snow

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

General Battuta posted:

Comically enough this game actually argues that the guy who randomly shoots his own troops is a better qualified commander who the protagonist must learn to emulate.
I can't tell if the game is aware of how stupid it is, or not. It kind of started off as a 'meh, not too bad' and dropped to 'dumb even for a video game' level of stupid.

The entire final act is triggered by the dumbest plan ever. Not to mention there's a huge problem with it - Captain Jon Snow already knows his STOP THE GUNS plan failed. They were broadcasting it on the loving TV.

If they spin out IW into a franchise, they better have some higher-up in his organization just outright take the piss out of Captain JS for having a superweapon and failing so drat hard next game. It might not do too well anyway, it'll be World at War remastered by then, seeing as MW2 & MW3 will be in 2017 & 2018.

ethanol posted:

He'd probably be a bit more biased if his rank was lower, if how he treats his own troops was standard for the entire army. :laffo:

:what: 'What happened to you?'
:gibs: 'Captain shot me in the face with a shotgun in a really lovely attempt to look more evil during a monologue to a captured enemy solder.'
:stare: 'AGAIN?'

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ethanol posted:

Hasn't stopped Sean Bean's career yet!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So Throwback has a glitch where if you are piloting an APEX when halftime happens with a nuke weapon equipped, you can die in the next round, and earn the nuke with only a 9 killstreak.

It only works on that map for some reason.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like how they manage to actually capture the Olympus Mons then immediately use it on a suicide rush. Like holy shot you just killed their commander and took their ship. Parade his body across Geneva and turtle up whole you rebuild.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Macys, this is what I meant by MWR spawns being bad.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GenerousOldAustralianshelduck.mp4

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Hasn't stopped Sean Bean's career yet!

:vince:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

Macys, this is what I meant by MWR spawns being bad.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GenerousOldAustralianshelduck.mp4

If you check the map, you'll notice your own people are on both sides. Working as intended; it's trying to flip, but can't.

Next time, tell those idiots not to pass the bus.

Also, it should be obvious that Bog is a very bad map for a spawn system that requires them to be out of line of sight.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 14, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
FFA is much more fun now kills are worth 100.

Runni g gardline and getting a Warden after 9 kills is good poo poo.

Heard some people talking about lowering MTU could help connections. I tried it. It felt worse for the most part.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

People said that MTU poo poo when MW3 came out as well. It doesn't work.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

People said that MTU poo poo when MW3 came out as well. It doesn't work.

Yeah it didn't do poo poo for me.

Im sure it was a nice placebo for someone though. It was worth a shot. Anything to fix some of these laggy lobbies.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

listen, what i'm slowly learning is every map is a shotgun map, and when in the right hands shotguns always work right

except when they dont work because they're inconsistent as fuuuuuuuuck shhhhh

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The only good shot gun is a hip fire SMG that auto-refills its magazine on a double kill/restores bullets from misses.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I tried a shotgun and some guy made fun of my kdr afterward

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mister Macys posted:

The only good shot gun is a hip fire SMG that auto-refills its magazine on a double kill/restores bullets from misses.

my double stacked laser FHR agrees w/ this post. is there a variant that has built in hipfire accuracy with ether of those bonuses?

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I've been using the shotgun to good success on frozen, the space station map and throwback but everything else is too wide and vertical which really sucks since I got the orange shotgun that gibs people in melee as like my first 30 key pop.

I'm pretty garbo at the game for the most part but I'm stuck on this game for a while, my PSN is EffEmmEll if any of yall wanna add me especially if you wanna play S&D.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Speaking of orange shotguns, anyone ever get the Rack-9 variant yet? I have it, but unfortunately the Rack-9 is loving high in terms of player level req's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The_Fuzzinator posted:

on a more serious note with the game. Its alot like Blops 3 was in the start. a bit buggy with what feels like it wants to be a good game. alot of things feel very close to being good but just barely missing the mark. My personal favorite weapon class is inconsistent to the point that when it works how i want, Its really loving awesome. but when it doesnt, It really is like a nail in my dick hole. As with every other cod i've played, Its exactly what i wanted, The same exact game with a new filled playerbase.

Black Ops 3 grew on me to the point I nearly got 100%. Stopped at 86%, the small PC player base and faster reactions made a lot of the challenges a pain in the rear end. The only areas it really missed the mark was Treyarch's obsession with three lanes. They can design good maps but it starts to get old.

Here the map design has limited sight lines, many entrance/exits and few open areas, low ADS speed so SMGs are top pick. Perhaps I should be thankful shotguns are too inconsistent and short ranged to be worth using. I doubt I will ever see a nuke killstreak used in IW because it's so hard to stay alive that long. There's a lot of very questionable balance on variants and rig perks and gently caress knows what we will find out when they data mine it.

• Locked thread