Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xOxXmyPD0I

Went to Costco today. Went originally just to fill up my car but decided to go in and check out the recently completed renovations. New food court and bathrooms!

Also they were handing out the holiday sales booklets at the front door so if you are looking for sicknasty deals on tvs or whatevs its pretty good.

Bought the following:
- Sliced salami
- Frozen carrots/broccoli/cauliflower mix
- beer
- fresh mozz
- packaged rotisserie chicken pieces
-MAC N CHEASE TAKE N BAKE (!!!)

Opted to skip getting a hot dog or pizza.

Tonight dinner is chicken with broccoli and mac n cheese.

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8zNsUTWsOc

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My dealer works at Costco so I go in, get great savings and get my weed at the same time.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Thanks for the awesome thread! Will be going hog wild soon!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Knives and pyramid schemes own.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Do they still have the army man eating the hot dog?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big City Drinkin posted:

Do they still have the army man eating the hot dog?

thats Sargent Chowdown

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

Chinatown posted:

thats Sargent Chowdown

Does he have PTSD?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
http://www.costco.com/180-Servings-of-Macaroni-%2526-Cheese-Storage-Bucket-with-Gamma-Lid-by-Chef%E2%80%99s-Banquet.product.100108871.html

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

how many dicks did you suck

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i sucked 4 fyi

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

You never find this in bunkers in fallout so it must be the first thing to go because its so tasty

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Welcome to Costco.

I love you.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Who goes to costco and doesn't walk out with a pizza?

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

51% if the time I usually get a big cart full of stuff see the line have second thoughts and say to myself "eh, I'll just get a tv off Amazon and get my groceries at wal mart" and walk out.

They do have a good chicken and rice thing I like and a lobster casserole of some sort I like to get as well.

Ackbar
Jul 15, 2002

they sell poke on the weekends now. the ahi tuna wasabi one is good.

naem
May 29, 2011

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE IDIOCRACY HA HA

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ackbar posted:

dont eat pokemon

naem
May 29, 2011

The trick is go with your mom so you don't need a membership and stock up on pants

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chicken melts are pretty gross, I'd stick with the pizza and hot dogs.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My dealer works at Costco so I go in, get great savings and get my weed at the same time.

drat i already cant make it out of costco without spending 100 being able to buy weed there (i assume in bulk?) would kill me

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Chinatown posted:

Opted to skip getting a hot dog or pizza.

incredibly hosed up

one of the best things at costco at least the last time i went was this korean pork jerky they had in the snack section near checkout

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
i also went to costco today and if u buy the pre cooked bacon and put it in the microwave for like 2 mins on one of those silver trays that bagel bites on it makes it perfectly crispy :frogc00l:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I signed up for the Costco Visa card not that long ago. It's pretty rad because I don't even have to pay the loving membership fee since my mom's the primary account holder.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Ackbar posted:

You should think about making your own poke, the prices they want for that poo poo is ridiculous.

One of the best deals they run on raw fish at Costco is the farm-raised salmon fillets. They are mostly sushi quality. You can make salmon poke from those fillets and save so much money. Poke is easy.

Even buying the raw tuna steaks is a better way. Anything but paying for soy sauce and green onions and poo poo at like $15 a pound or whatever.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love poke, and for a few random, magical weekends every year, our Central Florida Costco gets it, and I always buy some. The kind with tobiko and spicy mayo is our favorite.

From what I understand, it's a west coast thing, so I felt pretty lucky that we got any at all. I've never made poke before, but I totally intend to try that now. Are those raw tuna steaks safe to eat raw? They look so nice, but I wasn't sure.

David Bowie Knife
May 22, 2010

KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME
:suicide::suicide::suicide:
KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME
Our Costco is too far away, so we have to go to Sam's club.

They have a poo poo load of booze, and before they had all of that poo poo in a glass cabinet I grabbed a bottle of Lavagulin for $36. Thirty-six bucks! I grabbed that bottle like an eject handle to a fresh pregnancy.

And just like running away from your problems, things didn't go as planned. At the register that little poo poo rang up as $76.50. Turns out the price tags are two and a half feet above them, not directly beneath them.

I still bought it. Corporate America won. Just like Donny Trump.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Went to Costco today. They had great deals on tires and this cute tattooed Latina with painted eyebrows selling them. She really knew her poo poo about tires, too. Thanks, Costco.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like Costco, I am glad I joined.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

51% if the time I usually get a big cart full of stuff see the line have second thoughts and say to myself "eh, I'll just get a tv off Amazon and get my groceries at wal mart" and walk out.

They do have a good chicken and rice thing I like and a lobster casserole of some sort I like to get as well.

Lines go pretty fast but rest of the store can be a nightmare to navigate. But yeah ours is insanely loving busy nearly all the time, so I don't go as often as I'd like. Trick is to get there like before doors close at like 8pm on Wednesday or something or right when they open on a weekend.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xaris posted:

Lines go pretty fast but rest of the store can be a nightmare to navigate. But yeah ours is insanely loving busy nearly all the time, so I don't go as often as I'd like. Trick is to get there like before doors close at like 8pm on Wednesday or something or right when they open on a weekend.

Agreed. I work ten minutes from a Costco, get out of work at 8 PM, get there by 8:10, and I have the whole store to myself for a blissful 20 minutes before they close at 8:30.

Either that, or be the first person in when they open on weekends. If I can't go then, I don't go. The lines and crowds are too terrible any other times.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

- Sliced salami

i went to costco and bought this today too

it was $10 for 2 lbs that's ridiculous

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i go to costco to buy pallets of la croix

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
diapers

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

just keep in mind that the correct way to prepare salami is the Bulgarian Method

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Prude posted:

incredibly hosed up

yeah i apologize i was gonna do the move where you order the pie at checkout and completely forgot and the line outside was insane so i left. :(

Moridin920 posted:

its the low sodium version which allows me to believe its healthy or whatever :)

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love poke, and for a few random, magical weekends every year, our Central Florida Costco gets it, and I always buy some. The kind with tobiko and spicy mayo is our favorite.

From what I understand, it's a west coast thing, so I felt pretty lucky that we got any at all. I've never made poke before, but I totally intend to try that now. Are those raw tuna steaks safe to eat raw? They look so nice, but I wasn't sure.

Yes the tuna steaks are fine raw, just run a little water over the steaks and pat dry before beginning. You'll have to learn how to cut them correctly for raw applications like sushi/poke. It's pretty easy, just watch a youtube.

Getting a nice fresh tuna steak and making sashimi is one of life's more amazing simple pleasures. And again, don't hesitate to get a nice salmon fillet if you can- farm raised is fine, and it's much cheaper than tuna.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I went to Costco today too. This is what I got:

Oxiclean
Kirkland fabric softener
24 pack of Coke Zero
Bag of Kirkland Stir-Fry vegetables
Bag of Cuties Tangerines
A ham
Roast beef cold cuts
Joseph Farms four cheese sliced pack
Two rotisserie chickens
A tray of chicken and swiss rollers
Bag of torta rolls
Lactose Free Milk
Tray of eggs
Box of Spring Mix
Two pack of Quaker Oats Granola
Kirkland Trail Mix

I am very upset that I can no longer find Kirkland Fruit and Nut Medley. I could live exclusively off of that and it's gone without a trace.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

They pay me 13 bucks an hour to push carts around a parking lot and put stuff in boxes for people. That's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
my opinion on poke:

it's like a really lovely ceviche