Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yew is Dean Venture as a RPG protagonist and I will forgive a lot of his flaws for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i never once argued it wasn't a full game. not really sure what to say. sure, you got me on funding, which i had assumed was greater? doesn't really change any argument about the game that doesn't need a sequel.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'll agree with h.h that Bravely Second just wasn't as interesting as the first game. Some of the dialog is cheeky but part of what I enjoyed about Bravely Default was the world-building and how much it bounced between incredibly dark and kinda silly, and how each world iteration gives you more insight into the characters who came off cartoonishly evil initially (granted, I know that a lot of that was from the second version of the game). I'm not going to defend the Chapter 5-7 thing everyone hates about Bravely but I will say that in retrospect, I still remember the game very fondly and I'm glad I soldiered through it while Bravely Second just doesn't hold up as well in memory. Beyond story, a big part of that is it just didn't bring much new stuff to the table gameplay-wise and the asterisk holders just weren't as well-written. Despite all this, it's not a bad game by any means and I'd give a third game a shot.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Just a brief warning that this whole thing is spoiler heavy for Undertale if anyone cares about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfbEv8Jt9zA

Interesting little Undertale fan game coming out for free at some point. Quality wise, animation and design looks bang on. As for writing, well this is attached to a popular fan comic and animation which you can check out linked in the video. All in all though it's looking like it might be neat.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can't wait for the fanatic Undertale fans to come crawling out of the woodwork like when the original game first came out. That was fun.

All this Bravely Default talk has reminded me that I never beat the first game. I got to the fifth chapter or so and got kinda tired of grinding every job out. Is there a foolproof job combination for the party that I can just coast through the rest of the game with?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaggitz posted:

Yeah that voice actor nailed it. As did most of the cast.

I don't know how he can appreciate beauty when he's busy chewing on the scenery. He really did nail being a pompous self-delusional nutter.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I found Bravely Second an improvement over the original in most respects, especially the ones most in need of improvement, and I hope that this new thing is a continuation rather than a weird detour into crappy mobile shovelware.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I found Bravely Second an improvement over the original in most respects, especially the ones most in need of improvement, and I hope that this new thing is a continuation rather than a weird detour into crappy mobile shovelware.

I mentioned it before but this isn't the first Bravely mobile game. There was Bravely Default: Praying Brage and Bravely Archive: D's Report before this.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Plus a browser game unless it was one of those you mentioned.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Plus a browser game unless it was one of those you mentioned.

The first one is a browser game, yeah. Sorry, I mentally consign browser and mobile games to the same place.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Question for Act 2 of CS2: Is there a guide anywhere for where/how to unlock the custom paint schemes for the Orbal Bike? Also, just out of curiosity, how exactly do you get to customize Valimar? Different paint schemes for him too? Swords?

edit: Oh good lord, CSII is now infinitely better than CS1; Treasure Chest messages are back :swoon:. Try opening a Trial Chest while missing a party member.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 12, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also, just out of curiosity, how exactly do you get to customize Valimar? Different paint schemes for him too? Swords?

Mild stat boosts. One of the reasons why the game shits out U-Materials at you this time around.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stelas posted:

Mild stat boosts. One of the reasons why the game shits out U-Materials at you this time around.

I did wonder about that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
One thing I find annoying about a lot of RPGs is how exclusive the fans can be, to the extent that they don't pay attention to what you actually are telling them. When I played Suikoden 5 I had only played 4 before which has a final boss that isn't in the standard series pattern apparently for some reason, and was unprepared for the final boss of 5 to be magcial in nature. When I griped about that after spending a lot of money of the high physical resist equipment and being unable to win, I was told that I should have known that Suikoden's almost always have magical final bosses. Well Excuse me for being new to the series rear end in a top hat!

Also I played DDS2 after DDS and wound up stuck at the stealth dungeon with the gatekeeper. Couldn't get past that puzzle at all.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i played vexx in 2016 too, where can i get my red text

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Question for Act 2 of CS2: Is there a guide anywhere for where/how to unlock the custom paint schemes for the Orbal Bike? Also, just out of curiosity, how exactly do you get to customize Valimar? Different paint schemes for him too? Swords?

This guide and the matching trophy guide will have everything you'll ever need. There are four bike colors you can pick up after each story mission in Act 2:

--After you liberate Twin Dragons Bridge, head up to the command room and check the bookshelf for Hot Coloring(it's red).
--After you liberate Roer, one of the bookshelves in the Reinfords' study will have Dark Coloring(dark grey).
--After you liberate Bareahard, the bookshelf in Jusis' room will have Windy Coloring(lime green).
--After you liberate Trista, a bookshelf in Gordon, Amelia, Emile, and Annie's house up near the church and the dorms will have Fiery Coloring(blue with flames).

Becky and Colette will have a few others for sale once you've recruited them.

There are no colors for Valimar, I'm sorry to say. He's the Ashen Knight. They didn't have time to record all the possible voice lines like "HEED MY CALL...VALIMAR, THE KNIGHT WITH A PICTURE OF A TINY LAURA ON IT"

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 13, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What I want to know is why, pray, I can't mount a colossal Ride-Along Bunny on Valimar's shoulder? :colbert:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What I want to know is why, pray, I can't mount a colossal Ride-Along Bunny on Valimar's shoulder? :colbert:

only a bunny of Zemurian Ore could match the power of Crow's fish burgers

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm playing the FFXV demo intro if anyone wants to see.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
There has been one (1) line of dialogue in all I've played that I could skip. There wasn't an obvious way to skip entire cutscenes but I didn't really look. No, this isn't Star Ocean 5.

I also don't really understand the car, like
  • why you're required to drive it yourself at night
  • why fast traveling instead of riding with Ignis costs money, the only benefit is literally my actual time
  • why there's a gassing up system

Combat was all right? I'm not very good at many things about it.

It just seems too big, physically, and driving is kind of a pain. It may simply have been to the demo's great disadvantage that chocobos are locked in it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Caphi posted:

I also don't really understand the car, like
  • why you're required to drive it yourself at night
  • why fast traveling instead of riding with Ignis costs money, the only benefit is literally my actual time

Ignis is smart and knows driving at night is a bad idea. He won't stop you from doing it, but the responsibility is on you.

Time is usually traded for money.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Caphi posted:

I suspect if you brought this up with the people who made the game they'd say something about the experience of being on a road trip.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

There also may eventually be nothing else to spend money on? At least, that's how I felt with ffX and blitzball/bribery.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
buy gas now through the dlc menu

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I bet there's a way to upgrade to a clean crystal powered car

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Turns out gas is cheap and I was wrong about line skipping. Game is okay. It's still a little too big to move around on foot. Mobility is, really, probably my biggest complaint in general, because there are weird rules around what you can and can't do with the Regalia and when. Maybe this is addressed by chocobos but it's also weird that chocobo stations are in the demo and locked.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm guessing it's a budget thing or whatever, but I'm kinda sad there isn't like a Deluxe or Collector's Edition of either Trails of Cold Steel game with a physical BLADE deck. It's a neat little card game, and refreshing for being a time-killing playing-card game instead of some over-gimmicky collectable card game.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

BioEnchanted posted:

One thing I find annoying about a lot of RPGs is how exclusive the fans can be, to the extent that they don't pay attention to what you actually are telling them. When I played Suikoden 5 I had only played 4 before which has a final boss that isn't in the standard series pattern apparently for some reason, and was unprepared for the final boss of 5 to be magcial in nature. When I griped about that after spending a lot of money of the high physical resist equipment and being unable to win, I was told that I should have known that Suikoden's almost always have magical final bosses. Well Excuse me for being new to the series rear end in a top hat!

Also I played DDS2 after DDS and wound up stuck at the stealth dungeon with the gatekeeper. Couldn't get past that puzzle at all.

There are fans of everything like that.

I am more surprised you started with Suiko4 and decided "I definitely need more of this"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Hackan Slash posted:

There are fans of everything like that.

I am more surprised you started with Suiko4 and decided "I definitely need more of this"

Not the series's fault that a game is subpar (It was alright, wouldn't say bad). It'd be like playing Wand of Gamelon and responding with "Why even bother with Wind Waker, that one game was crap!"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just started playing LISA and I have no idea what's going on. Is it normal to feel like I'm wandering completely at random and murdering everyone I run into? Kinda fits with the aesthetic in general. Don't spoil anything, but if there's some kinda hint mechanism I'm missing, feel free.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just started playing LISA and I have no idea what's going on. Is it normal to feel like I'm wandering completely at random and murdering everyone I run into? Kinda fits with the aesthetic in general. Don't spoil anything, but if there's some kinda hint mechanism I'm missing, feel free.

The game is for the most part structured around central hubs with access to several different sub-areas you need to explore in order to find the means to advance to the next hub, so there's only so far you can wander by accident.

But yeah, exploring and discovering what kind of amazing/horrifying things you'll find (and usually murder) behind each doorway is what the game is largely about.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, I'm sort of wandering around, found a generator and made some firebombs and was gonna chat with the guy who wanted firebombs.

There was a one-panel-wide gap between some cliffs and some dude called me too fat to jump it :(

(game is really good in its own way - wondering how different combat will get as I get more dudes)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It's great and all that there's two Vikis in Suikoden 3, but I was still pretty sad the she seemed to have no more dialogue than previously (that is, none aside from her introduction and incidental talk). But then! I discovered plays! This is amazing, Viki is the best in every role. Whoever came up with this feature is a genius.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

meruru plus new game plus question, does the gear for each character carry over or just meruru lias and keia? people just keep mentioning those three cause you start with them, but i have time and no real chance to accomplish much so i wouldnt mind using it to outfit everyone

also to double check, just development upgrade items and gear carry over right

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Screenshots and video of Bravely Default Mobile game

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/bravely-default-fairys-effect-first-gameplay-screenshots

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Looks neat.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh my is that a skill grid? Hmm. This game is piquing my interest.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I see a job gacha. Whether a mobage is decent or trash is generally dependent on how player friendly (or unfriendly) the gacha is, so we'll have to wait and see.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Personally I can't wait for FE gacha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

HGH posted:

Personally I can't wait for FE gacha.

The thought of people spending hundreds of dollars to pull 5-star weapons that break in 20 uses is amazing and horrifying