Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

HPanda posted:

Theory: anyone who doesn't like MM&O has either never dealt with people like the characters, or are (or at one point were) Owl.

I never really had to deal with such people (went to nerd school so mostly hung with other nerds) and yet MM&O has grown on me. Kind of like a fungus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

BIG BOUNCERS BLASTOFF 3 posted:

Well, I loved Megg, Mogg & Owl so much I finally decided to buy two books of it! Thanks, thread!

...I'd read them all. All of them had been posted. This must be how Owl feels all the time.

*shits in garden*

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Groke posted:

I never really had to deal with such people (went to nerd school so mostly hung with other nerds) and yet MM&O has grown on me. Kind of like a fungus conjunctivitis.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Calaveron posted:

I wish I had the necessary gumption, wherewithal and autism to watch a children's cartoon in order to understand that comic

YMMV, but it's in the same vein as Adventure Time or We Bare Bears, i.e. twee and fun to watch as an adult. I liked it, but then again I'm not dead inside.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Calaveron posted:

Because I only superficially know who those characters are (one's from that kids show with the sentient illuminati symbol and the other's from adult swim's flavor of the week) and don't understand why they're together or the significance of him hating his brother in his reality but loving him in the other and why that makes him a terrible person

I like rick and morty and have never heard/seen anything about that other guy but it seems like in the other universe, the brother he's jealous of, if their status/wealth/success was switched, would be happy that he succeeded. He got proof he's worse than his brother who is happy in all timelines.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I talk a lot of big game re goons and children's media but the most exciting thing that'll happen this week to me is Pokemon sun arriving on Friday

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I have never seen a "fan comic" of Gravity Falls that wasn't either horrible, horribly loving depressing or Soos making out with a pig.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

BIG BOUNCERS BLASTOFF 3 posted:

Well, I loved Megg, Mogg & Owl so much I finally decided to buy two books of it! Thanks, thread!

...I'd read them all. All of them had been posted. This must be how Owl feels all the time.

*shits in garden*

Me too but then I was like, eh, Hanselmann deserves my money.

Actually there were two really good laugh-out-loud comics that I haven't seen posted here: catching the bus to the music festival, and when Owl comes home and finds WW Jones and pals making a Gatorade sauna in his wardrobe.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

freebooter posted:

Me too but then I was like, eh, Hanselmann deserves my money.

Actually there were two really good laugh-out-loud comics that I haven't seen posted here: catching the bus to the music festival, and when Owl comes home and finds WW Jones and pals making a Gatorade sauna in his wardrobe.

post 'em, dingus

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

(one's from that kids show with the sentient illuminati symbol

What show is this? I have an illuminati symbol tattooed on my wrist and some kid recognized it the other day in the checkout line at the grocery store. It weirded me the gently caress out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

bongwizzard posted:

What show is this? I have an illuminati symbol tattooed on my wrist and some kid recognized it the other day in the checkout line at the grocery store. It weirded me the gently caress out.

https://www.google.com/search?q=illuminati+symbol+with+top+hat&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Double Punctuation posted:

I wish I had the necessary gumption, wherewithal and autism to understand why you need to watch a children's cartoon in order to understand that comic

Calaveron posted:

Because I only superficially know who those characters are (one's from that kids show with the sentient illuminati symbol and the other's from adult swim's flavor of the week) and don't understand why they're together or the significance of him hating his brother in his reality but loving him in the other and why that makes him a terrible person

I wish I had the internet cred to prove how little I know and care about a thing people enjoy by posting just how much I don't know or care about it.

Maybe people would like me then, and see that they should only watch the things I watch and like the things I like.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Got some pure gold for you guys

source:
http://imgur.com/gallery/uVZAh

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Re: the Gravity Falls/Rick and Morty crossover comic, the shows had a silly crossover moment:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8F1MSiZVHX4

The shows' creators also had minor voiceover rolls on each others' shows. Rick and Morty's Justin Roiland voiced time traveler Blendin Blandin, and Gravity Falls' Alex Hirsch voiced the popular jock guy that Summer was crushing on in the episode where Rick transfers his mind into a teenage clone.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jmcrofts posted:

source:

these comics are bad

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bongwizzard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKCeOOkqOV8

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

source:

I started reading those and man they just got exponentially worse as they went

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Let's have a palate cleanser, yes?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

A Moose posted:

I started reading those and man they just got exponentially worse as they went

yeah, loving "women fish for compliments" and "men are slobs" jokes in TYOOL 2016, jesus.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I love that guy!

Who What Now posted:

Where did you see Ice Giants?

You're standing on good old Ymir right now

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Only his eyebrows

I feel bad for niflheim
Mustve been made from the crotch

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

These comics are good

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Krinkle posted:

I like rick and morty and have never heard/seen anything about that other guy but it seems like in the other universe, the brother he's jealous of, if their status/wealth/success was switched, would be happy that he succeeded. He got proof he's worse than his brother who is happy in all timelines.

Basically, genius brother\dumb brother. DB does stupid thing on accident, GB thinks its on purpose to gently caress with him and disappears for like 50 years. DB's life circles the drain, GB returns but blames DB for everything ever. DB turns out to be actually kind of a decent guy but mostly just that stupid. GB ends up accepting that. The End.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Jmcrofts posted:

source:

I quite liked these and I hate those witch/owl ones. Maybe I should just kill my are selve.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

monkeytennis posted:

I quite liked these and I hate those witch/owl ones. Maybe I should just kill my are selve.

Yeah sorry those are very bad

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They belong in a museum of comedy.

Like a diorama of dinosaurs in a museum of history.

Because while they're clearly intended to show the real thing, there is no way it could be mistaken for it.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

the punchline for like 1/3 of those is "women, amirite? :rolleyes:" Sorry about your broken sense of humor

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Ferrule posted:

post 'em, dingus

Can't find them online. Buy his books! They're like 15 bucks on Amazon.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Calaveron posted:

I wish I had the necessary gumption, wherewithal and autism to watch a children's cartoon in order to understand that comic

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Holy poo poo.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

love it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think the not-tracts are my absolute favorite comics throughout all incarnations of this thread.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I read and enjoy majority of the comics people post here. Keep up the good work

Dethanc
May 22, 2005
Remember Fireman Comics?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Remember pokey the penguin?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I don't get it.