Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

"Did they vote for the hamburger candidate?" - Arino, probably

Funny you should mention that, JS Foodies ran a campaign of Mr. Burger versus Mrs. Burger. You got a ballot when you bought one and could vote.
Mr. Burger won.

That said, It'd be totally cool if there was one place in the entire internet where the election isn't being pounded into you, just my two yen.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Those sure are some burgs

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

RabidWeasel posted:

Those sure are some burgs

The actual burgers, naturally, didn't measure up to that.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Kakaricho posted:

The actual burgers, naturally, didn't measure up to that.

They never do. :smith:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What's the best burger place in Tokyo?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zari-gani posted:

Can't wait to hear the GCCX staff's opinions on this election when I have drinks with them.

"Please bring more alcohol" probably.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

What's the best burger place in Tokyo?

Assuming this was for me, I have no clue, I live quite far away and haven't been there in a year.

The Quiz: The Feudal Lord's Ambition 2 challenge was interesting, they bought the arcade board from BEEP@Akihabara, but the video converter and joystick were too expensive, so they were loaners from other stores (who got a bit of free advertising for it). Rather than codes, etc. they ended up changing the dip switches to change the settings, and the entire thing was just sitting there exposed, which was kid of funny.

They're giving away merchandise instead of the game, of course. The average person probably doesn't have much use of an arcade board. I still recommend checking out BEEP if you're ever nearby, they have a lot of retro computers and some systems too.

Next challenge is a Nihon Bussan game

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 11, 2016

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It was for anyone really. That store looks worth checking out.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am partial to Freshness burger for chain burgers. Haven't ever gone to one in Tokyo, though.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Mister Chief posted:

It was for anyone really. That store looks worth checking out.

JS Foodies is pretty expensive, those burger sets were 1500 a piece.
It's an artisan-type place.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

JS Foodies is pretty expensive, those burger sets were 1500 a piece.
It's an artisan-type place.

That wouldn't even be the most expensive burger I've bought in Japan.

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
W.P. Goldburger is pretty good if you're in tokyo and want something good with a little punk flair.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"

Alzabo posted:

W.P. Goldburger is pretty good if you're in tokyo and want something good with a little punk flair.
Whenever I have friends from out of town who are in the mood for something non-Japanese after eating it for a few days, I usually take them here and they love it.

There's another place also in Shibuya called Mad Burger which I hear is even better but I haven't had a chance to go myself yet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chinese barbecue porp posted:

I am partial to Freshness burger for chain burgers. Haven't ever gone to one in Tokyo, though.

Considering you can get something to eat that's better and cheaper within a three-minute walk from any Freshness Burger you might encounter in Tokyo, I don't see why you would :v:

leather fedora posted:

There's another place also in Shibuya called Mad Burger which I hear is even better but I haven't had a chance to go myself yet.

Shibuya has the best burger I've ever had, and I say this as a red-blooded American who has eaten a lot of fuckin burgers, but it sure ain't been at mad burger

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Nov 11, 2016

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

The White Dragon posted:

Considering you can get something to eat that's better and cheaper within a three-minute walk from any Freshness Burger you might encounter in Tokyo, I don't see why you would :v:

Granted hamburgers is probably my last bet for local good eats in Japan.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Has anyone eaten the Windows 7 burger?

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k-QXkvds_s
Arino's long quest for Pokémon Mastery is at an end.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

With Arino back at work after his injury, I thought it might be nice to send a card from the foreign fans wishing him a steady recovery.

I was thinking of buying a card and adding messages from everyone, so from now until November 17th (JST), if you have a short message (up to 500 characters) you want to send, either email it to vrkakaricho@gmail.com or post it here, and I'll be glad to translate it and add it to the card (via some printed out pages with everyone's comments.)

Cost of the card and postage is zero, I can spare that much, so don't hold back.

Feel fee to add your opinions!
"Wishing you well from Minnesota USA, most famously known for the mall of america, the spam museum, the mullet hair cut, and the Juicy Lucy burger. Next time you're asked to run a relay race, maybe ask one of the faster ADs to run it for you. But don't ask Kan, because he's more of a distance runner than a sprinter. Thanks for the years of entertainment."

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Today (November 14th) is Watanabe's birthday

https://twitter.com/YUTTY163

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Nov 14, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Kakaricho posted:

Today (October 14th) is Watanabe's birthday

I'd get her a cake but, you know.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Kakaricho posted:

Today (October 14th) is Watanabe's birthday

november 14th?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Acer Pilot posted:

november 14th?

Time machine malfunctioned, I meant November.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Here's something for the card:

Greetings from Germany. Get well soon, don't work too hard and don't stress yourself (haha).
Also, play Dengeki Big Bang! already.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If the card's still going:

Hey, it's Jim from Scotland. I hope you enjoyed the whisky I sent you... Get well soon!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Cat Machine posted:

If the card's still going:

Still taking messages till midnight on the 17th JST, don't be shy, fewer messages make it a bit harder to send!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

A big hug from Negrostrike from Brazil! Your Brazilian fans thank you for all those years of happiness you brought to us!

PS: Please visit us and check out our vast collection of bootleg games for Mega Drive, Master System and SNES!

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
ARINO! ABUNAI!!

- AUSTRALIA

(in English and all caps)

Famibomb fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 15, 2016

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Arino, get well soon :)
From ブラジル with love,
-Blanka's neighbor

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Sure, I'll pull myself out of lurking and contribute:

Hello from the Midwest, USA! I hope you're having a speedy recovery. I've been enjoying your show for several years now, and I always get excited when you say KACHO ON! So hold left, press start, and get well soon!

TOH
Jun 24, 2013

Hope thrusts alone!
Thanks for putting this together, I'll throw a message in:

Hello from New Jersey here in USA! Wanted to wish the Kacho well for a quick return to full health. I'm sure many of us would love to see Arino and the GCCX team here in America again, so make sure to completely recover!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jacob from Texas says get well soon, Kacho! YEEHAW!

:colbert:

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
Well wishes from Texas, USA! Gamecenter CX and the Kachou have kept me smiling through hard times. Thank you for all you do, and get well soon!

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

There will be an In-n-Out burger sacrificed for your health in San Diego. Please take this time to enjoy an RPG. Get well soon!

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Warm thoughts from Newfoundland, Canada. You're a charismatic entertainer and I hope you get well soon. Best wishes and abunai.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Best wishes from Ottawa - Canada's capital! Your tenacity is an inspiration!

Enentol fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 15, 2016

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Get well soon from Kansas in America. Hoping the best for you.

Suraht
Feb 12, 2014
Well, at least my default avatar isn't just for show.

Edited: Greetings from Oklahoma in the USA, and thank you for all the entertainment.

Suraht fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 16, 2016

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

To remind people, Arino is back at work after an injury, I think congratulations on the (supposed) recovery may be more the thing than wishing him a speedy one :)

lunchtabler
Feb 29, 2016
Don't post often, but I do have a message. Thanks Kakaricho for doing this!

"Best wishes from New York City! If you ever come to visit, let's explore the video game stores and arcades here together. We'll walk and not bike! 100% TENACITY!
-Darrell from NYC"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
有野課長、お大事に!またお会いしましょう!

ニーナより

("Chief Arino, get well soon! Let's meet again!")