Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
What is included in the updates that are downloaded at the main game menu? I don't mean the title updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What is included in the updates that are downloaded at the main game menu? I don't mean the title updates.

Bunch of poo poo in space zombies

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Nano shot

N a n o S h o t

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Carecat posted:

I doubt I will ever see a nuke killstreak used in IW because it's so hard to stay alive that long.

for what its worth someone put a nuke on us day 1 of the beta, maybe my third game in

haven't seen one since, though. to be honest I think it has a lot more to do with the fact that you're somewhat handicapping yourself by using a nuke-capable gun that doesn't have a boost in another area than it does with people not being able to run 25 kills straight

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Goons might have more chances to get one if they played other game modes besides TDM.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think I'm comfortable enough with all the maps to play other poo poo now. Except the Geneva hotel map. It's poo poo all the time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm glad they IW finally got around to adopting Treyarch's 'loadout selection for campaign' stuff. I'm also glad that they adopted the 'tons of ancillary documents to read' from BO1/3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Mister Macys posted:

IW is easily the grayest and brownest video game in recent memory, even by CoD standards.

It's pretty bad in that regard but it's not anywhere near Ghosts. That game had the worst color palette of any game I think I've played since the PSX era.

Ghosts felt as if Infinity Ward saw people calling CoD games 'brown and grey' and got upset and overreacted, like oh yeah? You think MW2 is 'brown n' bloom', xXCapn_Pri$eXx? You think MW3 is '2gray4me', b0n3rL0rD? Huh? You guys wanna see loving gray and brown, you've got it, gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's pretty bad in that regard but it's not anywhere near Ghosts. That game had the worst color palette of any game I think I've played since the PSX era.

Ghosts felt as if Infinity Ward saw people calling CoD games 'brown and grey' and got upset and overreacted, like oh yeah? You think MW2 is 'brown n' bloom', xXCapn_Pri$eXx? You think MW3 is '2gray4me', b0n3rL0rD? Huh? You guys wanna see loving gray and brown, you've got it, gently caress YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I want a CoD that's ultra contrast. Or at least saturated contrast.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
http://imgur.com/a/sNi1b

Some guns from other COD games were left in the MWR game files, some of the guns associated with the word "LOOT". So be prepared to spend some COD Bit coins on some randomized supply drop weapons in your MWR. :shrug:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4uXvW7A5Co

TL;DR the NV4 flatline is about 50 RPM slower firing despite having the same fire rate stat.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That seems like a fair trade-off for infinite range.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
At work, let me know if he has a vid for the vampire RPR SMG.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Wazzit posted:

http://imgur.com/a/sNi1b

Some guns from other COD games were left in the MWR game files, some of the guns associated with the word "LOOT". So be prepared to spend some COD Bit coins on some randomized supply drop weapons in your MWR. :shrug:

There were a few guns cut from CoD4 that they might bring in. The LAW, MAC-10, AW-50, etc. And the Brick Blaster which as I recall was just a pistol that launched bricks. I think it was used to test the physics of random objects in the game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How the heck am I supposed to kill 3 people with a single Bull Charge? I'm almost done with Merc's challenges and I haven't put a dent into that one. Plus I gotta do it ten times.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I'm finally getting into IW. The netcode is still a loving poo poo show, but I've got a build I like now:

Attack Attack Attack
Synaptic - Rewind - Propulsion
ERAD Reckoning (Jackpot) + Quickdraw/Stock
Overclock - Hardline & Cold Blooded - Gung Ho & Dead Silence
Personal Radar
UAV - CUAV - Whatever (Adv. UAV)

A run and gun Info War class that gives you a full heal and ammo refill every... I dunno, 20 or 30 seconds, and/or saves your rear end. It's fast, believe me. CUAV so you don't need Ghost, and Cold Blooded to stop Personal Radar. With Jackpot and Hardline, it's all about ramping up those early streaks as fast as possible. Alternately, use a gun with Gambler like the Type-2 Enforcer, and sub out Gung Ho for attachments.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 15, 2016

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Attack Attack Attack

[extremely nerd voice] You need to attack more than once? You should work on that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Pretty sure you've heard me yelling about hitting three times with the BRM within its lethal range, and opponents still living through it. :ironicat:

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Mister Macys posted:

Pretty sure you've heard me yelling about hitting three times with the BRM within its lethal range, and opponents still living through it. :ironicat:

I-it's one of the dialogues you got if Ruin and Spectre were the first two players to spawn in

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yes, I know. The joke is that my internet is so bad, three times isn't enough.

Also, Claudia Christian is voicing a black woman (Sabre Team Seven intro lady)?

Activision couldn't hire a black actress, Kotick donated to Trump, and Mars is the bad guy? For fucks sake..

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Praise jebus, I'm done with the loving SA3 and P-LAW. Spending some matches just running and gunning felt real good.

http://i.imgur.com/8oGL8vl.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/zDAkq0z.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/2HFfYrV.mp4

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
holy hell if you just prestiged and want to climb back up to mid 20s ASAP FFA levels you hilariously quick

also it helps when your hip fire only smg gives a 10% bonus to your score :getin:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://imgur.com/a/WkuRo

Weapon stats from the official guide.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

holy hell if you just prestiged and want to climb back up to mid 20s ASAP FFA levels you hilariously quick

also it helps when your hip fire only smg gives a 10% bonus to your score :getin:

Huh. Good to know. I was wondering what the powerhouse xp mode was this time around.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Carecat posted:

are they colorblind or something

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Carecat posted:

Please tell me what the units mean. I'm assuming feet right now.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Carecat posted:

While it's not quite spreadsheets, it lines up pretty closely with my impressions and it confirms that ARs are the way to go in this game for me. Maybe I'll make a chart or two later tonight.

E:

widespread posted:

Please tell me what the units mean. I'm assuming feet right now.

Stated units are inches like they've always been.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No way that's feet. It's gotta be inches.

Beaten, like my connection in IW...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Use meters like the rest of the civilized world, you idiots.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Use meters like the rest of the civilized world, you idiots.

If it helps, imagine 250 inches being about 6 or so meters.

For reference, putting the RPR Evo into AR mode gives it a 40 meter 3-shot range, assuming Rifled Barrel. Though in practice, it really does boil down to connection and tactics and whatnot.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

600" = 50' = 15m

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If you own BO3 and you preordered IW, you can launch BO3 get 1k codbux, launch IW and buy 5 crates to get three emblems a dupe common and a reticle. GET ON IT.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I've now gotten the NV4 Vigilance three times and the Fallout twice :shobon:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

victrix posted:

If you own BO3 and you preordered IW, you can launch BO3 get 1k codbux, launch IW and buy 5 crates to get three emblems a dupe common and a reticle. GET ON IT.

I uninstalled it :negative:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'm going to guess that you had to preorder it digitally.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
New sniper spotted

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I levelled up sabre team 7 to max and got the akimbo hvr. It's devastating and ammo hungry and makes pubbies mad at you for your loot luck. Even though it's not a drop.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I am a dirty spender. I dropped a twenty spot on this.

But I did get the epic KBS Longboner variant. Which might not even be good.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

New sniper spotted

Its fake.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/798662958695915520

• Locked thread