Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

They have the best churros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I always buy a bunch of those fruit smoothies at the food court because they're goddamn delicious and dirt cheap

I haven't had a Costco membership in like 5 years but I still swing by for the smoothies and pizza on the way to BJ's, Costco has lovely oranges while bjs has oranges the size of grapefruits so I go there instead

Crash74
May 11, 2009
doesn't costco accually pay its employees / give them benefits

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

yes

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
And it promotes from within, too.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Like good money also.
I think I heard most employees who are there like 5 years are making like at least mid-50k plus benefits.

They have essentially zero employee theft gee I wonder why...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Agreed. I work ten minutes from a Costco, get out of work at 8 PM, get there by 8:10, and I have the whole store to myself for a blissful 20 minutes before they close at 8:30.

Either that, or be the first person in when they open on weekends. If I can't go then, I don't go. The lines and crowds are too terrible any other times.
Yep, and they don't even kick you out at 830 just closing the doors so you have more time than that.

Went today because I needed to replace a car battery. Going 15 minutes before they opened didn't help much today sadly

Had to wait in the tire center for like 20 minutes to buy a new car battery, and then they couldn't fully refund my old one so I had to go wait into Merchandise Return which had another 30 minute line, and then the store was packed by the time I was done. At least checkout was almost empty so I got out fast.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Do they sell dildos by the gross or no

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

No but they sell gross dildos by the dozen

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I make up the difference in cheap gas prices while idling in line for the pump.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
just buy a few of these next time, you can eat them and survive off them for a month or so and then unleash a hellacious hard dump that will rip you in half

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sup folks, just hanging out at Costco waiting for my tires to be installed. Right now I'm enjoying a bomb rear end chili dog.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Costco I'm forced to shop at is the busiest Costco in the world.

If you think you've suffered come to my Costco.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I, too, buy mac/chee by the 180 serving bucket.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Wait, they have chili at the hot dog place?
:vince:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Costco - unleash a hellacious hard dump that will rip you in half

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

ive never been inside a costco.

we have a sam's club here and it's not very good. however, they are building a costco walking distance from my work and about 5 miles from my home, and i will soon "know" costco. should i be excited?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

big trivia FAIL posted:

ive never been inside a costco.

we have a sam's club here and it's not very good. however, they are building a costco walking distance from my work and about 5 miles from my home, and i will soon "know" costco. should i be excited?

Yes.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
yes, sam's club is trash. like night and day.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

WaryWarren posted:

yes, sam's club is trash. like night and day.

Just went there yesterday and :same:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
about to go to costco, any recommendations?????????????(????????)

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I usually get their quinoa salad and a rotisserie chicken but im interested in seeing what YOU think, gbs

naem
May 29, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

Purchase some of their fine selection foods and or dry goods???

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

pr0k posted:

Welcome to Costco.

I love you.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Protip: bring your own jars and walk out with massive amounts of hotdog fixings. They charge you for the 'dog, not the fixings.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

Wait, they have chili at the hot dog place?
:vince:

Can anyone confirm this? I need to gain 20 pounds of horrible flab, stat.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArtIsResistance posted:

hit up the samples

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Did you know you could take more than 1 sample at the same time

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Dangerous Minority posted:

They pay me 13 bucks an hour to push carts around a parking lot and put stuff in boxes for people. That's pretty neat.

Payin me close to 24 to work a register. I also feel that this is neat.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The ceo kept on getting pressure from his execs to raise the price of hotdogs but he keeps saying "no, gently caress you"

He also fixes their maximum makrup at 15%

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
If a new costco opens near you, go the night before. Starting 6pm there is free food and stuff. Food court fare + they bring in caterers who cook up all sorts of Costco products.
All the bigwigs go if you fancy meeting Craig Jelanik (sp) or sometimes Jim Sinegal. It's open to members (no, they don't check for memberships).

Source; I go to like 5 a year cuz I open the buildings

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How often do they clean the diced onion dispensers for Hot dogs? Not that any answer you give me will prevent me from shoving them in my mouth, but I'm curious.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

The Cubelodyte posted:

Can anyone confirm this? I need to gain 20 pounds of horrible flab, stat.

The one I go to has beef chili in a cup so I guess you could buy the hot dog and dip it in the cup chili

Prude posted:

one of the best things at costco at least the last time i went was this korean pork jerky they had in the snack section near checkout

That Korean BBQ pork jerky was good but it also gave me and the GF turbofarts for the rest of the night so I would not recommend. The Steak Strips jerky though is so good it's a crime.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
There's weird regional variations in the cosrco food courts. Dor 8nstance the ones in jersey sell burgers amd fries for some reason.

Meanwhile other places sell gelato

Ive seen italian sausage and also brata sold alongside the hot dogs in various regions. Not both at the same place though

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Tato posted:

How often do they clean the diced onion dispensers for Hot dogs? Not that any answer you give me will prevent me from shoving them in my mouth, but I'm curious.

Every night.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
they have BBQ pulled pork at my Costco eatery but I don't know how common it is

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

There's weird regional variations in the cosrco food courts. Dor 8nstance the ones in jersey sell burgers amd fries for some reason.

Meanwhile other places sell gelato

Ive seen italian sausage and also brata sold alongside the hot dogs in various regions. Not both at the same place though
that sounds pretty nice. ours is just the boring standard(?) menu. Probably depends on if there's some local factory that can supply them close by?

Never had the caesar salad or turkey wrap; the chicken bake kind of sucks in the past several years, but hot dog/pizza is still solid (but mostly bang for the buck, its not otherwise good)

I remember costco selling giant pretzels in the early 90s but maybe that was price club or something. I miss those.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
They tend to have the same menu aside from maybe 2-3 regional choices.

Mine has brisket sammiches.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

They tend to have the same menu aside from maybe 2-3 regional choices.

Mine has brisket sammiches.

Same, also the Italian sausages and hot turkey and provolone sandwiches.

And the chicken bakes give me reason to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Garbage food for garbage people.