Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone else get a weird lighting bug in Hypatia's apartment hallway on ps4? otherwise game runs solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Finished the game. Decided "Screw it" towards the end and got a whopping 28 detections because I was sick of being incredibly sneaky and still getting one or two. The ending cinematic didn't give as much closure as I would have liked.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

At this point I am pretty drat sure there is a memory leak.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen framerates this inconsistent since messing with uGridsToLoad in Skyrim. :psyduck: Look at this ~2 minute sample:

It flip-flops really badly the entire time so even if doesn't go below ~40 most of the time it's very stuttery and choppy.
Something definitely seems to be wrong with the game. I guess it's pretty typical AAA-gamedev.txt to release a broken game in this day and age though, and at least they're working on a patch. Can't wait to play the game once it works.

e: unrelated question; Is there a way to lessen/remove the vignette when in Stealth Mode? I'm the type of person who just stealths 100% of the time and while it's nice to have an indication that you're in stealth I find it pretty intrusive. I couldn't find anything in the settings but maybe I missed something?

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 13, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm sure choking out and then robbing this black market guy blind will have no bad consequences later on. Check out that loot! :buddy:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I have to say, the AI seems really loving finnicky.

Oh you've never been seen before and accidently sprinted for 2 seconds and now every guard is alerted and has spotted you somehow through two floors 4 walls and is chasing you down saying we got him! gunna get you! gently caress that. It could be because I'm playing on Hard? Is the AI really this loving finnicky on Normal too?

I don't mind being spotted quickly, but a lot of times I'm spotted even though I seem obscured by walls/posts/whatever and there's like maybe a tiny sliver that they somehow spot me far away from. Still that's a little more reasonable, it's just bullshit is instantly being "spotted" with everyone chasing after you for just stepping a little too loudly or knocking something over even when you're pretty loving far and don't even hear/see any guards near you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Digirat posted:

I'm sure choking out and then robbing this black market guy blind will have no bad consequences later on. Check out that loot! :buddy:

In mission 3 I did the sub-mission to blow a hole in the back wall of the Black Market. The Black Market lady was freaking out and so despondent that I felt really bad, reloaded and just went and bought the stuff from her. The whole time she's telling me friendly stories about her upbringing. As I left, I decided to use the heart on the character - "<x> loves this moment, the moment customers realize they've been taken and that everything <x> told them was a lie."

:argh:

Alice Liddell
Sep 14, 2004

I want to forget!
Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?
This game is super duper fun when you pick Emily and murder everyone with creepy shadow powers. Also the level design is incredible. It's too bad that the frame rates are so inconsistent and the mouse movement induces nausea. I sure hope they don't bungle up the 'fix' so I can happily finish this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerusalem posted:

In mission 3 I did the sub-mission to blow a hole in the back wall of the Black Market. The Black Market lady was freaking out and so despondent that I felt really bad, reloaded and just went and bought the stuff from her. The whole time she's telling me friendly stories about her upbringing. As I left, I decided to use the heart on the character - "<x> loves this moment, the moment customers realize they've been taken and that everything <x> told them was a lie."

:argh:

when i did that, there wasn't anyone in the shop at all for some reason? i have no idea where they went.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

when i did that, there wasn't anyone in the shop at all for some reason? i have no idea where they went.

Maybe they were standing by the wall when you came through? :ohdear:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe they were standing by the wall when you came through? :ohdear:

it wouldn't be the first time i accidentally blew someone up this play through.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Really digging the "Panama Dunwall" feel of Karnaca. Feels exactly the way it should, like it's part of the Empire but different in a lot of minor ways because of the environment.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Finally finished this excellent game despite getting the "early day" from the pre-order. Obsidian's Tyranny is amazing and completely sucked me in - if you want an absorbing well paced narrative after Dishonored 2 go check it out.

Did a full non lethal on everyone (except a few witches) but I kind of regret there isn't a harsher one for Delilah. Death is too quick for all the harm & suffering she caused and the non-lethal punishment option kind of seemed like a reward.
Oh no trapped in my fantasy dream holodeck for all eternity, woe is me. I only have unlimited everything to console myself with.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Node posted:

Having Stephen Russel as a voice actor is awesome, however I would have preferred Arkane kept Corvo as a silent protagonist. But still, this is the first time we're going to have a first person game with Russel since Thief 2. Dishonored is an amazing game, I don't see how this isn't going to be a day one purchase for me.

Also, it's being released five years to the day after Skyrim. So that obviously means Dishonored 2 is going to be like Skyrim with... whales?

Hi, me from earlier this year. Looks like we're going to have to tide ourselves over with Thief Gold and Thief 2 until Dishonored 2 isn't such a mess. I'm sorry.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Nah I jinxed it, I rarely preorder games except for when I do preordered Brink, Hellgate London, Aliens Space Marine, The Division, Arkham Knight, and Dishonored 2 whom I argued with Guy Mann that I was preordering it because there's no way it wouldn't be absolutely amazing....

(Though for real, it's decently playable fine for me :v:)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Finally finished this excellent game despite getting the "early day" from the pre-order. Obsidian's Tyranny is amazing and completely sucked me in - if you want an absorbing well paced narrative after Dishonored 2 go check it out.

I was torn between which one to buy and finally settled on Dishonored 2. I don't regret it a bit because the game owns, but I am really looking forward to getting onto Tyranny next.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

I was torn between which one to buy and finally settled on Dishonored 2. I don't regret it a bit because the game owns, but I am really looking forward to getting onto Tyranny next.

Both are amazing and there was no incorrect choice.

*strokes chin* Perhaps Tyranny had the better ending but you kind of expect that from Obsidian.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, I made it. Finished the game at 12 hours, pretty disappointed with the ending but I expected I would be once I figured out that this game's chaos system works exactly like the last one, I'm pretty sure they didn't make any significant changes to it at all. Great game! I am excited to replay it as Emily and eventually do a low chaos playthrough.

edit: Also agreeing with the person who said the final non-lethal option sucked because it did the exact opposite of what they wanted it to do. To young aspiring Dishonored 2 players, my non-spoiler advice would be: Think carefully about the effects of your choices in the game's final level before you make them.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 13, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Digirat posted:

At this point I am pretty drat sure there is a memory leak.

Yeah I'm leaning that way too, had a bunch of weird constant hitches after playing for a while. Holding my move forward button during them would cause me to autowalk forward until I clicked it a few times, too.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I actually bought Emily's Pull Enemy ability by accident, but it's become my favorite to the point of making me abandon stealth and go full assault. It lets you completely circumvent the swordfighting system (which I'm garbage at) and lets you take our squads of dudes by yanking them over one by one and either catching and choking them out or (if you're confident they'll survive hitting the ground) not catching them and then quickly kicking them in the face. It's even better if you're going lethal (which I'm not this time around), because stabbing some in midair is a cutscene-kill, meaning you can just yank'n'shank as many dudes as you want in very rapid succession. It doesn't work on witches but that's what shadow form is for :)

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
In mission 5, how do I knockout Ashworth at her desk without attracting the attention of the two gravehounds?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ragingsheep posted:

In mission 5, how do I knockout Ashworth at her desk without attracting the attention of the two gravehounds?

I did it by tossing something, which makes her stand up and start wandering around. v:v:v

You might wanna quicksave first.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Ragingsheep posted:

You don't have to do it that way if you're non lethal. grab the lenses from the office/lab upstairs, install it in the Oraculam and pull the lever. She loses her Void connection and you complete the quest without getting close.

Lol by one sec
V

Noirex fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Nov 13, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ragingsheep posted:

Going the non-lethal route on there requires a bit more finesse. You gotta find the paper about the lenses for the Ocular device, then find the lenses (they're in her office, IIRC), then sabotage the device. You don't need to actually engage her or the dogs at all, once the device is sabotaged and you flip the switch she gets teleported to there.

edit: drat you Noirex :argh:

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Edit: Ignore!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Speaking of that mission. I have a quicksave with no fatalities before I commit the non-lethal, but after I do there's 1 fatality in stats. Any clues as to which witch is ditched?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

GotLag posted:

Speaking of that mission. I have a quicksave with no fatalities before I commit the non-lethal, but after I do there's 1 fatality in stats. Any clues as to which witch is ditched?

Apparently its random but if you find the witch(es) who are dead, reload and then shoot them with a sleeping arrow.

Noirex posted:

You don't have to do it that way if you're non lethal. grab the lenses from the office/lab upstairs, install it in the Oraculam and pull the lever. She loses her Void connection and you complete the quest without getting close.

Lol by one sec
V

Cool, I thought you needed to physically bring her to the device

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

GotLag posted:

I killed a bunch of those dogs and they all showed up as fatalities. That might be it?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My biggest disappointment seems to be that there's no Boyle Mansion equivalent.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 13, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That's an unfortunate typo.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Sounds like Chris Rock describing his least favourite child.

Ragingsheep posted:

Apparently its random but if you find the witch(es) who are dead, reload and then shoot them with a sleeping arrow.

I've looked and looked, will keep on looking :(

Party Plane Jones posted:

I killed a bunch of those dogs and they all showed up as fatalities. That might be it?

I tested that, zero fatalities before and after sniping a dog skull. Also didn't count killing wolfhounds on other stages.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

edit: WOOPS

edit: i've had kills happen before because of a physics bug out having the ground kill somebody for no good reason. if you're determined to get the no kills achievement you should be checking unconscious dudes and quicksaving a lot.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was bored on the ship so I chucked an empty bottle at Hypatia. She was immediately knocked unconscious, and collapsed...headfirst into a crate of glass bottles.

She died.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm playing Emily as High Chaos but I still like sparing lives when possible. Therefore I just stay stealthy until somebody sees me at which point it's not unusual for a half dozen or so guards to end up sans-legs.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Xaris posted:

Is the AI really this loving finnicky on Normal too?

Yes.

Honestly, just play loud/lethal. They really hosed up the stealth mechanics in this, it's an exercise in pure frustration trying a ghost run.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i haven't had any kind of frustration with trying to be stealthy at all. the guards are pretty annoying when they go on a higher alert but the game has been very consistent about what sets them off like that and it's also really easy to lower their alert level with the doppelganger power

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

You get spotted quick but 90 percent of the time you can single blink up a level and break line of sight and slither away. Would be super annoying if you were trying to ghost though.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
gently caress it I'll just continue with my run and use the achievement unlocker. I've found every witch I know of, they're all sleeping soundly. Still I get one fatality.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have 9/10 runes found on level 2 and the heart isn't detecting anything else. Where is it? Is the one for sale separate than the one you can steal from the black market? Because certain, conditions, currently prevent me from buying anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those conditions are "I strangled a man."

• Locked thread