Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chunky Monkey posted:

I think it's at the 30 min mark (5 mins out), along with an Abrams, some Bradleys, and some Hummers with Stingers. We still need to decide who owns those.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still need to decide if the new Ukranian reinforcements will go to 1st Co's position or not. I'm pretty sure Acebuckeye and Baccaruda bickering over this (or not!) while dtkozl helplessly tries to moderate is part of the scenario. Or maybe it all gets settled instantly and without drama idk trump is my president and life is loving weird as hell lately.

Also, I think we have enough going on this turn without sweating it too much, but we should probably start moseying those trucks over to the exit point. Who should also probably have designated commanders if they don't already. I volunteer unless someone else has ideas, with the caveat that the last time I commanded a cargo truck in forums CM I drove my entire command element and MGs into a mine that was east-jesus in the middle of loving nowhere for no explicable reason. I am NOT saying we should be beelining toward it when we just shot up a BTR coming down that road!!! I'm saying we should beef it out securing that exit right now while the convoy moves through ground we've secured because right now it looks like the plan is

--secure the exit
--sit on our fuckin' thumbs for 40 Actual Minutes while unarmored trucks dertle slowly to the exit from spawn praying to a God who does not exist that the russians do absolutely nothing to ruin our now insanely delicate and vulnerable plan

Please keep in mind: after 30 minutes we have no more tricks to play. Once those Bradleys get spotted and the F-15 comes out, that's it. We got no more surprises in us.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I've been moving the trucks constantly but slowly behind the bulk of your westernmost forces for exactly that reason :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Willie Tomg posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still need to decide if the new Ukranian reinforcements will go to 1st Co's position or not. I'm pretty sure Acebuckeye and Baccaruda bickering over this (or not!) while dtkozl helplessly tries to moderate is part of the scenario. Or maybe it all gets settled instantly and without drama idk trump is my president and life is loving weird as hell lately.

Also, I think we have enough going on this turn without sweating it too much, but we should probably start moseying those trucks over to the exit point. Who should also probably have designated commanders if they don't already. I volunteer unless someone else has ideas, with the caveat that the last time I commanded a cargo truck in forums CM I drove my entire command element and MGs into a mine that was east-jesus in the middle of loving nowhere for no explicable reason. I am NOT saying we should be beelining toward it when we just shot up a BTR coming down that road!!! I'm saying we should beef it out securing that exit right now while the convoy moves through ground we've secured because right now it looks like the plan is

--secure the exit
--sit on our fuckin' thumbs for 40 Actual Minutes while unarmored trucks dertle slowly to the exit from spawn praying to a God who does not exist that the russians do absolutely nothing to ruin our now insanely delicate and vulnerable plan

Please keep in mind: after 30 minutes we have no more tricks to play. Once those Bradleys get spotted and the F-15 comes out, that's it. We got no more surprises in us.

Once the new turn goes up, so long as things don't completely poo poo the fan I'll write up a proposal to divert 3rd Company to assist 1st Company in taking the hill.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You know what's really scary? We killed that one btr while it was on the road the trucks need to use. We may need to divert them through the mud.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ikasuhito posted:

You know what's really scary? We killed that one btr while it was on the road the trucks need to use. We may need to divert them through the mud.

God if this loses us the scenario then HAIL TRUMP

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ETFcyn9r0

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/glrqslrjcv5xe65/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2027%20NATO%20Replay%20.bts?dl=0

Next orders Thursday at 18:00

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
gently caress, well, that's bad.

Serious talk, we are not balanced to pivot to handle armor on the west map edge. Maybe we should consider retasking the second Apache to sweep that area rather than looking for contacts in the deep woods. I'm not sure how else we're gonna kill armor on overwatch. I might get eyes on 'em in the next two minutes, but it's more likely to be 4, not that it matters for the call-in.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
As you can see bacarruda you need to move those ATGMs up to where Marauder is positioned. We have tanks facing off across him and the only thing that is going to kill them is ATGMs. You need to tighten up your company, your first priority is clearing the way to the exit, the second is supporting A co. Marauder don't try and cover too much ground. See if you can id those enemies with scout teams but I don't want to see indivudual squads picked off by straying hundreds of meters away from the rest of the platoon.

1st Company stop moving forward, create a defensive line, and make sure your guys are in command range of your HQ. As you can see from willie's lone squad getting hosed up, isolated squads do not perform well! Brakeless just remain where you are, any movement is suicide at this point. You are probably going to die anyway but at least you will take a couple guys out.

Half of that fire is BTRs moving up, so get your own god drat vehicles in the fight and get those loving tanks up there!

3rd company will continue to the western map edge. It is too late to divert to save 1st company and our objective remains in the west. We MUST secure the exit zone. All other objectives are secondary. I am in control of 3rd company. Maybe we can divert that btr filled with machine guns up there, the machine gun is a defensive animal. What about throwing our f-15 at them, or is that throwing more assets after failure?

As for 1st Company, it is bad but we have 1/2 our heavy weapons moving up there and two tanks, if we cannot hold it with that, 1 platoon of ukranian troops and some ATGMs arriving in 10-15 minutes are not going to do the job either.

A company learn something from the mess 1st company is in, get your strikers up into positions where they can support the rest of your men, right now you are leaving them far, far behind. pthighs get your god drat commander in a position to call in mortars! (after he is done calling in the apache, I understand, though can they move AND call in the apache?)

edit: Bulat there is the fire light command where you can area fire your machine guns and thereby not waste HE. It is a good option to spray that tiny patch of woods.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 15, 2016

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

dtkozl posted:

A company learn something from the mess 1st company is in, get your strikers up into positions where they can support the rest of your men, right now you are leaving them far, far behind. pthighs get your god drat commander in a position to call in mortars! (after he is done calling in the apache, I understand, though can they move AND call in the apache?)

Where do you want mortars called in to? We can use our UAV to spot as well, and have FOs on each platoon that can call it in fast. So we can do it anywhere, just tell me where you want it. Also, we could use our UAV to scout for the armor on the western edge of the map.

I've been keeping the Strykers back because we are deep in the woods and I don't want them to get bogged.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

pthighs posted:

Where do you want mortars called in to? We can use our UAV to spot as well, and have FOs on each platoon that can call it in fast. So we can do it anywhere, just tell me where you want it. Also, we could use our UAV to scout for the armor on the western edge of the map.

I've been keeping the Strykers back because we are deep in the woods and I don't want them to get bogged.

Yeah, I understand the danger of bogging I mean more just start moving that line of them you have spreading 400 meters east and get them within striking distance of the troops. You also might want to move a bunch of them to where the tanks are since A) obviously no anti tank there B) less chance of bogging and C) the tanks can gently caress off if they need to and you still have that portion of the field covered.

As for the mortars again I'm not saying now since it looks like you took out everything in the immediate area so I can't see any good targets. I'd just like you to be in a position to be able to call it in within a turns notice and not have to again drive half a klik, dismount, etc.

Things are a little strange right now. The attack on 1 Co, while strong, is not CRAZY. They are filling out infantry numbers with BTRs and so far no tanks. 1 Co is a little ball right now (Ace unfuck that please, the blob is not a good formation. Have the forward elements stay put and organize as much of a line as you can get with guys within HQ range. So roughly ~50 meters between squads. I understand that won't cover the entirety of the woods, we will have to make up for that somehow with additional elements.) and once that gets straightened out I expect them to hold but not everything. Whether they can break a line of tanks, btrs and grenade launchers I doubt with the forces we have seen so far.

So where are they?

The force you dispatched in Fist seems to be just a scouting element. Our tank died to enemy armor, which is a huge worry but that looked to be a shot from something sitting still, moving armor would have generated some form of contact by Marauders' forces. Right now we have not seen their main effort, so while we secure the exit the best we can do now is be vigilant. It is coming somewhere but I can't tell where. It could be either 3 vectors and I can make up arguments in my head for all of them, but they are all pure speculation.

So right now keep doing what you are doing but I'd like for you to be ready to speed up the road to help out 1 Co if we need it. My GLs are moving fine so you look to be able to do so unobstructed. I don't want you to pull anyone back, mind, just don't get things so spread out and into Fist that you can't break off a small force within a turn, load, and get moving.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Okay, good to know. My thought was to move up and help out 2nd Company, but if you think supporting 1st Company is more important I can focus on that.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

pthighs posted:

Okay, good to know. My thought was to move up and help out 2nd Company, but if you think supporting 1st Company is more important I can focus on that.

Well I'd say outside of moving the transports up to help somebody, pump the brakes a bit. We don't even know what 2nd company is facing, whether it's 1 tank or an entire company. I think at this point it would probably be quicker for 3 Co to help 2nd and you to help 1 Co, but then in another turn it might be you who needs help. Do you have the UAV up already? That might tell us which way to lean. But we also might want to save it so we can use the F 15? Or we could use to call in mortars on those russian inf to the south of 1 Co. That might be a really good idea.

Right now in terms of real orders I'm going to put the pedal down and quick march 3 Co infantry and ATGMs over to Marauder's position and throw that BTR filled with machine gun teams up towards 1 Co. I'm going to try and check the infantry moving over Willie's corpses with those grenade launcher teams, tanks, RRs, and BTRs but if we can't we will need you. Hopefully though things will work out and we won't need you. I'd like to leave the americans as untouched for as long as possible because your dudes are probably stronger than 2 companies combined of UKR or RUS.

edit: also wary about moving while our own chopper is up due to FF concerns.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 15, 2016

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Yeah, I noticed in the video that our incoming chopper is going to have some friendlies in its zone. We may want to retask it somewhere else (maybe the west), but that will take quite a few minutes.

Our UAV is up, and I believe about to come online adjusting to the area where 1st Co. is under attack. They don't seem to have anything that can stop it at the moment (unless they get a Tunguska in reinforcements), so it
should stay up and we can keep using it for awhile.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
SKULLS TO KHORNE BROTHERS! TO DIE IS TO LIVE ETERNAL!!! I really thought that squad would've made it to tree cover by now. Oh well. They were inept. I'm glad they're dead, really.

so in no particular order:

--that was a dirty-as-poo poo diagonal shot (i.e. it went through half again as much frontal armor as it needed to) on the OPLOT that cleanly penetrated through and through. I THINK WE FOUND A T-90 BOYOS! I can't think of anything else that fires sabot rounds that big and fast. Its a lovely loss but I'd rather lose the OPLOT than the cargo trucks weird as that sounds.
--right now I can't think of much as an objective but to sit in a forest that's clearly getting swept by russians and try to take two of them for every one of me. I don't know how much good this is going to do but that's all I can think of right now. Please correct me if this is inaccurate.

dtkozl posted:

1st Company stop moving forward, create a defensive line, and make sure your guys are in command range of your HQ. As you can see from willie's lone squad getting hosed up, isolated squads do not perform well! Brakeless just remain where you are, any movement is suicide at this point. You are probably going to die anyway but at least you will take a couple guys out.

Half of that fire is BTRs moving up, so get your own god drat vehicles in the fight and get those loving tanks up there!

As for 1st Company, it is bad but we have 1/2 our heavy weapons moving up there and two tanks, if we cannot hold it with that, 1 platoon of ukranian troops and some ATGMs arriving in 10-15 minutes are not going to do the job either.

edit: Bulat there is the fire light command where you can area fire your machine guns and thereby not waste HE. It is a good option to spray that tiny patch of woods.

I agree with all of this and am very glad you're leading. :)

dtkozl posted:

Things are a little strange right now. The attack on 1 Co, while strong, is not CRAZY. They are filling out infantry numbers with BTRs and so far no tanks. 1 Co is a little ball right now (Ace unfuck that please, the blob is not a good formation. Have the forward elements stay put and organize as much of a line as you can get with guys within HQ range. So roughly ~50 meters between squads. I understand that won't cover the entirety of the woods, we will have to make up for that somehow with additional elements.) and once that gets straightened out I expect them to hold but not everything. Whether they can break a line of tanks, btrs and grenade launchers I doubt with the forces we have seen so far.

So where are they?

Near as I can tell we're dealing with a spoiling attack as they cover the road to Krovolets which makes no loving sense to me whatsoever because if they just Hardened The gently caress Up and toughed out a single TOW volley we really don't have much to keep them from blitzing us down the middle and making GBS threads on our faces.

Unless there's a fuckoff huge attack coming down the far far far western flank I really have no earthly notion what their plan is. Unless a lot of tanks in Field of Dreams was their plan. In which case: lmao

dtkozl posted:

Right now in terms of real orders I'm going to put the pedal down and quick march 3 Co infantry and ATGMs over to Marauder's position and throw that BTR filled with machine gun teams up towards 1 Co. I'm going to try and check the infantry moving over Willie's corpses with those grenade launcher teams, tanks, RRs, and BTRs but if we can't we will need you.

I would further request AGLs on the treeline immediatey north of that treeline. And then after that the treeline that my troops are currently occupying. I will be very dissapointed if those mark19's have ammo left at the end of this, is what i'm saying, here. The Ukrainians are being murdered wholesale! AND TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME, BROTHER!!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

RIP my tank. Remember that situation I mentioned about having armor over there? Well, it happened and we're in the poo poo now. Chunky I suggest you back your tank off ASAP because it will just get hosed up like mine did.

Edit: Willie be thankful but that was a garbage-tier T64 that got lit, not the Oplot.

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 16, 2016

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Random thoughts:

I assume that was my T-64BV that died?
Also, exactly how hosed is 1Co? I don't really want to send the Abrams up there with it looking like that, and I'm considering pulling out the Bulat if it's just going to get rushed by infantry that probably can kill it with RPG's.

On the topic of the reinforcements, the Abrams should probably fall under armored command, the Bradley's are a tossup, and the Stryker teams can probably go with the weapons team.

Thoughts on the weapons platoon and the mortar teams. At some point both those groups are probably going to want to get a move on to the exit (you don't want to leave our mortar dudes to fight Putin alone do you?).

Last, at the moment it looks like we are going to have a tough time holding the amount of ground we are currently covering. I think we need to try to consolidate closer to the exit so we can better concentrate our firepower. Once this turn's reinforcements arrive, we are waiting on nothing else from the front, so there is no sense trying to hold the line any longer than is needed to get those trucks through. Once the trucks are out we can get the hell outta dodge.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

No, it was mine that ate it. Yours is just slightly further back.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dtkozl I've got my tanks in a pretty good position to make sure the Russians can't re-take FoD but I'm unable to support 1co from here. I'm concerned if I push up any further I'm going to run them into that other T90 and get killed.

How aggressive do you want me to be here?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Well let's get Chunky up there first. Chunky move that one tank up to where the trees sort of squeeze the road and no further. I'll get my GLs set up and we will screen any further movement of your tanks with 1 Cos BTRs.

Ignore the yellow stuff for now, that is going to be orders for my units. We will push the BTRs beyond your tank and my stuff and they will make sure any advance from that, if needed, will be clear.

Oldest I think you are fine as you are for now, powering over a blind ridge with just 2 tanks is too dangerous.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 16, 2016

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Chunky Monkey posted:

Also, exactly how hosed is 1Co?

setting aside the rest of this completely valid question: 1st Co is the only thing keeping all that rear end eating at us currently from sitting on your face in good order. It is to your great benefit to keep it sitting on us for as long as possible.

The Oldest Man posted:

Edit: Willie be thankful but that was a garbage-tier T64 that got lit, not the Oplot.

I am thankful, in fact. Thank you for correcting me. Thank you Russians for broadcasting your T-90 cover so brazenly. Because, again, that's the only thing that could penetrate that tank so cleanly.

I've been playing boardgames so I'm in a Certain State Of Mind but: the only thing that really counters emplaced T-90s is:

--ATGMs which are all currently committed
--Abramseseses.

Hey abrams commanders! You wanted a mission-critical assignment, right? I respectfully propose one for you, medium-term. It's to kill the T90s guarding the exit. TIA

I still think we should fastly move the trucks. Like: take the initiative and move Quick at least and not Move by default like GI is almost certainly doing.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
We need infantry with good optics to get eyes on that T-90 (or whatever) in the west first. Once we see it from afar we can find the best way to kill it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

Here's the situation at hand:

At first glance, it's bad. We've got an unknown number of Russians pressing down on our positions from all directions, and we don't exactly have a huge number of bodies to hold them off with.

The good news is that while our position isn't great, we do still have a number of advantages-we've still got a poo poo-ton of expendable transports with machine-guns we can use to bolster our left flank, and whatever Russians are still in the vicinity of their vehicles are about to get shredded by heavy mortar fire.

So, with that in mind, the best thing to do at this point is to pull back to form a line of fire and try and weather this assault. To accomplish that, I'd like my platoon commanders to perform the following maneuvers:

First: I want all of our forward-deployed squads to try and fall back to positions roughly along that green line, spreading out to the edge of the treeline. We've already seen Brakeless' squads get isolated and picked apart by fire-I want to make sure when the enemy engages us, they engage all of us.

Second: Technically speaking, it's not my unit, but I'd like the deployed grenade launcher team, if possible, to area-fire near the position where 3rd Platoon, 3rd Squad was wiped out-if we're lucky, we might kill a few Russians, or at the very least supress them as our BTRs drive up to support us.

Finally, with that infantry contact by the road in mind, I'd like to divert one infantry team over to deal with it, while sending the command team out of harm's way. Last thing we need to worry about is Russians showing up on our backside in the middle of this firefight.

Actually, on second thought, gently caress it-it's just one team (probably). I still want the command team to move, but get your infantry to move up to the green line along with everyone else.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
GI if you don't mind answering, is the grenade launcher able to area fire that target? I am going to move it forward if it isn't.

Brakeless, if his guys move back, move back with them. There is no point in your guys trying to take on that entire force.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 16, 2016

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

dtkozl posted:

GI if you don't mind answering, is the grenade launcher able to area fire that target? I am going to move it forward if it isn't.

Not quite, there's some varied topography between them and the target that's stopping them.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
How does this look?

Bulat to push up 150 ft (about where dtkozl suggested) and face NNW. Target (brief? light? not sure which) the tree line with the machine gun if we can't see anyone at that point.

Abrams to quick as fast as possible along green (go around the convoy), and down into the low ground, then move up the hill until it can see the field from a hull down position.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I dunno, man, if there's anything left alive in those trees after half a dozen range-on airburst main gun shells, it's probably fuckin' lichen.

As to the Abrams, it would be prudent for you to wait until we see if my infantry can spot anything. The orders are already given, they're en route. By all means relocate, but if our pixelmen infoshare any locations, it'd be more likely for you to shoot first (and second, third, and fourth, maybe).

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 17, 2016

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yeah, we also have no idea at all what all is lurking over there. Assuming it's one T90 because that's what killed my T64 is magical thinking. Wait for The Merry Marauder's infantry to make contact before getting your Abrahms stuck in.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Chunky Monkey posted:

How does this look?

Bulat to push up 150 ft (about where dtkozl suggested) and face NNW. Target (brief? light? not sure which) the tree line with the machine gun if we can't see anyone at that point.

Abrams to quick as fast as possible along green (go around the convoy), and down into the low ground, then move up the hill until it can see the field from a hull down position.

You're going to expose your rear armor to fire from that T-90 or T-72 during the last section of that green movement arc.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
2 Company Orders

Take the circled ATGM team, mount it up - move it along the solid PURPLE line at QUICK speed. Then dismount and QUICK move it along the dashed line. Deploy as indicated.

2nd Platoon, move along the solid YELLOW line and QUICK speed. Dismount and QUICK move along the dashed line. Deploy inside the treeline to overwtach Rabbit Field.

TMM, you might want to move that exposed BTR of yours to safety.

GI, please retask the 2nd Apache to hit the area that tank shot came from. Heavy fire mission, please.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Chunky Monkey posted:

How does this look?

You need to help first co, we already have oldest man hanging around to help 2nd and A co!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd Ad Hoc Armored whatever

All units hold on current positions, cease target area fire orders.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

The Merry Marauder posted:

I dunno, man, if there's anything left alive in those trees after half a dozen range-on airburst main gun shells, it's probably fuckin' lichen.

As to the Abrams, it would be prudent for you to wait until we see if my infantry can spot anything. The orders are already given, they're en route. By all means relocate, but if our pixelmen infoshare any locations, it'd be more likely for you to shoot first (and second, third, and fourth, maybe).

There is an incredible ability for men to stay alive in these games unless directly hit with HE and even then sometimes you get weird results. The only way to ever be sure is multiple turns of firing.

order

First off do a quick scan with the LOS tool on my AT4 fagots and see if there is anything blocking their LOS to the enemy tanks downrange that I can do anything about. I figure its terrain on their end that is blocking me but I'd like to be sure.

Move the btr to 1. Dismount and move the two teams with a Quick march to the labeled positions, deploy. Then move the BTR to 2. and face the enemy.

RED: The south GL I want you to skirt him along out of LOS on the inside edge of the depression until he gets roughly parallel OR in a obvious position to where he can potentially fire on the enemy and then deploy. IF this will never work then run him north next to his brother.

The north GL - IF he can potentially see enemies from where he is, deploy. IF otherwise, Quick march in a 50 meter burst focusing on the northern edge (meaning, pointing to those enemy contacts in the middle of the woods, to the NE of his position. I don't mean run him on the absolute edge, buy northern edge I am merely stating what LOS I want you to focus him on. Keep the man in the middle of the trees as much as possible) OR until he has the potential to see the enemies. IF at the end of the run it is still impossible to see the area that the enemy was roughly in, make another burt etc. In essence I want an aggressive move to contact but I don't want to run into an ambush, so in order to accomplish that I want you to stop once his has LOS on a position where we saw enemy contacts and deploy.

PURPLE Quick move to the x

YELLOW Quick move down the road. Please tell me who teal is.

I am assuming A is a broken BTR? If it is possible to shove him in teals jalopy go back and get him. Run the at team towards teal while he is doing that to shorten the distance. If not, Quick march the two lovely BTRs at B (not my super btrs) Over to the AT team.

Might as well load my HQ and extra bodies squad back into their btrs. Move them safely towards A and then (if I need to draw you a line without you destroying them then don't move them) then once on the good road quick to where purple currently is then drive north along that line to 1 Cos position.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
I think we should retask our Apache over to the area of the tank that killed our guys last turn.

We have a lot of friendlies in the search zone and I don't think at the current time its a very useful zone anyways:

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Air does a good job of moving around the battlefield, it should be fine. Better than waiting another 10 minutes that is certain.

pthighs what about the UAV over the enemy near 1 Co and you using it to call in a mortar strike?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

1st Company, 1st Platoon

All squads quick onto the green line, face West.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

dtkozl posted:

Air does a good job of moving around the battlefield, it should be fine. Better than waiting another 10 minutes that is certain.

Why don't we see what the call in would be for the retask? If JTAC is freed up it could be much less than that.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

The Merry Marauder posted:

Why don't we see what the call in would be for the retask? If JTAC is freed up it could be much less than that.

Because I want the JTAC to call in a uav and ptighs to call in a mortar strike now to save your company. I already know how long it will take, approx 6 minutes.

The ultimate problem with the chopper is it won't touch the infantry on foot in the woods, which is my main concern. We know there are no tanks over there, so what purpose is there to call in a chopper vs mortars that will definitely kill the infantry? The chopper will roam to find armored targets, so it isn't like we are going to waste it in any case.

dtkozl fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 17, 2016

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

UAV is already called in on the A company FO and I'm not sure if it can re-task? Maybe it can abort and come back?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Note the UAV is under control of the Company commander. It is currently up and should be pointing at the attackers of 1st Co. right now (or if not right now, within a minute or two). I will call a conditional mortar strike on that area.

I will leave the chopper as is for now. Though I believe you can move it's area without the full penalty of ending it's current mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Ah, sorry for the confusion, I'm at fault.

So you want to retask the chopper over the far western edge? Might be worth a shot but since we don't know the enemy position it is gonna be pretty tricky.

• Locked thread